Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 07-03-2023, 03:02 PM   #1291
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpierce View Post
Thanks so much for this. I live in Eastwood NSW but work in Richmond. Not fussed too much where in Sydney. I love the drive anyway
PM me and we can organise a day/time/place for you to pick up.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2023, 03:06 PM   #1292
gpierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
See below, postage on top of course.

Fuel injector seals: Not available seperate from Ford, maybe injection place or the alike. You should be ok to just lube these before fitment, nothing usually goes wrong, but up to you.

Manifold to head seals: Available $20 each you need 8.

Top head connection seal: Available $7 each.

Lower head connection seal: Available $12 each.

Heater Pipe tube o rings: Available $40 each, you need 2.

Not sure if main O ring or seals come with water pump (I would assume so, but never assume, you know what that means). Just in case water pump main O ring is available and $14 each.

Hope that helps..
Thanks again, how about the HB3 bolts? In regards to above parts, yes I want all that let me know how to proceed

Not sure about the water pump yet. I might buy a Ford Performance one that has a bit more flow.
-14 FPV Pursuit Ute #47 Auto
-12 FPV Pursuit Rspec #44 Manual
-11 FPV GS Ute #225 Manual
-10 FG XR8 Ute Manual

Sold
-06 BF XR8 Ute
-75 XB Falcon Coupe 351 GT replica
-73 Ford Mustang convertible 351
-20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
gpierce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2023, 03:31 PM   #1293
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonads View Post
Hi guys. I’m after the chrome GS badge from the rear right side boot lid of my FG. My local Ford dealer have been unable to help, so any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben,

Is this what your chasing? Its actually a decal. This one is silver in colour as you had two options silver or black pending on body colour.

GS Boot Badge.jpg

GS Boot Badge 2.jpg

GT
Old 07-03-2023, 09:56 PM   #1294
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

What's the availability and price of new or perhaps even refurbished warrantied air bag clock spring for an Au Falcon at the moment?
Old 07-03-2023, 11:34 PM   #1295
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
What's the availability and price of new or perhaps even refurbished warrantied air bag clock spring for an Au Falcon at the moment?
New Ford ones are long gone, not sure if there is anyone refurbishing them??
This user likes this post:
Old 08-03-2023, 12:39 AM   #1296
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
New Ford ones are long gone, not sure if there is anyone refurbishing them??
OK; thanks.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:39 AM   #1297
Falconhell
Grease monkey
Donating Member2

Hi GTL,
Would you please quote me on a full set of FG G6E chrome window strips.
Thanks
Falconhell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #1298
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhell View Post
Hi GTL,
Would you please quote me on a full set of FG G6E chrome window strips.
Thanks
Do you mean the ones along the bottom of the window (belt moulds) or the ones around the top of the doors or both?
Old 09-03-2023, 11:07 AM   #1299
Falconhell
Grease monkey
Donating Member2

All four tops ones, with an option to add the bottom ones.
Cheers
Falconhell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2023, 05:14 PM   #1300
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhell View Post
All four tops ones, with an option to add the bottom ones.
Cheers
RHF Top Availble: $240
LHF Top Available: $140
RHR Top Available: $215
LHR Top Available: $200

RHF Outer Belt Mould Available: $150
LHF Outer Belt Mould Available: $190
RHR Outer Belt Mould Available: $185
LHR Outer Belt Mould Available: $165

Postage on top..

GT
Old 13-03-2023, 12:09 PM   #1301
gonads

Quote:
Hi Ben,

Is this what your chasing? Its actually a decal. This one is silver in colour as you had two options silver or black pending on body colour.

Attachment 106272

Attachment 106271

GT
Hi Legend. That’s not exactly the one I’m after. The boot lid decal on my model is chrome finished and approx 3-4mm thick. Unfortunately, my microfibre caught on the corner of the emblem and cracked/removed a small portion of it. I wouldn’t bother replacing it, but the factory paint has become slightly faded and the emblem has left a slight shadow.

If it’s the same size I might go with it. The rest of the FPV sticker set on my GS are silver, like the one you’ve posted

Thanks so much for checking this out for me.

