Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #61
stitty
Stunt Driver

Apparently Nth Korea are looking at the capability of producing enough enriched plutonium to build one bomb a year - that means in about 10000 years, they should be up with the USA. They wouldnt dare use it, it would be suicide for their nation - they will just keep threatening to. ( Who remembers Saddam and his "supergun" he kept threatening to assemble and use?)
You have to appreciate that the majority of the Nth Korean population wouldnt want trouble.... thats for the governments to create. out:
Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #62
gtfpv
GT

my prediction . ground invasion by the US and allies around the border of nth korea.they will probably want to takeover and dissarm NORTH KOREA peacefully using standover tactics . north korea has made the 1st move the us and allies will make 2nd . and so on .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #63
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will Australia be a part of another coalition of the willing you think?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #64
stitty
Stunt Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
I dont know how willing the Australian population will be to bite into another cherry so soon. I think China will be the key - they get on well, have beers together and shoot the breeze and stuff.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #65
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Their bomb was apparently equivalent to 500tons of TNT, 'Little Boy' dropped on Hiroshima was equivalent to 15,000tons. A 'tactical' nuke from the US now is equivalent to 500,000tons.

I dont think we have much to worry about honestly :
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #66
fullysick1
more of an alternator

if the bombs are as good as the cars they make everyone can relax :
fullysick1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 AM   #67
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
A 'tactical' nuke from the US now is equivalent to 500,000tons.

And russia has the Tsar bomb....1 hundred million tons of tnt equivelent nuke. They detonated this bomb at around half of it's capacity at around 50 -57 million tons and sent a pressure wave around the world 3 times...everything in a 200km radius was including stone instantly vaporised. The only reason why they detonated a half capacity...it gave the flight crew who dropped it time to escape the blast range & they barley made it.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #68
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
And russia has the Tsar bomb....1 million tons of tnt equivelent nuke. They detonated this bomb at around half of it's capacity at around 50 -57 million tons and sent a pressure wave around the world 3 times...everything in a 200km radius was including stone instantly vaporised. The only reason why they detonated a half capacity...it gave the flight crew who dropped it time to escape the blast range & they barley made it.

Cheers.
Crazy sized nukes like you mentioned are a massive waste of resources, 100 half megaton nukes will do alot more damage than one 50 megaton nuke.

A Ohio class submarine carries 24 SLBMs (Sea Launched Ballistic Missile) each can house eight 500kt nukes, totalling 192 individual nukes per submarine. Thats more explosive force than all the wars put together.
The US has 14 of these submarines.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:25 AM   #69
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, i think the other countries should have let Israel stay in Lebanon and totally wipe out the scum from there, but they will be back in there in a few years.
exrtnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #70
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Crazy sized nukes like you mentioned are a massive waste of resources, 100 half megaton nukes will do alot more damage than one 50 megaton nuke.

A Ohio class submarine carries 24 SSBNs missiles, each can house eight 500kt nukes each, totalling 192 individual nukes per submarine. Thats more explosive force than all the wars put together.
The US has 14 of these submarines.

Actually,... have a read of this..i did a google on this bomb...makes for some interesting reading..It's the world biggest nuke but the russions had no choice as the US was far more accurate.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Russia/TsarBomba.html

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #71
havoc19
Banned

ok ive read over this thread but i think were all missing one important fact y didnt they get of there ******* ***** and do something about it before they developed the bomb they gave them sanctions big ******* woop saddam still go oil blood money from australia im sure kimmy can come up with some spare spending change now hes got the bomb suddenly everybody gives a ****? id think a so called axis of evil nation saying oh where about to develope a nuke would be a more important invasion target then a ******* terrorist in a turbin sitting in a cave spouting of **** into a camera so its a bit to ******* late the horse has bolted as for ground invasions how the **** are u gonna stop them from detonaiting a nuclear war head on an invading war fleet he would blow up his own ppl its pretty obvious and as i recall the north koreans didnt lose any war neither did the allies were still at war there was never any peace treaty signed just an amnisty.
havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:32 AM   #72
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
And russia has the Tsar bomb....1 hundred million tons of tnt equivelent nuke. They detonated this bomb at around half of it's capacity at around 50 -57 million tons and sent a pressure wave around the world 3 times...everything in a 200km radius was including stone instantly vaporised. The only reason why they detonated a half capacity...it gave the flight crew who dropped it time to escape the blast range & they barley made it.

Cheers.
Thats exactly what they need in Iraq ,Iran,Afghan, Lebanon and Nth Korea why havent they got stuck into these countries with these bombs. It would be a safer and better place everywhere if someone like the US or UK did this. Come on! Bomb them!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #73
havoc19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exrtnz
Thats exactly what they need in Iraq ,Iran,Afghan, Lebanon and Nth Korea why havent they got stuck into these countries with these bombs. It would be a safer and better place everywhere if someone like the US or UK did this. Come on! Bomb them!

apart from the fact its totaly inhumane how could u control the fall out or the resistence im sure would follow from ur own ppl and for those ppl who think they can just sit at home and count how many koreans get killed.

"We expect [North Korea's] Taepo Dong 2 [ICBM] will be flight tested this year, unless delayed for political reasons. A two-stage Taepo Dong-2 could deliver a several-hundred kilogram payload to Alaska and Hawaii, and a lighter payload to the western half of the United States. A three-stage Taepo Dong-2 could deliver a several-hundred kilogram payload anywhere in the United States."
havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 02:44 AM   #74
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The world would be a better place with all these countries wiped off the planet, I hope the US will get stuck into these crazy countries soon before they do it to someone else. I think they will, hopefully!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #75
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Include Israel in that too?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #76
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aahh no, they are doing nothing wrong , but they really should have finished the hisbollah off and stayed in Lebanon.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:01 AM   #77
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i disagree.
But your entitle to your opinion.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #78
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
No one nation has a full battle fleet, America has a about a dozen i think.

Even if NK had 1omillion people in the armed forces i doubt they'd be capable of keeping up with the running cost of a war, unlike the yanks who's econemy would thrive on it. The yanks have the capability to pick their targets (Airports, powerstation's, radio/sat aerials, military bases) and take them out before setting foot on NK soil, manpower is one thing but being able to destroy anything at will from the other side of the globe is another.
Exactly right, but the U.S.A also knows N.K position as well.It does not have to go to war with them.More economic sanctions imposed on this country will either bring Kim into line or the starving people will rebel against him.Also what if the U.S.A decided not to do anything anywhere in this world, who then is going to keep an eye on us,Germany russia france italy,?who, there would be an econimic downturn immediately,there maybe people that talk against the U.S.A but there is nobody else to do the job.They are not perfect but they are getting the job done.Have a look at who they do not want to have that bomb/nuclear capability ? Is it France England germany etc no these guys want the right things for their country for their people are interested in helping other people not threatening other countries with their nuclear capabilities or terroists attacks.It smacks off the little boy who doesnt get his own way and runs off with his ball or bat.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #79
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc19
ok ive read over this thread but i think were all missing one important fact y didnt they get of there ******* ***** and do something about it before they developed the bomb they gave them sanctions big ******* woop saddam still go oil blood money from australia im sure kimmy can come up with some spare spending change now hes got the bomb suddenly everybody gives a ****? id think a so called axis of evil nation saying oh where about to develope a nuke would be a more important invasion target then a ******* terrorist in a turbin sitting in a cave spouting of **** into a camera so its a bit to ******* late the horse has bolted as for ground invasions how the **** are u gonna stop them from detonaiting a nuclear war head on an invading war fleet he would blow up his own ppl its pretty obvious and as i recall the north koreans didnt lose any war neither did the allies were still at war there was never any peace treaty signed just an amnisty.
Rewritten to make readable:

Ok, I've read over this thread but I think we're all missing one important fact. Why didn't they (the US, etc) get off their ??? ***** and do something about it, before they (NK) developed the bomb?

They (the US) gave them (NK) sanctions. Big ****ing whoop! Saddam still received oil-blood-money from Australia, I'm sure Kimmy can come up with some spare spending change. Now he's got the bomb and suddenly everybody give a **** ?

I'd think a so-called Axis of Evil nation saying "oh, we're about to develop a nuke" would be more important invasion target than a ****ing terrorist in a turban, sitting in a cave spouting off **** into a camera!

So, it's a bit too ****ing late, the horse has bolted!

As for ground invasions, how the **** are you going to stop them from detonating a nuclear warhead upon an invading war fleet? He would blow up his own people! It's pretty obvious, and as I recall the North Koreans didn't lose any war, nor did the Allies. We're still at war, there was never any peace treaty signed, just an amnesty.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #80
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc19

Ok, I've read over this thread but I think we're all missing one important fact. Why didn't they (the US, etc) get off their ??? ***** and do something about it, before they (NK) developed the bomb?

They (the US) gave them (NK) sanctions. Big ****ing whoop! Saddam still received oil-blood-money from Australia, I'm sure Kimmy can come up with some spare spending change. Now he's got the bomb and suddenly everybody give a **** ?

I'd think a so-called Axis of Evil nation saying "oh, we're about to develop a nuke" would be more important invasion target than a ****ing terrorist in a turban, sitting in a cave spouting off **** into a camera!

So, it's a bit too ****ing late, the horse has bolted!

As for ground invasions, how the **** are you going to stop them from detonating a nuclear warhead upon an invading war fleet? He would blow up his own people! It's pretty obvious, and as I recall the North Koreans didn't lose any war, nor did the Allies. We're still at war, there was never any peace treaty signed, just an amnesty.
Think about this one Mr. Secretary of Defence:

Lets say that America decide to rock up to North Korea's front door with an Army big enough to over throw Kimmy, They would ofcourse need to pull men out of Iraq and then start amassing a landing force either hidden away on the coast of North Korea or over the border in South Korea...
Firstly, its a Logistics nightmare. Secondly any sudden troop movements to anywhere near NK will send warning bells off to that unstable deprived-of- love-and matchbox-cars-as-a-child-so-called-leader and he doesnt need nukes to stop a US invasion, just a couple of AA Missiles and LRBM's aimed squarley at the landing fleet, to which ofcourse the US retaliate with more Missiles and then God knows what will happen.

I'd love to see a covert force go into the heart of NK and assasinate the bastard as long as there is no proof of what happend, there is no one to point fingers at etc. C'mon SAS..you can do it boys!

Although that leaves NK either ****ed off or thankful and then ofcourse the response from them...to many question marks in itself.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #81
Sapper
Back to the AU

I wouldn't be worried about missiles being aimed at a fleet of the coast of nth k. The M61A1 20mm Vulcan Cannons that the USN ships carry are more than capable of dealing with anit ship missiles. And the AEGIS style cruisers are more than capable with dealing with a nuke.

That said, the general public (who votes governments into power in western countries) doesn't seem to understand the importance of dealing adequately with rogue states.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #82
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
SAS possibly.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #83
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Think about this one Mr. Secretary of Defence:

Lets say that America decide to rock up to North Korea's front door with an Army big enough to over throw Kimmy, They would ofcourse need to pull men out of Iraq and then start amassing a landing force either hidden away on the coast of North Korea or over the border in South Korea...
Firstly, its a Logistics nightmare. Secondly any sudden troop movements to anywhere near NK will send warning bells off to that unstable deprived-of- love-and matchbox-cars-as-a-child-so-called-leader and he doesnt need nukes to stop a US invasion, just a couple of AA Missiles and LRBM's aimed squarley at the landing fleet, to which ofcourse the US retaliate with more Missiles and then God knows what will happen.

I'd love to see a covert force go into the heart of NK and assasinate the bastard as long as there is no proof of what happend, there is no one to point fingers at etc. C'mon SAS..you can do it boys!

Although that leaves NK either ****ed off or thankful and then ofcourse the response from them...to many question marks in itself.
He wouldn't get any LRBM's off the ground, this wwould be one of the many first target's the yanks would hit hard on a first strike.

Possibly but that'd be a bit obvious, pay one of the next generals inline to knock him off or overthrow him. A $5o million offer from the yanks would probally have a few of them licking there lips asking when can i shoot, of course in return for the complete dismissal of their nuke arms program.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #84
red_hotxr6
Banned

They are talking about it on foxtel at the moment, apparently china are really ticked off.N.K only wants to hold talks with the U.S.A, no one else.I wonder if there is any one in N.K who can run the country if Kimmy was 'to take a leave of absence".
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #85
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
One thing u are forgetting is that wars are not faught with manpower anymore, he with airplanes and trans-continental missiles shall be the winner (considering that the US has over half of the worlds fighter jets, that makes them somewhat, um, favourites!!)
This is true... wars are not fought with manpower - but how are they "won"?

Case in point... Iraq. The country was softened and invaded with planes and tanks. But there's a lot of coalition troops dying on the ground now.

It's the occupation where troop counts actually mean something. Let's face it... you dont blow the hell out of a country and then fly home. No - you put men on the ground and you occupy it.

And its been a while since someone tried to occupy a country with a million man standing army.

I dont see anyone firing shots at NK for some time....
Old 10-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #86
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
I wouldn't be worried about missiles being aimed at a fleet of the coast of nth k. The M61A1 20mm Vulcan Cannons that the USN ships carry are more than capable of dealing with anit ship missiles. And the AEGIS style cruisers are more than capable with dealing with a nuke.

That said, the general public (who votes governments into power in western countries) doesn't seem to understand the importance of dealing adequately with rogue states.
I agree totally there is so many weak wristed people around that cry every time war happens but in reality we need to protect our rights and the only way sometimes to do it is war,The USA is our only hope of surviving the next 50years with out them you and i wouldn't be enjoying this forum
If the loud general public have there way we will all line up at the beach giving free head jobs to anyone that wants to take our country or threaten our life sytle

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #87
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by exrtnz
aahh no, they are doing nothing wrong , but they really should have finished the hisbollah off and stayed in Lebanon.

I agree. I don't think Israel has done anything other than defend itsself. To all you lefties who love to blame Israel for everything in the Mid East, ask yourselves, has Israel ever stated that it wants to "wipe the Palestinians and the Arab world off the map" or "drive them into the sea"? These are the words constantly coming out of lunatic groups/countries like Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran and Syria and they always act on it then blame Israel for retaliating. Geez, for people supposed to be "against" aggression, you sure have your views mixed up!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #88
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
They are talking about it on foxtel at the moment, apparently china are really ticked off.N.K only wants to hold talks with the U.S.A, no one else.I wonder if there is any one in N.K who can run the country if Kimmy was 'to take a leave of absence".
All this talk of bombs, bigger bombs, armies, warships, when all that is needed is one small bullet.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #89
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are these guys for real. What is the point of a Nuke. its all good say my Bombs are bigger than yours but whats the point if they use them.

We are all ******. :lookedat:
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #90
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
Are these guys for real. What is the point of a Nuke. its all good say my Bombs are bigger than yours but whats the point if they use them.

We are all ******. :lookedat:
the point is self protection if people don't arm up and there neibours do they are history
Dog eat dog world
maybe you would like to speak japanesse

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post