Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #91
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Would you vote if you didn't have to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Im confused by this whole debate everybody moans and complains about whats best for the country then critizises the government who has the facts and figures more then most people can who believe they are making the right decision for the country just because you personaly believe a decision they make isnt right for the country doesnt make it wrong people need to wake up and realize there are differing views to all things thats how democracy works or perhaps take away having to vote then we can wind up like america where the only people who vote are regliious nuts rich people and those who want to twist the agenda to suit there own tastes it would be the lazy fat masses who suffer eg 90 perfect of the population not the rabbid 10 percent who are nutty enough to force opinion there way just go to the dam polling booth vote for somebody even if its the nazi party and enjoy ur democracy instead of sitting around complaining or better yet move to a country without or even talk to people who have lived there and would kill for a vote eg syria. The biggest problem with a constant democracy is the complacency and ignorance it breeds in its population who come to expect there thoughts above all others are correct.

Totally agree, difficult to read though!

And points to Big Trev for some fantastic points well made. I'm not a fan of the current government as many aren't. But compared to the alternative in Tony Abbott, they're infinitely preferable.

I know you vote for the party and not the leader, but seriously, if Abbott ever ends up leading this country, it would be an absolute disaster. He is nothing but a fundamentalist religious nut bag who shouldn't even be where he is now. It would be an embarrassment to the country, to have a leader who has expressed the kinds of views he has in the past. I've vowed to move out of Australia if he ever gets in.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #92
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Would i vote if i didn't have to? Damn right i would! Ive always voted and as ive gotten older ive become more sophisticated on what issues and what party i vote for. I wonder how many people vote for political parties simply because theyre family/friends voted for them also. But just remember in this day & age the political parties say one thing to get in then do more backflips than Robbie Maddison once theyre in. The less politically savvy will get sucked in by words calculated to win votes, the more politically savvy will take a look at their track record and vote accordingly. The political parties around the world are mostly at the extremes now (close to far right). Get politics back to the centre or else if you think things are bad today lets see how things are in 5 - 10 years time.

ps- listen to ABC news 24 after 11pm, the BBC (background breifings etc) are on and not afraid to tell it as it is.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #93
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Totally agree, difficult to read though!

And points to Big Trev for some fantastic points well made. I'm not a fan of the current government as many aren't. But compared to the alternative in Tony Abbott, they're infinitely preferable.

I know you vote for the party and not the leader, but seriously, if Abbott ever ends up leading this country, it would be an absolute disaster. He is nothing but a fundamentalist religious nut bag who shouldn't even be where he is now. It would be an embarrassment to the country, to have a leader who has expressed the kinds of views he has in the past. I've vowed to move out of Australia if he ever gets in.
I realise that as most Australians seem to spend far too much time in front of Television they seem to forget that this is AUSTRALIA.

Not USA where they have a President.
Not UK where they have a Monarch.

The Prime Minister of Australia is not voted for by the people as the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister is chosen by the members of the party that is in Government.

Historically the major parties have chosen a new leader in the run up before the election. This is to trick the idiots into thinking that a new leader will change everything and to allow the deposed to take the blame, to die for their sins so to speak.

Federal.....Rudd, Gillard, Howard, Hawke, Keating, Whitlam just to name a few.
State...for me Newman, Beattie, Goss and for other states you know what has happened there.

The Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition are blamed for every single stuff up whether they were responsible or not so as when the election is called they can be sacrificed if necessary to increase the chances of party election.

To go any further into this will start to be secular which breaches T&C but I will take any bet that after the next Federal election regardless of the result neither the current PM nor LO will in charge.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #94
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

To me voting is no different to buying a lotto ticket.....and i haven't won lotto yet either....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post