Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #61
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

If they did, the reasons to do so would be pure marketing, as much as you and a certain fan of 4 valve heads swear black and blue that it's the way of the future. My hea dis swimming right now, but believe me the cons of such a change far outweigh the negligible pros. Besdies they only just announced anotehr family of engines, the lxwhatever. I ight be wrong about the name though.

Last edited by Kamshaaft; 24-02-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 24-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #62
Kamshaaft

Iworded the first bit a bit ********. anyway, im buggered in teh head. Ford won't have the same cons though. What's upcoming from Ford will be EXCITING.[B]
Old 24-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #63
damoose

All I can say is thank god for HSV
cause without HSV we would not have FPV
And all this POWER
Poor old Evan Green Must be turning in his grave..
Old 24-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #64
Kamshaaft

That's exaclty they way I think of it (though in other areas FPV cross shops with the lieks of BMW also).
Old 24-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #65
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I think Coyote will increase FPV sales by attracting people back to the brand far more than hurting HSV sales...
I think allot of people bought other brands (other than HSV) when the media killed the image of the BOSS motor (and unjustly)...
With a V8 that attracts more favorable media reporting i think FPV's sales will get a decent progressive sales ramp up over an 18-24 month period after its released...

The Media killed the image of the current Boss motor? Well if that is truely your belief then I think you need to ask why? Sounds a bit too simplistic and conspiracy theorist for my liking. The Coyote motor will stand or fall on its own merit pure and simple, blaming the media for a poor review is just sour grapes imo.

Cheers Mick
Old 24-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #66
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose
All I can say is thank god for HSV
cause without HSV we would not have FPV
And all this POWER
Poor old Evan Green Must be turning in his grave..

Yes I think we are very lucky to be living in these times.

Cheers Mick
Old 24-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #67
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I would personally rather not see a SC coyote. I would much rather see a tough NA one that can equal or better the current boss. If there is a SC version all HSV need to do is put the charger on their V8 that they already have in pommy land and BAM instant FPV beater. I can just hear the HSV boys sniggering in the pub "they had to put a charger on it to beat us..........."

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
Old 24-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #68
irlewy86
Meep Meep

As if any manufacturer would admit they're afraid of another competitors product ever. HSV will continue to build cars with good sales for the immediate future with or without FPV/Coyote/I6T/Pursuit.

I think the only group of people who are scared are the fanboy motoring gossip coloumists who have invested years of emotional lust into the lions den and will now have to take a big bite of the humble pie when FPV deliver a drivetrain that will be universally admired.
Old 24-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #69
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Every one talks about the Euro whatever that FPV have to meet but HSV have to meet them as well, it's got to come to a point where running a large push rod motor just wont cut the mustard emissions wise.
Old 24-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #70
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL
I would personally rather not see a SC coyote. I would much rather see a tough NA one that can equal or better the current boss. If there is a SC version all HSV need to do is put the charger on their V8 that they already have in pommy land and BAM instant FPV beater. I can just hear the HSV boys sniggering in the pub "they had to put a charger on it to beat us..........."
I think you are going to see a tough N/A engine but do the HSV boys snigger in the pub about the blower thats on the inline six?
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 24-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #71
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20btt
Do you think HSV is going to dump the Stone age engine for some thing that will actually be sophisticated?
That stone age engine is better imo than any Ford/FPV offering...

Throw a tune, cams, intake and full exhaust on an LS and you have big power. Try doing that with a Boss motor..

My mate has a VY Calais with the above mods, 400rwhp.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 24-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #72
HSE2

Back on topic guys, painful as it might be
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 24-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #73
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL
New challengers come and go, so I doubt the HSV fanboys will be too uncomfortable. They see their own models become redundant annually as the new ones come on line with more performance.
Old 24-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #74
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
Sorry but i fail to see why Holden drivers are called bogans when in the feral ute ranks 85% of utes are fords.

and isnt a coyote a from of dog if so does that relate to what the new ford v8 will be like?

and i very much doubt fpv will release a s/c model.
Ahh, but that Coyote always shopped at Acme, Ford Oz is shopping at Ford US.
Old 24-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #75
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
What worries me is that you either knew where to find that photot. Or worse still you already had in your files

Glad you liked it.
Infact borrowed it from another post ages ago.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 24-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #76
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Glad you liked it.
Infact borrowed it from another post ages ago.
Pigs freckle.....

You took that photo just the other day through the flight deck peep hole into the galley just before ToD KFSO. Go on admit it.....
Old 24-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #77
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That Harding is an arrogant little p rick. Comparing a HSV to an Audi or BMW is just laughable. I'm not sure if anyone remembers, when VE was launched Holden admitted that it was designed and based upon a 2000 Model BMW 528i. Only they refined it. How many years this car was being developed (the Beemer) pre launch I dont know. But it would have been a few year old design.

Couldn't set their own benchmark, they used someone elses. This was openly admitted. I was a Holden fan, but I bought a new Ford ute in 2003 because I felt it was better work vehicle and the Holden dealer I spoke to originally p!$&^d me off. I bougth a new VY II Berlina wagon in 2004. Comparing the 2 cars, the Ford was som much better. It drove better, handled better, was more comfortable and had more power. It was also alot smoother. Oh yeah, the ute was $20k cheaper than the wagon.

When ever I had an issue with Ford (hardly ever) it was addressed immediately. I even a new clutch under warranty. The Holden however, had no end of issues from ABS that failed (car was only 2 weeks old) to it trying its hardest to vibrate itself to pieces. Holden dealers (4 in total) tried to help agreeing the was a major problem with the car. However, Holdens solution was to loosen the exhaust, start and run the car, then retighten it.

When that failed, obviously there was nothing wrong with car. We had an engineer from head office (allegedley) come out and see the car. He said that the new VZ vibrates, its the way we build them : so there is nothing wrong with our car. (despite being a different engine to the VZ).

Again, there goes that Holden arrogance. I got it from a dealer, a head engineer, and now this Harding fool. Holden is breeding so much contempt towards the people who buy their cars. I wonder how long it will take for others to start waking up to this company and its complete disregard for the people who buy thier cars.
Old 24-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #78
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
That Harding is an arrogant little p rick. Comparing a HSV to an Audi or BMW is just laughable. I'm not sure if anyone remembers, when VE was launched Holden admitted that it was designed and based upon a 2000 Model BMW 528i. Only they refined it. How many years this car was being developed (the Beemer) pre launch I dont know. But it would have been a few year old design.

Couldn't set their own benchmark, they used someone elses. This was openly admitted. I was a Holden fan, but I bought a new Ford ute in 2003 because I felt it was better work vehicle and the Holden dealer I spoke to originally p!$&^d me off. I bougth a new VY II Berlina wagon in 2004. Comparing the 2 cars, the Ford was som much better. It drove better, handled better, was more comfortable and had more power. It was also alot smoother. Oh yeah, the ute was $20k cheaper than the wagon.

When ever I had an issue with Ford (hardly ever) it was addressed immediately. I even a new clutch under warranty. The Holden however, had no end of issues from ABS that failed (car was only 2 weeks old) to it trying its hardest to vibrate itself to pieces. Holden dealers (4 in total) tried to help agreeing the was a major problem with the car. However, Holdens solution was to loosen the exhaust, start and run the car, then retighten it.

When that failed, obviously there was nothing wrong with car. We had an engineer from head office (allegedley) come out and see the car. He said that the new VZ vibrates, its the way we build them : so there is nothing wrong with our car. (despite being a different engine to the VZ).

