Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #9241
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

It's largely going to depend on the price and spec Bluey.

If the XR8 is an RSpec then technically it's got slightly better running gear than the run out 67k GT's.

So at 60k drive away the XR8 is still pretty decent value for money.
7k Extra would've netted you a previous model GT with thinner wheels and different suspension.
I believe RSpec were about 84k drive away so an extra 24k would get you the bespoke exterior kit, nicer interior, exact limited build numbers, optional 6/4 brakes and the GT badge.

Not to mention the 84k gets you into a Miami 2 years earlier

Perhaps the XR8 will come in at mid 50's drive away, then it really is a bargain.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #9242
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Followed a New Mazda 6 rear end similar to FGX lights. And chrome strip between lights .
Old 16-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #9243
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

I really hope it looks better in the flesh. Something doesn't look right with the front, its too long and looks tacked on in this picture...

I think it's these three areas, the light where it meets the body/guard, the bumper join and the bonnet overhang... I really want to love it.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan

Last edited by Cashie; 16-09-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #9244
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
It's largely going to depend on the price and spec Bluey.

If the XR8 is an RSpec then technically it's got slightly better running gear than the run out 67k GT's.

So at 60k drive away the XR8 is still pretty decent value for money.
7k Extra would've netted you a previous model GT with thinner wheels and different suspension.
I believe RSpec were about 84k drive away so an extra 24k would get you the bespoke exterior kit, nicer interior, exact limited build numbers, optional 6/4 brakes and the GT badge.

Not to mention the 84k gets you into a Miami 2 years earlier

Perhaps the XR8 will come in at mid 50's drive away, then it really is a bargain.
Interesting situation here.
FGX "R spec" suspension bits won't be VIN restricted for purchase. So if FGX XR8 is released with legacy R spec control arms sway bars and shocks etc , then that makes it easier for non R spec FG GT owners to get their hands on this stuff if they want to ?

Either way ,can't see the FGX XR8 being 60k with brembos , r spec etc.
Might likely end up being 65+ if it does.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #9245
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

It could be a visual illusion because it seems like the bonnet stays higher at the front and is more blunt than the FG.

Hate to say it but the new styling is starting to look quite dated already to me. Hope to see one in the metal soon.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #9246
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
With respect you bought a model that had been out for a couple years, around the time that they said they were closing up manufacturing in this country. I know what people have been paying for falcons isn't anywhere near list price (which on your car ends up being about $55k drive away in Queensland), but if you think you're going to get massive discounts as a private buyer on the new model close to launch I think you'll be disappointed.
How long did it take Holden to start throwing discounts and special models after the VF release? If I recall correctly it was only a few months and that was after they reduced RRP at launch.

Good luck to you if you are happy to pay 45k for an XR6.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #9247
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

IMO SZ Territory suffers from the same issue as FGX, from some angles the front end looks too long, not curvy enough, and tacked on.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #9248
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 
Smile Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
How long did it take Holden to start throwing discounts and special models after the VF release? If I recall correctly it was only a few months and that was after they reduced RRP at launch.

Good luck to you if you are happy to pay 45k for an XR6.
I'm better off expecting to only afford a XR6 and then finding out I can actually get a XR6 Turbo, than the other way around.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #9249
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post

I really hope it looks better in the flesh. Something doesn't look right with the front, its too long and looks tacked on in this picture...

I think it's these three areas, the light where it meets the body/guard, the bumper join and the bonnet overhang... I really want to love it.
If they had move the bumper line (that goes to the light) forward, the overhang would look alot better, but they had to use the same FG panels

Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #9250
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
If they had move the bumper line (that goes to the light) forward, the overhang would look alot better, but they had to use the same FG panels

On the second one
Lower it an Inch and a bit. Give it clear side repeater indiactor lenses and colour code the mirror scalps.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #9251
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Wow that picture really highlights how awkward the smoothly sloped FG roof goes with the angular front..
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #9252
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

The design works better on the larger cars. The mondeo will be very similar. Still laughing at it looks like a VT rear end (no its not that bland) and a Lancer front end.

Were Ford stuffed up is putting this same global design on a Fiesta. Looks like rubbish.
Old 16-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #9253
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal
Sorry Nikked, but there's a lot of similarities there mate.

I still want a new XR6 (not turbo). How much do we reckon they'll be and is an LSD completely out of the question on them? I'm guessing ~$60k drive away for XR8, ~$50k drive away for XR6 Turbo, ~$40-45k drive away for the XR6.

The Fenders are all new and NOT the same panels
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #9254
Forden Holford
Starter Motor

Quote:
I tried once very early in the speculation phase (using styling cues of the mondeo and territory), i dont think people liked it.

I think Ford should have let you style the front end! I think you have nailed it, looks much better than what Ford ended up with on FGX. As it is, the FGX looks like it's hit to many brick walls. It looks horrendous!

A coupe pages back there is the comparo between FGX front and FG-2 front end. IMHO, I think the FG-2 front looks more modern, sleek and sexy and FG-2 looks like it is the car that should be replacing FGX. The front end at least. I am digging the rear on the FGX, I quite like it but that front is a deal breaker.

I think ordering and fitting FGX tail lights and boot to and FG-2 you got a sexy car and Bob's your uncle! I realize a trip to the panel beater may be order to do that.
Forden Holford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #9255
G6T

got quoted g6et velvet & cashmere with every option available QLD $67,000 early 09 deposit down on mine august 09 sydney as above $52,000 unreg 11ks on clock picked it up 29th october 09.love the color combo.
FPV BF F6 TYPHOON in TOXIC green BUILT ENGINE & MT built ZF, FORCED PERFORMANCE turbo HTA 37r Turbo e85 26psi= 525 rwkw 1162nm its DMENTD . BUILT & TUNED by ( PROFILE AUTOSPORTS ) first time on dyno after run in =
Pacific Ford and FPV Carshow - DMENTD Dyno Run base 22psi on 98 : https://youtu.be/PoONpkk7qJE
G6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #9256
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6T View Post
got quoted g6et velvet & cashmere with every option available QLD $67,000 early 09 deposit down on mine august 09 sydney as above $52,000 unreg 11ks on clock picked it up 29th october 09.love the color combo.

what does this all mean?
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #9257
G6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000 View Post

what does this all mean?
means i saved $15,000 by waiting a few months & going to sydney to buy.
FPV BF F6 TYPHOON in TOXIC green BUILT ENGINE & MT built ZF, FORCED PERFORMANCE turbo HTA 37r Turbo e85 26psi= 525 rwkw 1162nm its DMENTD . BUILT & TUNED by ( PROFILE AUTOSPORTS ) first time on dyno after run in =
Pacific Ford and FPV Carshow - DMENTD Dyno Run base 22psi on 98 : https://youtu.be/PoONpkk7qJE
G6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #9258
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6T View Post
means i saved $15,000 by waiting a few months & going to sydney to buy.
yeah, and what does that have to do with the FGX..
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #9259
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Seems to be a lot of people ready to pull the trigger on one of these, so not sure if waiting is advisable. A lot of people waiting for a special edition in 2016 could be very disappointed.
Old 16-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #9260
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
It's the reason Ford are shutting shop and why the FGX might be hurt in sales by people waiting for them to become cheaper, for Ford to say that they can't afford to stay open till 2016....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #9261
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Well if you had actually read the thread you'd see I had asked what prices people paid in relation to the list price on previous 'new release' falcons eg FG or FG II as there had been debate around list price vs sale price on the FGX.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #9262
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

I think what he meant was that the FG X is a brand new model, they won't be discounting like those deals straight off the bat. Maybe someone can give us an idea on pricing around the launch of the FG?
Old 16-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #9263
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
Well if you had actually read the thread you'd see I had asked what prices people paid in relation to the list price on previous 'new release' falcons eg FG or FG II as there had been debate around list price vs sale price on the FGX.
sorry for not keeping up in your "NEW THREAD"......

fg released in Apr '08' and he purchases in Oct '09'...yeah i can see the correlation. How about we get your thread back on topic.

Last edited by rst2000; 16-09-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 16-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #9264
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Quote:
sorry for not keeping up in your "NEW THREAD"......

fg released in '08' and he purchases in oct '09'...yeah i can see the correlation. How about we get your thread back on topic.
At least his post is somewhat relevant to a question that was asked here.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #9265
Chopped
as in chopped

Sunk the grill in more as people have been suggesting >

Old 16-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #9266
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Looks good mate!
Old 16-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #9267
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Could be a case of removing the grille surround? Will need to look into it upon release to see if it is possible.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #9268
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

All this talk on discounts etc, basically unless Ford restructure (reduce) their pricing like Holden did at VF release they won't have a chance of selling significant numbers..
Holden not only reduced the prices across the board, they increased the spec..... they can still barely move cars without offering 5 years warranty and free servicing etc..

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 16-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #9269
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

I know that I'm dreaming but XR6 needs to be $34990 drive away.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #9270
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
I know that I'm dreaming but XR6 needs to be $34990 drive away.
That's pushing it when the VF SV6 is $40k driveaway (unless you're talking ute which is $37k)

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan