Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #31
nstg8a

Default Re: Top secret report reveals new-look Holden with no V8

If they announce plans to sell the caddy cts-v here then il jump the fence in a heartbeat.

But the only reason the mustang is viable in rhd is because it's going global. Gm don't seem interested in that scenario.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #32
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
HAve a think about it for a second...

GM-H are not that stupid to leave Australia without a V8 option, Holden may be thinking of producing two cars from the one platform here to cut costs etc...(if it happens). But there is no real clear indication of what way they will go, this report is not an official General Motors report, but an Independent report from a University.

Holden could use the Alpha platform here and build two cars, or they could build the Malibu and Impala here from the Epsilon platform...

Either way, Holden will not leave its customers without a V8, catered with either a Cadillac or Camaro...
I agree.

Just like Ford is bringing the Mustang, Holden will do something for RWD V8 fans. Could Australia become the next battle ground for Mustang v Camaro? Is this our Bathurst 1000 destiny?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
At least the Falcon's going out with dignity. I would hate to see the Falcon nameplate resurface on some FWD ****box like whats happening with the C'dore.
I agree! Some clowns just think Holden is just going down swinging

I didn't think Holden has confirming anything till December at the earliest. I thought everything hinges on gov support....with another final descissions made in March. That's what I read anyway. Don't quote me
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

The unfortunate fact of all of this is that due to woeful US economic management over the past 10 years (or more depending on how you look at it), the US and all of its companies are now internalising all manufacturing. The end result is that anything external gets shutdown (read - Australian manufacturing), and all profits will flow back to the US and not Australia. That is what I call 'really sad'!

Can't see myself supporting the US economy any time soon.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #35
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden should bring out a JF Camira!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #36
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

What scares me is the Australian motoring industry going back to those pearlers that made up our car industry in the 40's. Modern day Morris's, Anglias, prefects, zephyrs etc etc etc. NOOOOOOOOO!

Tell me I am wrong guys, tell me I am wrong.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #37
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I agree! Some clowns just think Holden is just going down swinging

I didn't think Holden has confirming anything till December at the earliest. I thought everything hinges on gov support....with another final descissions made in March. That's what I read anyway. Don't quote me
December ehh. Be a great idea to devastate employees with such good news prior to Xmas. Your a genius mate. Ohh that's right. You are informed cause you read it somewhere.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #38
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
December ehh. Be a great idea to devastate employees with such good news prior to Xmas. Your a genius mate. Ohh that's right. You are informed cause you read it somewhere.
The article is in this thread.
It states the independent search into the holden situation leaves the government asking holden to make a descision before DECEMBER. MARCH, they will be reinvestigating and no doubt laying down more requesst for what holden plans to do.
Look it up and read it youself...instead of following me from thread to thread calling me a liar just because your a car dealer and you know everything about whats in stock.
Did you look up my post history that proves that I crossed shopped Ranger/G6ET/and territory yet. And that 2 of my mates had 3 months wait quoted on Focuses...same as I was quoted on the ranger. Because im waiting for an apology!!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #39
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
If they announce plans to sell the caddy cts-v here then il jump the fence in a heartbeat.

That thing makes the 300C look handsome....
3 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #40
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

and probably cheap too by the time they get it here.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The article is in this thread.
It states the independent search into the holden situation leaves the government asking holden to make a descision before DECEMBER. MARCH, they will be reinvestigating and no doubt laying down more requesst for what holden plans to do.
Look it up and read it youself...instead of following me from thread to thread calling me a liar just because your a car dealer and you know everything about whats in stock.
Did you look up my post history that proves that I crossed shopped Ranger/G6ET/and territory yet. And that 2 of my mates had 3 months wait quoted on Focuses...same as I was quoted on the ranger. Because im waiting for an apology!!!!!
Since 2005, the year you registered as a user on this forum, I have been following every post you make, thread to thread. Course I am. Wake up pal. Until Holden comes out and goes bang, the rest is just he say/she say. Never called you a liar. You read into my reply and came to that conclusion. One thing's for sure, you do believe every thing you read and somehow call them facts. Should call yourself factman!
4 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #42
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Since 2005, the year you registered as a user on this forum, I have been following every post you make, thread to thread. Course I am. Wake up pal. Until Holden comes out and goes bang, the rest is just he say/she say. Never called you a liar. You read into my reply and came to that conclusion. One thing's for sure, you do believe every thing you read and somehow call them facts. Should call yourself factman!
Both of you need to kiss and make up.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #43
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Pics not needed.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #44
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Pics not needed.
Video could provide humour.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
Old 08-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
malazn mafia
Boss 335

They could just do a new Holden Apollo. Buy a whole stack of camries, stick on the Holden badge and immediately have a car with choice of 4cyl Hybrid, and hi-tech V6 with a long list of options.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #46
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
They could just do a new Holden Apollo. Buy a whole stack of camries, stick on the Holden badge and immediately have a car with choice of 4cyl Hybrid, and hi-tech V6 with a long list of options.
VF Lexen?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #47
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Probably not a stupid idea, get rid of the awful Malibu and by having volume through Camry, Aurion and Apollo sales they may be able to justify developing a wagon variant to be added to the Altona plant.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #48
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
This THREAD is about an official government investigation where in it they say holden has been given to December to reply with their intended actions. Another investigation is around march. And I remember saying 'DONT QUOTE ME' incase I didn't remember the facts right...although I did.

your replies to me state you don't believe what im saying to be true and that im making things up for some reason. Thats saying im lieing. In all cases I have provided proof or access to proof. You just choose NOT to read it and NOT to comment on the proof I give you. Rather you belittle me.
There are guys RIGHT NOW in the ranger thread telling us they are waiting from anywhere between 2 weeks and 6months...yet you don't believe me and my mates were told 3 months.You say im making it up.

But you replied-
Quote"December ehh. Be a great idea to devastate employees with such good news prior to Xmas. Your a genius mate. Ohh that's right. You are informed cause you read it somewhere."Quote

why would I bother reading any official reviews or comments if they all are wrong?

I WAS interested in the thread topic!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #49
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
3300 sales last month and in the top 3 but its "dead and unwanted?"
How many were hugely discounted VEII's?
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #50
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
I never kiss **** pardon the pun
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #51
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This THREAD is about an official government investigation where in it they say holden has been given to December to reply with their intended actions. Another investigation is around march. And I remember saying 'DONT QUOTE ME' incase I didn't remember the facts right...although I did.

your replies to me state you don't believe what im saying to be true and that im making things up for some reason. Thats saying im lieing. In all cases I have provided proof or access to proof. You just choose NOT to read it and NOT to comment on the proof I give you. Rather you belittle me.
There are guys RIGHT NOW in the ranger thread telling us they are waiting from anywhere between 2 weeks and 6months...yet you don't believe me and my mates were told 3 months.You say im making it up.

But you replied-
Quote"December ehh. Be a great idea to devastate employees with such good news prior to Xmas. Your a genius mate. Ohh that's right. You are informed cause you read it somewhere."Quote

why would I bother reading any official reviews or comments if they all are wrong?

I WAS interested in the thread topic!
The govt don't decide on when or whether a business chooses to close. That's a fact. There may be an article published that suggests that. Matter of fact there is lots of crap written by the press daily. You don't need to keep stating them with such conviction that some may believe it's gospel. Keep up the great work Factman
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #52
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most of the talk around here is worry that all these closures are set to the time that reelection of fed gov is due.

V8 is dead.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #53
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have heard from a very good source that Holden are going to badge engineer the Toyota Aurion, like the VN Holden and Toyota Lexcen.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #54
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehoos View Post
V8 is dead.
When the European and Japanese motor vehicle manufacturers stop making the V8, then it will be dead. Up until that time, local manufacturers are simply being reactive.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #55
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
3300 sales last month and in the top 3 but its "dead and unwanted?"
3,300 versus other models which are sold globally and therefore have their costs spread over a much larger volume.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #56
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well it appears like holden have done some market research, rember the detroit mantra has always been that it cost the same to design, develop and manufacturer a small car as much as a large car but you can charge more for a large car, which was fine till the competition came along.
The reality is young people cant afford a house and the ones that can are buying smaller houses this in turn means smaller families, no long is it socially acceptable for the male to be the bread winner and the female stays home only needing one car, but when it was people brought the largest car they could afford. Both are at work to pay these inflated mortgages thus the need for 2 cars. Why anyone would buy 2 large family saloons with one or 2 offspring, it just make no sense.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #57
I6DOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Why anyone would buy 2 large family saloons with one or 2 offspring, it just make no sense.
Guilty as charged. Have 2 offspring and 2 large saloons...ba/fg turbos.

My wife used to think the way you do...that was at least until she stabbed the loud pedal on the ba. The space, comfort, power & dynamics of the falcon (and value) were all hard to overlook.

There is still a place for a decent sized saloon IMO...and on aggregate there are still sales that prove it. With the size of the modern day 'small/medium' car growing towards close to the 'large' car of yesteryear, the reality of market fragmentation has killed the commo & falcon (or anything else being built on our shores shortly). Such a shame.

Can't see too many rwd 270kw family saloons on the way post 2016....the world is becoming far to sensible for my liking.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #58
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The possibility is that the VF/VG Zeta Commodore V8 becomes a limited production vehicle
for those buyers who want it, similar to the way the current Caprice has become.

That way Holden would be free to roll in a new FWD large vehicle on a corporate platform
for volume sales thus avoiding the cost of developing a new large car. If that new vehicle is a
version of the 2014 Impala, I can see the engine options such as 2.4 DI, 3.6 V6 and a possible
TT V6 suiting a wider audience, especially fleet buyers.

All supposition until Holden decides which way it wants to hop...
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #59
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what is the ratio of V8 holden to total Australian fleet.
versus the ratio of the world fleet and lexus,BMW etc.

If you look at USA media-not the euro green stuff- you see lots of very silly electric assist cars.I have no idea how they sell or how good they are but if I can see 1/4 of the local taxi fleet as prius and Australian taxi drivers dumping falcons because they are expencive to operate.

I live in a V8 falcon-holden friendly region and own a landrover V8.
the boat ramp at the end of the street has not a V8 in sight.

my 60yr old next door sold his BA GT special after 30 000Km and bought a boxter.

IM not in the loop--but worked in a big dealership during the 80-90's through the many drop the V8 deals. standard practise for GM not to base production on anything....and they realy can turn out some clangers.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #60
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
All supposition until Holden decides which way it wants to hop...
Speculation, not supposition. This is Australia mate.
Closed Thread