Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #91
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
Just heard on the radio that the police have admitted they made a mistake.
So...if it wasn't for their mistake, then Ben would never have been asked to do the drug test in the first place.
Must make WCE feel pretty stupid too.
POLICE HAVE ADMITTED TO MAKING A MISTAKE. Now that is breaking news !!!!!!
Old 19-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #92
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it just goes to prove you can't believe everything you hear!
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 19-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #93
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He may not have been caught with anything this time, but it still doesn't change the fact that he is involved in drugs and has been for some time and hangs around with people who most would not consider good citizens.

Major Crime don't just follow you around for the hell of it, they have better things to do than Follow around Cousins for no good reason.
Old 19-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #94
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly I don't believe for a second that anything would have happened to him.
C'mon peoples he is a football star, nothing can happen to these people, they can do no wrong.
Footballers are over paid spoilt brats who do nothing but cause trouble anywhere they go. How many times do we hear of a footballer (any code) being caught up in drugs, drunken disorders, fights, etc? These people should not be treated any different from the rest of us. I bet if it was one of us in the situation there'd be a lot of cell time.
Ben Cousins should be no different, he has been let off each time including running off from a booze bus. The guy is a f-in tool no question about it.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:04 PM   #95
prydey
Rob

so if he's suddenly oh so innocent and its the usual story of big bad police, why has he decided to check back into rehab in u.s.a.

like i said before, just because people don't test positive doesn't mean they are not on drugs. it just means they have a very good doctor with great masking agents.

if you got pulled over and the only drug you had on you was a prescription drug then i don't think you'd be too worried about submitting a blood test. the minute cousins did that he is automatically assumed to be hiding something.

if this news was regarding fevola or maybe even a lesser known player it would not get the same reaction.

cousins was a great player but also a big fool and now the credibility of his career is shot for mine. the fact that he has boundless energy and hardly gets injured could very well be an effect of the drugs he's been on.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #96
bigsamzef
98' EL XR6 manual

you tool if you knew anything, you would know he had already planned on going back to the states before any of this happened.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #97
[dave]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cousins is a great player if another club picked him up than he would be away from all the trobles in WA and also have a chance at a fresh start
Old 19-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #98
Bossxr8
Peter Car

He was found with diazepam, a very strong pain killer that's also used as a recreational drug even though its legal with a prescription. Also the guy in the car with him had cocaine and weed.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #99
nobbystang

I also read on another forum that he wasn't even driving?? Apparently some builders??? who saw the incident claim the girl was driving and Ben was in the back??? Would love to hear all the facts, rather than all these rumours. Until then, I'll just hope he goes #1 in the PSD

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
Old 19-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #100
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsamzef
you tool if you knew anything, you would know he had already planned on going back to the states before any of this happened.

grow up son and get rid of the wool from over your eyes. the guy's a druggie. thats a fact. the drugs found are not illegal but are quite often used in conjunction with illicit drugs to enhance or sober up the effects. he refused a blood test which means he's a bit dim or he had something to hide.
Old 19-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #101
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesnt anyone find it a bit odd that the camera's were there for nearly the whole thing?
Smells like a media tip-off/set-up to me....

The Police were most likely just doing their jobs, mabe it was a quiet news day in WA..

Old 19-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #102
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Doesnt anyone find it a bit odd that the camera's were there for nearly the whole thing?
I have to admit I think the same. Ben is no saint but something isn't right about the whole arrest incident.

Such a shame he will never play again. The Eagles are standing by their position, but are they right ? Should he still stay sacked ?

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
Old 19-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #103
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJason
I have to admit I think the same. Ben is no saint but something isn't right about the whole arrest incident.

Such a shame he will never play again. The Eagles are standing by their position, but are they right ? Should he still stay sacked ?
He's no saint i agree..

But ask yourself this, there were 4 people in the car, where were the other 3? why werent they with Cousins? why was cousins kept at the car by himself for 2hrs? was cousins kept there by himself to parade in front of the media as a trophy?

Old 20-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #104
Scott

Quote:

The Police were most likely just doing their jobs, mabe it was a quiet news day in WA..
Yep.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...6&postcount=29
Old 20-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #105
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
He was found with diazepam, a very strong pain killer that's also used as a recreational drug even though its legal with a prescription. Also the guy in the car with him had cocaine and weed.

Diazepam is an anti-anxiety drug, considering what has happened recently, diazepam would be pretty useful. hell i've taken it and don't have a prescription, i guess the organised crime unit will be bashing down my door soon
Old 20-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #106
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently he is considering legal action now against the Police, AFL and WCE....

In terms of diazapan tablets given his alleged addictions, recent loss and likely state of mind given the turmoil he's been in id fully expect to find him with them......

Old 20-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #107
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Apparently someone noticed Cousins at the scene and called channel 9 then they rushed to the scene?
Old 20-10-2007, 11:50 AM   #108
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i mean he returned from a Drug rehab clinic, Lucky him being a highly paid star who can afford such a luxury's.
The Season has finished, so no real pressure or media spotlight on him
He is guaranteed a spot on the team next year
Makes 800,000+ a year or what ever the hell it is.
Just has to take it easy till pre season starts up.

Yeah his life is a living hell.

In fact the only thing he had to do was stay away from the unsavoury characters he chooses to keep company with and stay away from the gear, but no even that simple task proved to much for Ben to handle.

All the unfortunate incidents that just happen to of taken place wile Ben was close buy , I mean how unlucky can one completely Innocent person be.

organised crime don't just nab you for the hell of it.
Old 20-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #109
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Apparently he is considering legal action now against the Police, AFL and WCE....
What a joke. He refused a drug test, which is illegal, and he was in a car with another person in possesion of cocaine and weed, which was probably his anyway. He's not innocent of anything, he contract clearly stated he was to stay away from drugs and not get in any trouble with the police, so its clear cut to me he broke that agreement so his contract is over.

If he had half a brain he would stay away from the people he does hang around with, he should have known it was going to end this way. What a dumbass.
Old 20-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #110
xr8-200

Bossxr8, the guy with the weed and cocaine wasn't in bens car, he was in a second car that was pulled over somewhere else at the same time.
Old 20-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #111
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Can this God damn thread Die already... Ben Cousins is a moron, get over it.
Old 20-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #112
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What a joke. He refused a drug test, which is illegal, and he was in a car with another person in possesion of cocaine and weed, which was probably his anyway.
He's in trouble for refusing a drug test.. pretty much end of story.
He might get off that if he was wrongly detained in the first place.

Quote:
He's not innocent of anything, he contract clearly stated he was to stay away from drugs and not get in any trouble with the police, so its clear cut to me he broke that agreement so his contract is over.
How do you know he's not innocent? he wasnt caught with drugs, so he hasnt broken any rules other than the fail to comply.

Just because he was pulled over and charged doesnt make him guilty, nor does it break any club rules unless they have a rule that says you can't get pulled over by the police which in itself would be impossible to have control over. IMO the WCE should have held off doing anything till he had his day in court and got convicted...
If the charge was proven then dump him and good ridance.. till then he's entitled to the presumption of innocence and a fair go.

Old 20-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #113
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

How do you know he's not innocent? he wasnt caught with drugs, so he hasnt broken any rules other than the fail to comply.

Just because he was pulled over and charged doesnt make him guilty, nor does it break any club rules unless they have a rule that says you can't get pulled over by the police which in itself would be impossible to have control over. IMO the WCE should have held off doing anything till he had his day in court and got convicted...
If the charge was proven then dump him and good ridance.. till then he's entitled to the presumption of innocence and a fair go.
Fair enough.
Old 20-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #114
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No it was part of his agreement with the club, keep out of trouble with the Cop's, Keep his behaviour off the field in check Ect or by by..

I would say being followed by Major crime, being pulled over after driving Erratically and then refusing to take a drug test breeches that agreement. That's forgetting some of the other incidents Ben has been present at, strange death of a Former West Cost Star anyone, is it possible he is just that unlucky, I very much doubt it.

If I showed up to work and refused to take a drug test I would be shown the door.
Old 20-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #115
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
No it was part of his agreement with the club, keep out of trouble with the Cop's, Keep his behaviour off the field in check Ect or by by..

I would say being followed by Major crime, being pulled over after driving Erratically and then refusing to take a drug test breeches that agreement. That's forgetting some of the other incidents Ben has been present at, strange death of a Former West Cost Star anyone, is it possible he is just that unlucky, I very much doubt it.

If I showed up to work and refused to take a drug test I would be shown the door.
Im not sure of the wording of his contract or agreement, but i cant see how you can catagorise being pulled over by the police as being "in trouble with the police". Hundreds of people get pulled over every day for random checks to speeding infringements..
If they are charged and convicted of an offence than i agree with you, till then they're innocent in my eyes..

Old 20-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #116
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would say it's got to do in the way he was stopped and by the division of the Police who were involved and the circumstances in which he was stopped followed by the lack of corporation on his behalf.

It's no secret in WA anyway what Ben gets up to or the company that he keeps, John Kizon hasn't been charged either, but evrybody knows who he is and what he does.

Cousins, may be a good player, but he also brings the WCE allot of unwanted publicity and problems, they have finely had enough and him off same as his other mate, the only reason he lasted as long as he did is cause he was a good player.
Old 20-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #117
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
I would say being followed by Major crime, being pulled over after driving Erratically and then refusing to take a drug test breeches that agreement.

I'd like to see what evidence the Poilce have that he was driving in an eratic manner.

The cops use the "seen driving in an eratic manner" as an excuse for pulling anyone over for no reason other than for a pre-determined search or test.

Such to the WA Police for yet another bungle...they have an excellent record of stuffing things up!
Old 20-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #118
AussieJason

Quote:

Agreed. I think he was trialled by media in this case and the Eagles acted too soon. Despite his track record, he has never been caught by the AFL returning a positive drug test, and deserves his rights to innocence until proven otherwise. Remember the nameless Victorian team who have multiple repeat offenders to the AFL's drug testing, yet their identities remain confidential ? I think the police pulled him over simply because he is Ben Cousins.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
Old 21-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #119
VSSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATXR8
I'd like to see what evidence the Poilce have that he was driving in an eratic manner.

The cops use the "seen driving in an eratic manner" as an excuse for pulling anyone over for no reason other than for a pre-determined search or test.

Such to the WA Police for yet another bungle...they have an excellent record of stuffing things up!
How did they stuff up? He was stopped for his manner of driving, drugs were found and a drug test was refused. Couldn't be more clear cut. And I'm pretty sure it was the WA HWP that pulled him up not some major crime outfit. No doubt they may haver taken over though. For no reason other than it's a high profile case and the bosses would want everything to run smoothly.
Old 21-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #120
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSSII
I'm pretty sure it was the WA HWP that pulled him up not some major crime outfit. No doubt they may haver taken over though. For no reason other than it's a high profile case and the bosses would want everything to run smoothly.
LMFAO, that strategy really panned out well did'nt it!

This whole merry-go-round is a F$%^ing joke. Ben Cousins is a champion footballer that has been through (and put himself through) what a substantial % of the population have done/are doing/will do. He is treated differently from Joe Blo by the media because it sells papers.

No other reason.

If he can be convicted of a drugs offence, by all means, strip him of his Job and give him a jail sentence. Until such time, everybody should get off the case. Our constitution and preable in this country is that of fairness, justice and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

West Coast have shown they actually have more of a metaphorical "case to answer". Too little, too late followed by a swift kneejerk reaction sums up 2 years of mismanagement of their player issues.

When the Taliban arcs up, the U.S. does not go in and shoot everyone in Afganistan, they take down the heirarchy managing it. Maybe the U.S. needs to invade Roberts Road?

BTW, I am a passionate WCE member

Daniel
Closed Thread