Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #61
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Try over double that!!!! It is more like $5.5 k from a standard GT. So how do you get good value out of that even at $2300. Change of shockies costs about $1200 from what I have seen from some of the FPV boys in their section....
Do your research first please.

A GT with stripes is $62810. The 40th anniversary GT is $65510. Thats $2300.

For $2300 you get leather ($995), special floor mats (regular FPV ones are $210), Ipod adaptor ($84), special stripe package, special embroidered seat backs, GTP wheels with the inner blacked out, upgraded suspension settings. For $2300 is a top deal.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #62
GT-P BOSS
True Australian V8 Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
**** factor on this car is very high! Stripes and handling package which you can now option into you standard GT or F6. Remind me again why its limited again, thats right the strips. Top work Ford another dissapointment.
Totally agree I think they need to do something before the new model change other wise we will all look back and say, "remember the gt's yea and the 20 different stripe changes".

Common FPV bring us a HO and push her to 400kw even if it is a limited run at 90k let us car junkies live again. :
GT-P BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #63
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Extremely dissapointed. Extremely dissapointed. That wasn't a typo, I didn't accidentally repeat myself. I am just extremely dissapointed. No confirmation yet on power upgrade, but no denial either. But for the price I am sure there isn't one. Let down after let down, why do FPV do this to us? It's not like I'm asking much, 20kw more power FFS!

Gold stripes and re-valvled shockers which should have been in FPV from the start? Why buy an FPV do have poverty pack springs? R-spec? What a joke. If they wanted to do something decent they should have had some adjustable coil overs and adjustable front and rear sway bars. That would be something worth while. So how much will this "r spec" option cost to a regular FPV? You can get konis for $1200 and I bet they are better than these revavled jobbies.

Once again, very VERY dissapointed Ford/FPV!!!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P BOSS
Totally agree I think they need to do something before the new model change other wise we will all look back and say, "remember the gt's yea and the 20 different stripe changes".

Common FPV bring us a HO and push her to 400kw even if it is a limited run at 90k let us car junkies live again. :
400kw for $90k??? :
Id say at least $150k for that much extra engineering... IT AINT GUNNA HAPPEN.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #65
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a thought.. given the extreme water restrictions that have become reality and the ban on washing cars is now such a good time to release a Black only model?

Old 02-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #66
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

At least the Shelby GT H Mustang got an extra 18kw (and a smidge more torque) with its black and gold livery..it's a shame FPV didn't copy that bit too.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #67
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Sorry gents, but that stripe package is too over the top for mine (literally!). We're the first to make fun of "rice" modifications on Jap cars, but this is the Aussie equivalent. "Bogan" anyone?

Sheesh, I just wonder how it will look in 5 years time.

PS. I have the same colour combo on my GT, and I just can't imagine it with those big stripes over the bonnet, the roof, and down the back. Overworked.
So the XC Cobra is overworked? Stripes arent rice, massive tribal decals and alloy spoilers are rice.

I think the car looks great for what it is, yes more power would have been great, maybe more body parts etc etc but seriously, even the Force 6 & 8 arent much different to a GT, take off the spoiler and replace it with a lip spoiler and chuck on Fairlane chrome mirrors plus a red interior...

However I do beleive FPV should have put more work into this to keep up apperances from the 25th and 30th model GT's.

At least with HSV their bodykits differ from each other so you get more varity and so they actually look different. I was happy when FPV revised the F6 with something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Just a thought.. given the extreme water restrictions that have become reality and the ban on washing cars is now such a good time to release a Black only model?
Car washes are still open and use recylcled water, so IMO the black dosent make much difference.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #68
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
That is what I'm thinking of at the moment. My black XR6T needs to be washed more than once a week to look any good.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #69
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
So the XC Cobra is overworked? Stripes arent rice, massive tribal decals and alloy spoilers are rice.
What I'm trying to say is that what looked good in the 70s on a car with 70s coupe/fastback styling doesn't automatically look good in year 2007. I don't outright hate the 40th anniversary GT stripe package, I just think that its a bit overworked, that's all. There's probably a fair portion of the populace who'll think that the whole car looks downright hideous. Have to remember that we are Ford enthusiasts here on FF, so we're probably already baised to a degree.

That said, I suppose they'll stand out in a crowd, and maybe its a fitting tribute to the GT before the Orion model comes out.

Brent.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #70
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Some pics

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...ebruary/GT.htm
Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #71
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

The original Falcon Cobra was also a marketing ploy to get rid of a load of two door shells that weren't selling. I think Edsel Ford came up with the idea or something to help get rid of some cars, and it worked, people did buy them, even though they offered nothing over the normal car apart from some stripes and a badge.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #72
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not the perfect colour for super bright lights, it will look much better in normal light.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #73
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV
On another note, also related to the stripes, i looked at the Shelby GT-H, and it has the exact same stripe package as the 40th anniversary GT, the 2 stripes over the top, and the same stripe design on the side(Two thin lines surrounding one thick stripe)
Ok I retract my comment.

