Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #871
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Fuly Chik haha

Think i may of seen you around the place, welcome to the forums theres stacks of info here and helpful people, any mods done to ya xr8?

Scotty

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

|Hers| 2009 LV XR5 Turbo in Silhouette
AzuR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #872
lemon
The "Rose"

Thumbs up

Hi Fuly Chik its good to have another girl on board.My baby is a BA GT Citric no stripes goodluck
lemon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #873
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wicked, not doing too bad there :P I'm 24 next week and im really enjoying my XR8, only had it about 2 months now Welcome to the 260 Clan!
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #874
FULY CHIK 87
Starter Motor

hahah well i first got involved in cruising when i was 16/17, stopped going to cruises and everything bout 2 years ago

next car will be a fpv i think, have always had a thing for v8s, learnt to drive in a vx ss

No mods done at the moment, have needed to save money for a holiday and wanting to get a 250 dirt bike ... ahhh but looking to get chrome's, dumped, full 2.5" system and maybe custom boot install down the track
FULY CHIK 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #875
lemon
The "Rose"

Glad you got a real car .I won`t say much about the holdens(will we )
Old 25-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #876
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome guys N gals ;)

I hope you have a fun time here.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #877
cheyne666
FORCE FED FORDS

HI Guys n gals thanx for the welcome. I have already received some excellent advice from the boys in the XR6T, F6 section and only just discovered this thread and thought I had better introduce myself to the rest of the world. I am an Australian Soldier and have recently moved to Sydney. I have owned many Fords in the past - mainly V8 powered but have been bitten by the turbo bug of late. I currently drive/slide a BFII FPV Tornado, a VL Calais Turbo (don't hold that against me) and ride a GSX-R 1000. I have just begun modding the F6 and it's going alright so far, just need a few more bits and I can get my first tune for it and hopefully some decent power figures. Thanx again for the welcome. Cheyne.

Last edited by cheyne666; 25-06-2009 at 06:45 PM.
cheyne666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #878
FULY CHIK 87
Starter Motor

hahaha funny thing that, was a complete holden nut until i bought this one ") ...
had a vr s pack for a while, but killed it lol
FULY CHIK 87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #879
lemon
The "Rose"

I had a VR what a pile of ....Then AUXR6 ,BAXR6 Then the GT
Old 25-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #880
FULY CHIK 87
Starter Motor

hahaha definetly a pile of .... ... blew up the gearbox 3 days after i bought it, 3k later. when i sold it, it had a boot full of dirty water and the guy still wanted it... lmao.

the falcons, are very smooth to drive
Old 25-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #881
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what are u driving now?
carnige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #882
mr_h._simpson

Hi y'all

My names Andrew and i'm a Falcaholic.

I have a 64 model XM falcon that I look at everynight before bed.

I haven't had it real long. I'm looking forward to the day when it is registered again. Also looking forward to learning new skills in getting it going.

Bye.
Andrew
mr_h._simpson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #883
carnige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome mate theres some smart fellers hear that might be able to help u if u get stuck
carnige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #884
TX5_FTW
Teh Poostar

Hey all im Laura live in sydney ...ive grown up around cars my whole life the family has had a whole list including a 52 customline, a XA GT, and currently a 66 Galaxie at the moment i drive a 87 Telstar TX5 Ghia... its runs like hell but i love it anyways shes stock standard including the alloy wheels they came with ive only had a couple of aestheic things done to it - replacing the kicked in mudguard and getting purple pin striping on it .... but other than that i just love fords and cant wait to get behind the wheel of a V8 again
TX5_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #885
FreeBaseBuzz

Well, bugger me..

I've never considered myself a car person, and bought a 2006 BF XR6 on the weekend just gone. This beast is beautiful. 2 days later and I'm joining car forums. I couldn't be more surprised if Michael Jackson reached out of this monitor and slapped me in the face.

All I've heard from my neighbors and friends every time I've proudly shown them my new toy has been.. "oh it's a Ford :(" or "oh it's Black :(" It's starting to wear really thin. But screw them, I love it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #886
red_hotxr6
Banned

AAh pure jealousy..dont you love it....woooot
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #887
Marshall M
Starter Motor

Default New member

Hi all,
Thought i'd say hi.
1st time on, great site.
Marshall M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #888
Jimmyjack
BOSS 260 POWER

Smile

Hi all,
First post but I have been browsing these forums for a while and getting a heap of information and inspiration on how to keep my falcon in top notch condition.

After a very nasty experience owning an Audi 80 Quattro (never believe the hype about how well German cars are made, mine was ABSOLUTE RUBBISH) I spent ages researching on getting a Falcon ( I have always wanted one since my dad had an XF S pack). I got a great deal on a late 07 BF2 XR8 auto and absolutely love it. Drive it everyday and it hasn't missed a beat!

Not many things in this world better than hearing that low growl when you stick your right foot down and watch the horizon get that little bit closer. Thanks to the tech docs on this forum I have upgraded my front speakers, added some footwell lights, aux cable for the ipod and frankly I am completely satisfied with that car as it is.

