Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #91
JG34JA

Default Manners

We've raised our boys conservatively and with manners, and everywhere they go they are complimented for being courteous, considerate, and polite. It's all how you raise them. The boys also understand many people out there will not be like this.

I'd like to compliment the 'Gen Y' young people who are a few years younger than I; where we have been lately they have been friendly, considerate, knowledgeable, interesting, chatty even, and have shown great consideration for others. Kids living the travel dream, no doubt. Therein lies the key - pursue your dreams, constantly be grateful for Life, remove yourself from stresses if possible but overcome the ones significant to you. Smell the roses and love people.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #92
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGGT RAA
im what you could call a young bogan lookin kinda dude - early 20's, scruffy hair, lip ring, wear band t-shirts etc. I help the ol nannas all the time and to be honest half of them dont even say thanks, probly coz their scared im gonna nick off with thier purse... but i helped a nana the other day at the butchers and she was stoked, called me a fine young gentleman

Theres knobheads of all ages everywhere, but theres also good people of all ages everywhere too...
Good onya keep doing it you never know someone else might decide to follow your good example. Your probably right about the purse bit but you'll find they talk and slowly but surely the thanks will come.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #93
Tough Ford

Hey notice stay positive the guy tried to kidnapp your girl and you took action. That's what you saw,Right. That's how I would see it. Any judge could not argue with that, your defending your family and property.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Tough Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #94
mick10010

Quote:
Originally Posted by notice
You think that's bad. . . The other week i was filling up the effy and a car was in front of me so i told my partner ill go pay, since i cant move.

Leaving her in the car while waiting to pay the person in front of me paid and left just before i got to the counter and this ******* decided to get into my truck and move it, with my partner still in it

Being the local servo and many of my friends parents work there they didn't worry about calling the cops after i flattened him after telling me i was the ****wit and he could move my car if he so damn well felt so

sadly have to see the station later this week cops came to my door the day after agree that he was a tool but fracturing his eye socket was not the way to go even tho he very much deserved it

never had any trouble with the police only 21 and am in that stupid disrespectful gen (being raised by my grandfather gave me a better head on me then some of the kids getting around here) and am currently entering the army in march hoping this doesn't screw everything up for me

sorry for my rant.........
Violence is bad mmkay and all that, but good job mate. Sounds like he deserved it. Best of luck.
mick10010 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #95
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Another servo experience. The servo I regularly use has 3 rows of bowsers, 2 bowsers in each plus an LPG bowser in between. I was filling up at the second bowser and the guy in front just finished filling. The car wanting to use the bowsers next was right up my clacker and there was a fair queue behind. Cars going 2 x 2 through each lane works well and in the shop there was just one other customer between the bloke who filled at the first bowser and me.

When I exited the shop the guy at the front left and just as I was getting into my bar a queue jumper in a 4WD jammed past and backed right up to my nose to use the LPG bowser. He saw me get into my car to leave and he didn't give a crap!! I was boxed in and couldn't move.

Just as he screwed the LPG bowser on I couldn't contain myself and said "not only did you jump the queue you just couldn't wait 10 seconds for me to leave".

The reply I got was unprintable. I called him a "Richard Cranium" and got another aggressive response. I had no choice but to sit there and wait for him. When he finally finished and returned to his car he flipped me the bird just for good measure.

What an ***. The guy was aged roughly in his Mid-50's I guess. Certainly not the so-called selfish young generation!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #96
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This stuff tended not to happen when the servo's actually served you - i.e. put the petrol in for you.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #97
arlester

I'm 19 so am in this self obsessed generation.

I think of my self as one of the good ones who lookout for other people and try not to annoy other people. But I also know that people my age can be selfish and rude. Sometimes it staggers me where they get the nerve from.
arlester is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #98
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

One of the mistakes of the older generations is trying too hard to be seen as a the 'cool parent' and raise our kids as 'mates', as opposed to the way our parents raised us with dicipline, courtesy and and most importantly, respect.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #99
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlester
I'm 19 so am in this self obsessed generation.

I think of my self as one of the good ones who lookout for other people and try not to annoy other people. But I also know that people my age can be selfish and rude. Sometimes it staggers me where they get the nerve from.
I'm 20 and I hardly think its a generation thing.
You see nice and rude people of all ages.

I hate when people say "respect your elders" I'm not going to respect anyone who doesn't deserve it. If an older person acts like an ******* and treats me bad I will do the same back to them, why should I respect someone based on age.

I am not a violent person at all. Went through my whole school life without getting into a fight, sure there was people I didn't like but never actually fought them. But I still think the guy at the servo deserved a punch in the face for stealing your car with you missus in it.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #100
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with previous posts its not a gen thing its how your raised.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #101
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsta
I think in Sydney in particular things have gone to the dogs it seems every one is rude and has a attitude of i am better so **** off.
Immigration & multiculturalisim; Means no kinship, reduced societal cohesion and charitable involvement. Reduced nation-state cohesiveness.

The dumbing-down and PC agenda along with minority rights assertion; makes for a cranky populace frustrated with the way things are.

Education reform agenda; We teach much but much of it meaningless, even pointless. We promote mediocrity, even mediocre teachers.

We allowed Fabian/labor GovCo's to remove open road speed derestriction (//) in favor of a one size fits all speed limit. On-road behavior worsens, we now ENJOY ****ing other drivers off, it's what the driving system AND other realities in AUS promote. Mateship is dying, naturally, and where it now applies, is under increasingly rare circumstance.

Mass media and internet; means people have soo much choice leaving the nation state even more vulnerable to "agenda" reform and attack as many are tuned-out to even caring.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #102
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxm
Exactly
next time your in a shop of any kind have a listen and I'll bet you wont hear any of these words from customers
As an employer, basic manners are one of the indicators that we look for in potential employees. There are rewards to be had for adhering to some social conventions..
Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #103
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangq
As an employer, basic manners are one of the indicators that we look for in potential employees. There are rewards to be had for adhering to some social conventions..
Steve
Like keeping your job and getting payed.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 01-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #104
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a funny story relating to servo manners.

I had an old laser that was my first car, so at this stage I didnt know alot about cars. Anyway I did an oil change & put too mutch oil in & the result was the car smoked like a steam train. I didnt know this till I went to work the next day.

On the way home from work I pulled into the local servo & parked out the front to get some supplies. When I came back a guy had parked behind me so I couldnt get out & he was still in the car with the windows down. I asked him nicely if he would move So I could get out & he said that his mrs was inside & would only be a second.

So on this note I fired up the old laser, gave it a few revs & out came this huge cloud of smoke. I dont think his mrs had come out of the shop yet but he had moved on without me having to ask twice.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #105
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Yeah that just isn't cricket, sure if you wanna pop in 10 bucks and you'll only take a few tics, no problem.

Thing is you can come across a whole bunch of people with poor manners and then you'll meet a real gentlemen and forget the bad ones.

I sometimes wonder what parents do nowadays the way some kids act.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:41 AM   #106
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Immigration & multiculturalisim; Means no kinship, reduced societal cohesion and charitable involvement. Reduced nation-state cohesiveness.

The dumbing-down and PC agenda along with minority rights assertion; makes for a cranky populace frustrated with the way things are.

Education reform agenda; We teach much but much of it meaningless, even pointless. We promote mediocrity, even mediocre teachers.

We allowed Fabian/labor GovCo's to remove open road speed derestriction (//) in favor of a one size fits all speed limit. On-road behavior worsens, we now ENJOY ****ing other drivers off, it's what the driving system AND other realities in AUS promote. Mateship is dying, naturally, and where it now applies, is under increasingly rare circumstance.

