Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #91
F6Mont

I think I ran into these same guys today at Pinewood SC in Mount Waverley for the second time!! :

They always seem to have the same story "we have excess stock that the boss wants us to clear out". Having heard about this in the past, I just said I didn't have the cash and started walking away. The guy in the passenger seat goes "you can always chuck it on ya credit card or ya mates card if you have one -- all we need is the card number and expiry" : LOL!!

I just walked off...
F6Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #92
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i cant believe i've never spotted these guys before! so many people from all over the place.. but then again i dont drive around during the day all that much.. they must work 9-5 haha
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #93
AusM
AusMotorsport

Blackburn (Vic) last week... they drove off fairly quickly after I asked for ID!
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #94
aye you
The Origional, The Best

just tell em your a cop, they run like bubba's after them in jail
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #95
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I got em all the way up in Ballarat a week and a half ago coming out of a servo.

I'd just paid for petrol, as if I'd have money for stereo equipment :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #96
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Never seen them here in Bris but would be good for a laugh
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #97
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy
I got approached a few years ago in Sutherland, Sydney by the speaker van guys. I'd read about them but never thought I'd get approached in my home suburb!
In Sutho? really. That is close to home.

Got approached a few times in Sydney in the early noughties, one time they said just have it we have to get rid of it. Hmmm, wonder what that was about? Never hung around to find out though...
Old 14-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #98
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had these guys come up to me a few times in the last couple of months, they were different guys each time but they sound so dodgy yelling out "wanna buy a home theatre system mate?" in the KFC drive-thru when i'm trying to order!

Even if they are legitimate they manage to make themselves look like they are dealing illegally by prowling around places in white vans.

Last edited by ST; 14-11-2008 at 02:30 PM.
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #99
boss-290

I got asked again on Cheltenham Road a couple weeks ago.
Old 15-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #100
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
I got asked again on Cheltenham Road a couple weeks ago.
what did they look like?
40-50yr old Wog and 17-25yr old white kid?
Driving a Vw van?
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #101
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
had 2 irish guys in white hertz van approach me yesterday at work. "mate we have just left an exhibition in the city and we have a heap of left over stock we must get rid of cause we are flying out tonight". i thought here we go, more speakers. they explained to me theyve got 4.5kva honda generators. went outside for a look and they had about 10 brand new genie's. not honda but scorpion and nowhere near the power rating they claimed. they started at $950 a piece if i took the lot. then went down to $750 a piece and started getting a little aggressive. i know for a fact they retail at $550 so i offered them $100 a piece. he got nasty and asked if their was something wrong with my head. so i explained that they are trying to sell 5hit stock for a top dollar and asked him whos head needs checking. he got more and more upset while his mate was saying lets go, he;s wasting our time. they drove off while i gave them the one finger salute.
so it seems these clowns are expanding now, not just 5hitty speakers but also 5hitty chinese import tools as well. funny when they were argueing that they were honda!!
samthing but a small hertz truck and leather lounges infront of our old house a couple of months ago when i went to check the mail
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #102
alecrain
'03 BA XT

I was approached at them on Princess Hwy in Springvale.
I pulled over and talked to these two British guys. They offered me some Danish speakers, supposedly they have some extra in the van and want to make some money behind boss' back.
I was ready to buy but missus said no, my wife is always right!

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #103
Munch
CAPTAIN PLANET!!!!

Was down eastern subs with my mate yesterday arvo, had the white van pull up as we were loading the car with shopping...

It was classic, my mate's a cop (detective senior constable) so he thought it'd be funny and flashed his badge and the guys in the van too off faster than an indian curry at 2am...
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #104
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
what did they look like?
40-50yr old Wog and 17-25yr old white kid?
Driving a Vw van?
Yeah, a young bloke asked me. I think it was a VW van. It happened on a Thursday.
Old 16-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #105
gold_el
Starter Motor

Had the same sounding guys ask me if i wanted to buy a plasma and surround sound system
gold_el is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #106
Nomorelies

The guy you will be looking for is a 23 year old by the name of Oliver Beling, of
47 Kingswood Drive, Dingley Village, 3172, VIC. PH 03 9511 8046 He runs the Denmark Audio scam. Check the ABN register, and Vic fairtraiding business register if you want confirmation.

If you're looking for a refund, the best place to meet him is the Moorabbin Park Cricket Club on Saturdays (the team he plays cricket for).
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #107
Munch
CAPTAIN PLANET!!!!

^^^^Geez mate, Thats a bit of a grey area you just put yourself in...

It'll come back and bite you bad legally if it's found some vigilante has seen the info you've provided and gone and 'visited' the guy.

I know the information is out there in the public domain, but it's sooo much better to direct people to an area of the internet and allow them 1. the choice to view and 2. what they choose to do with the information legally absolved you of any wrong doing.
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #108
MILD67

i had the same sorta thing happen at springvale south 7/11 at 5am about 6/7 years ago, so been going on for a while
MILD67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #109
Nomorelies

I'd say if anyone wants a refund they should ask him politely. I wouldn't encourage anything else. I'm just doing my bit for the good of society. Oliver has ripped off many people and gives them receipts with fake return refund details. Therefore these people should be able to obtain a refund. If Oliver doesn't want his information posted on the internet, he should give people his real contact number and address on the receipts, so they don't have to send messages for him to read via discussion forums.
Old 21-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #110
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

His name even makes the Wikipedia entry on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speakers

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #111
Nomorelies

I'm actually someone who wants to help Oliver Beling, and have the best interests in him. I want to encourage him to turn his life around, but he is just not listening to anyone's advice. I want to encourage him to turn clean and give up his life of crime. I want Oliver to go straight for his own good. Oliver wont listen to any of our advice, so the only way to discourage him from conning people is to make his name public so it's impossible for him to rip people off. He is going to appreciate this in the end, I am out here to help him. I'm not encouraging anyone to have a go at him, but when he sees the faces of the people he has ripped off, maybe he will feel the empathy and his heart will change.
Old 22-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #112
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Do a name search via google, .... Comes up with complaints and criminal trials through the court system.

Where's ACA or TT when u need em ;) !

Derryn Hinch "Shame Shame Shame".
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #113
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Waggn
Do a name search via google, .... Comes up with complaints and criminal trials through the court system.

Where's ACA or TT when u need em ;) !

Derryn Hinch "Shame Shame Shame".
There's actually a form on the TT website to suggest a story:
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/contactform/30607

Why don't you contact them and explain what's going on and pass on his details, etc? I'd love to watch it.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #114
xr6fa

Yeah a few months ago doing a delivery in the work truck a couple of guys in a white van in dandy south asked want to buy a home theatre system said i wasn't interested.
xr6fa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #115
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

guys its really not that cheap, go to a jaycar store and price the response precision range, around the same price, and theyre very good aswell.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #116
gold_el
Starter Motor

A Woggy looking bloke come up to me in Noble Park asking me if i wanted some awesome car sounds equipment, jbl speakers, headunit, 2 amps nd 2 subs, worth 2500 apparently but because he liked me only 1000, asked to see them so we went to my works carpark and i had a look, was the dodgiest ever, wires everywhere, bad lableing, when i asked if i could have his number and companys name he got really aggressive, even pushing me agaisnt a car asking him why i wasted his time, pfft wasnt gonna be pushed around so i said my workmate was on the phone to the cops ( he was on the phone but talking to his wife, lucky timing i guess) he high tailed it from there so quick you would of thought he was in a drag race

another story which is quite funny my mate in campellfield saw a white van that had crashed into a people, went over to help one of the guys goes here you go, take these speaker down the street and well meet you down there hahah
gold_el is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #117
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Forgot all abhout this, i was walking into Westfield Northlakes on the Brisbanes northside when a white toyota van stopped and called me over. Asked me if i wanted a home theatre setup they had one extra that was unnaccouted for and they said i can have it. I told them i had just bought a new one which i had indeed done.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #118
old_mate
Smash the Boost

yea i had them the other week at Ipswich. Dodgy as lol. Vic plates on the relatively new Hiace as well.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #119
Mulberry Laine

come across these blokes in Griffith NSW all the time,selling plasma and lcd screens home entertainment systems.White Van Vic rego.
Mulberry Laine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #120
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow i cant belieave there still doing it theyve been doing it for 20 odd years

oh man am i that old :
XR2DOOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post