Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-03-2016, 01:31 AM   #61
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Default Re: Anyone with a bad back?

I have nerve damage at T12 L1 and have been having nerve blocks (they are last resort as nothing else works) for the last 15 or so years, when I started it was once a fortnight but have eventually got to every 3 months - in fact next one due 14 april. If I stop, then I will stop walking in about 18 months or so.

Just about everything causes a drama, but I've had this injury over 25 years now, so you just get used to dealing with it. Very occasionally my back will go into complete rigid spasm and I can't move my torso at all - luckily it has only happened 3 times so far, when it does i have to take the same drugs given to cerebral palsy patients (these are very uncool to take).

On the plus side it got me a cripple sticker lol, everyone's friend when parking spaces are at a premium

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #62
AAXR8

I also suffered A Major Injury And Back Pain to!
My accident was 2009 and I bulged a disk but the side of it tore,
So all the goodness off the disk came out and it Jammed the S1 Nerve Also!!
I don't need to mention the PAIN or TABLETS because it sounds like We all go through the Same thing!
I had Surgery in 2012 and had a Titanium Disk Replacement-L5!
Was Suppose to be a 80-90% Success rate!
My luck I was the 10-20% were it Didn't Work!
And the Pain is Worse! My biggest Problem is I cannot Twist or Bend or do anything really and I'm 33! My S1 is Damaged and a lot of other Nerves are also!
I saw the Pain Clinic Last week and he Said I was at the End of the Road!
Nothing else they Can do for the Pain or My Back because I have done nearly everything!
But I will keep Looking, But it helps knowing that Others Face what I am going through and I hope I can ask some Questions to you Guys!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

Last edited by AAXR8; 27-03-2016 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Change
AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #63
cram_it_frog
wombat

with the disabled parking permits I love the looks I get when I get out of the car ,

I had one bloke report me to local police he said nothing wrong with me

the cop came to my house and said may be the guy needs help seeing because there is a big blue permit displayed correctly lol

what most people do not reaize is only 20 to 30 percent of the permits given are for paras the rest is back problem stroke amputee and many other problems related to mobility

I turned 61 yesterday and I started getting back pain around the age of 17

I just make the best of what I have got and learned to just move on life is far too short

happy easter every one

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #64
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Happy Easter cob.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 AM   #65
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim View Post
Ive been going to chiropractors for the past 30 plus years.. if Chiros are that bad.. im lucky to be alive then huh?.. have a good think of this.. how many patients, have you heard of dying thru chiropractic practices, and how many patients have you heard of, dying thru mis-diagnosis, wrong medication given, or thru unnecessary surgery?? Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, and Doctors ALL have their place in society, YOU just make sure you go to the right person, for the right sort of treatment, and keep an open mind, dont let someone elses fears of Chiros, influence your better judgement.. cheers..
Do some research on the techniques Chiros are now trained to use. Then look up the stories of people having everything from nothing....to being paralysed after Chiro!

Just because some have no issues with a method over the years, doesn't mean it doesn't need to be adapted over time! It's actually common sense that continually cracking your spine in and out of place is bad for that joint! Look at people who crack their fingers all the time......arthritis!
Stopping it from popping out in the first place would seem preferable right?

Of the 3 or 4 chiros I've had contact with in the recent years......they all are moving away from simply cracking and moving on! Stretches,,,,,phisio routines....manipulation are amount many things they prioritise before old school back cracking!
But each to their own. It's not for me tho!
After studying the spinal column before my disc lesion surgery.....it now makes me sick thinking about flippant back cracking when you know where the nerves run and how your spine is constructed!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:04 AM   #66
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
with the disabled parking permits I love the looks I get when I get out of the car ,

I had one bloke report me to local police he said nothing wrong with me

the cop came to my house and said may be the guy needs help seeing because there is a big blue permit displayed correctly lol

what most people do not reaize is only 20 to 30 percent of the permits given are for paras the rest is back problem stroke amputee and many other problems related to mobility

I turned 61 yesterday and I started getting back pain around the age of 17

I just make the best of what I have got and learned to just move on life is far too short

happy easter every one
They place a HEAVY emphasis in mobility or walking aids to gain the parking permit! Almost impossible without. I doubt anyone would even be able to get a permit unless they needed these aids!

