Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: xbox 360 or PS3
Xbox360 68 49.64%
PS3 69 50.36%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #61
ms33
Ford Hoarder

Those screen shot comparisons cannot compare the two systems because any game that is realeased on both systems will be a ported version from one to the other. I do believe the PS3 has the better graphics as ive noticed the frame rate for games run better for me on 1080i compared to the 360.
But in my opinion i still think the xbox is a better console solely because of xbox live. At the moment my ps3 is just a dust collecting / blu ray player because of the lack of software support but im hoping that will change. I bought my 360 on the realease date (march last year) and ive had no problems with it, but i know of alot of people that have returned their systems due to the "3 rings of death".
I read somewhere that ps3 has had about 1% of their total systems returned due to faulty errors compared to the 360 which has had 30%. Each system has their pro's and con's but if i had to have one id pick the 360 because of xbox live, the huge selection of games and the extended 3 year warranty.
ms33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #62
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

I own a PS3, i think its fantastic. It has the games i want, and also has the graphics to go with it (i own a Samsung 40" LCD). The 360 just isnt up to par, i dont like there controllers, they are way too heavy, and to me, the game play in most of there games is unrealistic (car racing games). Dont get me wrong i love halo, but that is the only game on that console that i do like. I have also heard of too many people having problems. Also remember, that the 360 has had a full year to get up to scratch with there lighting and graphics and so forth, so i think given a year for the PS3, u will start to see why it is so much better.
Xitdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #63
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Those with a PS3, what is online gaming like? I've been using 'Live!' for years now and it's quite handy with mates to set up a game and just play, I used to play Project Gotham with a dozen rotating mates and that was possibly the best online fun I've ever had in a game. It extends the life of your games by quite a margin. What is PS3's online community like?
From what I have seen its ok, I havent used it much, played Call of Duty 3 and got killed 20 times or so, and only killed 3 people - at this stage I though it was best to practise a bit before playing online again

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #64
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
legendary. I just checked the singstar games. Looks like singstar original is the worst copy to use. My wife wants singstar 80's and songstar ROCK. I have heard only the rolling stones song on the 80s game has issues. No big deal.

Its good that it can work and I guess if I make sure the software updates are current then hopefully it will get better.
When I checked last (bout a month ago) most games seem to be reasonably back ward compatible which is a good thing. But I was told if you ensure you keep your firmware uptodate that you have a good chance the games will work fine. Buzz works fine which is good (minor problem with the girl that annouces the game but only at the very start and it doesnt effect gameplay)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #65
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wii FTW...

When the PS3 is cheaper and GTA4 and GT5 are out ill get one...

as far as the xbrick360... Red rig on death anyone? I know of quite a few that have died in this fashion.. ithough Forza 2 is quite good, its a pity it's let down by shite hardware.
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #66
gozza

They have a tendancy to over heat..But if your smart about it you should be fine - I have played my 360 solidly and ive had it for 8-9 months i think - Nothing has ever frozen but once or twice forza was acting odd - Keep the power supply in cool space...and lie the xbox flat with good ventilation

I also read on a forum that an electrics guy opened his and noticed the soldering isn't great - which could be leading to the problems
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #67
XD427
XD427

I think its apretty simple decision, we all obviously have home PC's both the xbox 360 and ps3 are game machines you dont really buy them as a dedicated dvd/cd player or for internet use, or atleast you shouldnt. The XBOX 360 from what ive seen has better graphics than the PS3 and definately has better quality and greater range of games and from what ive heard the PS3 live gaming doesnt compare to XBOX live and the xbox is cheaper what more is there to say??
Old 17-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #68
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xitdxr
I own a PS3, i think its fantastic. It has the games i want, and also has the graphics to go with it (i own a Samsung 40" LCD). The 360 just isnt up to par, i dont like there controllers, they are way too heavy, and to me, the game play in most of there games is unrealistic (car racing games). Dont get me wrong i love halo, but that is the only game on that console that i do like. I have also heard of too many people having problems. Also remember, that the 360 has had a full year to get up to scratch with there lighting and graphics and so forth, so i think given a year for the PS3, u will start to see why it is so much better.
Thats what I will be using the PS3 on too. I have a 40" Samsung LCD also and I was told it should work really well as a combination. Plus I really like the games too. The blu-ray will come in handy once there are more titles out there to purchase from. Im not interested in playing online or 'live' as they call it so that doesnt bother me.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #69
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Quote:
Thats what I will be using the PS3 on too. I have a 40" Samsung LCD also and I was told it should work really well as a combination. Plus I really like the games too. The blu-ray will come in handy once there are more titles out there to purchase from. Im not interested in playing online or 'live' as they call it so that doesnt bother me.
Yeah same as me mate, i will eventually get the net hooked up just to download the upgrades, but im not phased with playing online either. I have motorstorm, Formula 1, and Resistance, and all a great games (Motorstorm not great on your own, but in a group of mates, its good fun). I play resistance and love it, have almost finished it though. From September there are a few new games coming out. New need for speed, GTA4 and a couple of others which i am hanging for.

I think in the end, you should buy the console that has the games u want to play. Its a bonus that the PS3 has blu-ray, which i think is what sold me over the Xbox.
Old 17-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #70
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Yeah same as me mate, i will eventually get the net hooked up just to download the upgrades, but im not phased with playing online either. I have motorstorm, Formula 1, and Resistance, and all a great games (Motorstorm not great on your own, but in a group of mates, its good fun). I play resistance and love it, have almost finished it though. From September there are a few new games coming out. New need for speed, GTA4 and a couple of others which i am hanging for.

I think in the end, you should buy the console that has the games u want to play, its a bonus that the PS3 has blu-ray, which i think is just awesome.
Yes, the updates is all i'd be using the net for too. Got to keep up with those. You have the games I want. haha. Looking forward to the new releases.

The blu-ray I will no doubt use, but will wait for the right movies to play it on. Like transformers! :P

Singstar 80's and Rock are the other games I wil get for the mrs too. And I just cant go past the look of it either. It just looks sexual in black and will match my home theatre to a tea.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #71
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The XBOX360 is a massive leader in my eyes.

-XBOX 360 has more games. (99% of the current PS3 games are on XBOX)
-XBOX 360 Live is way ahead of PS3. The XBOX market place is awesome, and the PS3 one sucks! 360's marketplace is always updated, PS3 is stagnant.
-XBOX360 is cheaper
-XBOX360 interface is much more user friendly

PS3 has had plenty of time to get its act together, and it hasnt.

We have a 360 and a PS3.. the PS3 barely gets turned on.
Old 17-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #72
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Good to see you got your lcd afterall blue... I love the ps3, works great on our lcd also and as for bluray discs.... awesome for lack of a better word..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #73
gozza

Quote:
The 360 just isnt up to par, i dont like there controllers, they are way too heavy, and to me, the game play in most of there games is unrealistic (car racing games).

From September there are a few new games coming out. New need for speed

No offense intended but Need for Speed is in no way shape or form a Realistic driving game
Old 17-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #74
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Quote:
Yes, the updates is all i'd be using the net for too. Got to keep up with those. You have the games I want. haha. Looking forward to the new releases.

The blu-ray I will no doubt use, but will wait for the right movies to play it on. Like transformers! :P

Singstar 80's and Rock are the other games I wil get for the mrs too. And I just cant go past the look of it either. It just looks sexual in black and will match my home theatre to a tea.

Good work, will certainly be right at home. Thats an awesome setup you have there. My next thing to update is my surround, but thats once i move out and get my own place.
I love the games i have, i will be getting the new G25 Logitech steering wheel as soon as i can find or make a stand to put the H pattern 6 speeder on to. Should make it a lot more fun to play F1, not that its not fun now, but steering wheels are always better when it comes to car games, something i feel lacks with Xbox360.

The other thing i love about the PS3 is that you can turn it on via the controller, which is handy for me on the weekends, cause its all in my room and i dont have to crawl out of my warm bed to switch it on (slack, i know).
Old 17-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #75
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
No offense intended but Need for Speed is in no way shape or form a Realistic driving game
Hey mate, no offence taken, i wasnt taking about need for speed, i know it isnt realistic, but things like Gran Turismo (In driving Dynamics) are much better represented than say Forza (I know you all love forza, but this is just my opinion.) Need for speed is something i would play more with mates, thats why im hanging for it.
Old 17-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #76
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Good to see you got your lcd afterall blue... I love the ps3, works great on our lcd also and as for bluray discs.... awesome for lack of a better word..
Thanks mate. Yes it was a good choice at the time, and I still love it today. Will be keen to see how the bluray looks on my telly too.

Quote:
Good work, will certainly be right at home. Thats an awesome setup you have there. My next thing to update is my surround, but thats once i move out and get my own place.
I love the games i have, i will be getting the new G25 Logitech steering wheel as soon as i can find or make a stand to put the H pattern 6 speeder on to. Should make it a lot more fun to play F1, not that its not fun now, but steering wheels are always better when it comes to car games, something i feel lacks with Xbox360.

The other thing i love about the PS3 is that you can turn it on via the controller, which is handy for me on the weekends, cause its all in my room and i dont have to crawl out of my warm bed to switch it on (slack, i know).
I didnt know the PS3 had that function. Thats pretty cool to have. And a steering wheel is an awesome addition for car games. Thats pretty much all i will be interested in.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #77
gozza

I loved GT4 . i bought a Ps2 Specifically for it - Have you played Forza 2? or GT5? - no doubt GT5 will be great

I have the MS wheel but its not as good as a G25 - and you can turn on xbox console with your Controllers.....also switch off individual controllers and turn off the console
Old 17-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #78
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I loved GT4 . i bought a Ps2 Specifically for it - Have you played Forza 2? or GT5? - no doubt GT5 will be great

I have the MS wheel but its not as good as a G25 - and you can turn on xbox console with your Controllers.....also switch off individual controllers and turn off the console
Must admit, i have only played Forza 2 for about 5 minutes, so i couldnt give you an opinion until i sat down at weasel's (my mate) place and played it for a little bit. I think the graphics are cool on both consoles, just comes down to what you want it for really. You can also switch off individual controllers on the playstation and turn the console off, so they are on par there. I have played GT HD demo, which is just unbelievable to look at, i cant wait for GT5 to be released. Do you own Forza 2??? apart from the graphics and obviously the right noises, what else is there about the game you love?
Old 17-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #79
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went for a 360, in the end it came down to value for me. I got a 360 premium pack, 2 wireless controllers, mod chip fitted and 15 games for less than the cost of a PS3 console alone.
JBomb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #80
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms33
Those screen shot comparisons cannot compare the two systems because any game that is realeased on both systems will be a ported version from one to the other. I do believe the PS3 has the better graphics as ive noticed the frame rate for games run better for me on 1080i compared to the 360.
But in my opinion i still think the xbox is a better console solely because of xbox live. At the moment my ps3 is just a dust collecting / blu ray player because of the lack of software support but im hoping that will change. I bought my 360 on the realease date (march last year) and ive had no problems with it, but i know of alot of people that have returned their systems due to the "3 rings of death".
I read somewhere that ps3 has had about 1% of their total systems returned due to faulty errors compared to the 360 which has had 30%. Each system has their pro's and con's but if i had to have one id pick the 360 because of xbox live, the huge selection of games and the extended 3 year warranty.
I believe that it dosnt matter whether the games where ported. If anything, some of the PS3 versions have had over a year to be tweaked so it looks better. They dont even look the same, the PS3 versions look worse.

I hope alot of the wannabe PS3 owners here are not all saying that the graphics are better on the PS3 because, a couple of years ago, they saw a certain good looking kill zone video that later turned out to be cgi.

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #81
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
I hope alot of the wannabe PS3 owners here are not all saying that the graphics are better on the PS3 because, a couple of years ago, they saw a certain good looking kill zone video that later turned out to be cgi.
mate i have one, my brother has the 360. his comment was geez the picture clarity is wikkid.. his comment not mine, i do have a 47inch HD lcd with full 1080p and proper hdmi monster cabelling, set up to my Yamaha/Bose audio system
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #82
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
mate i have one, my brother has the 360. his comment was geez the picture clarity is wikkid.. his comment not mine, i do have a 47inch HD lcd with full 1080p and proper hdmi monster cabelling, set up to my Yamaha/Bose audio system
What kind of tv dose he have? With one of the updates that was released some time ago over xbox live, the 360 now supports 1080P aswell.

The ultimate 360 is going to be released here soon. i mite sell my 360 to get one. Its black, has a 120gb HDD and a HDMI port

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
Old 18-07-2007, 09:26 AM   #83
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBomb3000
I went for a 360, in the end it came down to value for me. I got a 360 premium pack, 2 wireless controllers, mod chip fitted and 15 games for less than the cost of a PS3 console alone.
Where did you get your mod chip?
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #84
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
Where did you get your mod chip?
Got it from these guys, really good to deal with. http://www.cavernimports.com/1_XboxandXbox360.htm
JBomb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #85
tempest351
Starter Motor

modchips will result in gettin banned from xbox live... and that would be so crappy...
tempest351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #86
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
The ultimate 360 is going to be released here soon. i mite sell my 360 to get one. Its black, has a 120gb HDD and a HDMI port
Any details of this new console? Id like to know when the release date will be.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 18-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #87
SnoopXR6

I'll stick with my ps3. Onl problem is they run really hot so i bought a Powerwave cooling and lighting stand. Also have a 500gb external HDD hooked up to it. The external drive will be change for a 750gb drive with usb and network support so i cen drop files straight off the pc on the drive and run them on the ps3.
SnoopXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #88
xygthop3
SIR DOOF DOOF =D

xbox will always ahve better play coz it can be updated through xbox live..

the biggest advantage ps3 has is GRAN TURISMO 5 HD...

its the only game that playstation/sony produce taht is very popular that xbox doesnt get..

xbox has project gothatm racing 3 coming out and forza etc etc..

xbox is da way to go
Old 18-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #89
HOON69
Banned

playstation doesnt have a multi billion doller fault
so XBOX360 FTMFL
and PS3 FTMFW
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #90
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xbox 360 elite

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=76904

Im not sure of a exact release date yet. But I think its in the next few months