Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #61
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Default Re: Anyone had their pride and joy keyd?

Dad's BAII XT sedan has a couple of scratched on the rear bumper and front bumper, as well as across the numberplate, that are clearly done on purpose. Dad parks it in a carpark in Bunbury when he works there 3-4 days a week, so someone must have decided to walk through the carpark and scratch a few cars. Doubt you would have been jealous or anything about it. It's nothing flash. I doubt the Fairmont rims and spoiler would entice someone to do that. None of the scratched have been fixed. Dad doesn't care, despite me urging him to.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #62
Dezza
Parts bin special

The day after I put the Sprint kit on my EA, it got keyed. They got it down both rear quarters, and basically the whole passenger side. The scratches are still there :(

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys
Today, I have a little dexter morgan growing inside me. My dexter hates people who are rude, arrogant, ingnorant and are disrespectful of other peoples posessions. I can feel my Dexter growing each day.
Just don't worry about the blood slides, maybe fingers instead.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #64
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine was scratched with a screw driver on the boot next to the plate by a crazed old tool in Lakes Entrance when it was only 1 month old. I caught the loon about 3 cars up laying into a Merc with A.C.T plates.. gouging away so hard there was actual metal peeling away. Luckily mine was only a scratch-X job. But sympathy to the other 15 or so cars in the lot that day, a few of us witnesses chased him but lost him in the busy street crowd so justice wasn't really done.

Most likely a bitter local hating on all the tourism in 'his' once peaceful town, but OP, I feel your pain and would bet my house that it was a feral kid or dole reaper who's simply jealous cos his battered VK doesn't exactly get the Shazzas like it used to.

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #65
BF2XR6T
now drives a FGXR6T

I remember back in 2005 my dad bought a 2002 AU3 Wagon. Nothing flash, stock wheels, stock paint, just another car in the parking lot. About a month after he bought it he parked at a local grocer and came back to find a single long scratch along the rear passengers side door.

To this day I can't figure out why anyone would key a 3 year old wagon.
BF2XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #66
zdcol71
zdcol71

Talking to my next door neighbour the other day and he's telling me he got pinged by the police for parking across the drive way.
I was totally un-sympathetic, as this is a dead- set pet hate of mine..(why should I have to walk either me ,my dog,or my kids, onto the road because some moron decides he wants to block up the public footpath). I told him as much and said I didn't have much sympathy for him, and he probably shouldn't get too worked up about it, then he goes on to tell me it's also been keyed whilst parked over said drive way!! Given my response to the "parking fine", I'm not sure he doesn't think I keyed his car.
Absolutely not, but I did say that if he didn't put himself (his car) in that situation, it probably would not have happened.
So saying that, I still can not understand ,in any circumstance, the need for anybody to key a car....but then, go figure, why anyone does a lot of dumb stuff they do.
Old 17-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #67
colliBFMKII
Starter Motor

i feel ur pain bud, didnt get keyed but some fat jerk slammed their piece of **** car door into my pride n joy whom just got it back from the crash repaires, new paint job n all. leaving a nice big marking, ****ed me off real bad
colliBFMKII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #68
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT500
I think I would get charged with man slaughter if someone comes inbetween me and my car
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #69
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if citizens arrest applies in these situations? Vandalism is an indictable offense isn't it?
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #70
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep. Nephews.
Twice.
No birthday, Easter eggs or Christmas presents for them for a good number of years. Cost me $1100.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #71
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2
I wonder if citizens arrest applies in these situations? Vandalism is an indictable offense isn't it?

yup.

but just know the law, cause they (perp) may sue you.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 01:34 AM   #72
seduced_xr
BF XR6

this is the exact reason why i take my FG to car cruises and friends houses,

car cruises i can watch it the entire time, and mates houses its sits behind roller doors and gates. any other driving i take dads FG
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #73
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
i went to school one day to come home and find out the brand new mint condition XE S-pack the parents bought, someone had drawn murals all over it, covering the whole car. a Fox on the back, an eagle on each side and a moose on the bonnet. parents came home later that day, after some quick questioning i found out they were the ones that paid to have it done it's bad to have your car keyed but when u de-face a car like that it's even worse i made her park 2 streets away from the school when she was dropping me off.
Lol, interesting folks you got there.
Old 18-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #74
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Till_Lind
Lol, interesting folks you got there.
to make it worse she had one of those talking alarms. we had a big party the day she writ it off it stood out enough without the murals, it was white with a blue vinyl roof and some like coat of arms badges of some sort on the back pillars (came like that from the factory). i seen alot of S-packs but don't remember seeing any like that in our area.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #75
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We live in a society where no one has any respect
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #76
Rodge
Banned

