Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #8491
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

having seen the new xr8, i wont be selling my FG F6 to get into one, thats for sure
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Black F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #8492
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77 View Post
This is my concern too. I'll be ready to buy in August next year but by the sounds of those numbers I might be too late.
I would say best to wait till early next year have a chat with your local ford dealer for some info and put a deposit down. A nice deposit should show faith in your purchase and secure a vehicle.. Maybe lol
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #8493
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
so do we actually have any def pics and stats yet?
this thread is getting painful to follow with no info
all ive seen is the *** end that looks like a jag
There's plenty of pics in this thread of real cars (XT, XR6, XR6t, XR8 and G6E) out in the wild in Melbourne.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #8494
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black F6 View Post
having seen the new xr8, i wont be selling my FG F6 to get into one, thats for sure
The more people that think like that, the longer I have to get in a position to get one. The interior has really helped me in that regard too...

All depending on my job status, otherwise I would have put a deposit down already.
Old 27-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #8495
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From one of the last interior pics does anyone else think they may have modified the drivers seat rails or something, would that be a way of getting around expensive crash testing ect?? .maybe it's just the pic but it looks slightly lower.. Don't think there was a review on the FG that didn't have a whinge about driving position the sooks..
Old 27-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #8496
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
If they do price them at 60k i dont think they will sell as many as they think. I know the average price for an FG GT was 64-66 drive away. I know i wouldn't pay 60k for just an XR8, 50k on the other hand......

.........good luck with that one........at 50k they would be an absolute steal for a new premium model that will have quite a few updates!

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #8497
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

An insider said SS V Redline pricing, and they start from $51,990 RRP. Interesting times...
Old 27-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #8498
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
An insider said SS V Redline pricing, and they start from $51,990 RRP. Interesting times...
We'll that would be about $56k drive away, plus whatever options you put on it. Closer to $60k on road I reckon. I'm expecting the XR8 to be closer to $60k drive away, than $50k drive away. Obviously you can negotiate a better price, but I reckon that'll be list price.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #8499
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
We'll that would be about $56k drive away, plus whatever options you put on it. Closer to $60k on road I reckon. I'm expecting the XR8 to be closer to $60k drive away, than $50k drive away. Obviously you can negotiate a better price, but I reckon that'll be list price.

I mean, what you say makes a lot of sense, but I'm not interested at that price.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #8500
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I not sure whether to jump early or wait if there is a final "special", im going manual for the first time in 20 years so maybe I can wait a little longer than most.
Old 27-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #8501
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But how many with manuals are they building?
Wait and you might be limited for choice in the future.

~Duke
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #8502
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone thinks they are going to get a new FG X XR8 with the GT motor Miami, Brembo brakes (front), 19" wheels for $50,000 drive away
They are dreaming.
Old 27-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #8503
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
If anyone thinks they are going to get a new FG X XR8 with the GT motor Miami, Brembo brakes (front), 19" wheels for $50,000 drive away
They are dreaming.

I don't think anyone was talking 50k drive away.........more like 50k plus on roads, personally I thought the spend would of been closer to 60k plus on roads for leather and the good brakes, time will tell.

Cheers Mick
Old 27-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #8504
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:
They are dreaming.
You're just afraid it could be better value than your GT-F.... ;)

This is purely a joke, I'm envious of your car!

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #8505
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If there's 2500 autos for the XR6T and XR8, would the G6ET be included in that as well...?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #8506
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
If there's 2500 autos for the XR6T and XR8, would the G6ET be included in that as well...?
It shares the same driveline as XR6T so I would guess it is included.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #8507
elfinke

Quote:
They are dreaming.
Call me Roy Orbison, baby.

elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #8508
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
They are dreaming.
Don't forget LCT

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #8509
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
You should know better if you worked there.

As for the F6 it only dynos up at around 280 rwkw. Thats a far cry from 330 rwkw that the GT pushes out on a dyno. So for you to say there is next to no difference is silly.

My Pursuit struggles to get traction with the live rear axel setup, and i know a few guys that have broken tailshafts on F6's and GS's. So to think that its any other reason other then the rear end is a bit silly when its a known problem internally and externally.

Utes have always come second to sedans, as per why we have no XR8 ute in the new model. They don't have enough motors or gearboxes to accommodate everyone so the Ute missed out.

I think this is one rare case where it's better to compare torque than power.

Certainly the GT is producing quite a bit more power than the F6, but from what I've seen it's mainly achieving that by hanging onto a similar amount of torque to higher revs than the F6.
Keep in mind that when an engines power is being calculated, you're basically multiplying torque by engine speed (revs). So if for example there is the same torque at 15% more revs, then there is 15% more power, but in both cases if the torque is the same, then the angle of the diff pinion under hard acceleration should be the same (assuming the equivalent gearing).

As we know the claimed torque figures are very similar for both engines, but a lot of people would probably argue that the F6 pushes even harder at low revs in the real world, with more torque than the GT.
It seems to me that maybe the F6 was at more risk of pinion angle problems than the GT would be.

So I'm finding it hard to understand the reasoning as well. Also I've heard of one case of a stock FG Turbo twisting a tailshaft.

Last edited by 2242100; 27-08-2014 at 10:43 PM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #8510
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo View Post
You're just afraid it could be better value than your GT-F.... ;)

This is purely a joke, I'm envious of your car!

We'll it does represent fantastic value as long as having the GT brand/name plate is not important to you and if your in the market for an everyday performance car daily driver, that will be used and parked anywhere, instead of owning a long term modern garage queen that still costs you money

Cheers Mick
Old 27-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #8511
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Saw a G6E near the factory today going in the opposite direction. Front looked real real nice and upmarket and actually gave me the impression of a more compact car. The rear was a glance without getting into an accident but it looked kind of awkward but not bad. Will save judgement till I get a better look.

Last edited by CSV_LS1; 27-08-2014 at 10:49 PM.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #8512
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytchal86
Assuming they are a similar price what does the mustang have over the falcon? Not having a go at your views mate just a legit question. In my opinion the falcon is an easy winner. 5seats, big boot space, our 5.0 is blown with potential for so much more as does the I6T at minimal expense. Great refreshed look with latest ford tech (sync2)..Unless 2 doors are your thing I struggle to find anything better about the mustang. Guess we'll have a better indication when they go head to head from factory for the first time here in AUS... Can't wait!!!!! Ps can't imagine the mustangs power figures being so understated like the falcons force fed donks.
I recently saw a 5.0 Coyote from a Mustang on an engine dyno, supposed to make 412 hp from the factory, it was actually making 465hp. They are just as underrated as the Miami's are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers
I not sure whether to jump early or wait if there is a final "special", im going manual for the first time in 20 years so maybe I can wait a little longer than most.
There will be no final special, the XR8 is already getting all the good stuff so there is nothing else they can add to it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #8513
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True hey wouldn't expect that from N/A more the better though.. It may give it to the falcon in a straight line more than I thought than.
Do u know if there will be any options (leather seats/different wheels) on the XR8 or one package offered?
Old 27-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #8514
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242100 View Post
I agree, the reason doesn't make any sense to me either.
If anything I believe both the F6 and the XR6T Utes would probably have more torque down low than both Miami engines once the Turbo's are spooled up.
If it was OK for the Turbo's I can't see why it wouldn't be OK for the 335 motor in a UTE.
Mate I have a Limited edition pursuit ute and I am more than happy with the way it goes and putting a 335 in it would be overkill,i am wondering every time I get in it weather I will have a licence when I get home.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #8515
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Mate I have a Limited edition pursuit ute and I am more than happy with the way it goes and putting a 335 in it would be overkill,i am wondering every time I get in it weather I will have a licence when I get home.
There's no doubt all the blown Falcons are rocket ships
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #8516
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I dont think it will be for sale long enough to fit in a special...in retrospec maybe it should have been coined with Sprint from the start. While I guess this spec is the standard FGX XR8 its still a pretty hot version.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #8517
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I recently saw a 5.0 Coyote from a Mustang on an engine dyno, supposed to make 412 hp from the factory, it was actually making 465hp. They are just as underrated as the Miami's are.

There will be no final special, the XR8 is already getting all the good stuff so there is nothing else they can add to it.
They could always add stickers and call it a Sprint or a GT!
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #8518
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I dont think it will be for sale long enough to fit in a special...in retrospec maybe it should have been coined with Sprint from the start. While I guess this spec is the standard FGX XR8 its still a pretty hot version.

i'm not so sure mate. i believe the xr6/8 moniker is common enough for the average non enthusiest to relate to, whereas the general public wouldn't know what a sprint is.
i'm hoping the xr8 is as hot as being pushed around the forum at the moment
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #8519
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its all but a GT-R spec...which IMO is just as fast as a GTF on any given day.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #8520
Sioso
irregular member

I like the front end of the new XR8 and the rear end is growing on me but that spoiler looks terrible, reminds me of a vx ss.
It draws attention away from the lines of the car, rear diffuser and quad exhausts.
A boot lip spoiler or no spoiler would look better IMHO.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: