Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #91
velocityXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox
Any idea of how the plugs in the headlight wiring are different, or how they make the headlights flash? Would be an interesting mod to have..
Extra plug with a standard flasher unit so when they hit the alert button it powers it up, but i'm not too sure on how it works with the lights on for night driving. mine was missing the flasher unit tho but you could see where it was mounted
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #92
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Quote:
Any idea of how the plugs in the headlight wiring are different, or how they make the headlights flash? Would be an interesting mod to have..
We have all the wires sitting in the engine bay of the F6 ..

They get enabled at Ford by a big yellow box with POLICE printed on it..

We have thought of getting an elec to hook em up to a switch when we are racing but obviously they are illegal.. I am surprised the wiring loom was left intact ?
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #93
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
We have all the wires sitting in the engine bay of the F6 ..

They get enabled at Ford by a big yellow box with POLICE printed on it..

We have thought of getting an elec to hook em up to a switch when we are racing but obviously they are illegal.. I am surprised the wiring loom was left intact ?
Cheers mate.
Is it illegal? I thought that the law was no red or blue lights visible on the car.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #94
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Cheers mate.
Is it illegal? I thought that the law was no red or blue lights visible on the car.
There are no red or blue lights visible on the car ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #95
BIG_BOSS
BA XR8 UTE

i have worked in the QPS (Queensland police service) workshop as part of my apprentiship which is where every cop car in QLD is born, All of the extras the cars have is all from factoy except a digital speedo on the dash that gets put in the cars with a dyno out the back of there compound, the only difference in the Falcons & commodores is they plug a lapton into the computer & turn on the police mode, it changes some minor peramiters but not as much as a normal dyno tune, just for a little extra the cars run standard brand tyres, what the car came out with is what they run, tyres on a normal marked car last about 15,000k's & brake pads about 15 - 20 thou k's, there cars are not looked after & i would never buy an ex-cop car.
BIG_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #96
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
There are no red or blue lights visible on the car ??
I meant is it really illegal to wire your headlights (civilian car) to flash left/right? I would have thought not, as it is only illegal to have red/blue lights fitted to a non-police/emergency car.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #97
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I would of thought so too, maybe they are quick release?? Ordinarilly I would think I was seeing things, but my wife was the one which pointed it out to me. "isnt if funny they use red seatbelts?"
Id guess if it was the PMs car, they arent planning to get out of the seat quick. If the driver needs to get out, the PM (whoever) is a sitting duck. Id say the plan is to just GTFO and let others take care of the danger.

And I see its been answered already.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #98
ms700
Big Member

For those that were asking earlier, to turn your cluster to POLICE mode, ie digital speedo, it needs to be flashed in by a dealer or someone with access to a WDS. Thats how mine was done.

Not sure if its something that a tuner can do. Dont believe that its something that you can do kerbside.

Tuned by GENTECH 567rwkw/760rwhp

BA XR6T Tuned by GENTECH 349rwkw.

2013 H/D Nightrod Special - DynoJet PowerVision tuned.
ms700 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #99
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
All the DPV vehicles go to auction none are scrapped unless they have been in an accident. The specials have the race harnesses replaced. Unless you actually knew what to look for on the specials you would think them normal. Look for harness points and fel under the dash passengers side for a quick release strap mounting.

I think you are seriously mistaken. Have you seen racing harnesses in these cars personally or told by someone else?
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #100
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a fair few BA-BF police cars with DBA slotted street series brake calipers
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #101
FuhrerSheep
Starter Motor

Queensland Police GD cars:
Car Mods:
Bendix Breaks (unsure what though)
Everything else is stock

Electronics:
Code3 LightBar
Code3 Siren + Siren Controls
Tait TM8250 - UHF Radio (for metro and region 2 areas)
RFI AP454 - UHF Antenna (with 3db whip)
Toshiba Toughbook - Loaded with M.I.N.D.E.R system
FuhrerSheep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post