Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #91
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Scammed $886 ;'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Which means wasting your time...real constructive...NOT
True... so all the hours some of us spend on here each day goes to curing cancer or solving world hunger??

If you waste their time, and it's at no burden to you then it gives them less time to scam others....

An oldie, but a goodie ;)

http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #92
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
An oldie, but a goodie ;)

http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm
LOL........love it.

And it seems that more than 22,000 people are 'wasting their time'
Old 23-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #93
The Doc 460

[quote=JC]I have over 500 transactions on eBay, and at least 75% of them through paypal, and I have not been scammed once (at least, not to my knowledge...). Why? because I trust no-one and nothing. I NEVER click on a supposed "paypal" link in emails (I use the favourite link in my browser). I have "trained" my missus to do the same. Neither of us click on any browser links in an email, unless we can verify the link and/or the email address first.

If you suspect everyone, and trust no-one, and don't go blindly clicking on links and paypal or ebay advice, then the $886 lesson may in fact be the only time you get scammed, so could actually be a cheap lesson (I know it doesn't feel like it now...).[/quote

It,s a Sad but true state of the world we live in today!!....Sorry ya had to learn the hard way...Here,s some advise that will help in the future.
NEVER>>NEVER>>NEVER
  1. Click on a link within an email from anyone always copy and paste into your browser.
  2. Your Bank, Internet provider, Paypal or any other Important service provider will never ask you to click on a link within an email
  3. You dont have recently deceased relatives in any oversea,s country that has left you a fortune, just click here.
  4. You have not won 250million Euro or American from a lottery you never entered, but we did on your behalf (click Here)
  5. Never deal with Western Union
  6. Never reveal your passwords or PIN numbers on unsecure sites
  7. Your bank or Paypal will never ask you to disclose the above details by clicking on a link within an email
  8. Never take a phone call and believe that it,s a phone Tech call Stevo who is doing a line check and needs you to enter a 3 or 4 digit number into your phone, if you do you give them access to your phone line, that,s how alot of these scams exist
  9. Never take a phone call from someone who say,s their name is Tony/Robert/Stevo/Barry thats sounds as tho English is a second language, that reckon their from Microsoft and they have detected a virius on your computer, and need you to give them access to your PC to be able to fix it.
As you can see, from the above there is always someone out there looking to scam/rip/or rob you, we havent even touched on having your Credit Card skimmed or copied....It,s a Jungle out there ppl....Hope this helps someone.

Cheers Stimpy
Street Machine
2009/10 Offical Bathurst Medical Response Vehicle
2009/12 Featured in Several Magazine,s
*Member Ford Motorsport 10sec Club
*Official Top speed 320kmph Conrod Straight 2009
The Doc 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #94
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
LOL........love it.

And it seems that more than 22,000 people are 'wasting their time'

Unfortunately I don't spend hours searching the interweb looking for these sorts of sites.

Now that something like this site has been put up, it might just help out. So scarsasm can be stopped now

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #95
dday
needs a polish

I have been trading on various accounts since 1998 n ebay. Yu just need to look for the signs that the trade is not all it seems to be.

This off ebay tool can help you in some situations goofbay especially for items sold on best offer. The misspelled item search often brings up many misadvertised bargains

Toolhaus is another excellent off ebay tool for checking feedback.

Often when checking feedback profiles it is more important to check a sellers/buyers feedback section "feedback left for others" as serial buyer neggers and "positive negative seller feedback leavers" stand out like the dog's nads
dday is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #96
Alister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis
PayPal has its flaws to. All a buyer has to do is make a b.s complaint and PayPal give them there money back. Then you got no item and no money. I only do pickup items now. If they want a courier ect I ask for direct deposit or it will be pickup as stated in auction
I used to like Paypal but lost all faith in it when something went wrong - and I was the buyer!

Bought a set of "genuine" MSD ignition leads for my LS1, paid about $130 including shipping, buyer sent me his own home made leads using MSD wire but the connectors were generic crap and the leads were very POORLY made. I gave it a go anyway and tried to install the leads myself but couldn't fit my hands in to do them all and took them to my mechanic (he said it's easier to do it from underneath the car, nice). Wasted the money on labour to get that done and the car was running like an absolute pig. All the interior lights would flash, relays inside the car under the dash were making constant clicking noises, the car was misfiring and idling like it had the lumpiest cam ever etc

Contacted the seller who apologised and said it would replace the item but of course, I wanted a refund and wasn't interested in his bodgy home made leads. Seller refused. Lodged a complaint with paypal who took about 29 days to make a decision and then denied my claim with no reasoning.

Yeah, great buyer protection...
Alister is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post