Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #61
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
Nice firm positive rebuttal.
It would be nice if FPV would come out and dismissed the GT-HO fairytale once and for all like HSV have done too to stop all the nonsense and speculation that continues to cloud the brand.....
It might help gain a few immediate sales from allot people sitting on the fence waiting in hope....

Old 23-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #62
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

^mcnews, You won automatically once I'd read: "I was in my completely stock standard E49 Charger... "

Interesting you say that though, the GTS-R is the very same car that allegedly (claimed by Holden) dethroned the glorious E49 R/T's 25+ year reign. If you beat one in flesh, it throws a bit of suspicion to the claim as marketing hype, which may even extend the E49's reign to up until...?? When? XR6T?

We love our Vals.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #63
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft
Interesting you say that though, the GTS-R is the very same car that allegedly (claimed by Holden) dethroned the glorious E49 R/T's 25+ year reign. If you beat one in flesh, it throws a bit of suspicion to the claim as marketing hype, which would extend the E49's reign to up until...??

We love our Vals.
Reign of exactly what? zero bathurst victories???

Old 23-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #64
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Don't start. Stock standard the E49 won virtually every comparison press test. In NZ where they actually had a race effort they won something like eight touring car championships and Ford NZ lured Moffat and the HO over to try and beat them but failed. Here they did nothing because they didn't really try to do anything. A lot of people hold the HO as the holy grail, plenty of others hold something lighter and faster as the holy grail of home grown Aussie muscle cars. And it was actually Aussie as the engine, gearbox and diff were just not imported from overseas but made right here in Australia :-)
Old 23-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #65
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Fastest qtr mile times 4Vman. Bathurst victories are great and all, but aren't the be all end all. Personally I'd say a very lengthy and thorough dominance of tight technical NZ tracks and a long dominance of a few Aussie tracks, as well as numerous Targa achivements would be just as impressive - ala E49, Godzilla, Sierra Cosworth.

EDIT:

The engine block was American (or at least at first), and the carbs were Italian..

...and that's about it. With Leo Geoghehan behind the wheel I'd put the Aussie content at 110%. What other car can claim that?
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post