Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #121
stang65
FPRJET

Default Re: THE 60k CHALLENGE .....

Don`t know but i also think where the power kicks in will be relevant too.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #122
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
Sure, but just how much of a difference is a 315kw N/A 5.4 compared with a 315kw SC 5.0?
About 1 second down the 1/4. Some people pay massive money for 1 second.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #123
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

You are still ignoring a major aspect to a marketing/purchasing reality. Some people - those who are interested in drag racing and extremely high powered vehicles - are prepared to pay massive money for 1 second.

And just how many of these people make up FPV's market?

Reality check.. come on..
Old 21-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #124
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
You are still ignoring a major aspect to a marketing/purchasing reality. Some people - those who are interested in drag racing and extremely high powered vehicles - are prepared to pay massive money for 1 second.

And just how many of these people make up FPV's market?

Reality check.. come on..

Probably quite a few purchasers of high performance vehicles are interested in track times. It also makes a massive change to the bumometer.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #125
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate my point was not about engine power but about handling! Handling wise the base XR6 NA is no different to any FPV turbo or not as the suspension setup is identical. And since my XR6 NA is NOT a performance car then the FPVs are not performance cars as well.

Adding more engine power only highlights the deficiencies of the current suspension/wheel setup employed by Ford/FPV is their so called “performance cars”, and that is exactly what was highlighted by every media article about the FPV range, and it is also the sole reason why after test driving an F6 I decided on a base XR6 NA … more engine power does not equal performance car automatically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Yep if it`s got no turbo or doesn`t have 8 cylinders and it has the same output as the base model 6 you can`t really call it performance.
Old 21-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #126
gtfpv
GT

holy moly . i dont know how flappist creates these critique threads that turn into cult status ahole debates .
somebody kick me , the GS badge alone is worth atleast 5K , over any XR , because it has cult status and history from the 70's in Limited edition. FPV also has Status as does HSV . C'mon peoples . i suppose if we called it an xr8 , we could have it for GS less 5K FPV less 3K . but it would never retain FPV GS status .
so it is a unique supercharged V8 SC FPV GS , sub 60k with real 300^^^kws. game over , ardious auriviour
Old 21-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #127
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimka100
Mate my point was not about engine power but about handling! Handling wise the base XR6 NA is no different to any FPV turbo or not as the suspension setup is identical. And since my XR6 NA is NOT a performance car then the FPVs are not performance cars as well.

Adding more engine power only highlights the deficiencies of the current suspension/wheel setup employed by Ford/FPV is their so called “performance cars”, and that is exactly what was highlighted by every media article about the FPV range, and it is also the sole reason why after test driving an F6 I decided on a base XR6 NA … more engine power does not equal performance car automatically!

FPV vehicles have different spring and damper rates. Whack a GT motor in your XR6, and try to compete on a track with a real GT and you will see the difference.

EDIT: misquote
Old 21-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #128
HUNTER8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
holy moly . i dont know how flappist creates these critique threads that turn into cult status ahole debates .
somebody kick me , the GS badge alone is worth atleast 5K , over any XR , because it has cult status and history from the 70's in Limited edition. FPV also has Status as does HSV . C'mon peoples . i suppose if we called it an xr8 , we could have it for GS less 5K FPV less 3K . but it would never retain FPV GS status .
so it is a unique supercharged V8 SC FPV GS , sub 60k with real 300^^^kws. game over , ardious auriviour
But it doesn't have extra cup holders or pretty buttons or fancy lights or.......
Old 21-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #129
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER8
But it doesn't have extra cup holders or pretty buttons or fancy lights or.......
Starter button says hi
Old 21-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #130
gtfpv
GT

there are other threads on this forum , with ba xr6's with fg interiors etc etc . perhaps those threads may be more suited to some here .
Old 21-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #131
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

WOW, there was only one answer to this question yet we have 5 pages, think the point has been proven now.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 21-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #132
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do i hear the padlock clicking
Old 21-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #133
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

It has certainly been a giggle to be a spectator of this thread...as usual, Flappy doesn't fail to 'shake it up a little'

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 21-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #134
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 21-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #135
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
WOW, there was only one answer to this question yet we have 5 pages, think the point has been proven now.
Thought you were pulling the plug on the thread with a closing statement like that.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #136
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Thought you were pulling the plug on the thread with a closing statement like that.
Sorry mate i was thinking about it. (Only posted again after you closed save sending a PM)
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread