Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #91
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray
hi i work for holden dealer and the ve range that holden have made the cars have the same problems that when they 1st car came off the line back in 2006 and if holden cant fix there cars. how can the dealer fix it
And that is different to BA/BF and Territorys how?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #92
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

the only desent holden in my books is the VE HSV Maloo

i work at a car dealership and we had an 05 commy on our lot...around the same time i got my 05 falcon. i had to drive the commodore up the backyard ot give it a wash 4 a customer. u have to be a pro wrestler to steer it. the in terior was too black, dull adn boring and this light kept flashin and had this really anooying beep if i didnt have me seatbelt on. the falcon does that buit only when u go over 10k/hr.

Cheers,
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #93
big_fella_1991
Starter Motor

I would never consider buying a commodore.

In my opinion, they look crap, they drive crap, gutless as all hell (even the v8's) and they sound crap to.

I drive many a commodore at work, we had a worked v8 commo in, I was running it back around the front took it along this straight bit of road and flattened it...and nothing. It chugged along worse then a bloody....chugger!
big_fella_1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #94
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fella_1991

In my opinion, they look crap, they drive crap, gutless as all hell (even the v8's) and they sound crap to.

I drive many a commodore at work, we had a worked v8 commo in, I was running it back around the front took it along this straight bit of road and flattened it...and nothing. It chugged along worse then a bloody....chugger!
i dont like holdens but you cant say that 6.2 is slow ,will light up and go at the drop of the hat ,dont get too 1 eyed it will bight you hard.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #95
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:

maybe turn "off" the traction control hey :
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #96
Fab1976
Starter Motor

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Blue]
Hey guys i just joined fordforums as i recently purchased a 2006 BF XR6. i would like some info in regards to what are the best options to improve sound, fuel economy etc. any ideas would be appreciated. and yeah ive hated commodores ever since i drove my sisters vn 15 years ago. piece of crap it was.
Fab1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #97
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab1976
Hey guys i just joined fordforums as i recently purchased a 2006 BF XR6. i would like some info in regards to what are the best options to improve sound, fuel economy etc. any ideas would be appreciated. and yeah ive hated commodores ever since i drove my sisters vn 15 years ago. piece of crap it was.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=113985

This should help you out.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #98
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

Yeah right, the V8 commodore, a "worked" one at that is gutless compared to a Falcon.

This thread just keeps getting more and more nonsensical... the car is crap because of the handbrake is not a big he man in your face metal pole with he man grips, the engaged handbrake alarm sounds when reversing and what was the other really bad thing... oh yes someone couldn't push the stalk then flick a switch to set cruise and activate it.... surely a Ford fan is so smart he wouldn't have any bother with such a primitive system. Have any of you ever driven an Audi 6 pot... you really should to find out what the advanced euro designs do with handbraking and cruise.

Reading some of these posts reinforces to me how people will patently lie to be part of a group. Who cares that you would never buy a Commodore, no one's going to hang around your front verge to ensure you keep your word, the press isn't going to headline your loyalty to a near bankrupt american company. Just because dear old dad drove a kingswood doesn't mean you have to buy a commodore, same goes with the falcon. I've had several falcons and several commodores and was unhappy with just one = a US import Ford.

Who said that the Holden 6 had to be equal in power as the environmentaly unfriendly Falcon 6? I personally don't like the Holden 6 commodores, but obviously many people find them satisfactory to their needs. I'm sure the vast majority of those same buyers couldn't care less what diehard Falcon supporters or diehard Holden supporters think.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #99
Fab1976
Starter Motor

thanks for that daniel. plenty of options to have a look at. cheers.
Fab1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #100
Ford Fox
SUPERSTAR!!

Had my first drive of a brand new VE today
My thoughts of VE Berlina:
Cons
-Cabin Rattles??
- Floaty Rear suspension
- Stupid handbrake set up
- Stupid Cruise Control position
- A-Pillar Size
- Gutless Engine (3.6)( ya really need to rev the s*** out of it to get it going)
- 4-speed Gearbox banging into gears(thought this only happened on a Falcon with 200k on the clock)
- Brakes (WTF? I nearly didnt pull it up at one stage)
- Centre console (too many different buttons for my liking)
- Skinny steering wheel (dont like it at all)
Pros
- Good take off (accelerator not as touchy as my BA)
- Boot good shape
- Doesnt look that bad(even if the front looks like a BA Falcon)
- Decent size inside
Ford Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post