I will post some photos of the car in the show and shine thread when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Jimmyjack
Jimmyjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #889
brazzwald
Starter Motor

Hi all,

have been browsing this site for a couple of months and thought i just better say g'day before i start posting some more, if i get there.

Love my Fords, v8 supercars and f1 fan but aren't too happy about the ford's switching sides from next year... but hey, at least the fg's look and go a heap better than the ve's, both on the track and on the streets!

would love a ba-fg xr6 turbo one day, but other life priorities at present with two young sons and a mortgage to pay off. Although i am currently in possession of my dads EL XR8, with me to sell (PM if interested)

Cheers

Braz
brazzwald is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #890
urbancowboy

G'day everyone,

My name is Heath, & I'm from Newcastle.

I've been looking to buy myself a EL XR6 the last six months or so, & i found this site doing research. I've found it to be full of fantastic info already! I don't have a going car at the moment only a project car (bottomless money pit) i've been working on slowly for years. It's a '87 Suzuki Swift GTi, It's sucked up way too much money lately (one thing lead's to another). So i've put it on the back burner for a while to buy a good tow car that i'd be happy to drive everyday.

I missed out on a really shmick Regency red EL XR6 back in march, it was everything i wanted & it was a bargain! Since then i've been looking but haven't found what i want! Basically i want the best EL XR6 i can get without it being heavily modified, one with the 16" option rims, the optional body kit, manual, and hopefully either in Regency red or Heritage green. Then i can start to personalize & modify it from there, i just want a clean slate to start from!

I work for a Ford Dealership parts warehouse so i get to see Ford spares everyday! I've been into Fords since i was a teenager, I owned a really tidy late model XF when i was younger (actually made a profit when i sold it) which i bought from a Ford dealership mechanic, it used to shock people because it wasn't lowered or on mags but it flew for a XF.

I hope to make friends here not enemies! Share info, and get technical answer's to question's i will no doubt have once i do find the right EL XR6!

Cheers
urbancowboy
a.k.a.
Heath
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #891
chazza351
Banned

Default Gday from chazza .. nice to be on board

Hve done up quite a few AU'S ...v8's
When your underneath wrkin on the beast ..you can forget about the misses and wrk ...all good
chazza351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #892
RA245T
RA245T

Wink Howdy

Have posted a couple of pics in my gallery.

I am into driving and maintaining my car.

The biggest mod I have achieved is removing some badges....

I enjoy the forums. : my falcon is a good car....
RA245T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #893
Dvs06

hi all, Ive been out in the wilderness for some time now and thought Id call in see wots going on. Ive changed cars since posting last and now own a bf sr 06 falcon. Ego in colour and 19in gold G2 rims. living in Mackay seen many great looking fords and hoping there is others out there up this way to meet up with.
Dvs06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #894
XA373

hey all haven't been on here for ages, im a Ford girl at heart but do own a Holden (holds head in shame - hahaha) na it's all good, do have a XA Coupe which needs to be restored (will be posted in the for sale bit shortly) and a WH Statesman.
XA373 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #895
EnderNZ

G'day everyone,

I'm a poor student in New Zealand thinking about buying a Falcon in the well under $2000 range. Any and all thoughts and comments on the wisdom of this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #896
Oldfordwag
Starter Motor

Default White Flag is up?

Hey all,
: I am a Holden driver please don't hold that against me. :
A short time ago I bought a XP Falcon deluxe super pursuit wagon as a restoration project. Things have changed so I need to find out a little more about Xp's in general, but also I'd like to find her a good home.

If it stop's me getting shot I did have a 77 Ford Fairlane & a XF falcon
Oldfordwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:02 AM   #897
xpcoupeluver

Default Xp Carpet colour

Hey guys,

Only new to the forum and im after some advice. Ive got 66 Futura coupe which is not far off finished and just re-doing the interior now. I'm about to order the carpet from knox carpets and they are telling me to get a red colour which is close to same colour as the red they were originally painted, a bright red. I always thought the interior colour was a darker red?? Anybody know
xpcoupeluver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #898
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

hey guys, im newish to the site, joined a while ago but havent posted, have had a bit of a read and look around .

my car is a 67 xr fairmont 351/man, long term project (owned it around 24 years) and i have a few others, 72 f100 351/auto, 71 capri 351/manual, 96 ef futura ex taxi 4.0/auto, 97 el futura/fairmont 4.0/auto, and a coupla dailys too atm, 83 subaru, 88 corolla

craig
my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #899
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

couple of pics

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #900
tiny tech
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Just signed up after getting into a 2006 BF to tow my van around the country. Looking forward to a bit more power than the X'trail I just sold. Setting up the tow system (Has a 1600 towbar) but thinking of the heavier set-up with a hayman reece hitch. Also considering airbags but not much history around on this.
Happy/Safe motoring
Cheers John
tiny tech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post