Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #31
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

I replaced the engine mounts in my manual EA in 2001 with repco item. the broke 6 months later took them back for a warranty job...i hasseled them for about 6-8 onths them gave up i am still waiting for them to refund me the $$$ (not that i expect to get it back) Oh Yeah the car was sold in Januarry 2002 hmmm don't think i'll be needing their warranty now. I h8 being jerked around by ppl when you are paying them for a product and or service.
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #32
I bleed ford
351 cubes of power

me: need set of plugs for 89 carby xf ute
them:here you go
me: how come there are only four?
them: sorry, here you go
me: four plus one makes five. stick your plugs up your ИИИИ

me and my mates call em ripco. they will never get another cent out of me
I bleed ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #33
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I used to work for repco, and although there were a few competent people, there were also a lot of "people" who worked there but were entirely useless anbd there for their look (not me) or because they were in tight with the boss. (It is acutally the individual store managers decision on who works there.)
I got frustrated when i had to make an excuse for someone elses incompetence and would go out of my way to fix the situation.
Neddeless to say, there are some nasty customers out there too. Like the obnoxious lady who wanted all the filters for her landcruiser. Went like this:
Me: What model?
Her : I don't know
Me: Petrol or Diesel?
Her: My husband fills it up
Me: Does it look like a big wagon of a ute or wagon w/o seats? (troopy)
Her: a wagoon with seats
Me: OK, that's an 80 or 100 series, don't suppose the car's here (hoping to have a look)
Her: No
She came back later with the cruiser and it had 4200 DIESEL written down the side. She then had to gall to "tell me" to give her trade price because she was in the trade.

I had a snigger that night

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #34
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Small delay...

I went there this morning to see if it was in yet, got told that I'd have to wait for the courier to get there, to which I replied that I had to get to work, and that they were to call me when it got in.

Wasn't until 2pm this afternoon that I got a call, saying the courier "overpacked" the van, and my part wasn't in there. Have to wait until Monday...

At least they called...
Old 20-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #35
XDSLIDER
BIG LUKE

I only ever deal with two auto stores, REPCO Hoppers Crossing and Autobarn Altona.
Autobarn are awesome and always get my stuff in with in a day.

And Repco Hopppers Crossing are awesome. Trust me, if you buy parts off Henry, you wont go anywhere else.

BIG LUKE

XR6BBQ.......... Just when you thought I had given up!!!
XDSLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #36
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
there are two old guys there that are absolute weapons, find the right part first time, charge the least amount possible and are very quick, if its not in store they deliver to my work.
Rollin, would that be Repco Logan area or somewhere? A mate of mine works there (older guy) and that sounds like him, although I am not exactly what store he works in.

Dan..

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #37
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

repco lawton isnt upto scratch either, the last time i went there the guys were incompetent and they even had a look about them like they new nothing, repco reminds me of a smaller version of autobahn in a way tho
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #38
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

I'm fairly sure all my customers are very happy with the service and pricing they have received from Repco Hoppers Crossing. Thanks to Gunns and XDSlider for commenting. By the way...Luke....Your ARP gear will be in mon/tues.
Old 21-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #39
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPRINT
I'm fairly sure all my customers are very happy with the service and pricing they have received from Repco Hoppers Crossing. Thanks to Gunns and XDSlider for commenting. By the way...Luke....Your ARP gear will be in mon/tues.
I'm not saying all Repco stores are s**t, just this one store up here that should've explained exactly what I needed to do, not say that they will order the part in but I must pre-pay it before they order it.

At least the store in Nambour has been really good so far, bar the courier problem.