http://www.caradvice.com.au/146362/m...g-parked-cars/

Here's a link to that 91% of drivers don't leave a note thing I was talking about yesterday. Most of us can relax, apparently this only applies in Sydney. I'm sure its only 90% everywhere else
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #77
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
http://www.caradvice.com.au/146362/m...g-parked-cars/

Here's a link to that 91% of drivers don't leave a note thing I was talking about yesterday. Most of us can relax, apparently this only applies in Sydney. I'm sure its only 90% everywhere else
I vaguely remember seeing a study somewhere that about 75% of people won't leave a note for a parking accident .. and *coincidentally* about 75% of people are concerned that their cars will be damaged in parking accidents.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #78
BlueFG2

Even if I saw someone keying my run around au (which has it's share of dents and scratches from the previous owner) I wouldn't be able to contain myself, I'm a pretty composed guy, but the sheer principal of defacing somebody's property puts me over the edge.
BlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #79
Windsor220
Now Fordless

My sis was parking at the hospital last week and accidently cut off some guy. Was nothing major. When she got out of the car the other guy sat in his car and waited until she walked off then keyed her car.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #80
Chopped
as in chopped

That is all.
Old 18-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #81
Hood-G6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had my FG for 2 weeks when it got a shopping center dent in the drivers rear door. Only the size of a pea but on a immaculate car it makes you pretty angry. And others have said not sure if I'd want to catch someone keying my car cos I'd Probly get locked up!!! :(

For sale

ADELAIDE FG OWNERS
Hood-G6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #82
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood-G6
I had my FG for 2 weeks when it got a shopping center dent in the drivers rear door. Only the size of a pea but on a immaculate car it makes you pretty angry. And others have said not sure if I'd want to catch someone keying my car cos I'd Probly get locked up!!! :(
I park as far away as I can from other cars in a parking lot... I don't mind walking an extra 50m-100m, its worth it. People are irresponsible pigs in general.. They're so caught up in their own pathetic little bubble to consider anyone else.

I've been sitting in my car while parked and watched 2 women(separate incidents) simply scrape my car while coming out of their parking space. Both times I've had to chase them down to tell them too!! Then they act as though you're being pedantic about your car when you ask for $$ to repair it?? WTF??
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #83
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I know I'll get flamed, but here goes. There has ben a couple of times where I have seen imbisiles open their car doors up on my cars. Yes, I've fronted them politely and been told to F off over it. So my revenge has been to sink the right foot into their door.

Eye for and eye there. Now I'll wait for all the flaming over my dispicible acts of revenge

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #84
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yep had the RHR 1/4 panel on my old TE50 keyed
Old 18-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #85
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
I know I'll get flamed, but here goes. There has ben a couple of times where I have seen imbisiles open their car doors up on my cars. Yes, I've fronted them politely and been told to F off over it. So my revenge has been to sink the right foot into their door.

Eye for and eye there. Now I'll wait for all the flaming over my dispicible acts of revenge

lol, whats their response?
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #86
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:

No flaming here.

If someone told me to F off after damaging my car, theirs wouldn't have mirrors or headlights.
Old 18-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #87
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
My sis was parking at the hospital last week and accidently cut off some guy. Was nothing major. When she got out of the car the other guy sat in his car and waited until she walked off then keyed her car.
thats a tough guy year award right there.......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #88
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i'd politely kick your face in......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #89
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I personally don't see any issue with that.
Old 18-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #90
TowG220

At my work I take up two parking bays all the time and I always have other workers and boss's telling me to park in one... I just say for the safety of others it's best that I take up two bays...
I'm the 4 owner of this xf ute 3rd person been my bro and have never be used as a work ute, Not one dent in the whole car or a mark on it, now it has dents all down one sides, has been keyed too... The car when from my house to work and back again :( my Bro took his week old VE SS UTE to work one day to show a work mate (We both work at the same place) within a hour some d*#*$&#D throw coffee over it and now I take my G220 to work and I have had grease marks over it and dirty handprints all over it...
TowG220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post