There is no one working at FPV besides the work experience kid who just typed GT350H into Google image search.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #74
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the promo pics looked alright but jeez under the spotlight it looks down right tacky.
2011 Audi A4 2.7 TDI - gone
2012 Audi A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe - gone
2007 FPV GT - gone
1996 EFII Fairmont Ghia - gone
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #75
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
The original Falcon Cobra was also a marketing ploy to get rid of a load of two door shells that weren't selling. I think Edsel Ford came up with the idea or something to help get rid of some cars, and it worked, people did buy them, even though they offered nothing over the normal car apart from some stripes and a badge.
I know what your saying and I know its dissapointing theres no engine upgrades (that we know off), but reverting back to the XC Cobra, if that was such a hit; and remember it had a limited run too, then I see no reason why this stripe package should fail.
As you said, at least it'll stand out in a crowd. I bet if you seen one cruising past you, you'd flip your head sideways for a second look!

Looking at those second lot of photos it looks like theres gold in the interior, look at the parcel shelf and even the dash, although it may be just reflection.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #76
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric XR6
That is what I'm thinking of at the moment. My black XR6T needs to be washed more than once a week to look any good.

Is this why your shopping :Reverend:
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #77
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

At least the R spec is heading in the right direction (3 secs a lap at Winton!! Knocking on the door of 1:42’s. Well done). It still leaves the door open for a hard-as-nails R spec II option and even quicker times. I”ll take handling over power anytime.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #78
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

It's pretty much what I expected from FPV at this time.

Money is at a premium and needs to be saved for Orion. I hope we'll be blown away in the 2nd qtr of 2008 (release of Orion March 2008 ? FPV to follow ?).

Fingers crossed.......

I think the 40th is a good looking car (so are all GT's from my point of view). If I had the money would I buy one ? Probably not.....I'd wait for Orion.

Would those people here who want a stripped out racer buy one (a stripped out race that is) ? I doubt it !

Last edited by Fordman1; 02-03-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #79
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Where does everyone get the idea the XC Cobra was a hit? Ford couldn't give them away.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #80
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Where does everyone get the idea the XC Cobra was a hit? Ford couldn't give them away.
Interesting point. The Cobra wasn't particularily successful when it was new, but they are incredibly desirable now. Have to wonder 20 to 30 years down the track, is the GT 40th anniversary going to be such a collectors item? Only time will tell

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #81
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8

Money is at a premium and needs to be saved for Orion. I hope we'll be blown away in the 2nd qtr of 2007 (release of Orion March 2007 ? FPV to follow ?).
Hah!We wish,thats now.Did you mean '08,'cause thats when we'll be seeing them.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #82
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Would those people here who want a stripped out racer buy one (a stripped out race that is) ? I doubt it !
Yup! Aluminium guards/bonnet. No sound deadening. Minimal audio. Basic (and very tight) seats.

If you are going to have a performance model (even one with a heavy high-mounted engine) it might as well perform.

If you don't think that it will sell in big numbers make it a $10k option (sell less of them to more hard core owners) and still have a hero model (look at how Porsche and Ferrari's price their optional carbon brakes, etc).
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #83
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Hah!We wish,thats now.Did you mean '08,'cause thats when we'll be seeing them.

Ooops I'm living in the past !!! Haven't got into the swing of 2007 yet.

Yeah my typo mate I mean't 2008......

Blush.............
Old 02-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #84
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Yup! Aluminium guards/bonnet. No sound deadening. Minimal audio. Basic (and very tight) seats.

If you are going to have a performance model (even one with a heavy high-mounted engine) it might as well perform.

If you don't think that it will sell in big numbers make it a $10k option (sell less of them to more hard core owners) and still have a hero model (look at how Porsche and Ferrari's price their optional carbon brakes, etc).
Would you pay 150K for it?

Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #85
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Would you pay 150K for it?
Yeah would you ?

Maybe not that much but an extra 20 - 30 grand ?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #86
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P BOSS

LOL...400kws, get ya heads out of the clouds.

And no EL GT owner cant comment about a car with **** factor.

Its funny all the negative comments come from people that either flat out dont have a clue, know nothing about how FPV or Ford operate, and also dont understand the term "model life cycle". :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 02-03-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #87
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah would you ?

Maybe not that much but an extra 20 - 30 grand ?
NOT a CHANCE in hell, 150K for a Falcon? i, like so many others would go Euro, and FPV/HSV know it.

There's no way you'll get a car like that for a mere 20-30K extra either, that's fairytale stuff. Its costs millions of dollars to prototype, test and get ADR compliance for such significant changes... and that's before you sell a single car, its too big of a risk.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #88
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

That car looks great but is very gay in every other way. I mean all they did was stuffed around with the shocks in the manual version. I mean really you think they would do a bit more for the 40th aniversary of the gt. This sucks so much
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #89
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
That car looks great but is very gay in every other way. I mean all they did was stuffed around with the shocks in the manual version. I mean really you think they would do a bit more for the 40th aniversary of the gt. This sucks so much
Have you or anyone else driven it? No.....

I will wait until a mag compares it to a standard GT on a track until I call it "sucky".

If its a second or so quicker then its worth it.

And maybe FPV did tweak the ECU and not made it public, who knows. :
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #90
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
And maybe FPV did tweak the ECU and not made it public, who knows. :
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA