Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #91
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Need A Job

Sales rep in Solar Hot Water
Old 21-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #92
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Call up some job agencies and just do some labouring until you find something else. Pay is usually $20+ an hour.

Here are some mobs off the top of my head:

Action Workforce
Staff Australia
Chandler McLoed

Even if it's just loading/unloading containers or working on a process line. Still beats nothing.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #93
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagg1991
Sales rep in Solar Hot Water
Yeah,

it's tough times in the solar industry atm.

Luckily for me, I moved sideways from installations, into servicing existing systems, or I too, would have sweet FA work.

Predictions are that it will pick up again............ but I dunno.......

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #94
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

I finally landed myself A Job , as of Tommorrow i'm a Car Detailer for Toyota In Dandenong
Old 22-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #95
z80
Banned

Quote:
I think it was because of my age IMO. They could not have said that though, because it is discriminatory (fyi I'm 20).

I'm curious and i sincerely don't mean to offend you.

Do you have any of these attributes?

tattoos?
smokers breath?
wear jeans to an interview?
body piercings?
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #96
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
I'm curious and i sincerely don't mean to offend you.

Do you have any of these attributes?

tattoos?
smokers breath?
wear jeans to an interview?
body piercings?
hey mate hahahah no offence taken. I don't smoke, or have any tattoos or bidy piercings, and i wear my suit and polished shoes when going for the interview plus i'm always clean shaven with clean hair. I have a few more interviews tomorrow, hopefully something will eventuate. I've also just begun setting up an ebay store for short term cash, but will have a lot more spare time from next wednesday for interviews and such.
Old 23-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #97
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
I finally landed myself A Job , as of Tommorrow i'm a Car Detailer for Toyota In Dandenong
Congrats mate.

I too have landed a new job, 6 months after being made redundant I'm now the asset maintenance supervisor for a local energy contractor. Start next Thursday.

Old 23-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #98
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
Well, that's great. Just got laid off.

Got enough cash to get me through the next month, looks like I'm up the creek with you guys...
We(australians) are lucky we have Centrelink to help support us untill we get a job, i've used them before , not that i wanted to cause i like to think im independant enough but the process can take allot of time...
Unless.. you know someone in a Cash job? ;)
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #99
Torment47
Mr Hoon

Quote:
hey mate hahahah no offence taken. I don't smoke, or have any tattoos or bidy piercings, and i wear my suit and polished shoes when going for the interview plus i'm always clean shaven with clean hair. I have a few more interviews tomorrow, hopefully something will eventuate. I've also just begun setting up an ebay store for short term cash, but will have a lot more spare time from next wednesday for interviews and such.
What's your ebay name?, ill check out your items for sale
Torment47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #100
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torment47
What's your ebay name?, ill check out your items for sale
I'll let everyone know when I've actually started up my ebay store

I've been getting quotes from suppliers in China, how I'll operate is holding stock in the suppliers warehouse and shipping it from overseas as orders are placed, that way I don't keep large amounts of equity in stock, especially while unemployed...

I'm looking at selling sustainable gift ideas, so a few things I've got quotes for were:

200W Electric scooters
Solar powered bluetooth handsfree car kit
Solar powered 12MP DV camera
Car solar powered battery trickle charger
Laptop carry cases with a solar module sewn into the fabric (charge your laptop while you walk)
Solar camping kits
Solar kits to install on your Ute/4X4 (with a battery bank & gear, to charge while your driving and then use power at night)

And yeah things along those lines. I'm also trying to sustainably source some Nepalese clothing, and hemp clothing & linen, the problem with the hemp stuff is that you can't source it from China because there is issues with importing, so it won't be as cheap.

I tried starting a business before as an importer for container loads of solar modules, although it fell through with huge premiums for public liability insurance. There aren't as many objections in ebay, but if I'm making money on the side I wanna do it right!
Old 23-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #101
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart

That's awesome mate. I had an interview today for a job and I am feeling confident, they even offered to let me do my training between school hours so as to be able to still drop off and pick up my daughter from school. But I won't know for certain till next week. Even though financially I have been given a lifeline, I am still looking for work until the new tafe semester starts, and even then if I like my job I might just keep working.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #102
z80
Banned

I know of a transport company in springvale looking for drivers.

They are near springvale rd and dandenong rd.

Big balloon out the front "drivers wanted"
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #103
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
Congrats mate.

I too have landed a new job, 6 months after being made redundant I'm now the asset maintenance supervisor for a local energy contractor. Start next Thursday.

well done Mate good luck with your new Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
That's awesome mate. I had an interview today for a job and I am feeling confident, they even offered to let me do my training between school hours so as to be able to still drop off and pick up my daughter from school. But I won't know for certain till next week. Even though financially I have been given a lifeline, I am still looking for work until the new tafe semester starts, and even then if I like my job I might just keep working.
Thanks, this jobs is going to be good for me, start today i really enjoyed what i was doing plus the staff are really friendly aswell very close to house aswell happy times ahead
Old 05-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #104
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just nailed myself a job today as well

I'm still a sales rep, but now I'm doing Solar hot water, Solar PV, insulation, LED lighting, energy efficient appliances, and even eco products (eco mugs, fair trade products etc).

Even have access to a company car now, I don't get to take it home but I use it for site visits and that. I didn't believe I could find another job in the industry but sure enough I did! very glad I got to stay here

I even decided that because I love working in sustainability, and I own a V8 (try to drive less than 50km per week), I put down a deposit for a runabout today, one with two wheels and gets about 350km from $15 of petrol