The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #7201
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
I so wanted paddle shifts.
Anyone got more info on this updated turbo/V8 trans ?
Buy a manual. Solves that problem.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #7202
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
my FG suffered more warranty concerns in the first 3000KM from new than any other car i've ever had from new (5). It's a great car but the build quality issues i've had with it scare me off the next model when they're playing with a razor thin budget.
good cars, no money to make them great.
It's hard to imagine the same teething problems with FH/ F K /FN/FZ as it has to share the majority of components and systems with the tried and tested FG platform, which is an ironic twist to having a limited budget.

It could be an advantage, warranty-wise,with the car obviously heavily based around FG with a tiny percentage of electrical/mechanical differences. Anyone heard different?

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ

Last edited by Bonn; 07-08-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Wording Too Airy Fairy
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #7203
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I think its a good look but reserve judgement till I've seen it in the metal BUT how much new technology has it got...and before you all say it doesn't need new technology just look how well the VF is selling !
Last month sold 2500 units, really big numbers Rodge. Wonder why they closing up as well

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #7204
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it keeps swearwording 'EFF KAY" which could be it's name FFFF KKKKK
try; F K F A L C O N

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ

Last edited by Bonn; 07-08-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: That Worked!
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #7205
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vxc View Post
please no more Holden talk, you could go to the holden forums if that what interests you
But all the Holden forums are dead
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #7206
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Because even at those sales levels it isn't enough I maintain manufacturing without the subsidies or tariffs of old. And think the combined sales of the C and Falcon equal what? A very much smaller market....

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #7207
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
It's hard to imagine the same teething problems with FH/ F K /FN/FZ as it has to share the majority of components and systems with the tried and tested FG platform, which is an ironic twist to having a limited budget.

It could be an advantage, warranty-wise,with the car obviously heavily based around FG with a tiny percentage of electrical/mechanical differences. Anyone heard different?
Except I think professors fg is a fg2, so really there's no excuse, teething issues should have been sorted years earlier.

That's the trouble when car companies keep trying to trim costs to try and stay viable, eventually there's no fat left to trim and it's other areas that suffer.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #7208
furiousgibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
my FG suffered more warranty concerns in the first 3000KM from new than any other car i've ever had from new (5). It's a great car but the build quality issues i've had with it scare me off the next model when they're playing with a razor thin budget.

To be honest I think you got a bit of a dud, cause your experience can't be the norm. Maybe I got a good one, but I've done 12,000km now in mine and there isn't a single rattle or clunk, or any other issue for that matter. The ICC can get a little flakey at times, mostly with my old iPods, but otherwise the car is perfect (touching wooooood).

I wouldn't hesitate buying another Falcon, but I probably won't, cause mine is a keeper and my wife will only drive 'chic' euro cars!
furiousgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #7209
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Except I think professors fg is a fg2, so really there's no excuse, teething issues should have been sorted years earlier.

That's the trouble when car companies keep trying to trim costs to try and stay viable, eventually there's no fat left to trim and it's other areas that suffer.
His car is a lemon, I've had a few before myself. But in all seriousness my last Territory and my GT were good cars, the only thing that really let them down we're diff bushes. My new ute should be perfect as it's got a live rear axel. Done 500 Km's and no dramas, just can't get over how nice it is to drive and all the positive comments on how it looks.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #7210
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgibbon View Post
To be honest I think you got a bit of a dud, cause your experience can't be the norm. Maybe I got a good one, but I've done 12,000km now in mine and there isn't a single rattle or clunk, or any other issue for that matter. The ICC can get a little flakey at times, mostly with my old iPods, but otherwise the car is perfect (touching wooooood).

I wouldn't hesitate buying another Falcon, but I probably won't, cause mine is a keeper and my wife will only drive 'chic' euro cars!
Maybe you don't notice things like I do. I'm very pedantic and hear things the wife can't. Mine is not a dud. It had no friction modifier put in the LSD from new. This caused bad clunking from cone chatter. I know of several other 2013 models that had the same oversight. This is not the cars fault. It had a big mark on the rocker from lack of care when installing. Several other turbos I know of have the same issue. The steering rack was faulty from the factory. Again, I've heard of several FG's with that problem. It's only a mild whine so a lot of people may not notice it. The sway bar link pin was loose and caused more clunking. This in my thinking was due to lack of care when reassembling after changing the steering rack. It wasn't torqued properly. These are the issues I've had, none of which point to the car being a lemon, they point to oversight on assembly and repair, and one crap steering rack from a bad batch.

I've bought three new falcons, two of them had issues within 5000km, that doesn't make them lemons, it makes them lacking care or precision in assembly.

I had one that was virtually faultless too. Just because yours is good so far doesn't mean you won't encounter issues. Most new cars will have issues small or large.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #7211
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

To be honest, with the automation and computerised design and manufacture of tooling, "lemons" are defunct, as there is very little reason as to why one car would be any worse built then the one directly before it...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #7212
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

The point is I like the simplicity and cheapness of the older models, not sure I want to dump a whole bunch of cash again on something being made with such a lack of funding. I still love falcon, always will, but I might go back to the second hand market. Just my opinion.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #7213
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why can't we have a Manual with Paddle Shifters just to confuse people.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #7214
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Has anyone considered that Ford Australia knows no matter what they do even with the worlds greatest marketing campaign they cannot build and sell 5000 Falcons a month to Australians only and cannot export more overseas when anyone overseas does it cheaper. The top selling vehicle in Australia doesn't get 5000 sales or even 4000 per month regularly and what does sell the most isn't a large family sedan. They have faced reality a long time ago, they haven't sabotaged anything, maybe we should finally accept it, heck my first car as a passenger was when I was 4 days old and came home from hospital in a Falcon back in 1965 so I love the model to death but sadly that is how it's going to end. Hell, we need some new Falcon shots quickly.
Well said.

The Falcon may have been a great car, but its time has come. With the Australian public turning away from large sedans, Ford simply aren't selling enough Falcons to make production worthwhile, especially when ever increasing costs are taken into account.

It makes no financial sense to continue pouring money into producing a car that's unique to one of the smallest markets for Ford, especially so when the buyers in that market have turned away from it.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #7215
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth

There seems to be a bit of luck going on with FGs. My XR6T had a fair few warranty claims over 3 years of ownership- diff bushes (every service), failed turbocharger, broken diff cradle, split joiner at throttle body (boost leak), failed tail shaft, failed rear left driveshaft, failed diff, perished front UCA bushes, faulty steering rack, alarm box fell off (lol), condensation seal, broken HIM lever cam, faulty instrument cluster, broken seat base, faulty BEM, sump oil leak, warping brake rotors (constant), faulty window switch, warped glovebox, seat belt retractor failure, noisy fuel pump, rattling door trims (bad plastic welds), faulty belt tensioner, failed power steering pump, faulty external temperature sensor, faulty AIM, iPod connector disintegrated, faulty rear sonar, rattling front wheel arch linings, faulty horn. A lot of the time I just repaired it myself, the apprentices sometimes created more problems than they fixed. Or I'd leave the car at Ford all day only to return and have them say "could not replicate fault".

The XR6 NA which still remains has been the complete opposite on the reliability front, virtually nothing to report in 50,000km. However the XR6 before that was a bit of a dud (I put it down to being an earlier build in the FG run). Last year I said I was more than likely done with Falcons, but I'll probably give the final model a shot.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 01:38 AM   #7216
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

holy bat balls that's a lot of problems

yeah it is pretty annoying for a performance car but like you said there's luck involved. On the upside, i haven't had any issues since 5200KM which was 7000KM (6 months) ago. That said, the glovebox is warped, the dif is noisy and will need changing at some stage, and it has dash rattles. Other than that it's still a beautiful car to drive.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #7217
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

If they weren't so beautiful to drive I probably would have gone insane.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #7218
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is why Australia needs USA lemon laws..
Old 08-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #7219
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
This is why Australia needs USA lemon laws..
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #7220
Tock

More pictures and details please, two pages of mostly wasted breath for semantics and circular arguments. How there can't be mutual man-love for both Aussie produced cars is beyond me. They are a testament to Aussie engineering and design, even with their... foibles (nice way of saying it!) Enjoy them while they last and cross your fingers for a half-decent Falcon interior update and a bit of tech to keep it current.

I shall miss them both, and I am hoping the XR8 is everything it should be - I need a new car in 2016 and I want it to be Australian.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #7221
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tock View Post
More pictures and details please, two pages of mostly wasted breath for semantics and circular arguments. How there can't be mutual man-love for both Aussie produced cars is beyond me. They are a testament to Aussie engineering and design, even with their... foibles (nice way of saying it!) Enjoy them while they last and cross your fingers for a half-decent Falcon interior update and a bit of tech to keep it current.

I shall miss them both, and I am hoping the XR8 is everything it should be - I need a new car in 2016 and I want it to be Australian.
Couldn't have said it better myself
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #7222
Sioso
irregular member

Latest Wheels magazine

Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #7223
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's nice!
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #7224
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
That's nice!
No doubt about it. They have taken the droopiness away from the FG (I'm talking side and 3qtr views) rear end and turned it into a sleek fighter. IMO only, of course.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #7225
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Wallace View Post
Latest Wheels magazine

Any chance of a photo of the front cover
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #7226
boss engine
Banned

that looks really nice...Is there any chance you can get a clearer picture?? i.e. without the glare. CHeers
boss engine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #7227
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quad tips and spoiler make all the difference. I reckon they should put Falcon in the chrome strip. Only subtle but otherwise it is just plain.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #7228
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Quad tips and spoiler make all the difference. I reckon they should put Falcon in the chrome strip. Only subtle but otherwise it is just plain.
Ala au....
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #7229
boss engine
Banned

Each day I like the new Falcon more and more...that xr8 is the sex!
boss engine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #7230
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The XR8 is a bloody ripper. Goes hard.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: