Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #91
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Its quite frightening isn't it that in 2009 we need to train men on how to treat women with respect...

I do think though in light of all this that these workshops are a good pro active approach for sporting clubs.. because clearly the mindset of some is out of touch with common sense and decent moral behavior...
Norm

The truth is we (collective) have never known how to treat women. What is even worse is that things are getting worse.

Those of us that have learned now sit in horror at what goes on.

Go to Bathurst and hear "Get out your Tits"

Some times I just feel ashamed.
Wake up MEN. Women are not chattels like furniture. They are human beings.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #92
bluestreak
Atmo-6 CruiseMissilePilot

Location: Beechboro WA or in a deep dark hole in the desert...

GK, BENT_8, I agree with what both of you have said. While there are many contributing factors towards the wrong path, it seems to me that there are few positive influences available in younger guys lives to help steer them back on the right track.

As I've mentioned, I was in the the Navy. I am now in the mining industry. The Defence Force and the mining, construction, oil & gas industries have in the past had a bad reputaion for their attitudes and behaviour towards women especially. The ADF and most large companies, have made great attempts to change the attitudes of their people to be more in line with what modern society expects.

Sporting teams are a great opportunity to provide positive mentoring to young fellers coming of age as they look up to the older guys and staff. But the clubs need to make sure their influence is positive. Do the older guys set a good example of attitudes towards women, or do they just talk about how many sluts they bagged last footy trip? When this sort of event occurs everyone blames the club, or the company or the Army/Navy whatever. Which is why they need to take, and be seen to take, proactive action to let their people know what is and isn't acceptable.

I live in the (possibly misguided) hope that one day we won't see large groups of guys from any particular organisation involved in this kind of incident.

Cheers

Mildly modified BF XR6 (Mine - for now)
Luxurious BFII Fairmont Ghia (Hers)
4x4 PX XLT Ranger (As soon as it gets here!!)

Ladies - if a man says he'll do a job, he will do it. There's no need to hassle him about it every six months or so...
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #93
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

I've skipped reading the last 3 pages of this thread and I think I should point out a couple of things, at risk of (at worst) getting banend from AFF or (at least) publically condemned for my views, neither possibility concerning me in the slightest.....

[rant]
1: How often do women use sex and a tool against men? How often has the sex been consensual, then a few days later when she realises he was just another conquest, and that he wont be calling her/buying her flowers, she suddenly screams rape? I'm not saying its true in all cases, but from the instant condemnation of the posters in the first page, its hard to find anyone who would believe that any guy could possibly be anything but guilty

2: How many women/teenage girls slut it up for the famous guys, hoping to be special for one night and hoping it will lead to more? what? never heard of groupies?

3: whats the chances she was quite agreeable to what was happening, untill she got a couple of guys in and realised she'd bitten off more than she could chew? Or maybe she might be like that kiwi woman who screamed rape untill her workmates revealed she'd been bragging about it?

Its a sad fact of life that respect, manners and decency DOES NOT appeal to the younger generation (under 30) of females, what they care about is being seen with the "hot" guys, the bad boys, the "dangerous" and "unpredictable" types, all the better if those guys are the ones oozing in cash.

Theres the old saying that "men will do and say anything to get into a womans pants, and women will do the same to get into a mans wallet".

The unscrupulous, morally deficient, disrespectful guys out there know what it takes to get what they want from women, and use that to their advantage, they find a girl they want to **** and they lie through thier teeth to get what they want from her.

The women, much as they protest and deny (purely because it makes them look like trash), lap it up, thinking its so fantastic that this pig hunting, rum swilling rugged looking (or substitute with hair with a bucket of gel in it, pink elwood t-shirt thats 3 sizes too small, a pocket full of party pills and a closest sexuality issue) guy wants them.

If it lasts more than a one night stand, the girls end up putting up with various forms of mental and physical abuse, thinking they're not going to do any better, and "but he's hot/spontaneous/dangerous/unpredictable/cute/etc" and my favourite of all time....

