Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
Is that through lack of trying???
I think it knows my car now and just runs the moment I round the corner. I've gotta drive past my house to get it so it looks really suss when I fly past the driveway at warp factor 5 then back up and park it.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:24 AM   #32
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
Was he "on walkabout" or just lookin for his other thong?
:
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 03:35 AM   #33
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

I've hit a couple of rabbits and possums, narrowly missed a couple of kangaroos (who hasn't), and one night I think I tapped a cat. I've taunted quite a few drunk road-walkers, luckily never collected any.

Quote:
I also copped a ИИИИatoo on my shin while riding on the highway from Augathella to Tambo (Central Qld). Luckily I had MX boots on... not so lucky for the ИИИИatoo.
Heh, obviously birds are offensive to this forum :P
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 05:04 AM   #34
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

my missus has hit 1 power pole, 7 kangaroos, 2 rabbits, 1 cat, 2 crows and 1 magpie
I've hit 2 cats, 3 crows, 5 magpies, 3 galahs (in a flock), 1 kangaroo, 4 rabbits... collected one on the way home just before
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

The usual birds. Never hit a dog or a cat. (they move to fast.. lol)

However I have it two men on two sepparate occasions. Both times I was driving 40kph. Both were in white cars. Both fords.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:27 AM   #36
Stampy

A Push Bike
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #37
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I've had a real problem with hitting things at the moment...

- Green Tree Snake
- Numerous toads
- American Barn (Don't ask)
- Tow bar (Got a dinted door for it too, not me, the other car)
- Pole surrounding gas cylinder
Old 09-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #38
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
my missus has hit 1 power pole, 7 kangaroos, 2 rabbits, 1 cat, 2 crows and 1 magpie
I've hit 2 cats, 3 crows, 5 magpies, 3 galahs (in a flock), 1 kangaroo, 4 rabbits... collected one on the way home just before
You forgot the partridge in the pear tree!!.....hehe....
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #39
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hit a brand new VY HSV in my two month old BA XR6 a few years back.

Swinging into a parking spot a bit fast I misjudged (hey I am used to bike dimensions) and the front corner of my bumper basically made a long ugly gash the whole way down the side of this car. I don't think I left one panel on the side of his car unpunished. Anyway I felt pretty bad and hung around for half an hour, he didnt come back so I wrote a note and left it on his windscreen, with my details...never heard anything about it. I only had a tiny scratch on my front bumper that buffed out when I got home. :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #40
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I ran over a black cat at night once. It had already been hit by another car and was lying on the road. I didn't even see it really and we turned around and had a look at it. The neighbours came from outside when they heard us turn around. They said they had heard someone hit something before - but wasn't sure. Between us, we got it off the road and put in on the sidewalk.

It turned out to be a neighbours cat.

We are cat owners ourselves, so it hit me fairly hard.

I've wondered ever since, whether me hitting it prevented it from living... or if it prevented it from suffering any further. It died while we watched.

I'll never forget that.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #41
NZ
~~~

You Austrians are gunna hate me. I ran over a Koala. It was right in the centre of my lane + truck coming the other way i had nowhere to go. Ran over a snake going to Mt Gambier once it was quite funny a guy in front of me hit it too after i got it it filpped itself into the air a few m. The guy in front put his hazards on, he musta been watching. Neighbours car ran under my car. DOI was a nice cat too. I had the guts to stop and go tell them their cat was dead. Girl ona pushbike - not sure if that counts cos I was stopped and she rode into my car.

oh and 3836385649376393 flying insects.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #42
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Over the years I've run over so much stuff, some larger than others.....

- Feathered critters by the bush load : crows, sparos, sea gulls, owl etc
- Fury critters : roos, possums, wombats, quolls, cats, a dog, and glanced a cow at 110 kmh near Cook Town
- Fuzzy critters : a flock consisting of various big sheep, lots of little sheeps
- Hard objects : an extension ladder, wooden apple bin, pieces of fire wood, railway sleeper !!, wheel barrow and a fallen tree. Oh, and a metal garbage bin, full of rubbish ofcourse.
Thats over only 17 years of driving, some years up to 60k a year. Unbelievably, the vehicle in nearly every case was not injured....... same could'nt be said for what got hit.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #43
gozza

pedestal fan
tx3 laser
fence
tree
concrete flower box
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #44
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The question is, what haven't I hit?
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #45
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Hit a flock of white ИИИИatoos ,they were in a dip in the road drinking water, must have wiped out about 10-15 of em,car was covered in a white powder, bits and pieces of bird everywhere,fair bit of damage to front grill(xb falc)hit a large red, it bounced off my bull bar over the top of my car(same xb) didn't touch anything else, got up and took off,tough old buggers...
Old 09-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #46
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

for those of you that didn't see my thread on how to replace an FM aeiral, i was driving along, when out of the trees came a flock of ducks... needless to say i got a few... no damage apart from a snapped aeiral and a paint chip in the A pillar...

My dad once copped a small bird head on through the LTD badge on the bonnet of his Landau... doing over 100 at the time, the bird was split in half, and left its remains all along the bonnet, windscreen and roof... no damage though ;)

my mum once hit 2 wallibies in her XA pano... somehow they got both got caught in both of the exhaust manifolds, which were extreamly hot... so that was a very smelly road trip!

damn animals... i reckon they do it for fun...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #47
efgiar
rofl copter

i cardboard box flew into my car at 110 on the princess, no damage but i was gonna chase the truck driver who didnt tie down his ИИИИ, i hit a ditch. and that stupid k-rail at the nightcruise looked at me funny, so i ran it down, knock all 50 meters of it into a ditch car came out bad tho :( lol

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #48
Dezza
Parts bin special

What haven't I hit! I had a big accident with an XH XR6 ute back in 2002. My car spent 2 months off the road because of it. Then, in 2003, I had a 2WD Hilux run up the back of me. Damage to my car was minor (not so for the Hilux - gotta love towbars!). Then my front right brake disc hit the ground (also in 2003), when my wheel took off across the road due to the mechanic not doing the wheelnuts up. And I hit a suicidal galah right on the front Ford badge last year. The galah was a mess but the car didn't even get a scratch.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #49
formerly
loving the Xr8

hit a fair few things. Many many birds possums and rabbits. Swerved for the odd rabbit too!

Also hit a fox, if the two cars in front of me didnt kill i did!

funniest one off all was a possum in an EA, had a low sump guard on it, scraped everything. the poss was running along the road with a waddle, ran over it, heard the thump. looked behind, saw it stand back up, shake itself off and keep running up the middle of the road!
formerly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #50
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my '82 Jeep Cherokee (with large bullbar) hit a green wheely bin at 100km/h which had blown out onto the road (over crest of hill). I think basically the lid broke off and it kind of squashed up and bounced away? No damage to the Jeep.

In VH Dodge ute hit a wooden boat at about 90km/h that blew off the trailer infront of me, flew up into the air and smashed about 10m infront on me. No way the Dodge was going to stop. I just drove over what was left. Luckly it had no motor attached. No obvios damage to the Dodge!

Rod.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #51
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Not just one Galah - half a flock! There was at least 20-30 feeding on the side of the road I live on. I was driving home in the F100 and did slow down, but as I went past, the flock got scared and flew away - but flew into me, instead of away from me! Several thuds and copious amounts of feathers. I saw at least 5-6 knocked out from behind, but only saw two actual dead ones the next day. Forever seeing dead Galahs on the road though. No wonder 'Galah' is another aussie slang word for an idiot, because Galahs ARE stupid. Other birds fly off the opposite direction. Crows/Magpies see cars coming, and just walk off the road.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #52
nb_351
building the xe...

a land cruiser...
enough said... lol
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #53
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

I was a passenger in a 13 tonne Fire Truck that hit an owl while under lights and sirens...

clipped the the top of the bullbar and splattered all over the windscreen. Yuck.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #54
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

A magpie, a wombat and a roo in the XC. There is a thread with a pic in the x-series forums somewhere.......

Also had a magpie fly in to me (literally) on the dirt bike. Also on the dirt bike had HEAPS of close incidents with roos, wally's, lyrebirds, sheep, a stag.... the list goes on.
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #55
Fryday

There's plenty of road works on the Kwinana freeway as anyone in Perth is more than aware..... I was following a 4WD down the freeway on the way to work this morning and was confronted with a stray lane marker (reflective orange plastic pole with a heavy base) which was pretty beaten up. It appeared on the road in front of me from under the 4WD. I couldn't swerve because of traffic and couldnt brake because I was being tailgated. He cleared it, just.... I nailed it at 80. The front spoiler has got a nice grove in it now and it looks like there's a bit more damage underneath too. :
Fryday is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #56
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was driving home after the AFD dinner last year in wagga and a cat jumped out of a tree in front of my car and i hit it and the little fella jumped up and ran away real fast. i just sat there looking at my old man with a strange look of my face thinking what the hell just happened.
ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #57
chief
FTF Club Moderator

In my AU luckily only some small wildlife, possums, snakes. In the Tarago pleanty of birds.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #58
FordFan86
meow

2 Birds have flown into the front bumper.
Ran over 1 plastic crate aswell, car infront swerved suddenly... I saw what it was but had a car next to me... sprayed a freshly washed VN/P SS with plastic and dirt, only cost me a big scratch in the bumper.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #59
max
LWBforME

I have hit 34,876,983 mosquitoes. 95% of which are entombed in my radiator core.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #60
Mrs347stroker
Banned

I have run over a puppy jack russell and right in front of the two little kids who owned it. I hadn't even realised I had run over it until my brother told me. So I stopped went and had a look. The worst part was that the kids said to me crying "you killed my puppy, you killed my puppy". Boy did I feel really bad and started crying. I remember getting back in the car and crying all the way home. It was horrible, never want to run over anything again. Plus it was my fault that shouldn't of had it running on the road in the first place.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post