Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The big thing with these cars is the fact that they are very close to each other nowadays, back in the early 90's Holden had the refinement and brand image they wanted, build quality wasnt one of their strong points (read VN) but every second man and his dog wanted one.

As for now the cars are very close on alot of points, design cues, refinement, build quality (or lack of in some cases). How either one can be leeps and bounds ahead of the other is beyond me, they are designed using many of the same testing programs and techniques, both companies are forever stealing ideas off the other to try and boost their sales.

The VE will be a very nice car, whether its better then the BF is something that i guess a few of us will never know as we will probarly never drive one, but at the end of the day it can't be much better then the Falcon, theres no new exciting technology from what Ive read. Would I buy one? Probarly, I am so over buying the one brand that someday I will have to actualy try one for size, im sure theres things ill hate about it but at the sametime things that it will probarly do better then the Falcon.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A video I spotted on DRIVE http://media.drive.com.au/?source=in...ash=0&t=33L4T5
that talks about dash electronics in the VE and how they tested it. It was interesting that the display includes a help file.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Interesting to read the new VE is RWD with a 50:50 weight distribution...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Interesting to read the new VE is RWD with a 50:50 weight distribution...
In a couple of pics i have seen it looks like it's close to it, Mostly other models were very low riding in the rear when going hard or down front when going into corners this seems more centred.
Old 28-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
In a couple of pics i have seen it looks like it's close to it, Mostly other models were very low riding in the rear when going hard or down front when going into corners this seems more centred.
You can tell by looking at pictures of the car its got 50:50 weight distribution? :

Old 28-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I never said it was 50:50 from pictures, I Said it looked close to it :