Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #61
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Ive always felt anger is a by-product of not understanding or accepting something (NOT the only thing to create anger though im sure). This is the case on many levels, an example is the individual who felt it necessary to verbally abuse your wife. Because he could not understand the situation, and it interfered with the way he was conducting his day (he couldve been having a bad day, we dont know), the nominal reaction is barely conscious confusion followed by anger.
IMO, get angry by all means, just dont take it out on somebody. Because the chances are you will wonder why you did later on.
Unless youre one of the growing number of those who choose to, essentially, live in their own little world where everything must be done the way that THEY know. And if you dont then you will be subject to their anger, aka; lack of comprehension.
The best part of this is, even if theyre subject to something that conflicts with them and it hurts them, they simply do not care either way. As if they just get angry for the sake of it (a habit maybe?). And decking them doesnt get this type of person to wake up either. Kind of like a feel-sorry-for-me-when-I-cop-something-I-deserved child.

Of course theres no real broad way of explaining it. As everyone is different. The general consensus is that more and more people are having a shorter straw, however I dont think the reason behind it is so general either. I wont even speculate on that.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #62
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Because i don't like people.
Old 15-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #63
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately nothing is changing and as the world gathers more pace, people work harder are more stressed and as a result are more angry. You can only do things that are within your control and that is to not take angry people seriously, if someone has a go at you brush it off and think of the joy you have in life for being no where near as stressed as them.

It could took me a couple of years to get into this mindset, but now I am there life is just a breeze. ****ed off people only make me more happier and content with how my own life is, my stress levels are low and I honestly don't think I have even used the horn in my car yet. Bliss.
Old 16-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #64
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Read most of this and it seems the majority believe "respect for your fellow man" is what is lacking nowadays. I have to agree. Simple manners are even hard to come by, yet they cost nothing and generally leave a more valued, lasting impression.

There are many people out there that are rude and disrespectful and we encounter them throughout our days. But, I think of it like this. As much as I wish to introduce them to my friend, Mr Hickory Handle, it wouldn't be right making them the victim. Just smile, and think to yourself "the world needs idiots like you pal as it makes me feel a hell of a lot more sane and comfortable in myself knowing you're out there. Thanks. You made my day."
Then you have those that are absolute oxygen thieves that, when in the same room as you, you find it hard to breath. Ashmatic almost ........... Where's Mr Hickory when you want him?

Seriously though. I stand by my opening paragragh. What a wonderful world it would be!
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #65
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
IMO, get angry by all means, just dont take it out on somebody. Because the chances are you will wonder why you did later on.
That is so true. In my example, about 5 minutes later after I calmed down a bit, I actually felt bad and wanted to apologise to the person who wouldn't let me merge even though it was there fault and they were the agressor, I felt I had lowered myself to there level by getting angry and selfish.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #66
iliov
Banned

Dude stop being such a girl. If someone spits on you ******************** run them over. Dont ever let anyone disrespect you or the people you love.
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #67
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I couldn't agree more, and funnily enough, after going on the AFF cruise to Maleny for Australia Day, I can say without a doubt that AFF generally has the kind of people you would want to associate with on a daily basis. There is a general want to help "your fellow man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Read most of this and it seems the majority believe "respect for your fellow man" is what is lacking nowadays. I have to agree. Simple manners are even hard to come by, yet they cost nothing and generally leave a more valued, lasting impression.
We need more of THIS ^^

And less of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
Dude stop being such a girl. If someone spits on you ******************** run them over. Dont ever let anyone disrespect you or the people you love.
While I would always stick up for my family and friends, I think lowering yourself to their level diminishes any form of respect you have for yourself.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #68
stang65
FPRJET

First: sorry to hear and i hope the ********** gets bad Karma times 10.

The answer to your question is lack of respect and old fashion values that were in place to seperate humans from animals.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #69
benjames
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
The other thing I am copping at the moment is people who feel they need to comment on how I look after my wife. I get her car out of the garage if she needs it, carry her handbag if her shoulders are sore again, do all the housework, drive her to work if she can't handle it that day etc. Some people feel the need to tell me I should stop being such a 'pussie' and let my wife do stuff for herself, such as this bloke yesterday. Complete strangers. The fact she is still here, let alone making the effort to go to work in pain etc is amazing. She wouldn't let me do anything for her that she could do anyway as she is frustrated with it and wants to be better and back to 'normal'.

You are a one in a million bloke right there buddy. I reckon that it's other people's shame in thier treatment of others that makes them say things like that. That's a real husbands way of showing love to his wife, and it's her way of showing she loves you too and has faith in you. Material things pale in comparison. You show great honour to your wife which in turn makes you honourable. People get jealous. Chivalry is very powerful.

I feel or you Pinch... it's a tough world out there for us blokes that notice the sensitivities of life.

I'm in the Armed Forces, and have seen terrible things, but in essence they are just as terrible as what everyone goes through in thier lives at some point. Its only when pre-judgement gets thrown out the window when people truely understand that.

Some small quotes that have helped me cope with anger are:

- Hurt people, hurt people.
- He who angers me, controls me
- fear breeds anger
- Let God judge.

I reckon fear is the biggest cause of anger in this world. People fear when they feel they are losing control of their surroundings, and in gaining control of their surroundings they lose control of themselves.

Keep your chin up mate :voldar02: , all of us civil human beings really, really notice that you are making it a better world to live in, and we need all the help we can get. You blokes are OUR heros. The one's who do it for the greater good, not for medals.

Now in saying that, I still haven't achieved total control over my anger so I can't judge angry people. I pray for the day I have the strength to cry in sorrow for people who try to anger me.

You two have my upmost sympathy with what you are going through.

Anyways, I'm an arrogant bloke, and I shouldn't be preaching anything to anyone! so... Enjoy life, and let it enjoy you both.

P.s. This is the best thread I have read through in a long while!

Last edited by benjames; 16-02-2010 at 02:33 AM.
benjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #70
fangq

[QUOTE=Pinch]I took a deep breath, and just told the guy that if there is a problem in future maybe he should just ask them to move politely if there is a problem. I didn't want to make a scene, just wanted to get the boat off the wharf so someone else could use it. snip

Some people do have a habit of making themselves feel " better " by belittling others. It's a bit more complex than bullying, but can be dealt with in a similar way. They are so used to getting their own way by being belligerent, that they are gobsmacked when you call them out on their behaviour.
A good easy comeback is " Mate..I'm off shift and not wearing my uniform at the moment. Is that a problem with you ? " Who cares what he infers from your comment :-)

Steve
p.s even more fun " tell him he's just blundered into an undercover customs op " and to poq
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #71
DJMaRV
HardTrance an HardStyle

once wen i was leaving a car park i stoped an pointed out to a bloke that he was parking in a disabled park, he started to scream an say there was no sign, i pionted to the sign an to the ground...
well he counldnt see it an it was my fault?!...

he got a bit hostile an i had just say a few nastys an drive off....

looked back, an he wasnt movin....

i heard him earier in the shop he was after a blowup kids pool?....
some emergency?...
HDi Intercooled
TurboSmart
Earls Filter
PBR Brakes
Warlbro
DJMaRV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #72
benjames
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMaRV
once wen i was leaving a car park i stoped an pointed out to a bloke that he was parking in a disabled park, he started to scream an say there was no sign, i pionted to the sign an to the ground...
well he counldnt see it an it was my fault?!...

he got a bit hostile an i had just say a few nastys an drive off....

looked back, an he wasnt movin....

i heard him earier in the shop he was after a blowup kids pool?....
some emergency?...
Yeah, some people may really really need a blow up pool though

I think people feel they are losing control of a situation when someone else points them out to be wrong. They get irrational in an attempt to regain control because they are stressed that they dont have control over other things.

In my opinion, we all do it at some point, it's our coping mechanism that helps us.
benjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post