Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #31
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Muscle cars: the grunt comes from the engine. Ricers: Not the 20inch ИИИИin exhaust.
Old 22-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #32
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Jeez Rollin sure got you hot under the collar!
He sure did, and his continual mouthing off will make it worse, and the end result does often offend!
Crikey, I dont think even I was that stupid and naieve when I was his age.
Old 22-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #33
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol thats all quite true actually.

God I hate ricers, not really the cars but the tools that drive them.

Had some tosser in a stock Hyundai Accent try and give our worked VL V8 Calais a run the day we got it.

There are some very tastefull Japanese cars I would love to have but what I hate is the morons who think their stock Pulsar with spinners, 5 inch exhaust and 10 gauges can beat worked V8s.
Old 22-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #34
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's just as funny as some people with V8s reckon they can flog everything. I see many V8 owners get their ИИИИ handed to them by imports. Just remember there are cars which are blinged up to hell but are still fast.
Old 22-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
lol thats all quite true actually.

God I hate ricers, not really the cars but the tools that drive them.

Had some tosser in a stock Hyundai Accent try and give our worked VL V8 Calais a run the day we got it.

There are some very tastefull Japanese cars I would love to have but what I hate is the morons who think their stock Pulsar with spinners, 5 inch exhaust and 10 gauges can beat worked V8s.
Ah but ricers nearly always win the "longest distance travelled on a litre of petrol" competition.......
Old 22-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #36
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
It's just as funny as some people with V8s reckon they can flog everything. I see many V8 owners get their ИИИИ handed to them by imports. Just remember there are cars which are blinged up to hell but are still fast.
True I suppose, ive never seen anything thats attempted to drag a V8 actually win though.

Its also just as funny as the ricers at Boostcruising who prance around saying "OMG I can smoke stock N/A Auto VLs in my ***Insert 4 Cylinder here***" last time I checked stock Auto N/A VLs are slow at 17 seconds down the quarter, yet these idiots carry on like they just won the NHRA Championship.

Then they are quick to say "Yeah but the guy in the VL (Or any other domestic) was the one who wanted to drag" too me I dont care which person wanted to drag first, if you accept the drag, you're as much of a moron as the other guy.

However the same principles can easily be applied for domestic drivers aswell, just to show im trying not to be biased.

I cant stand people who make up excuses for themselves just to make themselves out to be that they are in the right, Bogan or Ricer.
Old 22-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #37
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I cant stand people who make up excuses for themselves just to make themselves out to be that they are in the right, Bogan or Ricer.
:

But I'm proud to be a bogan!
Old 22-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #38
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yes, but the kind of people that V8 and in general domestic car fans tend to hate are not the people who own a powerful GT-R and actually race it etc.

They're people like this guy I know (he went to school with a good friend of mine) with an n/a MkIV Supra. 2JZ-GE, 3.0litre, something like 150kW. It's got a 5" exhaust tip and 19" chrome wheels. It's stock everywhere else.

And he was giving my mate a hard time for liking Fords. Saying that his car will smash any Ford, that it's extremley fast etc. Then he gets hosed by a V6 VS Commodore and makes up lame excuses for losing. Or when my mate offered to race him using his dad's EL Futura, the guy refused. Those are the kind of people I hate anyway.

And I do like Skyline's. And some other Jap cars (Evo's, the older AW11 MR2's, S13 through S15 Silvia's, the new 3.0R Liberty). The car that got me started on fast cars and being a car fan in general was a 1993 R33 GTS25t with 265rwkW that did low 11's.... not a hint of rice on that thing though.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 22-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #39
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
He sure did, and his continual mouthing off will make it worse, and the end result does often offend!
Crikey, I dont think even I was that stupid and naieve when I was his age.
dont know why you are so upset...i never bagged you or adxr8 or Bish at all, just stated that i preferred turbos to V8s, its got me stuffed why you are so fired up.

if its about a certain ED XR6 whose parts are under dispute, as i said in PM, ADXR8 should take it up with John, i have a recipt stating what i paid and what i paid for.

oh, i will take one dig, at bish -

whats the difference between putting an EVO bodykit on a stock lancer, and perhaps....oh i dunno, painting up an XY fairmont to look like a GT?

though one car may actually have street cred and the other be a FWD POS, the motive is the same. it would have been just as easy to build a 400hp cleveland and paint the car in a colour of your choice...
Old 23-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #40
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
dont know why you are so upset...i never bagged you or adxr8 or Bish at all, just stated that i preferred turbos to V8s, its got me stuffed why you are so fired up.

if its about a certain ED XR6 whose parts are under dispute, as i said in PM, ADXR8 should take it up with John, i have a recipt stating what i paid and what i paid for.

oh, i will take one dig, at bish -

whats the difference between putting an EVO bodykit on a stock lancer, and perhaps....oh i dunno, painting up an XY fairmont to look like a GT?

though one car may actually have street cred and the other be a FWD POS, the motive is the same. it would have been just as easy to build a 400hp cleveland and paint the car in a colour of your choice...

