Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #91
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

well what happend to the phase4 thay banned it before it officialy existed because thay well and trully knew the public wanted fast and powerful cars. i wonder what for!!??
Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #92
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's people like this knob that stuff everything up for us younger guy's with "modified" cars..

As said before it just gives the Rann Gov and SAPOL more ammunition to go after everyone who has a modified car,or just happens to be cruising around with some mates...we are already under the pump from over zealous cops as is,and then this happens...We've got no hope!!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #93
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnz_xr8
well what happend to the phase4 thay banned it before it officialy existed because thay well and trully knew the public wanted fast and powerful cars. i wonder what for!!??
Drawing a hell of a long bow here I would say! Everyone who has a fast car acts like this moron? There is a hell of a difference ...... I could do a similar burnout in my work ute! Doesn't take a powerful car ..... just someone who thinks they can be the hero because they lack brain cells!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #94
morak001
460 - cubes torque

For those who arn't familiar with Rundle St, it's also full of CURBSIDE cafes and drinking tables outside of a few pubs, could've been a disaster easy enough.

This same weekend a 16yo P plater killed a 70yo walking his dog, speed and alcohol were reported to be a factor, this driver also fled the scene and was later caught.

This behaviour I'm sure is a contributing factor as to why our road deaths are at 38 compared to 28 this time last year.

We still have the Malalla race track, hill climbs plus dirt bike stuff and cams/non cams buggy clubs are also around Adelaide and SA. I don't buy the line that we need this MotorPlex to stop the hoons, but it will add another alternative.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #95
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
...but at least if we did have street drags and burnout comps here once a week, there is then absolutely NO excuses for this type of behaviour on Adelaide streets...
Sorry but not having an off street venue for this kind of thing is not an excuse.

Obviously there are a lot of people who want a venue for this but wanting something is not the same as needing something unless you are a child. I hope SA gets a drag strip/race track/burnout pad/whatever but its not like peoples heads are going to start falling off if it doesn't happen.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #96
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Well what can I say.. Just another teen trying to show off!

I agree with what others have said, there is a time and a place. I am 19 and I consider myself a young "car enthusiast" and try my best to behave on the road. I am constantly surprising people with how much I know about a wide range of cars. What can I say I like to read and study them. As some would know that is why I have built and am rebuilding a dedicated burnout car with my younger brother (GEZZA93). I know there are proper places to have "fun" and go to them. It also makes for some good competition.

What really annoys me is how there are so many idiots on the road with no respect for other people, peoples property and even there own property (flogging and ruining there own cars). Now I own some cars that are constantly considered hoon cars just because of my age but I dont go flogging them around. Some arent even on the road.(1974 LH Torana, 1984 XE Fairmont 351, 1967 XR Falcon 500 wagon, 1996 EF Fairmont Ghia, 1987 XF Fairmont burnout car). My old neighbour labels me a hoon for having so many cars.. Mind you he speeds and overtook my brother the other day and nearly ran him off the road as he drove my EF... WTF!

Some people just need to think before they act.. Seems to be a thing that alot of people forget these days.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 09-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #97
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reading this thread is frustrating.
Yes, we have all determined the guy is a fool for doing "what he did, where he did it". Right?
That is not the frustrating part. The annoying thing is we had the same self opinionated people pushing their opinions and if you do not conform to their way of thought, you are stomped on and hung out. And we complain about an overregulated society!! Come on people. Let's play fair.

Honestly, crushing this persons car will most likely not assist in any way, shape or form. The mental capacity of such a person who conducts himself in such a manner in a public place is not all that large, hence he'd be over it in a week and up to no good again in his mates or mum's car ......... unlicenced, selling pills through the window to get the money to do it all again. He doesn't care about anyone apart from himself and his desires and his actions show that. The word "respect" would mean little to him.
Personally, they should hand the car over to an inter state TAFE college so he has no idea where it is. It can be stripped and used for training. Or have it stripped down for parts.
Just a few thoughts and my views alone.

Last edited by J.C.; 09-03-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #98
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Reading this thread is frustrating.
Yes, we have all determined the guy is a fool for doing "what he did, where he did it". Right?
That is not the frustrating part. The annoying thing is we had the same self opinionated people pushing their opinions and if you do not conform to their way of thought, you are stomped on and hung out. And we complain about an overregulated society!! Come on people. Let's play fair.

Honestly, crushing this persons car will most likely not assist in any way, shape or form. The mental capacity of such a person who conducts himself in such a manner in a public place is not all that large, hence he'd be over it in a week and up to no good again in his mates or mum's car ......... unlicenced, selling pills through the window to get the money to do it all again. He doesn't care about anyone apart from himself and his desires and his actions show that. The word "respect" would mean little to him.
Personally, they should hand the car over to an inter state TAFE college so he has no idea where it is. It can be stripped and used for training. Or have it stripped down for parts.
Just a few thoughts and my views alone.
thank-you, good to see some one else with common sense.

its not about thinking he was awesome for doing a skid, the skid wasn't bad, but as in my first post... wrong place, wrong time.

if you want cameras up your who-who, and want cars to drive themselfs, becasue human interaction will simply be wayy too unsafe.... then most of you are going the right way.

at the end of the day, crushing cars is by far the STUPIDEST idea... bar none EVER, it will do NOTHING to kerb the few morons who cause well only 2% of the road toll, they were too stupid to not do it in the first place and clearly the tougher we get on 'hoons' the more safer we become? ahh NO they have been trying now for 8 years, and people still race,skid and generaly do dumb **** why? well people have RACED and done dumb **** since it was horse and cart/chariot or just a horse... its just imbread in the human psyche, unfortunately some are just stupider than others (*zdcol71* excluded ill think of a metaphor for you later that wont get me a day in the naughty corner)

donate his car, charge him with dangerous driving, excessive noise in public place what ever it is that makes you feel better... but the crushing of a car, especially when its not proceeds of crime nor is it 'rust bucket unroadworthy' or not of any value, its a political stunt done my fat cat muppets who fail to pull their heads out of the behinds and do something serious about the road toll.

yes people would still do dumb **** if there was a drag strip, but at least they would not be 50 years behind the other states, it would give people with some brains a place to go and race your mates legally so I don't see how people have an issue with that either? :

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #99
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by morak001
This same weekend a 16yo P plater killed a 70yo walking his dog, speed and alcohol were reported to be a factor, this driver also fled the scene and was later caught.
I saw that. It's obscene that they highlight the fact that he was a P plater moreso than pointing out that that he was a drink driver, and that everyone sits there and nods their heads. No lenience meant for him, just putting another ridiculous persecution by media and society into perspective. Of the kids, not the hit n run scum.

And no, lack of a venue is no excuse for hoon behaviour. Though it can very well be part of a reason. There are no excuses for behaviour that is intentional; even the law books draw a line between intentional wheelspin/etc and unintentional - whether the offence was a hoon offence or not sometimes hinging on this.

P.S. How could he be a P plater and 16?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #100
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft
I saw that. It's obscene that they highlight the fact that he was a P plater moreso than pointing out that that he was a drink driver, and that everyone sits there and nods their heads. No lenience meant for him, just putting another ridiculous persecution by media and society into perspective. Of the kids, not the hit n run scum.

And no, lack of a venue is no excuse for hoon behaviour. Though it can very well be part of a reason. There are no excuses for behaviour that is intentional; even the law books draw a line between intentional wheelspin/etc and unintentional - whether the offence was a hoon offence or not sometimes hinging on this.

You can get your P plates at 16 and a half in South Australia I believe.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #101
morak001
460 - cubes torque

Quote:

I'm sure thats what the article said (The Advertiser), I had my P's 4 months after I turned 16 but I've lost track of the latest licensing laws. Why and where was he/she drinking?

Being a Deawoo indicates that performance cars may not be the root cause of the problem behaviour and thus banning them may not offer a solution. Although a Deawoo is not likely to smoke up down Rundle St either.......
Old 09-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #102
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can not see it posted but this guy walked in tonight and gave himself in.

as for allbrans crush a car and i heard some new long term jail sentances being waved around, its amazing what an election and we will save you type crap will do.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 AM   #103
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

law draws a line between intentional and unintentional wheelspin hey? That's why I have seen a mate have his car impounded for a 1sec chirp. Hell, I had a cop call me a hoon for owning a V8.
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #104
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

What, are you questioning the validity of what I said? Whoever said that the cops follow every letter of the law books to a T?, they treat you guilty until proven innocent, which happens once you're in the courtroom (providing you've got good representation and something of a case). Until then, they need to do something, and they're free to use their judgement to whether they should impound your car under hoon laws and book you for it or not.

Inconsistency cuts both ways brother, I suppos you've never seen anyone let off after fish tailing up blank streets in deserted land developments. I have. I've been behind the wheel. And I've also been behind my lawyer in a courtroom for related offences.

Just because you know someone who had their car impounded on the spot doesn't mean ******** my friend. That's the way the law works.

I am well acquinted with these laws, and was even before I became wrapped up in them.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #105
veqlargh

I know I'm about to get flamed massively for this but;

This forum seems to really have it in for this guy. Whether i agree with what he did or not doesn't really matter. The fact is he manned up and handed himself in and is copping all the appropriate charges on the chin. There is really no need to keep bashing on him.

A motorplex would get rid of a lot of the 'bad' behavior but there will always be stunts like this, because they are not planned they are normally just things people do in the spur of the moment.

At the end of the day you shouldn't kid yourself, we all enjoy a good burnout. The only difference between an "enthusiast" and a "hoon" is location.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #106
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
right... yes lets crush his car for doing an almost stationary skid.

yes wrong place/wrong time but FFS alot of you on here have your head so far up your own ***** 4Vman bad rep me all you like but being a self righteous fool doesn't do you any favours.

yes its illegal, no it doesn't warrent the CRUSHING of someones car, the car didnt do the skid the moron that decided that was the correct place to show off was... there are far worse things in the world then 2 black lines down a street that were done at about 2km/h, alot of you need to get some perspective.
I'm not sure why you've singled me out, i didn't say crush his car, but clearly you've got similar DNA to this bloke.

A "stationary" skid can get VERY ugly VERY quickly.... all it takes is your foot to slip off the brake and the car can get away from you very quickly..

You really should think things through a bit more carefully before enacting the keyboard troops.... you always seem at odds with most people and common sense when it comes to responsible driving behavior...

Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #107
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
You are an idiot.
so one rule for some, another for everyone else hey?... or did you get a nice warning as well for calling someone deserving an idiot... an idiot?.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you've singled me out, i didn't say crush his car, but clearly you've got similar DNA to this bloke.
different family tree, you should go into forensics though your thought process is amazing.

Quote:
A "stationary" skid can get VERY ugly VERY quickly.... all it takes is your foot to slip off the brake and the car can get away from you very quickly..
really? that's a big IF.. like I said cant think of any instances in recent history of this happening at all... and I believe that 'hooning' is a common occurrence, with the way you are acting we should all be carrying injury's or be in a morgue due to someone doing a skid.... get over it, It didnt happen and hasn't happened.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...

Last edited by UNR8D; 09-03-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #108
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Haha am I the only one who got a laugh out of this fellas misfortune?

Fair enough he's an idiot...but that was a pretty damn good skid!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #109
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
its just imbread in the human psyche, unfortunately some are just stupider than others (*zdcol71* excluded ill think of a metaphor for you later that wont get me a day in the naughty corner)

:
I think you may want to look for a "name", or comparison, maybe even a simily, possibly an adjectival description, but I don't think it's a metaphor you're after.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #110
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id hate to have had that smoke blowing over my meal
Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #111
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
So many nerds on aff. Have some fun once in a while.
Come and join me on a shift, I bet you hurl at the first major crash. Muck on your shoes gives a good wake up.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #112
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
Id hate to have had that smoke blowing over my meal

That's about the best comment in this thread I reckon.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #113
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
You are an idiot!

Hey! That felt good. Now I know why you make such comments so openly ....... Oh. I forgot self opinionated as well. That felt even better.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Seriously now, comments like my open liner, which is identical to one of your posts within this thread, contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion process at all. All it indicates is ones desperation. Not to mention p !sses people off and get them off side. From there, the thread takes a dive.
And as for thinking things through before keyboarding away, take your own advice for once. Have a look at your post count dude! You must spend your life on here pushing your barrows and dribbling your crap. People are entilted to an opinion aren't they? Or does it have to be the same as yours for a thread to continue?

Lay off the name calling and belittling. You may find people will become more appreciative of your comments.

Back on track. Although I think this thread has run it course and will be closed because of the mud slinging that has developed ..........
Not sure why you contributed to the mudslinging then.

The idiot knew that if he carried out a big burnout and got caught he would lose his car, but he still does it. Then runs because he is too chicken to face the consequences, probably dangerously weaving through traffic and pedestrians in a busy night life precinct in the process. No respect for the law or public safety.

I don't care, auction the car and donate the proceeds to road trauma victims, donate it to TAFE or crush it, just take it off him, permanently. We are not talking a little chirpy here, no "oops, my foot slipped on the clutch officer". He kept it going when he could clearly see red and blue lights for gods sake.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #114
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

So this thread had degenerated into what is basically a slanging match.

What a surprise.....
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #115
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

what happened to the days of heading out to a deserted old road to chuck a burnout or to go to burnout comps to smoke the tyres off?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #116
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8
what happened to the days of heading out to a deserted old road to chuck a burnout or to go to burnout comps to smoke the tyres off?
You get called a 'hoon' and threatened to have your car crushed if caught by zealots! Oh and a few forum members will call you a dangerous idiot :

Can anyone honestly say, if you knew your car was going to get crushed, you would hang around to see what happens?

Hell no, you would do a runner. Crushing this guys car because he handed himself in will not achieve anything.
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #117
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer

Hell no, you would do a runner. Crushing this guys car because he handed himself in will not achieve anything.
Except he will have trouble finding a new one. Eventually he will run out of cars.

Face it, guys like this will not receive support here, in fact it could be argued it is against site T&C.
Quote:
2. Posts that are (or could reasonably be considered to be): defamatory, threatening, invasive of privacy, or which otherwise violate any law applicable within Australia.
It is against the law to incite or support an illegal act.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #118
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi gecko and 4v man i quite agree with youit never ceases to amaze me the senseless mumblings that go on after an idiot does something so stupid and the mob thinks they are heroes. It's all fine till they get the knock on their door form the constabulary either booking them or telling them a loved one has been injured or even worse killed . As for JC your forum location is only missing the word half.
GT450
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #119
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450
It's all fine till they get the knock on their door form the constabulary either booking them or telling them a loved one has been injured or even worse killed .
GT450
From my experience, it is at that time they cry and ask how it could have happened, "he is such a good boy".
Old 09-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #120
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Except he will have trouble finding a new one. Eventually he will run out of cars.

Face it, guys like this will not receive support here, in fact it could be argued it is against site T&C.

It is against the law to incite or support an illegal act.
Whose supporting an illegal act? :

I'm not supporting the consequences.

Anyone with a job can afford a car, then their is crime to help pay, which this just might force him to do. Crushing peoples cars is going to have a negative effect, more people will do runners, and won't hand themselves in.
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
Closed Thread