So just look for a walking aid before the tomatoes get thrown...
Old 01-04-2016, 11:22 AM   #67
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
They place a HEAVY emphasis in mobility or walking aids to gain the parking permit! Almost impossible without. I doubt anyone would even be able to get a permit unless they needed these aids!

Not in NSW.

A few years ago my Wife had open heart surgery along with a double bypass.
We then got a letter from the RMS that she was eligible for a Disabled permit.

She didn't take up the offer, although it would be handy at times
Old 01-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #68
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do some research on the techniques Chiros are now trained to use. Then look up the stories of people having everything from nothing....to being paralysed after Chiro!

Just because some have no issues with a method over the years, doesn't mean it doesn't need to be adapted over time! It's actually common sense that continually cracking your spine in and out of place is bad for that joint! Look at people who crack their fingers all the time......arthritis!
Stopping it from popping out in the first place would seem preferable right?

Of the 3 or 4 chiros I've had contact with in the recent years......they all are moving away from simply cracking and moving on! Stretches,,,,,phisio routines....manipulation are amount many things they prioritise before old school back cracking!
But each to their own. It's not for me tho!
After studying the spinal column before my disc lesion surgery.....it now makes me sick thinking about flippant back cracking when you know where the nerves run and how your spine is constructed!
I think it's got to do with what is wrong with the person as to what to do.

I have had the new age morons that just play around with you, my Mum and Dad thought this bloke was the best, so I went to him and then went to my normal dude the next day or two who gets into you, then went back to this dude and he said someone has sorted you out and I just said no one has and he was sure that I did ? now this bastard was going to leave me out of work for 4 to 5 weeks or so fiddling about with me, I can't afford that crap and in 3 weeks I was working again.
I have worked out what's best for me in 30 years of dealing with such people on a regular bases.

That bastard was ripping off my Mum and Dad for years, my Dad had lost near 3 inch in height all of his disc were gone and found out that his bones were failing, if he knew this 10 years before they could of helped stop the degeneration of the bones, and it was went he changed doctors that this one found it out.

The only thing I regret is that I should of given up my job 10 years ago and never should of pushed myself so hard, being self employed I had to go for it. But now I support unionisation of the total Building industry absolutely, it's the only way because no one gives a toss about anyone who is in it from my 40 years experience, it's only dog eat dog and total backward moronic attitudes.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #69
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Look at people who crack their fingers all the time......arthritis!
this is an old wive's tale, as disproven by Dr Donald Unger ( & others) - http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...rack-research/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE

Rubbish. The main criteria is if you are able to walk a certain distance without pain. I dont need a walking aid but I sure as eggs do have pain when I walk, or stand, or drive.... and i'm sick of people whinging at me because i dont "look" disabled..... fine, YOU come & have injections in your nerves in your back every 3 months, its no big deal

The Fleet
Old 01-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #70
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Must be a few given out to your lots super 18 teams forwards the way there going backwards this year.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:06 PM   #71
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

Quote:
Anyone ever tried 'cupping'. Some chiros do it. It's basically little shot glasses on fire then put on your back at the inflamed areas. The temp change makes the glass suck the skin and so on up with a lot of pressure! It's actually really nice if you just have a sore back.....and not a chronic injury. Feels like a pack of sucker fish on your back!
A bit Like hot stones aswell!
I tried it once with my masseur, I found it did sweet FA for me but gives you some nice marks haha
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #72
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa View Post
I tried it once with my masseur, I found it did sweet FA for me but gives you some nice marks haha
When my kids were little one of them had a rattle with a sucker at the bottom which you could attach to the tray of a high chair (or a table, whatever). Used to keep the little hungry one semi-amused for five-ten minutes while you were making their dinner.

For ships and giggles I once stuck it to my forehead and when I pulled it off found the suction had broken capillaries under the skin and I now had a perfectly circular bruise in the exact middle of my forehead. Got some odd looks on the train and at work for the next few days
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #73
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
For ships and giggles I once stuck it to my forehead and when I pulled it off found the suction had broken capillaries under the skin and I now had a perfectly circular bruise in the exact middle of my forehead. Got some odd looks on the train and at work for the next few days
Reminds me of one of Gary Larsons finest
http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...q9bo1_1280.jpg
Old 02-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #74
cram_it_frog
wombat

if you think some one is illegally parked in a disabled spot

The procedure for reporting people who you think are not eligible for a disabled sticker is not to talk or interfere with that person that is assault.

The thing to do is get the rego and sticker number and description and report that to the police

they will then act upon this

If more people did this less people who do not require a permit so genuine people can use the spots

any way summer is gone and i know many of the people who have major back and joint problems are not looking forward to a cold winter

so take care and look after your selves and do not push your selves

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #75
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
this is an old wive's tale, as disproven by Dr Donald Unger ( & others) - http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...rack-research/

Rubbish. The main criteria is if you are able to walk a certain distance without pain. I dont need a walking aid but I sure as eggs do have pain when I walk, or stand, or drive.... and i'm sick of people whinging at me because i dont "look" disabled..... fine, YOU come & have injections in your nerves in your back every 3 months, its no big deal
What's with all the hate lady? If you want a ****ing contest.....I have chronic groin/back pain so bad it's worse then multiple child births at once......every day! I'd LOVE spinal injections but they need the location of injury/problem or that's not an option!(amount other things)

As for you saying RUBBISH to needing a walking aid......here's the excerpt from my disability parking permit application .....

"To be eligible for an Australian Parking permit......
1. Be unable to walk and ALWAYS require the use of a wheelchair or walking aid;or
2. Have their ability to walk severely restricted by a 'permanent' medical condition or disability;or
3. Have their ability to walk severely restricted by a 'temporary' medical or disability.

A 'temporary' medical condition or disability must be of at least 6 months duration and certified by a doctor..."
(Road use management) act 1995 s65

As for my eg.....my permit application was knocked back because my walking brace sticks wearnt ready yet. I couldn't walk anywhere without them and had to reapply as soon as I got them. Bingo. Sucsessful application.
So Rubbish yourself!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #76
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
As for you saying RUBBISH to needing a walking aid......here's the excerpt from my disability parking permit application .....
And here's a quote from the Australian Disability Parking Scheme (Australia wide)...
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/usin...yParkingScheme

"To be eligible for a Mobility Parking Scheme permit, you must have a disability. This is defined by legislation as someone:

Who is unable to walk due to the permanent or temporary loss of use of one or both legs or other permanent medical or physical condition, or

Whose physical condition is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres, or

Who requires the use of crutches, a walking frame, callipers, scooter, wheelchair or other similar mobility aid.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:54 AM   #77
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Would you getcortizone/nerve block needles in your balls?

But mostly I think it's sad that this thread appears to be now full of misinformed people who think disabled permits don't require heavy mobility issues or reliance on walking aids! Simply due to bias against other forum members!
Id suggest ignoring advice from people with things like a sore big toe, and research it yourself so you know exactly where you really sit in regards to if you meet the requirements.... More people need to READ the links!
Do you mean the bit that says Whose physical condition is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres, just above my other post?
Old 03-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #78
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
Must be a few given out to your lots super 18 teams forwards the way there going backwards this year.
In order for the forward pack in that team to have back problems they'll need spines first.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #79
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

*sigh* ok, since you asked....
Quote:
What's with all the hate lady? If you want a ****ing contest.....I have chronic groin/back pain so bad it's worse then multiple child births at once......every day! I'd LOVE spinal injections but they need the location of injury/problem or that's not an option!(amount other things)
I have no hate, and CBF to enter any peeing contests with anyone. I do though wonder how a man would have any idea what childbirth actually feels like.

Quote:
I think it's sad that this thread appears to be now full of misinformed people who think disabled permits don't require heavy mobility issues or reliance on walking aids! Simply due to bias against other forum members!
I think having a back & mobility issue, and a parking permit means perhaps I am informed on these issues too, and eligible to post. I have no idea what bias you are referring to either, where was that?

Quote:
"To be eligible for an Australian Parking permit......
1. Be unable to walk and ALWAYS require the use of a wheelchair or walking aid;or
2. Have their ability to walk severely restricted by a 'permanent' medical condition or disability;or
3. Have their ability to walk severely restricted by a 'temporary' medical or disability.

A 'temporary' medical condition or disability must be of at least 6 months duration and certified by a doctor..."
(Road use management) act 1995 s65......
Numbers 2 & 3 make no reference to a walking aid or wheelchair, and are preceeded by "or". Perhaps "More people need to READ the links!"- properly.

Quote:
As for my eg.....my permit application was knocked back because my walking brace sticks wearnt ready yet. I couldn't walk anywhere without them and had to reapply as soon as I got them. Bingo. Sucsessful application.
So Rubbish yourself!
And so? You need them but I dont. I've had a permit for over 20 years. I was rubbishing your assertion that mobility aids were necessary, not any issues you may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
And here's a quote from the Australian Disability Parking Scheme (Australia wide)...
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/usin...yParkingScheme

"To be eligible for a Mobility Parking Scheme permit, you must have a disability. This is defined by legislation as someone:

Who is unable to walk due to the permanent or temporary loss of use of one or both legs or other permanent medical or physical condition, or

Whose physical condition is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres, or

Who requires the use of crutches, a walking frame, callipers, scooter, wheelchair or other similar mobility aid.

yes thanks for the link Gas ... no mention of "must have" there.... obviously RMS dont have a clue either, or my GP, or my specialists.......

The Fleet
6 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #80
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
*sigh* ok, since you asked....

I have no hate, and CBF to enter any peeing contests with anyone. I do though wonder how a man would have any idea what childbirth actually feels like.

I think having a back & mobility issue, and a parking permit means perhaps I am informed on these issues too, and eligible to post. I have no idea what bias you are referring to either, where was that?

Numbers 2 & 3 make no reference to a walking aid or wheelchair, and are preceeded by "or". Perhaps "More people need to READ the links!"- properly.

And so? You need them but I dont. I've had a permit for over 20 years. I was rubbishing your assertion that mobility aids were necessary, not any issues you may have.

yes thanks for the link Gas ... no mention of "must have" there.... obviously RMS dont have a clue either, or my GP, or my specialists.......
I never claimed you "couldn't" get a permit without a walking aid.....all I said...if you read my comments properly, was that they put "heavy emphasis" on people who rely on walking/mobility AIDS. That's from MY experience and was only a few years ago. Also from other people's situations that I've met aswell.

And as I mentioned....I was knocked back simply because I didn't use a walking aid. As soon as mine arrived I was granted one. Despite very limited non assisted walking!
Perhaps it's changed the last 20 years, because to me it makes common sense anyway, that most people who struggle with mobility, would use an AID of some sort. Otherwise every man and his dog with a sore back would get a permit.

As for my pain levels and comparing them to child birth....many of the specialists,surgeons and doctors I've talked to have been woman.....and that description was a directive from THEM to describe to others the level of pain to others, so as to gain an understanding.

Just remember...Your the one who stormed in here with the aggression. I also posted that info Directly from the application form......so it's current.....not rubbish!
Old 07-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #81
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

That didn't take long. Your back and into your same old dribble. Planning on staying here long this time ? I'll give it a week again................
3 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #82
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
I never claimed you "couldn't" get a permit without a walking aid.....all I said...if you read my comments properly, was that they put "heavy emphasis" on people who rely on walking/mobility AIDS. That's from MY experience and was only a few years ago. Also from other people's situations that I've met aswell.

And as I mentioned....I was knocked back simply because I didn't use a walking aid. As soon as mine arrived I was granted one. Despite very limited non assisted walking!
Perhaps it's changed the last 20 years, because to me it makes common sense anyway, that most people who struggle with mobility, would use an AID of some sort. Otherwise every man and his dog with a sore back would get a permit.

As for my pain levels and comparing them to child birth....many of the specialists,surgeons and doctors I've talked to have been woman.....and that description was a directive from THEM to describe to others the level of pain to others, so as to gain an understanding.

Just remember...Your the one who stormed in here with the aggression. I also posted that info Directly from the application form......so it's current.....not rubbish!
When did you get your disability permit? If I have read correctly, it was 20 years ago. Things certainly have changed in that time.

Your doctor may have mentioned your pain to be comparable to child birth, however, surely you can understand that stating this can come across as arrogant, particularly to women.

Mate, I read a lot of your posts and certainly agree with some things that you say but it may help to have a good think about how your post comes across before hitting the send button from now on.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #83
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
When did you get your disability permit? If I have read correctly, it was 20 years ago. Things certainly have changed in that time.

Your doctor may have mentioned your pain to be comparable to child birth, however, surely you can understand that stating this can come across as arrogant, particularly to women.

Mate, I read a lot of your posts and certainly agree with some things that you say but it may help to have a good think about how your post comes across before hitting the send button from now on.
I got mine about 3-4 years ago. It was Hawkgirl who mentioned 20years!

As for my pain....I personally would never normally describe a thing about its severity....but as I stated, I've been encouraged by a few Pshycologists and specialists to put it out their....and use that very comparison so the severity is not missed when in discussion!
I don't really see why comparing childbirth pain is confrontational, as it's a natural event. Im aware of the stereotypical man flu vs pregnancy in today's society but I'm most certainly not dismissing its severity.
I apolagize if it offends anyone!
Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #84
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
I got mine about 3-4 years ago. It was Hawkgirl who mentioned 20years!

As for my pain....I personally would never normally describe a thing about its severity....but as I stated, I've been encouraged by a few Pshycologists and specialists to put it out their....and use that very comparison so the severity is not missed when in discussion!
I don't really see why comparing childbirth pain is confrontational, as it's a natural event. Im aware of the stereotypical man flu vs pregnancy in today's society but I'm most certainly not dismissing its severity.
I apolagize if it offends anyone!
I really do think that you don't intentionally set out to offend but mate your posting style is at times confrontational.

I understand that you use this forum as a source of letting of steam, however, most people on this forum, including me, are strangers to you. I'm sure you wouldn't compare your pain to child birth to a group of female strangers.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2016, 10:58 PM   #85
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I really do think that you don't intentionally set out to offend but mate your posting style is at times confrontational.

I understand that you use this forum as a source of letting of steam, however, most people on this forum, including me, are strangers to you. I'm sure you wouldn't compare your pain to child birth to a group of female strangers.
You do realise that for the very same reason that women's pregnancy comands respect in our society, because of the pain and potential danger.....is the very same reason why the docs tell me to make sure people understand its severity aswell.
It's not show boating, downplaying others or anything like that. It's 100% what it appears. A description that uses a eg that everyone understands or relates too. Otherwise they would have just told me to describe my pain as 1000 bee stings!
The nerves that trigger my pain are the exact nerves triggered in pregnancy....except mine are damaged and bruised!
Yours and many others reactions are proof of what my docs mean to me!
And if you look closely....my posting style only gets blunt and confrontational when things like "your opinion is RUBBISH" start popping up. Fairs fair.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #86
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

And now that we've got all that settled, perhaps we could get back on topic please.
Old 29-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #87
beardo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I finally gave in to my wifes nagging and went to see a reputable doctor about the pain in my hips, pelvis and lower back. Couple of appointments and blood tests later turns out I have a form of arthritis and have had it for a few years. Not ideal for a 29 year old but glad to have an answer and now to start tackling it
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2016, 12:02 AM   #88
maat1985

i am 30...
i suffer from scoliosis (curved spine) at two points of my spine... major in my thorax and minor in my lumbar
i suffer from kyphosis at one (mild in my thorax)...
also buldging disc in my thorax....
am starting to develop athritis in my spine...
suffer from constant tightness and pain in all my muscles.... it has thrown out my shoulders whereby when i wake up in the morning i can barely move my arms without pinching pain and it takes a few hours of being mobile to ease it up... the pain never goes away... the tightness never goes away... it can only be manged to some extent... my problems can never be fully repaired... possibly partially repaired with suregery but maybe also things could be worse after surgery also due to how high in my spine the problems are.... i cannot sit in one position for too long... how much pain i am in varies alot from day to day... i avoid painkillers as only narcotics work and i am a reformed drug addict and do not want to become reliant on anything... the pain i suffer varies from tightness to sharp pain.. sometimes stops me from moving however most of the time i am able to push myself and do whatever i need to do and whatever i want to do and then i suffer from it later.... even laying down in bed hurts.....
maat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #89
maat1985

i am supposed to see a chiropractor atleast twice a week just to maintain full functionality in my spine.... for me it is just a matter of dealing with things and trying to slow down any progression and delay things getting worse as long as possible.....
also forgt to mention i suffer from numbness and tingling from time to time in my legs and arms due to my back issues....
i am not saying i am worse than anyone else but i have a lot of issues and i can only even begin to explain here and i have seen specialists and they all say it cannot be fixed... can only be managed and will get worse but hopefully we can slow it down....
maat1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 12:04 AM   #90
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo View Post
So I finally gave in to my wifes nagging and went to see a reputable doctor about the pain in my hips, pelvis and lower back. Couple of appointments and blood tests later turns out I have a form of arthritis and have had it for a few years. Not ideal for a 29 year old but glad to have an answer and now to start tackling it
Swimming, swimming Swimming