Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #11551
Freiherr

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

I only used the electric seats adjustment on my Santa Fe once (when I bought it). I do not see it as a big deal. The kick back into the seat on take off is a big deal, which makes XR8 sweet.
Freiherr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #11552
anto
Za Dom spremni

had a look at a black G6E turbo the other day, noticed its lost the chrome interior door handle finish yet in some of the publicity pics it has them..??

Gotta say it did look fantastic in the flesh. For some reason they just dont loook good in photos, have not liked anything Ive seen before I saw it for real.
The XR6 on the other hand looks too povo , I think all the exra chrome highlights on the the G6ET make all the difference.
Now if they could only make a G8E ... thatd do it for me
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #11553
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiherr View Post
I only used the electric seats adjustment on my Santa Fe once (when I bought it). I do not see it as a big deal. The kick back into the seat on take off is a big deal, which makes XR8 sweet.
THIS!!!

Of all the cars I have owned, either with electric or non-electric, the seat is adjusted once and then that's it.

Powered seat bases are also add unwanted weight, for what, to adjusted once then it just sits there for rest of the cars existence.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #11554
bernbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still going to miss the great stereo (Ford aus has never done a good stereo) and the key less entry and start in the hundi. Even the big *** sunroof is great on a winters night in North queensland. But i too would love a g8e. How hard is it on the line to throw on the xr8 the g6 fogs and grill, the rear boot lid from a g6 and colour code the rear valance. Final move is the g6 interior. It's all off the shelf except for a g8e badge and the colour coding of the 4 outlet valance. Stuff all money and a model to go against a calias.
bernbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #11555
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I havnt sat in the new FG-X, but please tell me you dont have to put the key in to start the car, or take the key out of your pocket to open the door.

Yeh its called smart key. The mondeo has it.

I just checked the brochure. I cant find it. Looks like it doesn't have it. How crap it that. Its 2015. 20K cars have it

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A

Last edited by arronm; 01-12-2014 at 08:30 PM.
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #11556
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
I havnt sat in the new FG-X, but please tell me you dont have to put the key in to start the car, or take the key out of your pocket to open the door.
You do.
And if this bothers people, then all I can say there are many other things in life that should be of grater concern than putting a key into an ignition slot.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #11557
Freiherr

Quote:

Yes you need to put key into ignition, turn to start and then let your senses go wild (in the XR8). Oh yes, a human driver is also needed.
Freiherr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #11558
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:

I just checked the brochure. I cant find it. Looks like it doesn't have it. How crap it that. Its 2015. 20K cars have it
Yes the key is required, and in the Focus ST I'm dumping tomorrow versus the GE6ET that I'm gaining tomorrow, I can tell you that I'll not miss the POS one iota, keyless entry or not.
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
(1977 TE Cortina, 2001 AUII XR6, 2004 BAI XR8 Ute, 2005 BAII Typhoon, 2008 FG F6, 2015 FG-X XR6 Ute, 2006 SY Territory Turbo Ghia...it just used too much fuel)
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #11559
ACTIV8

Belatedly...White XR6 Turbo Ute photos, are in a park in lovely down town Coburg alongside Bayford.

Fairly sure that the load rating of the 19's is a factor in limiting towing capacity...I'm sure it was an issue in Utes previously.
ACTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #11560
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
TOf all the cars I have owned, either with electric or non-electric, the seat is adjusted once and then that's it.

Powered seat bases are also add unwanted weight, for what, to adjusted once then it just sits there for rest of the cars existence.
This was written by a single man
Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #11561
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not necessarily, I find I only really use the seat back and forward when I swap with my wife. Seems like unnecessary weight to put a motor in to do something I can do easily myself.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #11562
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto View Post
had a look at a black G6E turbo the other day, noticed its lost the chrome interior door handle finish yet in some of the publicity pics it has them..??

Gotta say it did look fantastic in the flesh. For some reason they just dont loook good in photos, have not liked anything Ive seen before I saw it for real.
The XR6 on the other hand looks too povo , I think all the exra chrome highlights on the the G6ET make all the difference.
Now if they could only make a G8E ... thatd do it for me
Went well out of my way today & saw my first FG x.
I was excited to actually see one in RL.
Still not keen but maybe the XR8 may convince me Black or similar
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #11563
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
This was written by a single man
Haha, so true!

I love the memory key on our Calais-V. Saves everything where I had it, and puts it all back again.

It only takes one time for the missus to get out of the FG and not put the seat back...and yeeeouch...... damn I wish it had memory seats!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #11564
Mainforcepatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
It's great Ford Aus is sending the falcon out on a high id be devo if they didn't but I can't help but feel it was required to fill the gap before the mustang and FGX sales arnt really priority to FoMoCo.

To me the mustang will have to be in the 40's drive away to be competitive against the falcon bang for buck. I mean what's it got, two less doors less seats less room and no blower. They reckon the falcon interior is outdated that mustang looks 20years ago. It only just got IRS for effs sake lol but it's got a self burnout system to address the issue of the lack of fun in smoking your own tyres!

Bet it goes in the 60's d/a though and we are losing our falcon cause we are too expensive building cars.

What ****** me is if they'd invested/built the FGX 335 n 310 4 years ago in house at these drive away prices and had an intercooled say 400 n tuned 350 6cyl FPV models and invested in the interior the falcon would be back!

Hold your heads high FGX development team if the USA could do what youse have done with $140 or so mill we wouldn't be getting the chop.

Hang your heads in shame AUS gov if the USA and other car makers had the same attitude towards building cars and protecting their own we'd be on horse n cart again.

Been keen for a good rant consider it done! ;-)
My thoughts too on the Mustang interior.And just going by the second generation Monaro it had a fair bit of interest at the start and sales started to taper after all the hype had subsided and production then ended.I have a feeling the Mustang interest will go the same way.
Mainforcepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #11565
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question for those in the know. Has ford officially announced that they will increase XR8 numbers? I know there was plenty of talk about it however has this actually been finalised? Or are they expecting the limited edition XR6T to take up the short fall in numbers?

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #11566
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
Question for those in the know. Has ford officially announced that they will increase XR8 numbers? I know there was plenty of talk about it however has this actually been finalised? Or are they expecting the limited edition XR6T to take up the short fall in numbers?

Cheers Ryan
Hi Ryan

Just chewing the fat, there has been some commentary that Ford is loosing money on each XR8 sold, ie that they are only doing the build to meet contractual commitments and to do a PR smoothening on the marketplace to tread water until the Mustang comes, which they will assumedly make money on.

Assuming Ford is loosing money on each XR8 and will make money on Mustangs- what would you do if it was your business?

Also- the announcement of Ford pulling out racing in Oz at the time the Falcon goes formally to market is very interesting, almost as if Ford is trying to stem sales of Falcon.....why not just say yes- we are in racing for 2015 and leave it quiet about 2016...why NOW put death knell on it???Odd.

There seems to be analogy to Ford USA/AUS and McLaren rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg- same team supposedly..but TENSIONS. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall between these 2 organisations recently, especially the engineers and passionate ford employees on the ground- maybe something like this.....

Ford USA- shut down the line, we loosing money- we will sell Mustangs there and make dollars- you can make 1 last Falcon- here is chump money you can use.

Ford AUS- internally - F##K them, lets make the best damn car we can-to show those ******, use the money only on the good stuff-chassis/driveline, required useful tech....

Ford USA- after XR8 - bloody ******- showing us up with our 2 door mustang non supercharged with banging diff and 1960's non ergonomic interior with hopelessly low info screen....

GJ

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 02-12-2014 at 02:50 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #11567
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To all those crapping on the Mustang interior...

How many 2015 Mustangs have you sat in ?
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #11568
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got a call from my dealer this morning, they finally got a XR8 for me to see.. I love it, but I wasn't happy with the bonnet hump just doesn't stand out like the FG. other than that I can not wait till March to get my hands on mine.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #11569
LooLoo18

Went and looked at an XR6T in Kinetic with luxury pack today. Leather seats look and feel nice. Had a play with Sync looks to be a good upgrade
Wanted to take it for a drive but because it already had 55ks on it sales rep said I could only go 500mtr down road and back but if I wanted to go further I could take an FGII turbo for a drive as they drive the same anyway
Delivery time would be Feb if they didn't have one in the system with what I wanted(smoke with luxury pack)
I was surprised when I asked to have the G6E mirrors put on that it couldn't be done at build time. He was going to find out if it could be done by the dealer and how much it would cost
So then I went down to a Holden dealer to look at a SSV sportswagon
Nice car to sit in we all know what it comes with so won't go into it. They didn't have a SSV demo but did have a SSV redline wagon I could take gave me the keys and said take as long as you need
Really nice to drive had some good sprint runs from the traffic lights the HUD is a winner
Still not sure on what way I'm going to go will try again to drive the XR6T next week
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #11570
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

You probably don't want to spend to much time behind the wheel of the VF if you are planning on buying the ford.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #11571
OLD BALDY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why!!!!!
OLD BALDY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #11572
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drove the vf, lots of things annoyed me especially the hand brake. Don't see why spending time behind the wheel of that would stop someone buying an xr8. The Miami destroys everything holden has in that price range.

Current Rides
Old 02-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #11573
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Drove the vf, lots of things annoyed me especially the hand brake. Don't see why spending time behind the wheel of that would stop someone buying an xr8. The Miami destroys everything holden has in that price range.
Not having a go at you but can I ask how the hand brake annoyed you? Maybe I missed something
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Old 02-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #11574
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Push button, didn't like it for a manual.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer to drive my car.

Current Rides
Old 02-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #11575
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the button hand brake on the VF. You dont even need to disengage the hand brake. Just accelerate away. Nice feature.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #11576
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you try it in auto or manual? I personally hated it, my mate who lives with it everyday in a manual ute also hates it.

My point is not so much about the hand brake that's just one thing I didn't personally like, it's more that test driving a Holden won't make you sad when you drive the falcon, especially if that falcon is a second or more faster and better sounding than the equivalent Holden.

Current Rides
Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #11577
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Did you try it in auto or manual? I personally hated it, my mate who lives with it everyday in a manual ute also hates it.

My point is not so much about the hand brake that's just one thing I didn't personally like, it's more that test driving a Holden won't make you sad when you drive the falcon, especially if that falcon is a second or more faster and better sounding than the equivalent Holden.
Car I drove was auto still not sure how anyone could hate it or be annoyed by it push to drive away (didn't know about the auto function) and push it when parking
Each to their own it's not a deal breaker
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #11578
LASTXR

Has anyone got any shots of an XR in
the colour Vanish. I think I have seen
1 in every colour except Vanish. To me,
the XR's seem to look good in both light &
dark colours so it would be nice to see
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #11579
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooLoo18 View Post
Car I drove was auto still not sure how anyone could hate it or be annoyed by it push to drive away (didn't know about the auto function) and push it when parking
Each to their own it's not a deal breaker
The manual was not good at detecting when to disengage the brake on steep hills. I spoke to my mate before my test drive to get tips on his gripes with his ute. Because he specifically targeted that I took the car up some big gradients and tried it out. Result was a preference for old fashioned hand brake. Just a personal opinion I don't expect you to agree with it.

Other things I didn't like as much were steering, white suede highlights, spoiler, sound (or lack of it), the HUD and the general feel behind the wheel. Again all personal preference, but those claiming the SS is the only car you could choose after driving the two clearly have other priorities to me (and I suspect quite a few others on here).

Current Rides
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #11580
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I wonder if the Chinese gearboxes will prove to be durable.
They've been in the LPi models so shoudl be fine for what cars they're in.