"But he loves me."

Yeah, right, he loves you.... Thats why you've got bruises, he denies the kid is his, and why he's often out late with the "boys" and comes home smelling like perfume....

At the end of the day, this is how society has progressed, women got rights, they use sex as a tool to get what they want, men find a way around it, and people get hurt.

The real funny part is when you hear women whining about how hard it is to find a really nice guy.... It's because all the silly cows have written the nice guys off as "just friends".....
[/rant]

Cynical? Bloody oath I am.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #94
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All honestly, It is starting to get to the stage where its too disgustingly occuring for society to take.

There are only a handful of crimes worse at this sick level or worse, where i do feel the Death Sentance is the only punishment suitable enough, because it will put victims through one.

No punishment or dollar figure will ever restore the victim's faith in the human race, society, the justice system and our way of life.

Its not like it hasnt happened before, but it is now happening too often.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #95
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

if you want a death sentence introduced, i suggest you do the same for women who falsely accuse men of rape
Old 02-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #96
dave289
Banned

This is what happens when you let too much S h It in your front door and the australain way and morals slowly(or is that quickly) erode away. In the old day these dogs would be dealt with more properly like the anita cobby killers who where given life ,much more of a deterant than the jokes dished out today.on the other hand some women put themselves in such situations and then when it gets out of hand or they are going to be shown as a slute then they cry rape. now there was a story about some guy raping some fashion guru woman in the toilets at the ivy bar in the city. now lets have a look at it, these where comunal toilets meaning both men and women use the same bathroom.It states that it went on from 2:15 till 2:45. a good half hour of which many many people would have been going to the toilets so she could of yelled for help. now if she was that stuffed from taking drugs these women usually follow each other to the toilet in droves ,so doubt she was overcome by drugs if she was than who has put themselves there.the more likely looking scenario is that she "the well known fashion guru who cant be named" decided to go and have sex with some guy in the toilets for half an hour while propably off her head and then when relised that someone saw her who might bring her undune with her husband for example and now wants to cry rape.the guy has claimed it was consentual and come on who is going to rape someone for 1/2 an hour in a public toilet, and one which probably had over 50 people come and go in that time.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #97
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
(He even lets Holden owners in!...........although, admittedly, most of them have to be towed through the Pearly Gates)
Or pushed!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #98
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT40
If this is actually about rape then it is a digrace, and these guys should be punished, but if it is about young girls being sluts, and willingly participate, only to cry rape later, as they might not have gotten out of it what they wanted, the women should be charged.

I have friends that are involved in teams and stuff, and they get this all the time, women freely offering themselves to several men/groups of players for the night(I have witnessed it first hand). These girls mostly get rejected by the men out of fear of rape allegations the next morning and as many of the guys are happily married.

So there are two sides of the story, if the women are happy to participate in this activity(as hundreds possibly thousands do every week end all over the country) then I have no issues with that (and I do not believe it is gay either). If they get raped, ie forced to have sex without consent than Police needs to take action.

The scary thing is when the alcohol has worn off the next morning and the women feel like whores for what they might have consented to the previous night, they might just make a report stating that they were raped just to save face in front of friends and family who might have found out about their exploits with the footy team the night before.

Re the statutory rape thing mentioned earlier, if a man meets a new women (one night stand) on licenced premises drinking alcohol, and the women states she is 18, how can the man be expected to know she might be under age??? I doubt ID checks would be welcomed by the prospective one night stand (don't really know the answer as I have been married for 12 years and as such have been out of the game). Only asking as some stated not knowing is no excuse, I believe it might be, or should be to any red blooded but innocent male who might have got 'lucky' down the pub.....

This is right on the money.....If consensual becomes non consenual because of a feeling of guilt the next day then the innocent guy's life becomes a nightmare for doing nothing more than cheating on his wife and has his whole life history brought out in public because of it....i.e the Matt Johns incident

Now, don't get me wrong I am dead against non consensual sex, abuse of women (sexual. physical or mental) , group sex, gang bangs and cheating on a spouse, but in a lot of these cases the man is an innocent victim who has done nothing more than cheat on his spouse (not illegal)
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #99
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeez, the religiousness is a bit thick in the air in here...

Somebody open a window....

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #100
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
Jeez, the religiousness is a bit thick in the air in here...

Somebody open a window....
Since this is a forum, open to all types of different members, best bet would be for you to make on topic posts. Otherwise you might be feeling the wrath of the forum gods.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 02-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #101
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
Since this is a forum, open to all types of different members, best bet would be for you to make on topic posts. Otherwise you might be feeling the wrath of the forum gods.
Yes that is true but discussions on religion is against T&C and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #102
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Norm

The truth is we (collective) have never known how to treat women. What is even worse is that things are getting worse.

Those of us that have learned now sit in horror at what goes on.

Go to Bathurst and hear "Get out your Tits"

Some times I just feel ashamed.
Wake up MEN. Women are not chattels like furniture. They are human beings.
Hence why I dont go to summernats, because if I do my wife would want to go to and there is no way I will put her in this situation.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #103
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
I've skipped reading the last 3 pages of this thread and I think I should point out a couple of things, at risk of (at worst) getting banend from AFF or (at least) publically condemned for my views, neither possibility concerning me in the slightest.....

[rant]
1: How often do women use sex and a tool against men? How often has the sex been consensual, then a few days later when she realises he was just another conquest, and that he wont be calling her/buying her flowers, she suddenly screams rape? I'm not saying its true in all cases, but from the instant condemnation of the posters in the first page, its hard to find anyone who would believe that any guy could possibly be anything but guilty

2: How many women/teenage girls slut it up for the famous guys, hoping to be special for one night and hoping it will lead to more? what? never heard of groupies?

3: whats the chances she was quite agreeable to what was happening, untill she got a couple of guys in and realised she'd bitten off more than she could chew? Or maybe she might be like that kiwi woman who screamed rape untill her workmates revealed she'd been bragging about it?

Its a sad fact of life that respect, manners and decency DOES NOT appeal to the younger generation (under 30) of females, what they care about is being seen with the "hot" guys, the bad boys, the "dangerous" and "unpredictable" types, all the better if those guys are the ones oozing in cash.

Theres the old saying that "men will do and say anything to get into a womans pants, and women will do the same to get into a mans wallet".

The unscrupulous, morally deficient, disrespectful guys out there know what it takes to get what they want from women, and use that to their advantage, they find a girl they want to **** and they lie through thier teeth to get what they want from her.

The women, much as they protest and deny (purely because it makes them look like trash), lap it up, thinking its so fantastic that this pig hunting, rum swilling rugged looking (or substitute with hair with a bucket of gel in it, pink elwood t-shirt thats 3 sizes too small, a pocket full of party pills and a closest sexuality issue) guy wants them.

If it lasts more than a one night stand, the girls end up putting up with various forms of mental and physical abuse, thinking they're not going to do any better, and "but he's hot/spontaneous/dangerous/unpredictable/cute/etc" and my favourite of all time....

"But he loves me."

Yeah, right, he loves you.... Thats why you've got bruises, he denies the kid is his, and why he's often out late with the "boys" and comes home smelling like perfume....

At the end of the day, this is how society has progressed, women got rights, they use sex as a tool to get what they want, men find a way around it, and people get hurt.

The real funny part is when you hear women whining about how hard it is to find a really nice guy.... It's because all the silly cows have written the nice guys off as "just friends".....
[/rant]

Cynical? Bloody oath I am.

Are you from Moree, because i see pretty much that every Friday or Saturday night.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 03-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #104
bluestreak
Atmo-6 CruiseMissilePilot

Location: Beechboro WA or in a deep dark hole in the desert...

Oh, dear. Some of these posts concern me. Do people really think like that?

Just because something is not illegal doesn't make it alright. What about morals or ethics. Just because they didn't break any laws doesn't make them innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
What’s going wrong with society in Australia? What’s going wrong in the minds of some Youths/Men...?
The first part of the problem is that people think it's okay to do whatever they like if there's no law against it. Sure, go ahead and do whatever you want, it's a free country. But if your actions come back and bite you on the *** you have no one to blame but yourself.

Maybe in an ideal world these guys could go out and cheat on their wives, have a different one-nighter every night, and have a gangbang with their footy club, all without fear of a post-event, guilt ridden rape charge. But in an ideal world girls could go back to some guys hotel room without fear that they'll be packraped or fools assuming they wanted or deserved it for going there in the first place. But we don't live in an ideal world, do we.

If you feel you need to have sex outside of marriage, get a hooker - that's what they're for.

To paraphrase what I said in an earlier post - if you don't want to get into trouble: keep it in your pants. There can be no rape claim if there is no sex.

I don't care if these guys are innocent or not, they shouldn't have got involved in it. Whether or not the girls consented or were victims, they shouldn't have gone there. No matter who was to blame here, I doubt any of them will put themselves in the same situation again.

Does that make me a prude or wowser or something? I don't care. This is what I teach my nephews and if I had a son I'd be teaching him the same.

Man up and have some morals people!

Cheers

Mildly modified BF XR6 (Mine - for now)
Luxurious BFII Fairmont Ghia (Hers)
4x4 PX XLT Ranger (As soon as it gets here!!)

Ladies - if a man says he'll do a job, he will do it. There's no need to hassle him about it every six months or so...
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #105
Thankfull
Banned

Hey group.......I know you do not want to hear the Christian point of view....but your gonna get it.

Have you ever noticed how there is nothing New under the Sun ? that is what the good book says.

You say what is wrong with some Men today ?

There is nothing new under the Sun....why does each generation think it is the only one who has ever lived....and things are going to get worse, believe it or not, its the way of the World.

100 years from now we will all be dust and ashes blowing in the wind....and guess what....there will be nothing new under the Sun!

Dont worry, what Man does to himself, is going to come too and end, for now live the best lives you can, because we are going to answer as individuals, not as groups in the end.

Be assured the end will come one day.

Peace
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #106
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankfull
Hey group.......I know you do not want to hear the Christian point of view....but your gonna get it.

Have you ever noticed how there is nothing New under the Sun ? that is what the good book says.

You say what is wrong with some Men today ?

There is nothing new under the Sun....why does each generation think it is the only one who has ever lived....and things are going to get worse, believe it or not, its the way of the World.

100 years from now we will all be dust and ashes blowing in the wind....and guess what....there will be nothing new under the Sun!

Dont worry, what Man does to himself, is going to come too and end, for now live the best lives you can, because we are going to answer as individuals, not as groups in the end.

Be assured the end will come one day.

Peace
Hmm, maybe I should spring for that car bra.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #107
dsyfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankfull

Peace
Bloody hell, that will take a while, can you imagine the size of the queues.

"Bad things happen when good men fail to act". Now some take this to mean vigilante type stuff, my take on the frase is that you fail to act when you fail to bring up your child right, or fail to correct a behaviour because it's too hard etc.
How many times have you heard a parent complaining that the school has failed their child, rather than stepping up and taking over where the school lacks.

We now live in an instant gratification society, people want to have their needs met now, screw the consequences. Hungry? grab a burger, cooking is too hard and too slow (I really believe diet and health play a massive role in how people feel and see the world). Bored? turn on the plasma, or iphone, or PSP or....

Even children from the worst scum out there can become a decent human being with the right guidance.

Correct education is the key, if they can learn the wrong way they can learn the right way.

my 2cents
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #108
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I think at this point we have had enough diverse opinions to call this a day before we end up with more of the lunatic fringe contributing.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread