Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #10921
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FGX, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

I'm honestly not sure what all the fuss is about..............the first allocation of 200 odd units has only barely just sold out and most of these probably won't be built until Jan, Feb 2015 which means a little bit of a wait for some of us............I would think we will be lucky to see 70 or 80 cars built this year (2014) for the must have it now bonafide enthusiasts before we run into the holiday period

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #10922
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Bit like fuel servos not working together but strange that all put their prices up on the same day at the same time by the same amount.
Are you saying that servos are in cahoots? Not sure which side of the fence you are on.

For reference, I can confirm that at least one of the big boys watches the market, and makes the managers do several drives a day to check pricing, which is fed back to an area manager who gives approval to match or stay.
Old 14-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #10923
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

A hypothetical for you all:

You run a business. Someone starts up a page on the internet supporting a product that you are in the process of developing. Recently, your advertising strategy has changed, moving away from more mainstream media (such as newspapers and television) and moving towards more of a modern advertising approach (social media, etc).

You see the opportunity that exists in this internet page to be able to advertise without directly having to spend lots of $$$$ in the process. As per most advertising, you want to be able to use this advertising in a way that works to your benefit.

So, you decide to quietly align with the person who started this internet page promising to help them along the way with some small dribs of inside info. Along the way, you decide that there may be an opportunity to be able to create some leverage for your product by providing some inside information on that product (some of which may not necessarily be factual) as it generates a lot of interest in the product you are trying to sell, thereby potentially increasing the sales.

The person who promotes this information would not necessarily be aware as to the validity of the information, but passes it along in good faith. Of course, enthusiasts and insiders may then question the validity of the information and potentially the source of that information, but the poster can't reveal his sources, as that is part of the arrangement with the business.

As I said, just a hypothetical for you all.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #10924
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=kypez;5258699]I think when people saw the XR8 getting the 335 motor from the GT, it was a common assumption that the XR6T might get the 310 motor from the F6. Thats what drip feed launches are meant to do. Get people talking, get people throwing out what they think the car will look like. No different to the GTF and none of us knowing what the power output will be. 351kw on a hot day, 425kw on a cooler day, 404kw on the in-between day. Thing is, it generates discussion and awareness.

The guy cant be slammed for quoting and pushing what no one knew and he has corrected comments once the facts were found out. You cant call someone a liar if they thought the GTF would come with GTP seats early in the piece. The description was such. Similarly, the Pursuit ute was meant to have things that got deleted last minute (rear mirror auto dimmer, etc) doesnt make peoples opinions lies, it just means things might have changed and hindsight is 20/20. It was FACT The Ute was going to get some extra features, it is also FACT now that it missed out. Which FACT are you going to hold on to?[/QUO

The new XR6T may not have the F6 engine but here's something to consider.

The F6 engine has 14.8% more claimed power and 6% more claimed torque than the XR6T engine, but the XR6T (car) is something like about 2% lighter, so that works out to an approximate 12.8% power/weight advantage and ONLY around a 4% torque advantage for the F6. However that's before the effect of the XR6T engines temporary overboost feature is taken into account.

As I've found out from my own Racelogic GPS test data on 2 standard untuned basic FG Turbo's, the overboost function gives them similar overall straight line performance to an F6.

So as long as the new model car isn't much heavier, I think XR6T and G6eT owners should have F6 like straight line performance in everyday real world driving conditions, making them great 'bang for bucks" buys.

Can you tell me how to find his facebook page please?

Last edited by 2242100; 14-11-2014 at 02:30 PM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #10925
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPSI View Post
I really do like the FG intetior and think it has class.
Sometimes too much class as I find my self nearly having to pull over to find the AC button ect.
Still cant get used to where everything is.
Best fix for that:
sit in it at home, with a beer, enjoying the view along the bonnet-hump, and crank the stereo up!
The more time you spend in there - did i mention, the smell is sensational? - the more familiar you get....
in pitch dark it's superb to flick the parkers on and watch the dash and gauges fire-up in Ford Factory Blue LED splendour....
Here's hoping FG-X owners can get that same level of LOVE for theirs.

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #10926
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Are you saying that servos are in cahoots? Not sure which side of the fence you are on.

For reference, I can confirm that at least one of the big boys watches the market, and makes the managers do several drives a day to check pricing, which is fed back to an area manager who gives approval to match or stay.
Sorry I wasnt clear. Whilst they might not be directly talking to each other (or maybe they do), it is very strange how so many companies move at exactly the same time by the same amount. They are all in on it.

All I was saying is that for dealerships, this rumour is Gold and will push people to take the plunge earlier at full RRP and maybe even a slight premium. Not that they would get discounts anyway for the XR8, but it will affect trade in prices and the works as dealers create a hype of a shortage of cars or limited supply.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #10927
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

If 1200 is a Marketing Ploy then well done Ford Australia

Still if there is a rumour now that it is a Marketing Ploy I still wouldn't risk it....

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #10928
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242100 View Post

The new XR6T may not have the F6 engine but here's something to consider.

The F6 engine has 14.8% more claimed power and 6% more claimed torque than the XR6T engine, but the XR6T (car) is something like about 2% lighter, so that works out to an approximate 12.8% power/weight advantage and around a 4% torque advantage for the F6. However that's before the effect of the XR6T engines temporary overboost feature is taken into account.

As I've found out from my own Racelogic GPS test data on 2 standard untuned basic FG Turbo's, the overboost function gives them similar overall straight line performance to an F6.

So as long as the new model car isn't much heavier, I think XR6T and G6eT owners should have F6 like straight line performance in everyday real world driving conditions, making them great 'bang for bucks" buys.

Can you tell me how to find his facebook page please?
The G6ET already clocked the same 0-100 as the F6 in the FG models so I dont doubt that the XR6T will be up there with the F6 times. Not knocking the XR6T at all and the thing that lets the F6 down is the lack of rear end traction (as is probably the case with the XR6T and G6ET). But the XR6T engine is quite different to the F6 and as others have pointed, the XR6T does not put out 310kw.

https://www.facebook.com/SupportTheN...Falcon?fref=ts
Old 14-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #10929
Freiherr

If the new XR6 and XR8s have street presence and the X factor, and from all accounts so far, they certainly do, then half the selling job is done. When people see and hear these beasts on the road, they will say I want one. There is no need to create the hype, it will be generated by the cars themselves. The last time something big happened was the 70s Charger, where 7 year olds would flash a V with their fingers and yell out Hey Charger! 50% of Chrysler sales were Chargers and there was a 9 months wait to buy one.
There are a lot of Ford fanatics out there who are keen to get into the last Falcons.
Freiherr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #10930
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
The G6ET already clocked the same 0-100 as the F6 in the FG models so I dont doubt that the XR6T will be up there with the F6 times. Not knocking the XR6T at all and the thing that lets the F6 down is the lack of rear end traction (as is probably the case with the XR6T and G6ET). But the XR6T engine is quite different to the F6 and as others have pointed, the XR6T does not put out 310kw.

https://www.facebook.com/SupportTheN...Falcon?fref=ts
I think the true flywheel kw on an FG XR6T is probably around 300-310kw, plenty of stock FG XR6T's making around 240-250rwkw.
If Holden/HSV were selling a vehicle making the same rwkw as an F6 it would have a 380 or 390 badge on the back.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #10931
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About the XR8 numbers, following are factors at play IMHO:

1. How many lots of package parts were left over in terms of Miami engines with superchargers, and the GT R spec suspension/brakes, in stock of FPV and Ford, that Ford have to use up. May be the reduced pricing because they had set stock that they need to offload.

2. If there is not enough package parts in 1 above, what is the cost to Ford to source new parts to build new Xr8's, if the cost to source additional package parts is too high in terms of pricing, query whether they will bother. The "low" price being charged for the XR8 needs to be considered here.

3. How many engines can be built without adding to labour costs in terms of maximising shifts etc, as I doubt they will spend more to put on more staff, given their end point shutdown date, and "low " relatively speaking pricing for the xr8.

4. Head office political considerations- Ford USA wants their global mustangs to take on the performance mantle in AUS, so query whether they wanted unlimited run of XR8's that may intrude into the coming mustang imports.

My take on this is that Ford probably has directives to utilise set inventory stock and using present labour force and avoid incurring additional material/labour costs (especially given the low pricing) and to spread the numbers to point of extinguishment at time Mustangs come in.

Fascinating to see how this plays out.....
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #10932
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worthwhile comments, especially given the finite number of potential Ford V8 buyers/Mustang customers....

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #10933
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPSI View Post
I really do like the FG intetior and think it has class.
Sometimes too much class as I find my self nearly having to pull over to find the AC button ect.
Still cant get used to where everything is.
Well you'll be able to change it on the touchscreen with FGX (as well as fan speed)....or even better you can just do it via voice command.
Old 14-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #10934
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
If 1200 is a Marketing Ploy then well done Ford Australia

Still if there is a rumour now that it is a Marketing Ploy I still wouldn't risk it....
The truth will one day be revealed to all.......

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 14-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #10935
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
The truth will one day be revealed to all.......

Craig H

I think that 1200 figure is based on what Ford currently build per day, per month until the end of production.........wether or not 1200 people do actually stump up the hard earned, and at the same time side step a nice, probably cheaper second hand FPV product for the privilege of owning the last Aussie built Falcon V8 remains to be seen

Cheers Mick
Old 14-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #10936
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want those dash spears they look great
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #10937
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
There's bugger all difference. But xr8 wont get launch control. Some may dismiss it as just talk but its a feature that works.
According to latest Wheels Magazine (December) XR8's do get launch control.
They have all the specs for the FGX range.
Quote: "while the range topping XR8 scores FPV's entire R-Spec suspension package, complete with launch control and wider 275 rear tyres".
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #10938
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The one I was in on the fanatic day didn't have it. I even specifically asked. I would suggest perhaps wheels has it wrong (again).
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #10939
icecold84

I'm guessing launch controll will be in the software for the xr8, just needs to be activated or I could be wrong
Old 14-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #10940
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold84 View Post
I'm guessing launch controll will be in the software for the xr8, just needs to be activated or I could be wrong

Voice control activated perhaps ha ha ha..........Seriously I don't care if it's included or not.

Cheers Mick
Old 14-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #10941
icecold84

If that's the case, hopefully voice controlled burnouts lol
Old 15-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #10942
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
you guys are a petty bunch... The guy is raising hopes and trying to get people excited over the car. What have you guys done to promote the New Falcon?

The GTF was "Sold out" but it really wasnt. Ford have said they have 13,000 orders for the new mustang whilst it was 13,000 likes on FB.

Get off your high horses and do something constructive. The guy has 40,000 likes and is tirelessly trying to promote the new Falcon, trying to come up with new things everyday! So he takes a few liberties from time to time, he isnt lying. XR8 allocations are sold out and a 6 month wait to me is currently SOLD OUT!

Tall poppy is alive and well... Take it somewhere else.
Heres a good one Ford will do a limited run of XR8 utes,its true a mate told me .
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2014, 01:20 AM   #10943
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Heres a good one Ford will do a limited run of XR8 utes,its true a mate told me .
Here's one for you. Ford are doing a limited run of Falcon. They will stop October 2016. I have it on good source...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #10944
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
I think that 1200 figure is based on what Ford currently build per day, per month until the end of production.........wether or not 1200 people do actually stump up the hard earned, and at the same time side step a nice, probably cheaper second hand FPV product for the privilege of owning the last Aussie built Falcon V8 remains to be seen

Cheers Mick
Possibly. But, in my opinion, you only have to trace back through this very thread to get a reasonable understanding as to where this magical '1200' figure started, and you'll then be able to trace as to how it has morphed somewhat over that time to end up being where we are at now. We all know how Chinese whispers work.....

Anyway, I've probably said enough on the subject now. People can make up their own mind as to what information they want to accept and what they consider to be irrelevant, and based on that make up their own mind as to which way they wish to proceed.

All I can say is that I can't wait to get an FG X XR8 in my garage, and I am already laying down the plans to have that happen mid next year.

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 15-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #10945
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

1200 is what Ford dealer reps have been telling dealerships.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #10946
NEEDspeed

Well I've ordered one, so everyone making inane comments to me you're just being sour in spite of the evidence of the overwhelming success of the new cars.

Blueprint 2003 XR6. Forged internals 10.8cr engine.
NEEDspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #10947
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well being in the industry I have also been told @1200, I don't see why my dealer would lie, I have known him and dealt with his dealership for 20 years so its not as if they have to hype me up. However he also said knowing Ford they will probably do a limited edition at the end. as in the last 200 of the 1200
Old 15-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #10948
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might have my wires crossed here, but there seems to be an expectation on the Forum that 1200 XR8 units won't be enough to meet demand. Why?..........

Cheers Mick
Old 15-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #10949
Freiherr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
I might have my wires crossed here, but there seems to be an expectation on the Forum that 1200 XR8 units won't be enough to meet demand. Why?..........

Cheers Mick
This will be my first Ford ever and I know 3 others who are getting one and who never owned Fords before.
Freiherr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #10950
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiherr View Post
This will be my first Ford ever and I know 3 others who are getting one and who never owned Fords before.
Without test driving one either- you insane?

asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post