Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #91
Copie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeek
Don't hold your breath.

And sadly, don't think that by boycotting one show it will hurt 9's coffers either. I typically don't watch 9 at all - didn't really before, as none of the shows they broadcast appeal to me. So I can whinge and stamp my feet as much as I want, but it'll make no difference to them. Same with the majority on this forum who worship Top Gear - won't make a tiny bit of difference to 9.

Just go to finalgear.com, download uTorrent and watch the full UK episodes... just make sure you've got a big hard drive, a fast PC and a big broadband plan!
each episode is usually around 700mb, and at 7 episodes a pop thats 4.9gb, which most plans have that sort of quota. Decent quality and only slightly less then what you see on standard HD tv.

if you want 720 or 1080, then they come up to a few gb in size (hell last spartacus episode i procured was 7.3gb in size)
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #92
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copie
each episode is usually around 700mb, and at 7 episodes a pop thats 4.9gb, which most plans have that sort of quota. Decent quality and only slightly less then what you see on standard HD tv.

if you want 720 or 1080, then they come up to a few gb in size (hell last spartacus episode i procured was 7.3gb in size)
Yep, SD is about 700Mb. The two HD ones are 1.5Gb and 4.5Gb in size...

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #93
ZC001
Cruisin

Nine don't care what you think. You don't pay them, the advertisers do. And they have bought TopGear and because it is popular and they think they have bought ratings points.

If you're unhappy now, wait until TopGear Australia hits the screens.
Some fool at Nine thinks a person somewhere wants to see 'Warnie' on tv between text messages. "What were they thinking".
I'll lay money on Eddie Everywhere being the 'celebrity' driver in an early episode. (puke)

Last edited by ZC001; 28-02-2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: add puke
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #94
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC001
Nine don't care what you think. You don't pay them, the advertisers do. And they have bought TopGear and because it is popular and they think they have bought ratings points.

If you're unhappy now, wait until TopGear Australia hits the screens.
Some fool at Nine thinks a person somewhere wants to see 'Warnie' on tv between text messages. "What were they thinking".
I'll lay money on Eddie Everywhere being the 'celebrity' driver in an early episode. (puke)
they can think they have bought ratings all they like fact is they should have bought ratings but they stuffed it up. All the shows' older longer running fans are disgusted at the contempt displayed by nein and as a result will find alternate means to watch this great show while the pompous rear end stuffing at nein sit around scratching their heads as to where the SBS ratings went.

On a unrelated topic I seen an ad for top gear on nein and they advertised it as it IS - an episode and the American special I think another 2 hour hatchet job by nein to get ratings - I won't be watching.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #95
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
they can think they have bought ratings all they like fact is they should have bought ratings but they stuffed it up. All the shows' older longer running fans are disgusted at the contempt displayed by nein and as a result will find alternate means to watch this great show while the pompous rear end stuffing at nein sit around scratching their heads as to where the SBS ratings went.

I don't understand...You clearly didn't see the ratings top gear got on nine? 1.6m viewers making it the highest rated show since the new ratings season started Feb 7, compared that to the 1m when sbs had TG.

Like it or not, TG is a massive winner for nine.
austyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #96
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's on free to air. What do you expect from something that you get free of charge. I wished foxtel had the rights and made all the whingers pay to watch it. Then I'm sure you'd really have something to complain about. Even when it's free, people still arn't happy :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #97
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon
I don't understand...You clearly didn't see the ratings top gear got on nine? 1.6m viewers making it the highest rated show since the new ratings season started Feb 7, compared that to the 1m when sbs had TG.

Like it or not, TG is a massive winner for nine.
Everyone might have tuned in to see how 9 handled and presented the show but I bet heaps tuned out before it was over and I would put money on the numbers not being anywhere as good for the next show. Unless they put all the content back in I recon their audience will keep dwindling. I dread to think what they're going to do to Top Gear Australia when it comes back.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #98
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Everyone might have tuned in to see how 9 handled and presented the show but I bet heaps tuned out before it was over and I would put money on the numbers not being anywhere as good for the next show. Unless they put all the content back in I recon their audience will keep dwindling. I dread to think what they're going to do to Top Gear Australia when it comes back.

Bushbasher
Why does everyone automatically assume that all of Australia has seen the uncut version BBC shows???? I guarantee mainstream Australia don't know of any other version.

I remember SBS responded to protests from fans about the shorten version compared to BBC. This was their response.

Quote:
With all Top Gear UK episodes SBS shows the BBC international version which is provided by BBC Worldwide who distributes the show. On occasion there are some segments on the UK version of the show which are not cleared for international distribution (usually because of music rights or other international rights issues). SBS always shows the entirety of any episode of Top Gear UK it receives. There was no independent editing from SBS
So no matter how much you ********** and moan, we will NEVER get the uncut footage as it's out of nine's hands.
austyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #99
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon
Why does everyone automatically assume that all of Australia has seen the uncut version BBC shows???? I guarantee mainstream Australia don't know of any other version.

I remember SBS responded to protests from fans about the shorten version compared to BBC. This was their response.

So no matter how much you ********** and moan, we will NEVER get the uncut footage as it's out of nine's hands.
All I want from nein is the international version of top gear uncut - and when advertising the show say what it is not blurt "2 hour season premiere" when more than half the show was a hatchet job on old footage that hardcore fans have seen.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #100
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you guys getting TG on channel 9 or GO(99)? Just saw the advert here in Newcastle where the show will be on GO! (ch88 Thursday night) so there goes any chance of reasonable bitrate to enjoy the show!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #101
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i watch TG on BBC Knowledge (612). anyone know if that's a cut down version? they do have lots of ads.
aussie muscle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #102
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Top gear

Well I watched TG tonight for a while it was the one about the bus,tug,catering van, fuel truck and the fire engine
it looked famillia to me
so we turned it over then later on we went back and it was the one about
buying cheap cars in the USA so I watched NCIS and TG during the ad breaks
and also got the last 15 minutes of it and it was still in the USA and they were talking about hurricane Katrina thats was a few years ago wasnt it?
anyway so much for new episodes
lost me for good I reckon
John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #103
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the first hour is new episodes, and the 2nd hour is repeats....
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #104
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I saw more of Christina Kenneally than I did of Jeremy Clarkson.
BTW, SBS had the international version and channel 9 have edited that to make way for more ads. Pretty poor effort really.

Quote: