Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #61
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

whats next?, wheels that look like the wheel is stationary when your actually moving. I hate them so much. What is the point of it all? it has no benefeit, it looks like *** and more importantly why?
Old 06-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #62
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
I like seeing spinning hubcaps falling off a moving car.... lol
Neither set of mine fell off .....

:

:monkes:
Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #63
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

I'm going to buy 1 (one) spinning hubcap for my mothers 68th birthday. If she's good she will get one for christmas and one for mothers day. I know that is only 3 but it's a mitsi anyway. she thinks they "are pretty". I think it is time the 60 - 70 yr olds walked up to the plate and tricked up their 4 cylinder (shopping trolley dented) run-arounds.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #64
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha you gotta check out the plastic hubcap like ones. Saw one on a old camary? (sp?) the other day and i had to laugh. Also it was an old man driving it.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #65
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8 Guy
Haha you gotta check out the plastic hubcap like ones. Saw one on a old camary? (sp?) the other day and i had to laugh. Also it was an old man driving it.

that's it... she's getting plastic!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:06 PM   #66
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
I'm going to buy 1 (one) spinning hubcap for my mothers 68th birthday. If she's good she will get one for christmas and one for mothers day. I know that is only 3 but it's a mitsi anyway. she thinks they "are pretty". I think it is time the 60 - 70 yr olds walked up to the plate and tricked up their 4 cylinder (shopping trolley dented) run-arounds.
haha i agree... my folks have a lancer as a daily bucket(alongside their au 'mont)..... they like the look of mags and body kits, so have "enlisted" me to pick stuff out for it......

riced lancer here we come
Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #67
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They do look good on something like this;

To me, some can pull it off, some can't. But even if they do pull it off, like some people have mentioned here, there are safety breaches (?) and the whole roadworthy scenario.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #68
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Once a small child throws their hands in there, they'll be called slicers.
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
Old 07-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #69
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
They do look good on something like this;
Top thread-mining here..!! ;)

Big chrome wheels look good on that. Spinners only look good in pieces on the floor after I've just smashed them.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #70
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
At this point you should have pointed and laughed at his car or made a vomiting gesture.

A guy at work had the plastic chrome "Spinners" wheel covers on a very ordinary looking VN Commodore. I told him he was very sad. One fell off a couple of weeks later exposing the flat black painted stock wheel - the car suddenly looked better
lol , thats funny, would of looked even better again if the other 3 fell off too !.

I friggin hate the things , bad enough the spinny factor , but also sooooooooooooooooooo much chrome and no dish to them, they almost remind me of the old moondish/moonface mags years ago :

:eclipsee_
Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #71
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

spinning hubcaps look cheap and nasty.

as for people who say spinning rims are stupid and pointless, they are no more stupid or pointless than any other visual mod or even a thread about spinning rims being stupid!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #72
jcxr
Tribal Elder

There is now an advertizing co utilising the "spinners"
Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #73
kinksta
Luxojet

Personally, if you are in an accident and you blame the spinners on the other car you must be a ****** driver. Waa waa waa, his wheels looked like they were still moving, boo f$#@en hoo. get over it. they are a fad, look good on some cars, look crap on others. it's like a bull terrier, hate it or love it. i saw some on a XR8 this morning, i must say it looked good, he was also part of a popular ford club. i think there are much more worse things to sook about than bloody wheels that seem to mystify everyone by spinning while stopped. worse thread ever. why not ban fox tails on aerials, or anything that atracts attention. GET OVER IT!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #74
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
Personally, if you are in an accident and you blame the spinners on the other car you must be a ****** driver. Waa waa waa, his wheels looked like they were still moving, boo f$#@en hoo. get over it. they are a fad, look good on some cars, look crap on others. it's like a bull terrier, hate it or love it. i saw some on a XR8 this morning, i must say it looked good, he was also part of a popular ford club. i think there are much more worse things to sook about than bloody wheels that seem to mystify everyone by spinning while stopped. worse thread ever. why not ban fox tails on aerials, or anything that atracts attention. GET OVER IT!
I think you need to lie down for a moment... ;)

Old 07-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #75
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

There's a black 350Z up here getting around on 19" spinners...
Old 07-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #76
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive seen a blueprint BA XR8 ute around Frankston with these spinner rims/hubcaps, whatever the hell they are, older guy driving it.
He looked like he thought he was "cool" driving it, he even gave it a rev as i drove past...
Old 07-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #77
I62go
Envi BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
That happened to me a few weeks ago in the wet I was just entering a round a bout when a black BMW with spinners on it came up quick on my left and eventually stopped but the split second when I looked down at the BMW and seen the wheels still moving I dumped a load in my pants thinking the car was still coming at me at high speed before it sunk in it was these stoopid spinners
Ban them I say not only do they look like utter pigs vomit but they can be misleading on the road and may cause an accident to the elderly or a bike rider trying to take evasive action at nothing.

had same thing happened to me with a skyline, but nearly had the car behind me trying to eat my rear bumper as i jumped on the anchors i a real hurry

the blue XR8 ute around frankston is the owner (i think) from Quickfit... I see it all the time and don't like the look of them
Tinted Windows,
PPI 5ch AMP, 2x12" Kenwood Subs, 4x Directed 5x7" Speakers (Now Selling) :sm_headba
159Kw @ the Wheels
Old 07-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #78
Stylin
Carbon Nut

spinners suck ***. anyone who is silly ****f to put em on (hubcap version or not) deserves the gesture i give them....

I almost always stare at em then bend my head forward place one hand in front of my mouth and slap the back of my head with the other... ing_sm

The fad will go away if we ignore it :nutsycuck
Old 07-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #79
kinksta
Luxojet

ilie down? lie down? hehehe, nah it won't catch on here, but it is massive in america and europe. i think australia just gets a little threatened when something foreign/different comes here that could be better than what we have.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #80
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
ilie down? lie down? hehehe, nah it won't catch on here, but it is massive in america and europe. i think australia just gets a little threatened when something foreign/different comes here that could be better than what we have.
I'm not a bit threatened... I just stand by my beliefs that these wheels are a gross misuse of billet and CNC'd aluminium and those that put them on their cars deserve all the derision and snickering they get.

Sure, some people love 'em and if that's what floats your boat, good on you. But I think my opinions on them are clear, and I shall continue to shake my head in disgust whenever I see them.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #81
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
but it is massive in america and europe
I cant say Ive seen too many pics of European cars with spinners on... can you imagine a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Saab, Alfa, Ferrari, Lambo etc with spinning 20 inch wheels? Hahahahaha.

And yes, they are in the US. I would imagine they are on big, black pimpmobiles! Yeah thats sooooo attractive... I reckon we should just follow and all drive pimp cars with big 22 inch shiny spinning wheels just like all the rappers and pimps over there....

Being massive in the US is a good reason to avoid them here, if nothing else... I dont think they have won any fans over here for their styling generally, such as the Taurus and countless other pig dog cars... seems their taste extends to their wheels!

*me goes hopes not to have nightmares tonight about a Taurus with 22 inch spinning wheels*....

: Cobra :
Old 07-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #82
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
I cant say Ive seen too many pics of European cars with spinners on... can you imagine a Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Saab, Alfa, Ferrari, Lambo etc with spinning 20 inch wheels? Hahahahaha.
wow i didnt think i would hit such a big nerve gee. haha, not too many pics of european cars? haha have you looked lol. NO. shaquille O'neil has a lambo with spinners. there are plenty out there, you just have to look, and since you all have a negative opinion on them i doubt you have.

my personal opinion? since i havnt given it, i wouldnt have them on my car. but i wouldn't knock them unless they didnt suit the car they are on. now if you hate them well you should check these beauties lololol...

now these are crap lol!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #83
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
wow i didnt think i would hit such a big nerve gee. haha, not too many pics of european cars? haha have you looked lol. NO. shaquille O'neil has a lambo with spinners. there are plenty out there, you just have to look, and since you all have a negative opinion on them i doubt you have.

my personal opinion? since i havnt given it, i wouldnt have them on my car. but i wouldn't knock them unless they didnt suit the car they are on. now if you hate them well you should check these beauties lololol...

now these are crap lol!!!
I did actually say that I HAD NOT SEEN a European car with spinners. And I still cant imagine it. And if I do happen to see one, I will probably find it just as tasteless as I imagine it to be.

Shaquille O'Neil has committed sacrilege by putting those on his Lambo. It is his car, yes. He can do what he likes, yes. But thats just a case of having more money than taste.

More is not always better.

I do agree, they do suit some cars though. But the cars they suit are probably dog ugly as well....

: Cobra :
Old 07-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #84
Zoink
Starter Motor

Well it would seem that there is a use for these spinners after all : http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=25
Old 07-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #85
kinksta
Luxojet

hhahahahahahahaa, classic!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #86
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

fullyhektik spinners... i think few i've seen aren't bad, but other ones you want to regurgitate last nights food.

what about exhaust spinners, thats is fully awoah (as posted above)

Old 07-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #87
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
yes but can I get them on the bike?

would look fully sik moit :tool:
Something like this? :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTx0cyjSxqI

and

http://ufocycles.com/UFO_Spinner_Wheels.php
Old 07-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #88
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
Ive seen a blueprint BA XR8 ute around Frankston with these spinner rims/hubcaps, whatever the hell they are, older guy driving it.
He looked like he thought he was "cool" driving it, he even gave it a rev as i drove past...

thats the guy i was talking about, he works at a tyre joint, alongside the railway in frankston, makes the car look so crap, why oh why would you buy spinners? :
Old 07-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #89
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
Top thread-mining here..!! ;)

Big chrome wheels look good on that. Spinners only look good in pieces on the floor after I've just smashed them.
ROFL................ :evil_laug
Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #90
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

ffs "whinge whinge cry cry spinners are stupid"

surely there must be SOMETHING that deserves it to have a go at

spinners are just like everything else, if they are done right they look great.
if they are done by a bogan, they look terrible.