Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2020, 10:49 PM   #7741
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Good to see that SA has gone hard and early based on the how not to do it Victoria template. No dithering, bowing to cultural diversity or minority concerns , just crush it.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #7742
burnz
VFII SS UTE

lock down in QLD bla bla,, but full stadium at the NRL origin 3, hypocrisy..

related but a different take.. https://www.bitchute.com/video/MirJ2dM7thrR/
Old 18-11-2020, 11:38 PM   #7743
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
The latest Murdoch media (Herald Sun) vs VIC government story doing the rounds is a photo of Brett Sutton (VIC CHO), at Bright, on a picnic rug, but get this... he is apparently breaking his own rules by not wearing a mask!!

FMD! Could these cockroaches for journalists get any worse?
Old mate just gave uncle Rupert another $10m of tax payers money for a purpose that news corp didn't end up using Must have bought some nice long range cameras with the little bonus.

Anyhow, I believe the rule is that if you are at a picnic, and eating and drinking, then masks are not required in that setting. I've seen public BBQ areas and parks littered with people having picnics without masks, police walking past, and no issues. Take a stroll down Alexander Pde near the botanical gardens one evening and you'll see what I mean.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 11:44 PM   #7744
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Most East-West transport usually pass through the top end of Vic between Renmark and Mildura.
Wow I see. According to googlemaps there is another route without going through Vic (assuming you don't start or end in Mildura), but its an extra 43km and approx 40m drive. Multiply that many times and I can see why they would want to keep the borders open.
Old 19-11-2020, 12:01 AM   #7745
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Wow I see. According to googlemaps there is another route without going through Vic (assuming you don't start or end in Mildura), but its an extra 43km and approx 40m drive.
Via Wentworth on the north side of the Murray? Pretty sure that there is about 100km of dirt road that way. I doubt many B doubles would be heading that way.

The other way (Adelaide to Sydney) is through Broken Hill but that is about 300km more.
Old 19-11-2020, 12:22 AM   #7746
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Most East-West transport usually pass through the top end of Vic between Renmark and Mildura.
Western Highway carries it fair share of trucks, depends on destination and what you are transporting.
Top end is food bowl transport and trucks traversing between SA & NSW
Old 19-11-2020, 12:26 AM   #7747
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Mark McGowan's presser this morning was a beauty!! Held back nothing. I'm trying to find the video but it doesn't seem to have been posted anywhere.

He said NSW strategy is to let the virus in then track and trace. WA strategy is to keep the virus out. MM believes WA strategy is much better than NSW strategy

Also smashed the federal MPs and opposition for their treatment of Dan.

Said he has faith the SA premier will follow medical and expert advice, rather than federal MPs

The decision to keep Vic open could be linked to national logistics. I'm hearing a lot of supplies, including food, pass through Victoria. For what reasons I don't know. That could be a reason why there is hesitation to close the borders.
I don't think the small numbers of people infected and the way SA is handling their outbreak warrants a border shutdown atm.
Every time someone has sneeze somewhere do you think the borders should be shut?

PS: Forgot to mention with our borders closed transport has been always been crossing on a regular basis.

Last edited by Itsme; 19-11-2020 at 12:47 AM.
Old 19-11-2020, 12:27 AM   #7748
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post

There's no lockdown in Qld...
Old 19-11-2020, 01:34 AM   #7749
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post

Lol there’s been no lockdown on qld for yonks...

It’s like “pandemic? Nah mate not here”. Just normal life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19-11-2020, 06:49 AM   #7750
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Only fair given the number of dirty vics we've had to deal with

Probably a Victorian that started this outbreak.
a suppose a bit late for you to retract but it comes from a UK traveler staying quarantine in the MIDDLE of the States capital city, and they infected a security guard, who took it home to their BIG family - it wasn't a Victorian, but certainly sounds like the Victorian situation

Why quarantine in the States largest city - is there no where else, like a military base they can take them too - like Woomera?
Old 19-11-2020, 07:41 AM   #7751
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
a suppose a bit late for you to retract but it comes from a UK traveler staying quarantine in the MIDDLE of the States capital city, and they infected a security guard, who took it home to their BIG family - it wasn't a Victorian, but certainly sounds like the Victorian situation

Why quarantine in the States largest city - is there no where else, like a military base they can take them too - like Woomera?
It was very much tongue in cheek Trev, but if you are going to correct the obvious attempt at humour at least get the facts right....

https://infogram.com/parafield-clust...h8n6m3wjgo0m4x

Also we have had infected people staying in the hotels for 7 months now with no issue up until a week ago.
Old 19-11-2020, 07:58 AM   #7752
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Lol there’s been no lockdown on qld for yonks...

It’s like “pandemic? Nah mate not here”. Just normal life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeap regional NSW has been business as usual, perks so far of not being in suburbia
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 08:11 AM   #7753
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
It was very much tongue in cheek Trev, but if you are going to correct the obvious attempt at humour at least get the facts right....

https://infogram.com/parafield-clust...h8n6m3wjgo0m4x

Also we have had infected people staying in the hotels for 7 months now with no issue up until a week ago.
60% correct is OK, isn't it?
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 09:01 AM   #7754
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Not sure about that but from what i'd heard the swabs are meant to be taken from way back in throat and nose and this is what i was expecting on Monday so i was surprised when the nasal swab barely went in.
What you have heard is correct. I have been tested twice, (a couple of months ago as a prior precaution with another medical problem) and both times it was not just a touch on the tongue and wipe around the nostrils.
Gag inducingly back of the throat, and eye wateringly up the nose. Not pleasant, but only lasts a couple of seconds, and you get over it. I have seen on TV people being tested and the swab being held at 90 degrees to their nasal passage, and then complaining on TV about how terrible the procedure was.
The in-car testing in NSW ( well, in our regional area anyway) was phone a number, get a time to be there (within about 6 hours, be on time, do not be early or late) and results SMS'd within 24 hours.
Old 19-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #7755
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

glad Ive got me old Rodeo ute still, I will through some hay bales in the back and be a farmer for next few days, well I have and do work with them sort of
Old 19-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #7756
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So Pfizer came out just a week and a bit ago and claimed 90% efficacy for their vaccine. Immediately after, Russia claimed 92%. Last night Pfizer claimed they are now 95% Also worth noting the CEO of Pfizer sold a few million bucks worth of shares on the day of the 90% efficacy announcement, but apparently that was preset and is not an uncommon practice

https://www.theage.com.au/world/nort...18-p56fwe.html

PS. Also fact checked myself on an earlier post about PCR and the inventor maybe having said it wasn't the appropriate test to use for CV19. Apparently its false. The inventor died a few months before CV19 appeared, so he could never have made such a claim.

https://in.reuters.com/article/uk-fa...-idUSKBN24420X
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #7757
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One noticeable difference to our lockdown VS the Vic lockdown, is there has been no mention of how much they can fine us for doing the wrong thing. Strong words about dealing with anyone trying to "get out" of the restrictions but nothing about how much they can take from us for not wearing a mask, walking outside, etc

Last edited by ford71V8; 19-11-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 19-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #7758
Work Horse
Budget Racer

$1060 for individuals $5060 for business that don't follow directives.

https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restr...home#penalties
Old 19-11-2020, 01:28 PM   #7759
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
for not wearing a mask,
It's not yet mandatory to wear a mask, just strongly recommended when you leave your property.

There is a chance I have to work and I ride to work so tried to find definitive info and on the govt website it says they aren't mandatory. That may change as the days go by though.

https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restr...-at-home#other
Old 19-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #7760
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I saw they quickly relaxed the mask rule. Cant wear one if there's none available.
Someone told me 700,000 of them were being distributed through Drakes stores, but yet to verify.
Old 19-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #7761
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Yeah, I saw they quickly relaxed the mask rule. Cant wear one if there's none available.
Someone told me 700,000 of them were being distributed through Drakes stores, but yet to verify.
my daughter managed to pick up a box of 10 from cheap as chips at woodcroft but she wasn't sure if they had much stock left. She had to ask and they had them behind the counter.

Only ended up at cheap as chips by chance as the lineup to aldi and drakes was ridiculously long.

Bunnings normally have plenty, but even though hardware stores were exempt ( i believe) they have decided to close.
Old 19-11-2020, 01:58 PM   #7762
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT November 18th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

17 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.265% while active cases rise to 1,364. NSW recorded 7 cases, WA 6, SA 2 while Queensland and the NT recorded 1 each.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.245% and active cases rise to 64.

The UK had a lower 19,609 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 529 deaths.

Just over 161.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,691 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.173% and active cases rise to 37.2% with the raw numbers rising and now over 4.3M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 56M with the last 1M taking 2 days;
Global deaths pass 1.35M with the last 50k taking 6 days
Global deaths set a new daily record of 10,791;
The USA completes 172M, India 127M, Russia 70M, Saudi Arabia 9M, Pakistan 5M and Kazakhstan 4M tests.

Albania (711);
Luxembourg (892);
Algeria (1,038);
Palestine (1,251);
Malaysia (1,402);
North Macedonia (1,402);
Moldova (1,607);
Croatia (3,251);
Serbia (5,613);
Jordan (7,933) - 23% above the high yesterday;
Romania (10,269); and
Iran (13,421)

... all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #7763
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Online there are lots but that doesnt help 'today' ; it all happened so fast so hard to prepare.
I see some can be despatched from Adelaide, express post would be a few days. I suggest these ones but cant see any from S.A. Fabric is better than nothing for now.

And will it be 6 days

Suggest it is a new addition to everyone's medical 'tub'
Old 19-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #7764
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Local hardware store got me a box of 200 for work.
I could send you one, postage and handling is only $100ea. If you're not satified you can send it back in 30 days.

Old 19-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #7765
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford.
The latest Murdoch media (Herald Sun) vs VIC government story doing the rounds is a photo of Brett Sutton (VIC CHO), at Bright, on a picnic rug, but get this... he is apparently breaking his own rules by not wearing a mask!!

FMD! Could these cockroaches for journalists get any worse?
If they didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all.
Old 19-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #7766
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

says everything about Murdoch press, that Paul Murray is as about as low as it gets, he sits somewhere near Allan Jones on my creepiest people list (Tracey Grimshaw is on the list as well)
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #7767
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife just told me the Dan is shutting the Vict / S.A. border from tonight

I gotta tell ya, I am pretty happy about that. Whilst I live in regional Vict, I don't want to go back to where we were 20 days ago

19 days today with no new cases and no COVID19 related deaths in Victoria

WELL DONE VICTORIANS
Old 19-11-2020, 03:00 PM   #7768
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
My wife just told me the Dan is shutting the Vict / S.A. border from tonight

I gotta tell ya, I am pretty happy about that. Whilst I live in regional Vict, I don't want to go back to where we were 20 days ago

19 days today with no new cases and no COVID19 related deaths in Victoria

WELL DONE VICTORIANS
I just cant swallow that as accurate.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 19-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #7769
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Friend of mine works in warehousing here in Adelaide, within an hour of the announcement he had sold and taken orders for over 2000 pallets of masks
Old 19-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #7770
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I just cant swallow that as accurate.
Start.... Poyal

48hr closure, excluding freight drivers and emergency purposes. Surprised it took so long. Leaving it open in the short term would have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose.
Closed Thread