Cheers,
Ben
Old 13-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #1302
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Legend. That’s not exactly the one I’m after. The boot lid decal on my model is chrome finished and approx 3-4mm thick. Unfortunately, my microfibre caught on the corner of the emblem and cracked/removed a small portion of it. I wouldn’t bother replacing it, but the factory paint has become slightly faded and the emblem has left a slight shadow.

If it’s the same size I might go with it. The rest of the FPV sticker set on my GS are silver, like the one you’ve posted

Thanks so much for checking this out for me.

Cheers,
Ben
Hey Ben,

I may have found the chrome one, just waiting to get it. Leave it with me for a week or so and I'll get back to you again.

GT
Old 13-03-2023, 08:29 PM   #1303
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GTLEGEND,

Don't suppose you can get a rear dust cover that goes on the park brake lever on the rear of AU2 cheaper than the $47.00 or $48.00 from Jefferson Ford (includes postage cost)?

Thanks.
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2023, 11:00 PM   #1304
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
GTLEGEND,

Don't suppose you can get a rear dust cover that goes on the park brake lever on the rear of AU2 cheaper than the $47.00 or $48.00 from Jefferson Ford (includes postage cost)?

Thanks.
Best I can get is $40 plus postage..
Old 14-03-2023, 01:08 AM   #1305
gonads

Quote:
Hey Ben,

I may have found the chrome one, just waiting to get it. Leave it with me for a week or so and I'll get back to you again.

GT
Thanks GT! You’re nowhere near as much of a ***** as everyone keeps telling me. 👍😂 Seriously though, this community is so lucky to have an awesome service available to us.

While I’m at it, are you able to source a factory FGX XR6 Sprint rear ducktail-style spoiler? I’ve noticed fibreglass replicas out there but I’d really prefer a plastic one if available.

I’ve also hit you up a while ago when looking for a VCT solenoid for my AU SOHC. There was nothing available back then but I thought I’d check if anything has changed. It’s so devastating to have such a perfect old AU (still has factory clear coat in perfect condition as an indication) with an engine bay that looks like it just rolled of the production line, other than a dribble of oil gown the front of the donk. If you hear of one please let me know as it’s a part that’s worth a lot to me.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 14-03-2023, 06:29 AM   #1306
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks GT! You’re nowhere near as much of a ***** as everyone keeps telling me. 👍😂 Seriously though, this community is so lucky to have an awesome service available to us.

While I’m at it, are you able to source a factory FGX XR6 Sprint rear ducktail-style spoiler? I’ve noticed fibreglass replicas out there but I’d really prefer a plastic one if available.

I’ve also hit you up a while ago when looking for a VCT solenoid for my AU SOHC. There was nothing available back then but I thought I’d check if anything has changed. It’s so devastating to have such a perfect old AU (still has factory clear coat in perfect condition as an indication) with an engine bay that looks like it just rolled of the production line, other than a dribble of oil gown the front of the donk. If you hear of one please let me know as it’s a part that’s worth a lot to me.

Thanks,
Ben
Hey Ben,

Yes I can source a genuine FGX Sprint rear spoiler, but they are not cheap at around $1600.

As for AU VCT solenoid, definetly none new, but might be able to source a second hand one. Can chase if you want me to.

GT
Old 16-03-2023, 01:26 PM   #1307
blwneb
come join me

Hi GT legend
after price for 2008 G6E turbo engine mounts both lh and rh i think same
Old 16-03-2023, 07:34 PM   #1308
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwneb View Post
Hi GT legend
after price for 2008 G6E turbo engine mounts both lh and rh i think same
Replied to your PM..
Old 16-03-2023, 11:44 PM   #1309
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thanks,
Ben
Hey Ben,

is this the one your after? Best I could get of the chrome finish as the rest is covered by the original label and I did not want to open a sealed bag. If so PM me.

GS.PNG

GS 2.PNG
Old 18-03-2023, 11:26 AM   #1310
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
I'll give it a go. Thanks so much for following up. Will you PM bank details? How many are available? I may as well take 4 if I can.

Cheers.
Thanks GTLegend, the clips arrived and were a direct fit, and screwed into the existing "missing" floor mat lug.

Cheers.
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
(1977 TE Cortina, 2001 AUII XR6, 2004 BAI XR8 Ute, 2005 BAII Typhoon, 2008 FG F6, 2015 FG-X XR6 Ute, 2006 SY Territory Turbo Ghia...it just used too much fuel)
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2023, 08:06 PM   #1311
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Hi GTLegend,

I'm after the left hand front door actuator/latch. My door rattles and as there is no adjustment anywhere I might try and change out the latch.

EBay list them non-genuine, but I'd rather have the Ford part if it can still be found?

Also chasing the outer black B-Pillar trim for the same door?

Cheers
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
(1977 TE Cortina, 2001 AUII XR6, 2004 BAI XR8 Ute, 2005 BAII Typhoon, 2008 FG F6, 2015 FG-X XR6 Ute, 2006 SY Territory Turbo Ghia...it just used too much fuel)
Old 18-03-2023, 10:45 PM   #1312
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi GTLegend,

I'm after the left hand front door actuator/latch. My door rattles and as there is no adjustment anywhere I might try and change out the latch.

EBay list them non-genuine, but I'd rather have the Ford part if it can still be found?

Also chasing the outer black B-Pillar trim for the same door?

Cheers
Hey mate,

Which car are you referring to?
Old 19-03-2023, 10:41 AM   #1313
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hey mate,

Which car are you referring to?
BA2 Tornado, sorry should have mentioned that...
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
Old 19-03-2023, 11:35 AM   #1314
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BA2 Tornado, sorry should have mentioned that...
All good.

So LHF door latch is available no problem, $210. Pending on vehicle you may also need the wiring jumper loom as Ford changed the wiring connector on vehicles on 7/2002-2/2006 to the later style for parts. In other words vehicles built in that periord had a early style connector, for servicability the parts have a connector that was fitted to cars after this date and so to fit the later part to the earlier cars you need a jumper loom. Still available at $23.

LH door B pillar trim is obsolete, but I may be able to source you one. Need to check and confirm and get back to you. Let me know if you would like me to chase.
Old 19-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #1315
gonads

Quote:
Hey Ben,

is this the one your after? Best I could get of the chrome finish as the rest is covered by the original label and I did not want to open a sealed bag. If so PM me.

Attachment 106297

Attachment 106298
Bang on, mate! Let me know how to fix you up.

I might pass on the $1600 spoiler-wow!!! Definitely interested if you can find a secondhand VCT solenoid.

Thanks!
Old 19-03-2023, 01:18 PM   #1316
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I might pass on the $1600 spoiler-wow!!! Definitely interested if you can find a secondhand VCT solenoid.

Thanks!
For the badge, reply to my PM and we can organise.

I will put the feelers out for the VCT solenoid, will only be 2nd hand though.
Old 19-03-2023, 09:30 PM   #1317
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
All good.

So LHF door latch is available no problem, $210. Pending on vehicle you may also need the wiring jumper loom as Ford changed the wiring connector on vehicles on 7/2002-2/2006 to the later style for parts. In other words vehicles built in that periord had a early style connector, for servicability the parts have a connector that was fitted to cars after this date and so to fit the later part to the earlier cars you need a jumper loom. Still available at $23.

LH door B pillar trim is obsolete, but I may be able to source you one. Need to check and confirm and get back to you. Let me know if you would like me to chase.
It's a July 2005 build, so I guess we need to include the loom. Take the time you need to source a B-Pillar trim and we can complete this in one go hopefully.

Thanks for your attention to detail!
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
Old 20-03-2023, 12:52 PM   #1318
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thanks!
Update, I have managed to find a second hand VCT solenoid for AU, they are asking $300. If you are interested let me know via PM.
Old 21-03-2023, 08:14 PM   #1319
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Any word on the supply of transmission coolers for the 6 speed FG and FGX per the discussion here: https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11497204
Old 21-03-2023, 11:47 PM   #1320
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Any word on the supply of transmission coolers for the 6 speed FG and FGX per the discussion here: https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11497204
Last I heard they were waiting on another batch to come in, but not sure how that is going. Would have to chase to see if I can find out any further information. Does anyone actually really need one right now because of failure? I don't think I have heard of FG2 or FGX having the same issue as the earlier vehicles of the cooler causing a milkshake. I believe that concern was fixed by FG2.