Mass media and internet; means people have soo much choice leaving the nation state even more vulnerable to "agenda" reform and attack as many are tuned-out to even caring.
you make a couple of good points but i think immigration has done alot of great things for oz really with the exception of the people that come here and hate the place I really dont understand why they wanna come here stay in their mosks and burn the aussie and amercian flags... I mean if we disgust you that much **** off back to your war torn **** holes...

But the immigrants that come here from all over usually from asian and euro backgrounds embrace the country become aussie help build our country and these wont be the people putting their finger up at you in traffic.

End of the day you decide to start a better life here you are most welcome but embrace the aussie culture and leave your war and hatred behind.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #107
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the main problem with lack of manners is nannying kids to mutch for fear of hurting their feelings. Its almost becomming criminal to dicipline kids now.

Pre school teachers are now no longer allowed to tell the kids no. For fear of the kid growing up with issues. So Kids now grow up knowing that adults cant do anything to stop them.

I dont agree that belting kids is right, but a little smack on the bum when I deserved it never hurt me. You cant do that anymore

For example my old neigbours had a son that was a bit out of control.

He would run amock & he would dictate to them what they wernt allowed to do.

They would tell him no, he would come back with, what are you going to do about it. they theatend to smack him but he would say the teachers at school said your not allowed to & I'll tell the police that you belt me if you do.

It got to the point where the parents were afraid to do anything for fear they would get in trouble.

They ended up calling the police themselfs to get advice so they wouldnt get in trouble. And they were very helpful & gave them some information on places to get help.

Its sad but this is what the world is comming too.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 AM   #108
dogwatch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by notice
You think that's bad. . . The other week i was filling up the effy and a car was in front of me so i told my partner ill go pay, since i cant move.

Leaving her in the car while waiting to pay the person in front of me paid and left just before i got to the counter and this ******* decided to get into my truck and move it, with my partner still in it

Being the local servo and many of my friends parents work there they didn't worry about calling the cops after i flattened him after telling me i was the ****wit and he could move my car if he so damn well felt so

sadly have to see the station later this week cops came to my door the day after agree that he was a tool but fracturing his eye socket was not the way to go even tho he very much deserved it

never had any trouble with the police only 21 and am in that stupid disrespectful gen (being raised by my grandfather gave me a better head on me then some of the kids getting around here) and am currently entering the army in march hoping this doesn't screw everything up for me

sorry for my rant.........
Tell the police you want him charged with car theft and kidnapping, which is basically what he did!!!!!!!!!!!!
dogwatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #109
superyob
Banned

Lack of manners is nothing new in the history of human existence. Consider this quote from the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates: "Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."

There never has been a 'golden age' of manners and there never will be.
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #110
ea90_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Unfortunately a lot of servos dont have one way directions into the lines for the pumps.
But i understand where he is coming from.
It happened to me at the servo up the road a while back where the car infront finished and drove off, the next car came in from the opposite direction and i then had to reverse out which was difficult as there were cars everywhere behind me, so the next person could get in.

The person behind wouldnt have been happy as he was in a que behind me and waiting, while the guy who simply drove in after him got his fuel before the guy in line.

I hate inconsiderate ****** you follow them into the servo there is 2 sets of pumps and they know your behind them instead of going to the 1st one which has ULP, PULP same as 2nd pump they stop at the 2nd pump causing you to wait or go around them!!!
1992 Toyota Supra JZA70 - GT30
ea90_S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #111
cycle myth

Yeah society's attitude of the self as "center of the universe" continues.

Sadly more and more of late (or am I getting old?)

I've been on the wrong side of the stick to those described here also.

Makes me fume and I restrain and saying (or doing) anything - as there are some real sicko's out there.

Take the satisfaction that I do - knowing that one day these inconsiderate ****'s will get their comeupance.

May not be soon but they will.

Darwin's theory will rule.

Please don't let the crap attitude of others be a cancer on your own good manners and appoach to others.

What goes around will come around and in a big dose.
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #112
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob
Lack of manners is nothing new in the history of human existence. Consider this quote from the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates: "Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."

There never has been a 'golden age' of manners and there never will be.
No there are just more grumpy old basttards.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #113
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had someone be really rude to me once when i had a mouth full of food....
they wore the food........and copped a slap in the ears.....
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #114
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle myth
Yeah society's attitude of the self as "center of the universe" continues.

Sadly more and more of late (or am I getting old?)

I've been on the wrong side of the stick to those described here also.

Makes me fume and I restrain and saying (or doing) anything - as there are some real sicko's out there.

Take the satisfaction that I do - knowing that one day these inconsiderate ****'s will get their comeupance.

May not be soon but they will.

Darwin's theory will rule.

Please don't let the crap attitude of others be a cancer on your own good manners and appoach to others.

What goes around will come around and in a big dose.

Good post mate, I forgot all about Karma. I use to live by it and i guess for the most part it works for me.

I usually have extremes in my life of good and bad, i always get a park easily out the front in impossible circumstances im always considerate and respectful towards others until they give me reason not to be and even than i will be diplomatic and will never do the wrong thing by someone even though ive been screwed by others but sometimes you look around and see the biggest ****** doing quite well for themselves and you think WTF.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #115
LeeThal61
Starter Motor

so many tools about these days, manners like alot things have gone to hell, things like spelling, or even sewing or basic cooking skills, wtf are these parents doing with the next gen? god help us!
LeeThal61 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #116
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint347dave
was she good looking at least?
I cant stand good looking woman that know it and use it to her advantage like in this scenario.

If there is someone with me and an attractive woman is being rude or doing something that you cant get away with unless your a 'hotty' I turn to my mate and say "Nah, she looks like a slapper!"
9/10 times they get super offended and puts them in a spot of awkwardness.
Priceless.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #117
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsta

But the immigrants that come here from all over usually from asian and euro backgrounds embrace the country become aussie help build our country and these wont be the people putting their finger up at you in traffic.

End of the day you decide to start a better life here you are most welcome but embrace the aussie culture and leave your war and hatred behind.
The bottomline is assimilation. If anyone from another country is going to immigrate to another, then assimilate. Learn the language, customs, embrace the country and be proud of that country.

The prob is when immigrants live their new lives the same way they did in their old country and yet expect the benefits of the new. It doesn't work that way.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #118
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
I cant stand good looking woman that know it and use it to her advantage like in this scenario.

If there is someone with me and an attractive woman is being rude or doing something that you cant get away with unless your a 'hotty' I turn to my mate and say "Nah, she looks like a slapper!"
9/10 times they get super offended and puts them in a spot of awkwardness.
Priceless.
Ummm, it's not only 'hotty' women, it's guys too. Some guys think they're "god's gift to women" and expect the world. Just trying to be fair here.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #119
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Wow, just had a read of some of the posts. Sorry to say, but some people need to get a clue.

I have been teaching basic life values in my region of NSW and hundreds like me all round the country, have been having amazing success. And we are talking about the teenagers that some of you are referring to, who become the 20's +, leaders, drop outs, professionals, tradies etc.

In my opinion, people now days are more selfish, self seeking, self gratifying and want everything; the way they want it; when they want it (instant society). We are creating this issue because of us. The person to blame here is the one sitting at the keyboard, phone reading this. Including me!

And instead if whining, punching (admitted idiots) and being self focussed about the issue. Go and spend time with the next generation of kids that will shape our society and be a role model.

Too hard, not my issue you say? That same mentality is the part of the problem. There's an old saying that applies...

"If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem".

And if you're struggling to come up with ideas as to how... PM me I can suggest to you networks to connect with all round Australia... and other countries too.

Your call.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build

Last edited by Mr Brooksy; 04-01-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #120
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft

Agree in entirety. Top post.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post