Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #31
zetec
Zoom Zoom

HEy just to clarify because I haven't actually read a straight or correct answer in this thread yet about the paint colours...

Blueprint is a non metallic, similar to the blue at the bottom of your screen if you have windows XP!!

Jean Blue is a prestige metallic paint, similar in fact to the dark blue at the top of each post here on the forums!! Probably closest to purple in spirit, but not a bright colour.

Performance Blue is a gorgeous colour, but strictly only available on XR5 Turbo.

Electric Orange is a more expensive option due to the fact that it is a 3-pack pearlescent paint, it actually travels through the paint-shop in Germany to get primed, treated and painted, then gets taken back again to get painted again for the second coat of pearlescent paint. Not only is it very expensive paint, but the double painting process is more labour intensive and not only costs more to do, but allows less cars to be painted normally from my understanding. All in all, it has to be seen ot be believed, it is truly a stunning colour, although not everyone's cup of tea. I'd definitely get it if I chose to buy an XR5.

Other than that, the Titanium grey is a very popular and classy colour that is a good trade-off between black and grey, it is a prestige metallic and is similar to Ego on the BF Falcon and SY Territory, although a smidge lighter.

European cars don't have the broad range of bright colours we get, Europeans don't seem to be that keen on bright colours, having lived there for a year I can confirm they're not really all that fussed about colours at all, most of them have silver and grey cars, hence why there are so many silver and greay European cars around, it's just a popular and practical colour. Australia and the US tend to have brighter palettes on their own local cars, but even that is often a reference to the bright colours of the 70's etc.

Hope this helps constructively in your decision, if you have any more questions, just yell!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #32
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

[QUOTE=raymon81]Offer to the world haha ok...yehhh your right its highly confidential imformation letting the WORLD know how much discount a ford employee gets. Do you really think i was serious about this comment... [quote] As long as your happy to keep it under my name for 6months then yeh for sureee
Quote:
hahaha ohhh Mr zetec, we are going to get along just fine
And if you knew your Ford history, you'd know there was a huge stink a few years back with certain employees doing just that ..and employee benefits were changed because of it....so it's not that fanciful, and not that amusing
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #33
raymon81

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
HEy just to clarify because I haven't actually read a straight or correct answer in this thread yet about the paint colours...

Blueprint is a non metallic, similar to the blue at the bottom of your screen if you have windows XP!!

Jean Blue is a prestige metallic paint, similar in fact to the dark blue at the top of each post here on the forums!! Probably closest to purple in spirit, but not a bright colour.

Performance Blue is a gorgeous colour, but strictly only available on XR5 Turbo.

Electric Orange is a more expensive option due to the fact that it is a 3-pack pearlescent paint, it actually travels through the paint-shop in Germany to get primed, treated and painted, then gets taken back again to get painted again for the second coat of pearlescent paint. Not only is it very expensive paint, but the double painting process is more labour intensive and not only costs more to do, but allows less cars to be painted normally from my understanding. All in all, it has to be seen ot be believed, it is truly a stunning colour, although not everyone's cup of tea. I'd definitely get it if I chose to buy an XR5.

Other than that, the Titanium grey is a very popular and classy colour that is a good trade-off between black and grey, it is a prestige metallic and is similar to Ego on the BF Falcon and SY Territory, although a smidge lighter.

European cars don't have the broad range of bright colours we get, Europeans don't seem to be that keen on bright colours, having lived there for a year I can confirm they're not really all that fussed about colours at all, most of them have silver and grey cars, hence why there are so many silver and greay European cars around, it's just a popular and practical colour. Australia and the US tend to have brighter palettes on their own local cars, but even that is often a reference to the bright colours of the 70's etc.

Hope this helps constructively in your decision, if you have any more questions, just yell!
Thanx for that post zetec, everything u said there is spot on. If i bought a XR5, blue and orange would have been my 2 favourite choices.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #34
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Likewise! Nice taste in colours, although the Sea Grey was also on my shortlist.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #35
raymon81

Quote:
Likewise! Nice taste in colours, although the Sea Grey was also on my shortlist.
Havnt seen the sea grey in the flesh yet. Well your a week older then me zetec and we do share the same star sign so we would have similar thoughts and opinions hehe.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #36
Boss 290

Quote:

thanks mate you raised some good points and i didnt think i would be able to get a colour only available on the xr5 on a focus but ill see what happens with price range. i cant see him going over 22 grand. i'll keep you posted on what he decides, only 5 days to go. cheers
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #37
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
And if you knew your Ford history, you'd know there was a huge stink a few years back with certain employees doing just that ..and employee benefits were changed because of it....so it's not that fanciful, and not that amusing
melbzetec, you sound like an intelligent guy if u know your ford stuff, you would know that only CLOSE family members can get the ford employee pricing, not ppl i talk to on the net. so going back to that comment i made, its called SARCASM mate. maybe i forgot to type "joke" at the end of it or "hehe :P" but ill remember it next time just for you.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #38
FRA
Mr Focus

LOL
Let's all play Ford history trivia.
So in what year....hahaha.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #39
macaddy
Starter Motor

the RS200 is the winner! :P

2006 ARC: Coates Rally QLD
2007 ARC: Coates Rally QLD...again
macaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #40
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
thanks mate you raised some good points and i didnt think i would be able to get a colour only available on the xr5 on a focus but ill see what happens with price range. i cant see him going over 22 grand. i'll keep you posted on what he decides, only 5 days to go. cheers
Currently Focus CL manual hatch or sedan are available for $20,990 Drive Away. That's effectively all on roads costs including rego, Dealer Delivery, Stamp Duty etc all included for no extra charge.

Sequential Sports Shift 4-speed Automatic is a $2,000 option

Safety Pack - with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Side airbags (front only) is a $1,290 option

And if that's not smooth enough try adding 15" alloy wheels, cruise control, leather wrapped steering wheel and power adjustable body colour external mirrors. All part of the optional Smooth Pack for only $1,190.

http://www.ford.com.au/landing/melt/

So depending on your choice of transmission, a manual could be driving away at $22,000 with one of the option packs included, or you could drive an auto away for just under $23,000. Considering it was Australia Best Small/Medium Car in 2006, I would say that's a pretty darn good deal!

Don't forget to add prestige paint, $310 extra depending on your choice.

All up, anything for free is a bonus, but free onroads is pretty sweet. You could always see what else the Dealer might be able to offer on top of that.

Good luck! Love to see another Focus on the road, we all know everyone deserves nothing but the best!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #41
Boss 290

Quote:
Currently Focus CL manual hatch or sedan are available for $20,990 Drive Away. That's effectively all on roads costs including rego, Dealer Delivery, Stamp Duty etc all included for no extra charge.

Safety Pack - with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Side airbags (front only) is a $1,290 option

And if that's not smooth enough try adding 15" alloy wheels, cruise control, leather wrapped steering wheel and power adjustable body colour external mirrors. All part of the optional Smooth Pack for only $1,190.

So depending on your choice of transmission, a manual could be driving away at $22,000 with one of the option packs included, or you could drive an auto away for just under $23,000. Considering it was Australia Best Small/Medium Car in 2006, I would say that's a pretty darn good deal!

All up, anything for free is a bonus, but free onroads is pretty sweet. You could always see what else the Dealer might be able to offer on top of that.

Good luck! Love to see another Focus on the road, we all know everyone deserves nothing but the best!

its for my uncle. he is retired and he doesnt have the money to splurge but for his priceline he refuses to look at anything apart from the focus. i think he wont spend more then 22 grand but he wants an auto so he would have to do some real good barganing.....do you think it is possible if he payed by cash?
i think when it comes down to it he may go the extra cash because the focus is an awsome little car
Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:

thats a true salesman talking for you lol. hehehehee

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #43
Boss 290

the focus has been bought and there was alot of hangling the price down and he ended up with a great deal....$22,500. thats a automatic dawn blue cl with the smooth pack. the smooth pack includes alloy wheels, electronic side mirrors, leather wrapped steering wheel and cruise control. he was so happy and he expects it by wednesday.
I had no idea that it would be getting so high and it was great the deal we got. there is no question about it the focus is seriously smooth and it feels pretty torquey too
Old 14-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #44
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
the focus has been bought and there was alot of hangling the price down and he ended up with a great deal....$22,500. thats a automatic dawn blue cl with the smooth pack. the smooth pack includes alloy wheels, electronic side mirrors, leather wrapped steering wheel and cruise control. he was so happy and he expects it by wednesday.
I had no idea that it would be getting so high and it was great the deal we got. there is no question about it the focus is seriously smooth and it feels pretty torquey too
Excellent! $1500 for an automatic and smooth pack is a good price. All the best to your uncle
Old 15-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #45
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon81
Excellent! $1500 for an automatic and smooth pack is a good price. All the best to your uncle
thansk mate he loves it...yeh we went on the website and i remember he got 2 grand off
Old 15-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #46
zetec
Zoom Zoom

SENSATIONAL!! You never know what further room there is to move in the deal so it's always worth asking for the best deal you can get. That sounds like fantastic value and I'm over the moon that we could help in any way!!! Hope you enjoy many happy years of motoring, you certainly made the right choice.

Focus has 185Nm torque, Astra 165Nm, Corolla 171Nm, Tiida 174Nm, Mazda3 181Nm... It takes the 2.3 litre SP23 to pump out 203Nm to really show it to the Focus. So your observations are very correct. Those Duratec engines pull like a steam train, run so smoothly and have a seriously long service life, they're a beautiful engine.
Old 16-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #47
Boss 290

Quote:
SENSATIONAL!! You never know what further room there is to move in the deal so it's always worth asking for the best deal you can get. That sounds like fantastic value and I'm over the moon that we could help in any way!!! Hope you enjoy many happy years of motoring, you certainly made the right choice.

Focus has 185Nm torque, Astra 165Nm, Corolla 171Nm, Tiida 174Nm, Mazda3 181Nm... It takes the 2.3 litre SP23 to pump out 203Nm to really show it to the Focus. So your observations are very correct. Those Duratec engines pull like a steam train, run so smoothly and have a seriously long service life, they're a beautiful engine.
not to mention the sp3 is much more expensive...yes thank you my uncle is over the moon and i might sneek a drive in if he ever hands over the key...thanks for your help everyone and i was glad he got the focus they are a great car