Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2015, 02:17 AM   #901
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Hi All,

Thought I would post some information, most is what others have already mentioned.

Went to 4 dealers over the weekend in the Sydney area to enquiry for an XR8 for my brother, I already have a deposit on one since October last year mind you still waiting and have no news on it, anyway every dealer had something different to say but one thing that was consistent as others have said was the magic number of around 1200 units being made.

Interesting as there are over 300 dealers nationally if each dealer has an average or 4 cars ordered then there goes all 1200 XR8's. The dealers we spoke to had a minimum of 6 orders and a couple had 8.

Prices ranged from 58k - 63.5k for an Auto with Metallic paint.

One dealer mentioned they are not taking anymore orders as they believe they will not be able to fill them. The other 3 were happy to take deposits, interesting though the dealer with the cheapest price of 58K said you will not have a problem getting a car and happy to take a deposit but at the same not would not guarantee it. The reason we wanted a guarantee is that my brother has a 2013 XR6 Turbo to sell and he doesn't want to sell it if he can't get an XR8 and he needs to sell it privately as he has done work to it and a trade in price would be way to low.

So it seems more and more obvious that the XR8's are going to be a real low volume car, and those who have ordered one early might be lucky to get one but they would be waiting for them as the dealers are only going to get in 1 or 2 cars a month. Two of the dealers was still waiting for their first ones to be delivered as they haven't received one yet at all.

I also got the sense from a couple that even though you have one on order if you come in with a higher price they would be happy to sell you the car, unethical but I got the sense they would do that.

Another interesting fact, I was also asking if they heard anything about a limited edition XR6 Turbo with the same specs as the 8 but using the F6 motor all but 1 said nope heard nothing. The one who did say something said it was 99% going to happen.

Take everything with a grain of salt as I did when speaking to them but just relaying our experience.

George
Sounds pretty standard to me I have also got a different story from each dealer I have spoken too. One even when the as far as stating that the had sold/taken deposits for 15 and that ford where now building 3000. Hahahahahahhah

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #902
STV018
Starter Motor

Got the phone call about the price rise put on by Ford who look like they really are trying to tick everybody off. The paint has even gone up $150 to $500. Maybe this is how Ford get the number of orders down as the question was still I do want the car or a refund of the deposit
Old 11-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #903
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STV018 View Post
Got the phone call about the price rise put on by Ford who look like they really are trying to tick everybody off. The paint has even gone up $150 to $500. Maybe this is how Ford get the number of orders down as the question was still I do want the car or a refund of the deposit
Its always been $500 extra for prestige paint.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #904
STV018
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Its always been $500 extra for prestige paint.
no it hasnt Ford site when using build a car was $350 and my initial contract was $350
Old 11-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #905
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STV018 View Post
no it hasnt Ford site when using build a car was $350 and my initial contract was $350
Just had a look it stated $385 (I assume + GST). I'm sure I've paid $500 previously...or other makes are charging $500. Must have a look at an old contract.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #906
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been 350+GST for a few years now.
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #907
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any news from anyone?

Allocations are meant to be released today.

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #908
DannyB
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Any news from anyone?

Allocations are meant to be released today.

George
I'm in the same boat. Waiting, waiting......
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #909
Dissgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
I'm in the same boat. Waiting, waiting......
Nope, nothing.
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #910
PeteV8

Rang my Dealer today, told me it will now be Wednesday that they get their allocation.
PeteV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #911
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So aaahhhh, we got our allocation. Imo Ford are retarded.

3 for the rest of the year. Doesn't come close to our orders and it's only February...
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
Old 17-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #912
DannyB
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
So aaahhhh, we got our allocation. Let me just say on the record that Ford are retarded.

3 for the rest of the year. Doesn't come close to our orders and it's only February...
So, what does that mean for the customers who have paid their deposits and aren't in the 3. Doesn't sound like its going to be fun in the dealerships this week....
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #913
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
So, what does that mean for the customers who have paid their deposits and aren't in the 3. Doesn't sound like its going to be fun in the dealerships this week....
Hi. Would you like a Ranger instead?

Wait. Na that'll be 3 months wait anyway.

Not sure really. Hopefully they can wait till 2016.... By then they might change their mind and swap to a Mustang. Who knows.
Old 17-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #914
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes there will still be allocations for 2016.. Id take my deposit back and buy one thats on carsales.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #915
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Yes there will still be allocations for 2016.. Id take my deposit back and buy one thats on carsales.
Hate to burst your bubble, 99.99% of the ones on carsales aren't physical vehicles.

Well that's how it was a few weeks ago when I inquired as "Bruce from Blackwater", a deposit would be taken and my name would go on a list for allocation.
Old 17-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #916
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
So aaahhhh, we got our allocation. Imo Ford are retarded.

Anchor, are you a big dealer, middle of the road or small in terms of performance car sales?

As allocations were based on previous sales histoory right?

Asking as there were a number of dealers who told me they had 20, 15, 10 allocated - yes we can gaurantee/get you one. Full of it! And now it would seem highly probable we will see many dissapointed ford fans who have been led along and dip out or need to wait an eternity to find out if they will get one in 2016.

Your 3 allocated would not bode well for the small regional dealers who don't sell any v8s' normally, would it? I will be stuck (happily) with my automatic by the looks of things.
maylandsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #917
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

No one ever had that many. In the first allocation, the biggest dealers in Queensland only got a small allotment. My dealer got two, the original dealer was getting 3 across 4 sites, and most dealers I spoke to were only getting between 2 to 4 units each. Talk of 15-25 is absolute BS and I would avoid them like the plague.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #918
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylandsman View Post
Anchor, are you a big dealer, middle of the road or small in terms of performance car sales?

As allocations were based on previous sales histoory right?

Asking as there were a number of dealers who told me they had 20, 15, 10 allocated - yes we can gaurantee/get you one. Full of it! And now it would seem highly probable we will see many dissapointed ford fans who have been led along and dip out or need to wait an eternity to find out if they will get one in 2016.

Your 3 allocated would not bode well for the small regional dealers who don't sell any v8s' normally, would it? I will be stuck (happily) with my automatic by the looks of things.
May as well put it how it is, I work for a dealership in a semi-rural area in QLD. Brisbane/Sunny Coast/GC dealers only got allocated 3/4. Our previous FPV sales history is pretty good for our PMA. Dealers who said 10/15/20 are talking out their ***. I know for a fact we got allocated the same amount as dealers who are a lot bigger than us.

Our first allocation was 2.
Old 17-02-2015, 06:55 PM   #919
maylandsman
Banned

Agree that the dealers were full of it FGX335, but this what they were saying. It mattered to me not as I already have mine locked in. But this is the crap they were speaking and sucking people in to lay down a deposit.

The dealer in SA words were, I can gauarantee you one sir, we are the biggest dealer in adelaide, we have 20 allocated...
He wasn't the only one. I knew they were speaking sh1te as they had no idea what there allocation would be.

Spoke to one in Perth and he said they had 16...go figure.

Port Adelaide Ford was one of the only honest dealers I spoke to who said mate...this is how it is.

I feel for the people who were let's say 'conned' by these dealers saying they could get them one no problems.

Thanks for feedback anchor. Everyone got 2 at the start I am led to believe.
maylandsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #920
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I could be lieing. I am a salesman..... Haha
Old 17-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #921
Tbm1121

Quote:
May as well put it how it is, I work for a dealership in a semi-rural area in QLD. Brisbane/Sunny Coast/GC dealers only got allocated 3/4. Our previous FPV sales history is pretty good for our PMA. Dealers who said 10/15/20 are talking out their ***. I know for a fact we got allocated the same amount as dealers who are a lot bigger than us.

Our first allocation was 2.
Have you started turning people away like I have? It goes against my nature as a sales person, we havnt yet got our allocation, but we have only one order to fill, and thats what we got on our first allocation, and our pma is good for 420 Regos a month, that's 5000 a year, and 2 xr8's of that 5000......
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #922
Vanish335

I tried to order a FGX xr8 in October last year from a mid north coast dealer they told me no we can't get them with deposit in hand they rang other dealers .no sorry can't get you 1 the dealer only received 1 car & they still have it in the lot.im not shore if it's for sale yet I had to order from qld received the car late last month.
Vanish335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 07:13 PM   #923
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

I'm extremely concerned by this, I cant believe they can only build so few

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #924
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Have you started turning people away like I have? It goes against my nature as a sales person, we havnt yet got our allocation, but we have only one order to fill, and thats what we got on our first allocation, and our pma is good for 420 Regos a month, that's 5000 a year, and 2 xr8's of that 5000......
Yup, trying to convert them into turbos or waiting for Mustang. The orders we still have are long term clients that buy this kind of vehicle and don't mind waiting, luckily...

But what do I sell people between now and December? I'm already cutting price on FGX Turbos to make them appealing with brake/suspension/tuning mods.
Old 17-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #925
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm worried I'm planning to put a deposit down on one this weekend and I plan on getting one of the last built next year but now it looks like that won't happen :(

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #926
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

I don't mind how long I have to wait, I just know I want the last V8 Falcon, the only substitute for me would be a GTF, and that ain't gonna happen for me

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #927
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble, 99.99% of the ones on carsales aren't physical vehicles.
Its easy to tell (the XR8 isn't the only vehicle that has phantom ads). If the car sales add has a dealer number (at the bottom of the add) then there should be physical stock as the phantom cars don't have one in the advertisement.

Mind you the prices are creeping into the $70k mark now for 2014 models. You can get a Clubsport for that money.
Old 18-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #928
Tbm1121

Quote:
Yup, trying to convert them into turbos or waiting for Mustang. The orders we still have are long term clients that buy this kind of vehicle and don't mind waiting, luckily...

But what do I sell people between now and December? I'm already cutting price on FGX Turbos to make them appealing with brake/suspension/tuning mods.
With zero falcon sedan allocation this month we are declaring it dead, and giving up interest as we can not fill any orders.
Old 18-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #929
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
With zero falcon sedan allocation this month we are declaring it dead, and giving up interest as we can not fill any orders.
Good point. I suppose we can put people into Mond.... Oh wait. Nope they're not here yet either..
Old 18-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #930
Tbm1121

Quote:
Good point. I suppose we can put people into Mond.... Oh wait. Nope they're not here yet either..
Good news on that front, one on order too. Haha. You'd be better off joining the mass'and buy a kuga or ranger