The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #31
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Damn.

Damn.

Damn.

Those tiny Toyotas create lots of damage. How bloody fast was she going???
Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #32
OzButcher
Silky

I feel for ya mate! :

it happened to me too a few months after we got our car... but in my case it was a guy that caused the accident!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully it all end well.

How bad was the damage on the echo/Yaris? There meant to be a real safe car?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #34
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Bit of bad luck mate sad to see a nice car on a tow truck like that, hope it all works out for you...
Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #35
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[How bad was the damage on the echo/Yaris? There meant to be a real safe car?[/QUOTE]

Towies say could be a riteoff,front pretty badly pushed back and possibly bent A pillar and all electricals stuffed.I wouldn't say they are a safe car,the police say she was doing somewhere in the 80 k?h range and the airbags didn't even deploy. As I said before FRIGGIN S H I TBOX!!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #36
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
the thing you should have said was stupid other make of car driver...
But it was a Toyota, not a Holden. :monkes:

Them's the brakes, Rapid XR8 (I admit, pun fairly well intended). You should be right for insurance though, methinks. So long as you didn't put your name down with Vigil, isn't that right, BJ?

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Old 08-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #37
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Many years ago near an older address of mine, there was a crash, a young bloke, 23, driving a VH commodore wagon had a head-on crash with an oncoming truck, the blokes dad was driving behind him.

What caused the crash was 'distraction', the father reported seeing the son leaning down-to-the-left, as though to change a radio station or to collect a CD from the passenger side floor.

This road has a right curve AND crest in one spot. The father saw the danger (he could see a tall truck top looming over) and tooted the horn and said his son looked up, but it was too late. An 80km/h zone. Killed instantly.

NOW tonight, out the front of this place (my brothers), a 50km/h zone, semi rural dead straight length of road, from the back of the house I hear a skid and an eventual impact.

Run out of the house to the front and see down an embankment into the scrub - a young woman in her twenties, her car had ended up facing back from where she had come, she was trying desperately, in shock and panic to 'drive out'.

Not on say I, its too boggy and your bonnet is crumpled and the radiator is leaking coolant.

Anyhow to cut the story short, she explained she was changing radio from 106.9 Newcastle to another station because they were playing 'crap'.

So, she's gone from her side of the road, cross this standard two lane road, down that embankment into the wet scrub and mud facing back from where she came.

She is DEAD LUCKY as further on, about 7 metres is a nice large power pole. Had she hit this I'd be be medically attending her or she would have died.

So, as is many a case, DISTRACTION and Inattention is proven yet again to be a major factor in crashes.

Women - remember to insist on steering wheel radio/CD controls!

This bird asks to - not call police, she is in for a shock, its dark, shame about the uniform nearby, she hasn't realised:-)

A few weeks ago I had another crash nearby on this same street, a van driven by a bloke allegedly DUI left a 16m on the left, and a 24m on the right set of skid marks but was unable to stop hitting a kid on a bike, yet another kid not wearing a helmet. Speed related as you can see, and alcohol relateed too.

Broke one of his legs amongst other injuries and so we flew him out via Westpac Rescue!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 08-03-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #38
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Many years ago near an older address of mine, there was a crash, a young bloke, 23, driving a VH commodore wagon had a head-on crash with an oncoming truck, the blokes dad was driving behind him.

What caused the crash was 'distraction', the father reported seeing the son leaning down-to-the-left, as though to change a radio station or to collect a CD from the passenger side floor.

This road has a right curve AND crest in one spot. The father saw the danger (he could see a tall truck top looming over) and tooted the horn and said his son looked up, but it was too late. An 80km/h zone. Killed instantly.

NOW tonight, out the front of this place (my brothers), a 50km/h zone, semi rural dead straight length of road, from the back of the house I hear a skid and an eventual impact.

Run out of the house to the front and see down an embankment into the scrub - a young woman in her twenties, her car had ended up facing back from where she had come, she was trying desperately, in shock and panic to 'drive out'.

Not on say I, its too boggy and your bonnet is crumpled and the radiator is leaking coolant.

Anyhow to cut the story short, she explained she was changing radio from 106.9 Newcastle to another station because they were playing 'crap'.

So, she's gone from her side of the road, cross this standard two lane road, down that embankment into the wet scrub and mud facing back from where she came.

She is DEAD LUCKY as futher on about 7 metres is a nice large power pole. Had she hit this I'd be be medically attending her or she would have died.

So, as is many a case, DISTRACTION and Inattention is proven yet again to be a major factor in crashes.

Women - remember to insist on steering wheel radio/CD controls!

This bird asks to - not call police, she is in for a shock, its dark, shame about the uniform nearby, she hasn't realised:-)

A few weeks ago I had another crash nearby, a van driven by a bloke allegedly DUI left a 16m on the left, and a 24m on the right set of skid marks but was unable to stop hitting a kid on a bike, yet another kid not wearing a helmet. Speed related as you can see, and alcohol relateed too.

Broke one of his legs amongst other injuries and so we flew him out via Westpac Rescue!
I trust that the proper safety procedures, most importantly highly visible safety triangles, were applied to the situation so as to make the scenes less of a hazard to fellow road users? :

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #39
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Not to add fuel onto the fire, but RAPID XR8 is right about the bloody women drivers comment.

I work at a Panel Beaters shop here in Townsville and over 70% of cars that come in to be repaired are owned by female drivers (and were driving the vehicle at the time of the accident) which prove that men take better care when driving. (or have somewhat better luck)
Old 08-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #40
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
I trust that the proper safety procedures, most importantly highly visible safety triangles, were applied to the situation so as to make the scenes less of a hazard to fellow road users? :

Her car is deep in the bush and I'm not using my brothers troop carrier to pull her out. I love German speed, BUT HATE it in 50km/h zones.

But, IF the job is done later, then yes, they will be used. At the moment its dark, and I reckon this gal's going to have to leave her blue charade in that spot.

Kept telling me 'her boyfriend is a truckie and will slit her throat', he's really nasty blah blah blah'.

Sound familiar???

I take your humour btw.

GTS - Insurance companies take note. I'd like to see a 'per capita rate of crash claims, based on license issue per sex'.

Last edited by Keepleft; 08-03-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #41
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Did you slap that ИИИИИ down in an angry fit of rage??
Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #42
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, 'bloody women drivers' totally agree..... they go hand in had with 'stoopid' commodore drivers, volvo drivers and council workers..... :hihi:

(by the way i am only joking, just keeping my reputation of being a trouble maker in tact )
Old 08-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #43
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Apparently the current statistics show that women have more accidents in reverse. Something about cars not being designed for people of shorter stature, and not being able to see out of the rear window...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 08-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #44
HLC
Audi S3

WIOAMHBFI!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #45
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Apparently the current statistics show that women have more accidents in reverse. Something about cars not being designed for people of shorter stature, and not being able to see out of the rear window...
Hahaha. That is hilarious.

But yer I agree, women drivers.... :

Young chicks in hatches with a block of lead for a right foot are far far worse than young bogans in VL/VNs...

Oh and what is with 'larger' ladies and having frickin 'little angel' or playgirl stickers or "bad ИИИИИ" on their bloody cars???
Old 08-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #46
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

Young chicks in hatches with a block of lead for a right foot are far far worse than young bogans in VL/VNs...

Oh and what is with 'larger' ladies and having frickin 'little angel' or playgirl stickers or "bad ИИИИИ" on their bloody cars???

OMG hahahaha thats so funny cause its true.
See it all the time. :
Old 08-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #47
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

thats a wright off for sour, your going to need a new BF XR6 Turbo
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 08-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #48
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

yeah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

although this hotty at work has "missiИИИИИi" on the back of her 5hitbox mirage with a cannon muffler that i can fit my head in.. but she is a slow driver :| which is crazy for someone like her.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #49
EL_Alley_Cat
Me-ow

OI! Just coz this is a car forum doesn't mean their aren't any titwearers lurking about!! Although I do agree some chicks shouldn't be on the road I don't know how many times my beast has nearly had a run in with these dumb little blondes in their excels and barinas because they are too busy doing their makeup and talking on the phone, its either them or really old people who are the biggest culprits I swear they're all out to get me!!

Bad luck dude, I feel your pain, just be thankful she hit you and you didn't hit her! milk her insurance for all its worth!!! lol try and take comfort in the fact that not all, a lot, but not all women drivers are complete dead s h i t s and some of us drive a REAL car!!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #50
Scott

B*tch
Old 08-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #51
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Sorry to hear that this has happen. But aleast you were able to walk away.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #52
chief
FTF Club Moderator

As for the statistics. Woman have more crashes then men at low speeds. Men have more crashes than woman at high speed. So we are equally as bad as each other.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 08-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #53
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
This is interesting as a lot of the spoilers that I fit for women are for that reason, just to make the boot that little bit higher so they can see it, Most of the guys just want them because they look good
Old 09-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #54
EL_Alley_Cat
Me-ow

The average height of women is like 5'4" or something. I'm about 7" above the average so I cant use that excuse lol my mum is tiny Im suprised she can see as good as she can out her skyline, been a few close calls though... but not because she's iddybiddy :S
Old 09-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #55
nobbystang

gotta agree that both sexes have bad drivers, just more fun talking about the opposite sex and bagging them, guess just human nature

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #56
XR8 queen
Starter Motor

OUCH...i really REALLY feel for ya, mate...
I had a *coughwomancough* in a magna run up the back of my XR8 in Nov last year. I was SHATTERED. I was actually hoping that it woulda been written off but it wasnt that badly damaged and came back lookin good.

Made me feel a bit better when the cop turned up here again only a few weeks ago (like FOUR months after) to get a formal statement as she was gonna be charged for careless driving HEHE :

Hope all works out the way ya want it to and GOOD LUCK!!! People like that should NOT be on the road with us... out:
Old 09-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #57
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Do you guys need crates to sit on top of the seats with? :P (j/k)

I wouldn't disagree with this at all. The amount of times I've seen woman reversing out of parking spots and almost hitting something is incredible.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #58
EL_Alley_Cat
Me-ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Do you guys need crates to sit on top of the seats with? :P (j/k)

I wouldn't disagree with this at all. The amount of times I've seen woman reversing out of parking spots and almost hitting something is incredible.
We arent all midgets :-P Im 6ft tall I can see fine I dont know any girls taller than me though so maybe all cars should come standard with a few phonebooks and a cushion or two? lol
Old 09-03-2006, 12:01 PM   #59
alesia
Banned

damn that sucks,

But either way you look at it there are both female and male drivers that should not be on the road....

Im sorry to say that i think that it will probly be a write off , most insurance companies say 3 panel damage on a car is classified a write off.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #60
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Compare your insurance policys - Male V's Female driver, 9 times out of 10 the Female driver will be cheaper because it is a fact that women have less at fault accidents than males. Lets stick to facts rather than egos please.
Closed Thread