I think Bish bought his car painted like that....so whats your point.
My point was that you put a WRX front bar on, and cut out all of the structural bracketry for crash safety so the intercooler would fit, and the bar would fit.
I guess that makes your car ILLEGAL and UNROADWORTHY.
Not only that, a battery mounted under the floor.....WTF???

You have all the details on cardomain, and a link in your sig. Do you realise what driving an unengineered, unroadworthy, and illegal car can do for you.
Another accident, and it could mean you will become VERY accustomed to picking up soap in a large shower block.
And I thought being a coppers son, you would have more sense.

And on the XR6, it was all done through BigTim, and it will be sorted.

So my point is, ricers do it for looks, hotrodders do it for the power.

Last edited by 347Stroker; 23-03-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 23-03-2006, 02:43 AM   #41
Rollin
Banned

i didnt cut any bracketry at all, just removed the battery tray and cut 2x3" holes for the intercooler piping. the WRX bar passes 1996 pedestrian impact testing requirements, how is it illegal?

whats wrong with a battery mounted under the floor?

car will be engineered soon enough, its all just time and money, and i have precious little of both.

and the WRX bar wasnt done for looks - it was done in an attempt to increase the heat exchanging capacity of the cooling system - the car used to heat up when lapping morgan park and QLD raceway, the WRX bar has bigger openings for radiator airflow and front brake cooling, both of which are obviously important when going fast.

likewise the bonnet vents - placed as far out and as far back as possible without cutting any structural braces, to encourage airflow through the radiator, over the engine and out the vent...

if i cared so terribly about how it looked, dont you think i would have had the bar painted by now?
Old 23-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #42
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
i didnt cut any bracketry at all, just removed the battery tray and cut 2x3" holes for the intercooler piping. the WRX bar passes 1996 pedestrian impact testing requirements, how is it illegal?

whats wrong with a battery mounted under the floor?

car will be engineered soon enough, its all just time and money, and i have precious little of both.

and the WRX bar wasnt done for looks - it was done in an attempt to increase the heat exchanging capacity of the cooling system - the car used to heat up when lapping morgan park and QLD raceway, the WRX bar has bigger openings for radiator airflow and front brake cooling, both of which are obviously important when going fast.

likewise the bonnet vents - placed as far out and as far back as possible without cutting any structural braces, to encourage airflow through the radiator, over the engine and out the vent...

if i cared so terribly about how it looked, dont you think i would have had the bar painted by now?

Still ILLEGAL, and UNROADWORTHY.
ITS UN-ENGINEERED.

What bumper brackets does it have?
Are they crash tested, or engineered?
What reo is it running across the front?
Cardomain shows none.....

And battery under the floor, if you have to ask that, you really know nothing. Ask an accredited engineer tomorrow.....

There are specific rules and guidelines on modding cars, and you have followed none, and done what you want.
Its acts like that that give the whole car modding game a BAD name.

The car is illegal to drive, and only a goose would be driving it on the road.

Why do half a job, only to have any copper that pulls you take it off the road for POV?

Last edited by 347Stroker; 23-03-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 23-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #43
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Ricer goes zim zim
Hotrod Goes VROOM VROOM, Oh My god my can feel that in my freaking heart
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Old 23-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #44
Rollin
Banned

at least im under .05 when i drive...
Old 23-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #45
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
at least im under .05 when i drive...
Insults and personal attacks are the lowest (and least intelligent) form of arguement. If you can't make a valid point or a reasonable comment, then keep it to yourself. Otherwise people will ignore everything you have to say, and not just the childish and idiotic comments such as this.

Grow up and stay talking with the adults, or go play with the rest of the children.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Old 23-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #46
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I have no idea where, why or how this all started but its finished in this thread.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread