Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: If a "Middle aged White male" BOO's in the forest, is he still a RACIST???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
Top song!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #62
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: If a "Middle aged White male" BOO's in the forest, is he still a RACIST???

I always enjoy seeing videos of New Zealanders performing their various haka, for example the well-known video of RNZIR Battalion performing the haka at the funeral of fallen soldiers, or the very recent video of the high school doing the haka at the funeral of a teacher. But here in Australia, a couple of Aboriginal footballers do an Aboriginal dance and middle Australia goes ape**** because they can't handle the "threatening" dance.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #63
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recall Benny Elias being booed every time he stepped on the field as the NSW hooker in the annual NRL State of Origin Series. Neither Benny nor anyone else complained back then. And what about Cherry-Evans being booed in the latest series? He didn't complain. The PC police have crapped on this country but stuff them .. I'll boo who I like and they can go jump in the lake.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #64
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I always enjoy seeing videos of New Zealanders performing their various haka, for example the well-known video of RNZIR Battalion performing the haka at the funeral of fallen soldiers, or the very recent video of the high school doing the haka at the funeral of a teacher. But here in Australia, a couple of Aboriginal footballers do an Aboriginal dance and middle Australia goes ape**** because they can't handle the "threatening" dance.
It's not the 'dance', it's the double standards 'middle Australia' does not like...
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #65
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This country craps me off now, can't say anything anymore without people having a sook.
It was hard to write this post because the words i would usually use to describe the people and the situation are not on anymore. Oh well just better not say anything then.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #66
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another thing, people have to see that there freedom of speach rights are going out the window, wake up you fu**in retar*s.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #67
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Part of me wants to say Goodsey, get over it, you're a sook...you have everything and still complain every chance you get...but then again I'm not aboriginal and have no idea how he feels.

I remember in my 20's growing up in southwest Sydney, I went to Cabramatta during the week (on weekends lots of people head in to do their produce shopping there, during the week not so much) So I'm walking along the street and everyone is Vietnamese, I'm the only white dude, some older dude took exception to me, yelled out something, threw an effing cup at me. Now being the only white dude, I felt pretty damn uncomfortable, uneasy, threatened for the next 2 hours simply because I was conscious I was different, not a great feeling, even though no one else had no issue with me, I was on edge the entire time. I went home all was good.

Maybe Goodsey feels like I felt that day on alot of days, which would give me the s...ts too.....so I've grown some sympathy in my older years.
Your are getting old, thats the softest thing I have ever read from you.

I too agree Goods needs a little bit of HTFU, but, booing at that match when he pointed her out I get (dont condone but get uit)...but for it to go on and on its a joke.

I dont think its racist per se (heaps of other players get booed), but its in very very bad taste.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #68
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

https://youtu.be/vydY1UmWzAM?list=PL...JpDbVwPCQCxhbj

I think this sums it up really.

Anyone who says Australia isn't racist probably hasn't experienced any racism towards them. I'm born and bred here and have copped more than my fair share for having brown skin. You guys need to wake up to yourselves if you think it doesn't exist.

Does it mean everyone is racist, of course not. Nor that if you boo, it makes you racist.

The video sums it up nicely though. Unfortunately, the bigger issue is that people just don't even realise what they are saying is racist.

And for all people wondering why Aboriginal people find being call an Ape is so offensive, have a brief look into Australian history where Aboriginal affairs were managed under the Flora and Fauna Act till 1967 (some states, not all) and weren't included in the Human population count till post 1967.

Maybe we can stop and think for a second and appreciate why someone might find it offensive that someone called them an Ape. Or we can continue in our bubble and think he just needs to harden up.

But without understanding, we're left with Tolerance. And as long as we tolerate one another, we will never live harmoniously.

For those that keep having a go at Goodes, please watch the below to sort Fact from Fiction.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/th...on-adam-goodes

Last edited by kypez; 03-08-2015 at 11:39 AM.
7 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #69
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once we're done, can we do: "If a man says something in the forest and his wife is not there to hear it, is he still wrong?"
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #70
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
https://youtu.be/vydY1UmWzAM?list=PL...JpDbVwPCQCxhbj

I think this sums it up really.

Anyone who says Australia isn't racist probably hasn't experienced any racism towards them. I'm born and bred here and have copped more than my fair share for having brown skin. You guys need to wake up to yourselves if you think it doesn't exist.

Does it mean everyone is racist, of course not. Nor that if you boo, it makes you racist.

The video sums it up nicely though. Unfortunately, the bigger issue is that people just don't even realise what they are saying is racist.

And for all people wondering why Aboriginal people find being call an Ape is so offensive, have a brief look into Australian history where Aboriginal affairs were managed under the Flora and Fauna Act till 1967 (some states, not all) and weren't included in the Human population count till post 1967.

Maybe we can stop and think for a second and appreciate why someone might find it offensive that someone called them an Ape. Or we can continue in our bubble and think he just needs to harden up.

But without understanding, we're left with Tolerance. And as long as we tolerate one another, we will never live harmoniously.

For those that keep having a go at Goodes, please watch the below to sort Fact from Fiction.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/th...on-adam-goodes

Most intelligent, accurate and balanced post in the entire thread.

Thank you.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #71
menil
fg pursuit

You have to be joking The Project biggest **** show on Tv watched half that clip and turned it off next we know Waleed will be telling us halal slaughter is not cruel.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #72
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by menil View Post
You have to be joking The Project biggest **** show on Tv watched half that clip and turned it off next we know Waleed will be telling us halal slaughter is not cruel.
Shame that this is all you took away from my post...

Sums up the problem with Prejudices...

If you had made it to the end of the clip, there was a White Australian (Peter Helliar) making points that might have made it easier for you to relate to.

Last edited by kypez; 03-08-2015 at 01:28 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #73
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Newsflash: The AFL survived another weekend and today's Brisbane weather is sensational.

There are many indigenous players in the AFL, NRL (everywhere), if Australia was a racist country wouldn't they be vilified every game too?

I don't miss Goodes at all, he can keep his self imposed exile going for as long as he likes, sensible people have already seen through the faux-victim racism BS.
6 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #74
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Newsflash: The AFL survived another weekend and today's Brisbane weather is sensational.

There are many indigenous players in the AFL, NRL (everywhere), if Australia was a racist country wouldn't they be vilified every game too?

I don't miss Goodes at all, he can keep his self imposed exile going for as long as he likes, sensible people have already seen through the faux-victim racism BS.
When Nicky Winmar made his now infamous stance against the booing and being racially vilified, he copped it from the crowds for a long time to follow.

Reason more people don't up for against it in sport is the fear of backlash and whether they can weather the ensuing storm; being booed, misquoted and having your stance misrepresented.

I know I wont change the opinion of most people here and thats is fine. But I do hope you question your opinions and stance for just a second and look at it through someone elses eyes rather than maintain the same Parochial view
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #75
superyob
Banned

Kypez, what do you think about the Aboriginal war dance? Is it an acceptable form of racial and cultural expression in a sporting arena as a counter to the booing?
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #76
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I dont care about the dance as long as its not directed at someone in the crowd etc. No real difference to that than "white" guys doing a little jig like they were on the turps.

But would it be ok for a German player to do the Goose Step and one arm up? Im thinking not....

The worst bit about all of this is that sport should be free from all this crap..its meant to be the bonding agent of our society and in Australia in particular I think its done a good job of aiding the process....we generally love someone who is good at something and in most causes race/background etc is never mentioned...they are Aussie..full stop.

We even try and adopt New Zealanders FFS.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 03-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #77
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
When Nicky Winmar made his now infamous stance against the booing and being racially vilified, he copped it from the crowds for a long time to follow.

Reason more people don't up for against it in sport is the fear of backlash and whether they can weather the ensuing storm; being booed, misquoted and having your stance misrepresented.

I know I wont change the opinion of most people here and thats is fine. But I do hope you question your opinions and stance for just a second and look at it through someone elses eyes rather than maintain the same Parochial view
Ever been to a non-White pub, and in the spirit of brotherly harmony have the pub engage in a roaring medley of Advance Austrlian Fair (afterall we are all Australians), if you have, then tell me how it worked out for you, if you haven't suggest you try...
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #78
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Kypez, what do you think about the Aboriginal war dance? Is it an acceptable form of racial and cultural expression in a sporting arena?
To be honest, I wish we embraced it like the Kiwi's do the Haka. Its a symbol of their culture and oneness as a country. The White players don't opt out of the Haka cause its not their culture. Its at EVERY (Rugby League and Union at least) sporting event and no one ever questions if that War Dance has a place in sporting arena.

That said, I can see that if it was done in every league round in the NRL/AFL, it could be considered a little unnecessary. GI does a small celebration that is fine and celebrates his people and is a gentle nod to his culture. He does it every try he scores. Its not over the top in any way.

The time Goodes did it was during the indigenous round in the AFL, a round specifically created to celebrate all things Aboriginal. Goodes took the opportunity to express his culture during this particular round (whether it was not true to its roots or made up isn't the point). He celebrated his culture the way he chose fit. Thats what the round is trying to showcase, from the Guernsey to everything else.

Context is paramount IMO. Had he done it in other rounds, I completely agree that it could be considered over the top. During the indigenous round, I'm saddened that he didn't do it earlier in years gone by and that we, as Australians, don't showcase our awesome 40,000 years of history more often!
Old 03-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #79
Harrison

I wouldn't take it personally, distraction is the whole idea.

When the media becomes completely obsessed with a certain story you can always be sure there is an elitist agenda behind it.

The ongoing and corrosive campaign to make 'white' Australians appear racist to those who consider themselves above such alleged barbarism has bugger all to do with football and everything to do with shaming us for wanting to have a say in the destiny of this country in matters such as immigration numbers, foreign ownership of property and multinational companies employing foreign workers on Australian projects.

You think it's a coincidence that this is going on right now and that those who oppose it are also being labelled racist ? -

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227460128946

If you want things to change the first priority is to learn to see through the spin. Once that's achieved they'll have to start shooting us.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #80
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Ever been to a non-White pub, and in the spirit of brotherly harmony have the pub engage in a roaring medley of Advance Austrlian Fair (afterall we are all Australians), if you have, then tell me how it worked out for you, if you haven't suggest you try...
But do you stop and wonder why that is the case?

I like NZ and SA as an example cause they do a few things differently to us here in Australia. The NZ national anthem is sung in 2 different languages, being inclusive of both cultures. The SA anthem is the same. SA even has two flags that allow for the country to be more inclusive.

Our national anthem is not inclusive. Nor our flag. One war dance and everyone loses their mind. The Kiwi's celebrate and cherish their Haka.

We need to update Australia. The old, "Love it or leave" doesn't sit well and still has an indigenous culture waiting for the majority to leave so they can have their country back.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #81
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
To be honest, I wish we embraced it like the Kiwi's do the Haka. Its a symbol of their culture and oneness as a country. The White players don't opt out of the Haka cause its not their culture. Its at EVERY (Rugby League and Union at least) sporting event and no one ever questions if that War Dance has a place in sporting arena.

That said, I can see that if it was done in every league round in the NRL/AFL, it could be considered a little unnecessary. GI does a small celebration that is fine and celebrates his people and is a gentle nod to his culture. He does it every try he scores. Its not over the top in any way.

The time Goodes did it was during the indigenous round in the AFL, a round specifically created to celebrate all things Aboriginal. Goodes took the opportunity to express his culture during this particular round (whether it was not true to its roots or made up isn't the point). He celebrated his culture the way he chose fit. Thats what the round is trying to showcase, from the Guernsey to everything else.

Context is paramount IMO. Had he done it in other rounds, I completely agree that it could be considered over the top. During the indigenous round, I'm saddened that he didn't do it earlier in years gone by and that we, as Australians, don't showcase our awesome 40,000 years of history more often!
The Haka is a war dance performed by ALL the NZ team against the opposing team it is NOT performed against the spectators. If you can not see the difference between the Haka and Goodes and his spear throwing hatred towards the crowd, then you are blind!
4 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #82
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
The Haka is a war dance performed by ALL the NZ team against the opposing team it is NOT performed against the spectators. If you can not see the difference between the Haka and Goodes and his spear throwing hatred towards the crowd, then you are blind!
You see what you want to see...

I saw a dance that he performed for the crowd during the indigenous round. The Crowd weren't the targets, they were for whom he was showcasing his culture, our culture.

If you saw something else, I suggest that maybe you're a little one eyed...
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #83
superyob
Banned

Kypez, I can entirely see and agree with your point of view. The war dance by Goodes was a firm expression of 'BACK OFF', to those who are booing him. I don't know if the booing is racist or not as I am not in a position to judge, but I think it is disrespectful to Goodes. What I am concerned about is the automatic application of the racist tag and the politics that go with it.

Consider this scenario: The All Blacks have just finished their Haka, a terrifying spectacle in itself (sorry NZ rugby league but your haka is limp wristed by comparison ) and in response, the Wallabies point imaginary muskets at the All Blacks and let off a volley. Do you consider that there is any difference between the 2 sides in this scenario?
4 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:16 PM   #84
OCTANEBOSS

Racism is pretty much a fact of life where I live. Black or white we all cop it from time to time. I think a lot of the problem is people thinking you are a racist because of what you see and your reaction to certain problems or non action to certain problems in your day to day life. Unfortunately quite a few of the indigenous population around my area are regularly impaired with alcohol, hard drugs, violent anti social behavior, child abuse, poor education and most of all lack of self respect. Guess what there is a fair few anglo's in the same boat too. What really sh*** me is when people jump on the bandwagon of racism without having actually experienced it from both sides. I call them anti racist -racists. Govt keep throwing money at the problem like no tomorrow ( a form of racism ) but this only makes the problem worse. People like Adam G need to stop trying to bombard the average person with a guilt trip from past history and start to get out and help his mob positively. Seeing some of the fat cats in Canberra mocking anyone that has a different view from them the other day is only going to set there communities more backwards. They get well paid to do what they do but all they do is misuse a lot of the money allocated to there communities for there own self interest or agenda. It is pretty sad to see 3 yrs kids playing on the road at night while there parents-families are going off chops on the pi** or at each other. This is where Adam G needs to aim his spear in another direction if he want to change his cultures outcome. No good coming from a white honky like me, it would just be another racially spurred street fight.

Racism has no place in Australia I here them non racist puritans say, it does it keeps them employed and a nation divided, it sh*** me is watching my local community suffer while all this B******* is talked in the big smoke on how to tackle a problem they don't really what addressed unless its there way
m2c

DC another middle aged white fella
Old 03-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #85
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Kypez, I can entirely see and agree with your point of view. The war dance by Goodes was a firm expression of 'BACK OFF', to those who are booing him. I don't know if the booing is racist or not as I am not in a position to judge, but I think it is disrespectful to Goodes. What I am concerned about is the automatic application of the racist tag and the politics that go with it.

Consider this scenario: The All Blacks have just finished their Haka, a terrifying spectacle in itself (sorry NZ rugby league but your haka is limp wristed by comparison ) and in response, the Wallabies point imaginary muskets at the All Blacks and let off a volley. Do you consider that there is any difference between the 2 sides in this scenario?
Agreed. This is a problem is exaggerated by the minority who are racist, being the voice of the "Middle aged white Male" and this view then being generalised.

The scenario you mention is quite interesting (and apologies if I've misunderstood your point). Its what culture we want to propagate I guess. I guess the Musket firing could be viewed (and probably will) in poor taste. Not cause its not PC (or maybe because if it), but rather cause even indigenous people would be offended by that.

Should White Australians (or any other colour Australians to be fair) feel offended to do a Aboriginal War dance, I dont think so.

Think the key to this argument is that they are the original land owners. Their culture of 40,000 years should have better representation than that of those who arrived here in the last 200 years.

A few world cups ago, Samoa did their war dance at the same time as the All Blacks. I dont know about you, but that made all the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Sure, they got smashed by the All Blacks, but it was an awesome spectacle and celebration of cultures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhtmoVFg4U
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #86
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

We need to update Australia. The old, "Love it or leave" doesn't sit well and still has an indigenous culture waiting for the majority to leave so they can have their country back.
What country?! There was no such thing, rather a huge land mass inhabited by nomadic cannibals.
And the same people who like to spout off that of the above, are hell bent on opening up the flood gates to anyone wishing to come in, no matter how far their culture and beliefs contrast to that of the host. How much money has been thrown at new arrivals from the third world, that could have been put towards the huge social problems in indigenous communities. Maybe this could be a something for Goodes to highlight in the public arena.
The likes of Sarah Hanson Young and other pro multicultural leftists should make it a case for turning back the boats (and stopping the planes), not only for that reason alone, also because, according to MSM and everyone who parrots it, this country is full of lynching white racists (and yet, there are millions upon millions from the third world who'd move here, and any other Western nation at the drop of a hat).

This whole drama is the type of cancer plaguing all Western nations, white guilt being rammed down the throats of the population everywhere they look, professional sports, MSM, social media. Giving the 'oppressed' a sense of entitlement and do-no-wrong mentality, installing white guilt into the gullible who end up tippy toeing around, and even going out of their way for anyone of a darker persuasion or stone age religion as to not appear racist or intolerant. Because as some cases over the past few years have shown, those whites who've been caught out as racists have suffered harsher treatment from MSM, social media slaves, and social justice warriors than any pedophile or rapist could ever dream of.

Do not fear OP, the middle aged white man will be a thing of the past in a generation or two. Negative white birth rates in every western country, personal debt, fag-ness and feminism being promoted 24/7 to kill the traditional family unit ensure these birth rates will keep on dropping to the point of no return, which isn't far away. The white do gooders who can't see past their nose are blind to what their grand/great grand children are up for, and they will be so despised by future generations because of it.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #87
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTANEBOSS View Post
Racism is pretty much a fact of life where I live. Black or white we all cop it from time to time. I think a lot of the problem is people thinking you are a racist because of what you see and your reaction to certain problems or non action to certain problems in your day to day life. Unfortunately quite a few of the indigenous population around my area are regularly impaired with alcohol, hard drugs, violent anti social behavior, child abuse, poor education and most of all lack of self respect. Guess what there is a fair few anglo's in the same boat too. What really sh*** me is when people jump on the bandwagon of racism without having actually experienced it from both sides. I call them anti racist -racists. Govt keep throwing money at the problem like no tomorrow ( a form of racism ) but this only makes the problem worse. People like Adam G need to stop trying to bombard the average person with a guilt trip from past history and start to get out and help his mob positively. Seeing some of the fat cats in Canberra mocking anyone that has a different view from them the other day is only going to set there communities more backwards. They get well paid to do what they do but all they do is misuse a lot of the money allocated to there communities for there own self interest or agenda. It is pretty sad to see 3 yrs kids playing on the road at night while there parents-families are going off chops on the pi** or at each other. This is where Adam G needs to aim his spear in another direction if he want to change his cultures outcome. No good coming from a white honky like me, it would just be another racially spurred street fight.

Racism has no place in Australia I here them non racist puritans say, it does it keeps them employed and a nation divided, it sh*** me is watching my local community suffer while all this B******* is talked in the big smoke on how to tackle a problem they don't really what addressed unless its there way
m2c

DC another middle aged white fella
OCTANEBOSS, I agree with your comments less the highlighted bit for this reason.

If someone with no celebrity status tries to make a change on a large scale, they will most probably not get an audience. Goodes cant "waste" his celebrity trying to fix the grass root problems so to speak. The problem is large and very complex. E.g: A King doesnt go out to feed people one by one but can make decisions that can help his entire kingdom and intern the people within.

What Goodes can do that few others can is give his people a loud enough voice to find something to unify the entirety of his people. If Goodes can ruffle enough feathers that allow for a new symbol of Australia to come to light, it might be enough for those lost to hold onto an ideal/an idol rather trying to inspire people one at a time.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #88
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo76 View Post
Another thing, people have to see that there freedom of speach rights are going out the window, wake up you fu**in retar*s.
Your views are expressed in countless opinion columns in major newspapers read by millions, whole TV and radio shows, radio and TV interviews giving equal airtime to both sides in discussions, millions of social media posts freely expressing, celebrity and public figure endorsements, whole threads on Ford Forums where you've had the space to express yourself virtually unchallenged page after page, thousands in stadiums expressing their views/boos match after match... this not what having your voiced silenced looks like...
Old 03-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #89
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
What country?! There was no such thing, rather a huge land mass inhabited by nomadic cannibals.
And the same people who like to spout off that of the above, are hell bent on opening up the flood gates to anyone wishing to come in, no matter how far their culture and beliefs contrast to that of the host. How much money has been thrown at new arrivals from the third world, that could have been put towards the huge social problems in indigenous communities. Maybe this could be a something for Goodes to highlight in the public arena.
The likes of Sarah Hanson Young and other pro multicultural leftists should make it a case for turning back the boats (and stopping the planes), not only for that reason alone, also because, according to MSM and everyone who parrots it, this country is full of lynching white racists (and yet, there are millions upon millions from the third world who'd move here, and any other Western nation at the drop of a hat).

This whole drama is the type of cancer plaguing all Western nations, white guilt being rammed down the throats of the population everywhere they look, professional sports, MSM, social media. Giving the 'oppressed' a sense of entitlement and do-no-wrong mentality, installing white guilt into the gullible who end up tippy toeing around, and even going out of their way for anyone of a darker persuasion or stone age religion as to not appear racist or intolerant. Because as some cases over the past few years have shown, those whites who've been caught out as racists have suffered harsher treatment from MSM, social media slaves, and social justice warriors than any pedophile or rapist could ever dream of.

Do not fear OP, the middle aged white man will be a thing of the past in a generation or two. Negative white birth rates in every western country, personal debt, fag-ness and feminism being promoted 24/7 to kill the traditional family unit ensure these birth rates will keep on dropping to the point of no return, which isn't far away. The white do gooders who can't see past their nose are blind to what their grand/great grand children are up for, and they will be so despised by future generations because of it.
Strangely enough, these champions of so called human rights have no trouble waging war on the unborn and delivering innocent children into the clutches of same sex 'parents'...

And I totally agree with your last paragraph, especially that in bold...
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #90
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OCTANEBOSS, I agree with your comments less the highlighted bit for this reason.

If someone with no celebrity status tries to make a change on a large scale, they will most probably not get an audience. Goodes cant "waste" his celebrity trying to fix the grass root problems so to speak. The problem is large and very complex. E.g: A King doesnt go out to feed people one by one but can make decisions that can help his entire kingdom and intern the people within.

What Goodes can do that few others can is give his people a loud enough voice to find something to unify the entirety of his people. If Goodes can ruffle enough feathers that allow for a new symbol of Australia to come to light, it might be enough for those lost to hold onto an ideal/an idol rather trying to inspire people one at a time.
mate if he wants to get on a soap box , by all means do it at the right venue, people go to the footy to watch footy , not watch some one acting out like child .

people dont go to these venues for politics, they go to forget politics of life , have a good time and see football, a sporting battle between teems that gets some peoples emotions going.

as always there are going to be a small element of the crowd that too put it as gently as i can are *********, and those types will react as you would expect, but you find that in nearly every type of event with huge crowds,

a player getting booed has two options, ignore the small amount of ********* act like a professional and play the game too the best of his ability and gain respect for his good work , or start acting out on field and incite more of the same .

two wrongs do not make a right.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread