Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #61
MAV50L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Loving this match.

Memo to NSW: You're suppose to play football too, not just fight;)

They didnt even fight that good.
Totally pathetic.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #62
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Notice how Gould starts putting the acid on NSW before full time,
you don't see that when Queensland has a bad night
(which is rare these days.. )

jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #63
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Well done to Qld, too classy.
Old 17-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #64
rodderz

Great game to watch. Plenty of good plays (well QLD anyway), and some good biffo too. It's what AFL lacks these days, those few fights in tonights games would of resulted in the entire team being reported for a melee or threatening voilence then copped a fine as well for a brawl. Tonight's ref's forget the fight and report the guy for the spear tackle which was the more dangerous. Fair enough too, leave them have their little argey bargey, it makes for good viewing and part of the game.

Folau and Inglis played great, if Hunt has still been there it could of been an AFL whitewash lol. Sam Thaiday is a machine too, good team mate to have around as well
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #65
234FPV

Im a disappointed blues supporter. Great play by qld with good game plans. Nsw did not seem to have any game plan at all? Maybe time for a better coach i reckon. And that spear tackle should have been a send off for sure. The best part of the game was the good old biff.
234FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #66
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MARROONS legends doubted the future of origin on the cusp of 3 or 4 straight losses when the blue were last on their series winning streak... they knew no pain then how NSW players/coaches/supporters feel now after 5 straight losses with little hope for the future.. This qld winning sequence may end up being 2nd only to stgeorges dominince in 11 straight premierships...
Origin now seems like a dead concept..
And as for those that think of my negativity.. im a mad blues supporter but faith in the concept and with little hope in the future Origin is just not what it use to be..
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #67
rodderz

Maybe not, it seems qld still has the origin taste. NSW need to regroup, make changes and sort their selectors/staff out and once better plays have been made the interest will be back.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #68
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even for queensland supporters... some may be feeling that the concept is just not the same when one team has it all over the other team that it become a bit predictable and boring... the fights saved this game... I just would love a series to be close or even just challenging queensland...
Old 17-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #69
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Mal SmellyFinger and Hagan thru JT and Locky carved up the out of postion Hayne.
well he was in position tonight and sweet FA. I reckon Hanye is a bit of a choker when the big games are on the line. Didn't do too much in the GF last year either. There is a reason Slater is the national no.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Notice how Gould starts putting the acid on NSW before full time,
you don't see that when Queensland has a bad night
(which is rare these days.. )

Yes, and I think that is why he won't coach NSW at the moment. He can see what he would have to work with. Bellamy is a great coach, no doubt about it. The one thing Gould would love to have in any NSW side is passion, and that is what the NSW selectors don't get; that QLD passion for Origin was brewed over years of having our own players used against us until 1980. QLD has had black days in Origin and will again. It's just our time right now so I am going to soak it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
Even for queensland supporters... some may be feeling that the concept is just not the same when one team has it all over the other team that it become a bit predictable and boring... the fights saved this game... I just would love a series to be close or even just challenging queensland...
NUP wrong buddy... I could never.....NEVER get sick of watching the Maroons flog NSW! Love it. I think this is the other difference between Qld and NSW in Origin. Even when we lose, we still love the rivaly. Before this streak I had to endure text messages etc for the NSW series wins before our run since 2006, and I did that because I bever lost faith in the Qld side to turn it around. As an example they were advertising reduced priced tickets to the 2 games in Sydney this year on the Footy Show before game 1, and Game 2 sold out in hours. Even when Qld was losing, the games were still sell-outs. That's passion. When your FOGs have to get up and beg your supporters to turn up, well that's NSW problem right there. Every since the first game I went to in 1987 as a 13 year old I could watch a QLD Maroon-wash every year, while the NSW selectors pick 40 odd players each year looking for an answer. Be patient, as a NSW supporter, your time will come eventually and it'll be you being all happy and us Qlders swearing and cursing. Besides, what are you going to do? Say NSW will not play Origin anymore? That would be admitting beyond doubt that Qld has the best footballers.
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 02:31 AM   #70
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hhmm.. after 3 years of blues domination i thought i remembered marroons questioning the origin format/future due to lop sided competition.. Has now been 5 years of qland domination with no sign of let up.. inglis/cronk/shillington/slater/thurston -many modern day greats...and pretty darn well set on looking like continue'ing the domination for years to come... The same cannot be said of the blues unfortuantly.. (no current greats)
One year/decade/millenium the blue might well come good.. but until then will have to eek out an existance alongside or should i say "under" this current queensland origin dynasty..
Old 17-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #71
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
hhmm.. after 3 years of blues domination i thought i remembered marroons questioning the origin format/future due to lop sided competition.. Has now been 5 years of qland domination with no sign of let up.. inglis/cronk/shillington/slater/thurston -many modern day greats...and pretty darn well set on looking like continue'ing the domination for years to come... The same cannot be said of the blues unfortuantly.. (no current greats)
One year/decade/millenium the blue might well come good.. but until then will have to eek out an existance alongside or should i say "under" this current queensland origin dynasty..
Look, the reason that NWS fails is not the players or the coach as much as the lack of support selectors have in a team that loses. Look at those three years that QLD lost, Gould said there were seven maroons from then that went on to be in the same team that flogs NSW.You have to have faith in your players and build a side with seasoned players that play with the confidence to trust each other, constantly changing the side and coach is the most destabilizing thing you can do.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #72
prydey
Rob

regardless of who you barrack for, you have to admit that QLD have a pretty special team at the moment and are making the most of it. there's a lot of talent in that team and they all seem to play well together.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #73
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

I sort of agree with HULK EF....

I did not even bother watching last night, it’s was far too predictable for me, it’s sort of like watching the same movie over and over again

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #74
Big Bird 17

Smith,slater,cronk,inglis and possibly 1 or 2 more of these players are storm players coached by bellamy for probably all of their senior footballing life.My point is, is there any play that bellamy can come up with that these players don't already know and tell their coach and qld team mates about.Maybe nsw need a new coach who does'nt have an affilliation with any other team.Oh and maybe the nsw players need to grow a set and stick up for their mates just like qld do no matter what!!
Old 17-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #75
KYSBF

I must say it is great to be a QLDer any day, a fine victory like last night just makes it sweeter!!
1 word NSW should look for the meaning of - TEAMWORK.
KYSBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #76
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #77
irlewy86
Meep Meep

What an absolutely weak effort by NSW. Queensland scored the first try and they dropped the bottom lip and gave up. Having the captain on the bench couldn't have helped but still there was a complete lack of senior leadership. They looked like a bunch of spoiled school girls out there.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #78
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
I sort of agree with HULK EF....

I did not even bother watching last night, it’s was far too predictable for me, it’s sort of like watching the same movie over and over again
well it's not surprising really. There are always those that feel this way about whatever sport there is where there is dominance from a team. There were probably people who got sick of watching Skaife, then Ambrose then Whincup win round after round at the racing during their respective dominance. Or those that stopped watching Bathurst somewhere between 1999 and 2005? Not me though. I never gave up watching bathurst. Made the win in 2006 all that much sweeter. If I'd have given up, then I wouldn't have felt the overwhelming joy when that win did come. Each to their our I guess.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #79
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
The only Queensland player I remember saying that a third game wasn't worth playing after losing the first 2 was Gordon Tallis in about 2001 or 2002 and he was universally criticized by other origin greats (on both sides) at the time for such comments, as the QLD FOGs said any chance to beat NSW was worth playing. The QLD games still sold out regardless of Qld losing a series. That is the challenge for NSW now. To continue to look for the answer. But origin will not survive if NSW puts its tail between its legs and just goes, this is all too hard. If that ends up being the case, what it means is NSW was never really cut out for Origin football, and the debate over the spiritual home of Rugby League in Australia is over.
Old 17-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #80
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

I said it last year, the year before, and before..........

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #81
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi XR8
The only Queensland player I remember saying that a third game wasn't worth playing after losing the first 2 was Gordon Tallis in about 2001 or 2002 and he was universally criticized by other origin greats (on both sides) at the time for such comments, as the QLD FOGs said any chance to beat NSW was worth playing. The QLD games still sold out regardless of Qld losing a series. That is the challenge for NSW now. To continue to look for the answer. But origin will not survive if NSW puts its tail between its legs and just goes, this is all too hard. If that ends up being the case, what it means is NSW was never really cut out for Origin football, and the debate over the spiritual home of Rugby League in Australia is over.
i thought gus had allready decided that for us! that qland is the new hom of rugby league. qland team's 5 straight / big home crowds just an example...
Old 22-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #82
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know where I can download or get a copy of the second game?

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #83
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

www.isohunt.com you can download the game. Just type in state of origin and sort by date.
Old 27-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #84
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks mate will give it a shot!

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #85
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Seems to be down today, which is weird as I've never seen this happen.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #86
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Default state of origin 3rd game

I hope NSW field their rugby league team instead of their netball team again for the 3rd game . QLD want some one to play against, not just do another training session.

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #87
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go Queensland, Smash The Blues,

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #88
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
Go Queensland, Smash The Blues,
Lucky my car is already MAROON ... sorta
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #89
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*** Yeh, Queenslander, 3 Game White Wash, You Beauty

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:04 PM   #90
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stupid mistakes again. Ennis WTF!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post