Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 17-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #61
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
at the motor plex? in perth?
nah. never been to perth :P

im talkin about calder and the freak miles reading i got (also got it on video)
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #62
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
really? Do you know what cars? When they where?
Yes I do, owner of the car is a member of the FPV/Tickford club in WA. Ran the higher MPH the same day I was racing. There's no way the car can pickup 10mph when the 60, 330 and 660 et and mph were all the same.

There's a lot to be said about cars running consistant times and being able to backup their times run after run, rather than cars that manage a one-pass-wonder. Something that can run 3 consecutive passes within 0.1-0.2 seconds and 1mph is a consistant car.

Consistancy can dispell any claims of fluke passes or timing anomolies.
Old 17-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #63
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headsex
Mine ran 13.3 @ 138miles :P
Nuff said! WGAF where it's run. Danny, would you say your car runs consistant 13.2 @ 106 mph, or would you go telling everyone it runs 13.3 @ 138mph?

Last edited by Romulus; 17-01-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #64
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T
would you go telling everyone it runs 13.3 @ 138mph?
Playing with you he knows his XR6T wont run 138mph.
Danny 2 more mph and you will be packing a chute. :evil_laug

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #65
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6 XR6T

There's a lot to be said about cars running consistant times and being able to backup their times run after run, rather than cars that manage a one-pass-wonder. Something that can run 3 consecutive passes within 0.1-0.2 seconds and 1mph is a consistant car.

Consistancy can dispell any claims of fluke passes or timing anomolies.
To true mate, consistancy just shoes what the car can do day in day out.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #66
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Playing with you he knows his XR6T wont run 138mph.
Danny 2 more mph and you will be packing a chute. :evil_laug
Yeah, I know. Although, maybe it's all in the tune :
Old 17-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #67
Bdazla
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any videos of the racing posted anywhere? ie youtube
Bdazla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:19 AM   #68
MYLO_XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QUESTION TO THE BAPHOON (typhoon) DRIVERS! Afew here would remember me at caulder....you would have seen me in your rear view mirror :P

To run low 13's, have you touched the suspension in ANY way? It doesnt seem as tho you got wheelspin at all....whilst i did???

I have been in a couple Xr8's which are practically stock, one manual and one auto....both STRUGGLE to get traction off the line? Both are low 14 second cars. If the typhoon has the same suspension setup and MORE power, why can you get the power to the ground? Does the turbo have a big lag?

Here i am giving a demo of N/A power :

Last edited by MYLO_XR6; 18-01-2007 at 01:30 AM.
MYLO_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #69
Bdazla
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYLO_XR6
QUESTION TO THE BAPHOON (typhoon) DRIVERS! Afew here would remember me at caulder....you would have seen me in your rear view mirror :P

To run low 13's, have you touched the suspension in ANY way? It doesnt seem as tho you got wheelspin at all....whilst i did???

I have been in a couple Xr8's which are practically stock, one manual and one auto....both STRUGGLE to get traction off the line? Both are low 14 second cars. If the typhoon has the same suspension setup and MORE power, why can you get the power to the ground? Does the turbo have a big lag?

No changes for me but let me tell you, the manual is very difficult to launch correctly. My first pass i bogged it. My second pass i fish tailed it all the way and then i found some even ground and only spun it a little bit. i guess having the lag does help a little but it also creates inconsistancy. A heat soaked turbo will run in the 20's (maybe a slight exageration) and then a chilled out turbo will run 12's. The turbo's vary depending on how hot they get.

one of the guys ran a 12.8 with traction control on. I'm not too sure what he ran with it off but i'm pretty sure it was in the 13's. Spin Spin
Old 18-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #70
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

i like those BA XR8 wheels you got on mylo, suits it very well
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #71
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYLO_XR6

The F6 on Dunlop’s that didn’t use traction control did have traction issues G&D F6 has a PB of 11.8, he managed 12.9 because of traction issues on factory Dunlop’s that night. (Left traction control off)
All of our suspension is stock except the above F6 which has been setup hard for cornering; this is no help for drag racing.
Yes the turbo does have lag, the manual can leave the line with some boost but 6 speed autos cant, once we see auto edit this should change.
The Bionic F6 had traction control on, full weight spare and everything left in the boot, ½ a tank of fuel managed 12.8 on factory Dunlop’s.
Good tyres for racing should be looked as a part of your modification budget there a part of package that’s needed for a good ET.
Street tyres and VHT that they spray on the track and start line don't work very well, I bet you have more traction on the street.
Get your self a couple of BA 16’’ alloys fit M/T drag radials $590 approx for the tyres plus the cost of the alloys, get some scratched ones for racing.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #72
Bdazla
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
The F6 on Dunlop’s that didn’t use traction control did have traction issues G&D F6 has a PB of 11.8, he managed 12.9 because of traction issues on factory Dunlop’s that night. (Left traction control off)
All of our suspension is stock except the above F6 which has been setup hard for cornering; this is no help for drag racing.
Yes the turbo does have lag, the manual can leave the line with some boost but 6 speed autos cant, once we see auto edit this should change.
The Bionic F6 had traction control on, full weight spare and everything left in the boot, ½ a tank of fuel managed 12.8 on factory Dunlop’s.
Good tyres for racing should be looked as a part of your modification budget there a part of package that’s needed for a good ET.
Street tyres and VHT that they spray on the track and start line don't work very well, I bet you have more traction on the street.
Get your self a couple of BA 16’’ alloys fit M/T drag radials $590 approx for the tyres plus the cost of the alloys, get some scratched ones for racing.
The manual won't leave the start line on boost either. not unless you rev it to 5500Rpm. But i could be just doing it all wrong too. hahaha. It needs more load to bring the boost on at the lower rpm's and the handbrake alone is pretty useless in the B series.
Old 18-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #73
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdazla
The manual won't leave the start line on boost either. not unless you rev it to 5500Rpm. But i could be just doing it all wrong too. hahaha. It needs more load to bring the boost on at the lower rpm's and the handbrake alone is pretty useless in the B series.

if you have a good enough clutch use your handbrake, works well.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post