Again, there goes that Holden arrogance. I got it from a dealer, a head engineer, and now this Harding fool. Holden is breeding so much contempt towards the people who buy their cars. I wonder how long it will take for others to start waking up to this company and its complete disregard for the people who buy thier cars.
welcome to the world of Ford where cars are bought because they are good cars not because they have some ****tacular bodykit/vent/grille/insert/lights/steering wheel/loud noise. I havn't liked any of holdens' offerings I have always found them inferior checked out a VE just to see what it was like and in my opinion the interior in my AU crapped all over it despite the fact that it is so much older - told the dealer I will stick with it because the interior is nicer and I thought his head was going to explode! I just pictured the phrase in my mind "damn you fomoco bettered again" going around in his head. Also it has to be said that the dealership seemed to be of the opinion the holdens they were selling were the ducks guts and nothing can hold a candle to it. This arrogant stance to your own product makes you appear so far up yourself you need to unbutton your shirt to take a look around if you get my meaning. People must fall for this smoke and mirrors thing tho and swallow the arrogance from the dealer as gospel cause he said it and he believes it or else they wouldn't do it.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 24-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #79
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
welcome to the world of Ford where cars are bought because they are good cars not because they have some ****tacular bodykit/vent/grille/insert/lights/steering wheel/loud noise. I havn't liked any of holdens' offerings I have always found them inferior checked out a VE just to see what it was like and in my opinion the interior in my AU crapped all over it despite the fact that it is so much older - told the dealer I will stick with it because the interior is nicer and I thought his head was going to explode! I just pictured the phrase in my mind "damn you fomoco bettered again" going around in his head. Also it has to be said that the dealership seemed to be of the opinion the holdens they were selling were the ducks guts and nothing can hold a candle to it. This arrogant stance to your own product makes you appear so far up yourself you need to unbutton your shirt to take a look around if you get my meaning. People must fall for this smoke and mirrors thing tho and swallow the arrogance from the dealer as gospel cause he said it and he believes it or else they wouldn't do it.
LOL, i agree with that. The dealer that got me had the hide to call the I6 a dinosaur (when I mentioned I was going to look at the Ford) and rant about how bad a product it was, without ever telling what was so much better about theirs. What a joke. The comparison at the time:

BA: double overhead cam, variable cam timing, 182 kw
Vy II: pushrod V6, 152 kw.

I nearly laughed at him. Anyway, 1 week of annoying calls daily from this idiot about buying the ute, I had enough. I said to him over the phone, you made my mind up for me. I'm going to buy the Ford. He was not happy.
Old 24-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #80
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh, almost forgot, this salesman tried telling me on numerous occasions that they don't have to compete with Ford. He even sounded like he believed it. I obviously thought otherwise.
Old 24-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #81
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Pigs freckle.....

You took that photo just the other day through the flight deck peep hole into the galley just before ToD KFSO. Go on admit it.....
LOL, I would have thought ToD VTBS. sorry for going o/t.
Old 25-02-2010, 05:09 AM   #82
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
You need to check your facts.

Even a simple check of the HSV website will reveal that HSV is a joint venture between Holden (GM) and Tom Walkinshaw Racing.

So therefore it is Holden's performance car division.

Your comment is like saying that FPV is not Ford of Australia's performance car division. By your theory it is not because it is partly owned by Prodrive.
Last time I looked I could find no evidence of any Holden ownership of HSV - and this was about 6 months ago.

If you have such, please let me know.

A "Joint Venture" is not the same as saying "Holden's".

FPV is IIRC 49% Ford Owned, and as such can be called "Ford's".

This is why most car mags list HSV seperate, but FPV is listed under Ford.

Again, I'll stand corrected - with some proof,

HSV is not "Holden's"
Old 25-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #83
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Quote:
I think you need to get your head out of the sand Holden lover :
Old 25-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #84
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Sorry but i fail to see why Holden drivers are called bogans when in the feral ute ranks 85% of utes are fords.

and isnt a coyote a from of dog if so does that relate to what the new ford v8 will be like?

Get back under your bridge troll :
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 25-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #85
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Pigs freckle.....

Sssssshhhhhh, you're gonna get me in trouble with Bruce, Wan, Chen, Nguyen, Dow and Lee. You should hear them say "yes" together; we have to check we don't have a pneumatic leak somewhere - "Yessssssssssssssss".

Quote: