Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #121
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Why does the Falcon struggle to sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Like it or not, the GS is TOO PRICEY. Accept it, move on.

When you're forced to spend $60k, you have every right to be picky, and there's no shortage of cars from other manufacturers (not just Holden) that deliver a better overall package for the same coin.

TOUGH for Ford - because there's no shortage of Holden V8 buyers.
Since when has Ford forced anyone to buy their cars?
Old 19-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #122
Zero_PSI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i've noticed there is a handful of members whose sole contribution to the forums is to condemn ford at every oportunity!!
Im secretly part of an anti-ford movement. The goal is to signle handedly bring down ford australia, one insignificant post at a time
Old 19-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #123
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
And what do you drive?
Megane RenaultSport 250.

Was considering SSV Commodore, GS was simply too pov for the money. Ended up choosing against the Commodore because the execution of interior was sub-par.

Focus RS was also in the running, but RS250 gave basically the same level of performance for far less money.

What's your point?
Old 19-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #124
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
If you understand marketing - if you want a GS...Ford have done their job...if you can't afford it - that's not their problem. The whole purpose of marketing is to create wants
And on the face of it, noone wants the Falcon, and compared to V8 Holden sales, noone wants the V8 Falcon.

If Ford's base model V8 is out of the reach of most, and people are happy to buy other brands, it is indeed Ford's problem.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #125
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Megane RenaultSport 250.

Was considering SSV Commodore, GS was simply too pov for the money. Ended up choosing against the Commodore because the execution of interior was sub-par.

Focus RS was also in the running, but RS250 gave basically the same level of performance for far less money.

What's your point?
The point is that you are not in the V8 market or you would have bought the SSV.

Your Renault is a hot hatch not a full size sport saloon and you can buy hot hatches for $20k so yours is grossly overpriced........or was it you just could not afford a large performance car with the level of gadgets you expected and had to settle for a little one instead.....your choice....
Old 19-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #126
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
The point is that you are not in the V8 market or you would have bought the SSV.

Your Renault is a hot hatch not a full size sport saloon and you can buy hot hatches for $20k so yours is grossly overpriced........or was it you just could not afford a large performance car with the level of gadgets you expected and had to settle for a little one instead.....your choice....
Could have bought an SSV for the same price as the Renault so i doubt money was the issue. I know what id choose, the Renault.
20k HOT hatch? Where?
I was in the same boat when i bought my car, i could have bought an XR6T, (not a V8, but still a large performance car) but didnt, money wasnt the reason. the reason was i dont need a big heavy RWD performance car, and i didnt want it to spend anymore time at the dealer then it needed to be.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #127
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No, I thought that the interior was sub-par. If I wasnt in the market, I would never have even looked at it.

Quote:
Your Renault is a hot hatch not a full size sport saloon and you can buy hot hatches for $20k
Which ones? Who says I was in the market for a sports saloon? I was in the market for a performance car - size was irrelevant.

Quote:
so yours is grossly overpriced
Compared to... ?

Quote:
or was it you just could not afford a large performance car with the level of gadgets you expected and had to settle for a little one instead.....your choice....
Just becasue someone chooses to buy something cheaper doesnt mean they had to. Just because I can afford to pay more, doesnt mean I will.

In terms of standard equipment, the Renault hoses the Falcon/Commodore. It might not be as big, but I'm not an overweight neanderthal who simply cant fit into anything smaller, and so I have options.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #128
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
but I'm not an overweight neanderthal who simply cant fit into anything smaller, and so I have options.
I am and I still fit in comfortably in my Focus Which I find is more comfortable than the Falcon because the seat goes lower and the steering column has more up/down adjustment on it, which is odd because Australian cars are supposedly designed for fat bastards like me.

I was actually looking at a Falcon (not performance variants, but base model ute and XR6) but I had a lot of issues sourcing a manual one, I found a base model ute in manual, which was old stock but never been registered/driven but they wanted $32K for it (GTFO), I offered $27,500 and they basically told me to stop wasting their time.

I was offered a 6sp auto ute for $26,000 at another dealership but I didn't want auto.

I gave up and started looking at TDCI cars and ended up with my Focus.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #129
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No, I thought that the interior was sub-par. If I wasnt in the market, I would never have even looked at it.

Which ones? Who says I was in the market for a sports saloon? I was in the market for a performance car - size was irrelevant.

Compared to... ?

Just becasue someone chooses to buy something cheaper doesnt mean they had to. Just because I can afford to pay more, doesnt mean I will.

In terms of standard equipment, the Renault hoses the Falcon/Commodore. It might not be as big, but I'm not an overweight neanderthal who simply cant fit into anything smaller, and so I have options.
So you were not in the market for a V8 sports saloon, thank you for making my point for me.

You bought what you wanted that had the features that you considered to be most important.

Obviously V8, RWD, full size, FORD or any of the other features of the GS were not on your list.

But I am wondering at what price and feature set would you have been a overweight neanderthal instead of a latte sipping metrosexual?
Old 19-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #130
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
And on the face of it, noone wants the Falcon, and compared to V8 Holden sales, noone wants the V8 Falcon.

If Ford's base model V8 is out of the reach of most, and people are happy to buy other brands, it is indeed Ford's problem.
But is it out of reach? Or is that just another assumption? Or perhaps just your personal opinion?

It's a base model FPV, some say there's not enough bells and whistles, some say it's overpriced, some say it's a car and it has a motor that runs. Those that can 'easily' afford a GS, very rarely complain about those things.

End of the day, the same arguments keep getting rehashed over and over...the V8 is not in Ford's lineup, it's in FPV's...deal with it, move on and stop moping over what was...if they bring it back, good, if they don't...no one is going to die...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 19-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #131
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

And this thread shows examples of the disconnect between the Falcon and its former buyers,
they wish it well but don't feel that the car is the best fit for their needs and budget.

I smile when people say that bringing back a wagon/XR8/Fairlane would somehow
improve the Falcon's viability and answer all the critics with a wow range of products.
The cost of those vehicles verses the expected return says that it's better not to have them.

Quite interestingly, Ford is now giving both Mondeo and Falcon every chance to shine,
so I wonder if they are looking at both and wondering if just one car could be developed
to cover both markets and whether that car would be locally developed or a variation on an import.

I guess only time will tell which way Ford hops, in the meantime we should sit back and watch the show...
Old 19-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #132
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you were not in the market for a V8 sports saloon, thank you for making my point for me.
I was in the amrket for a performance car - what category it was from was a secondary consideration. Why are you finding that such a tough concept to understand?

Quote:
Obviously V8, RWD, full size, FORD or any of the other features of the GS were not on your list.
Firstly, why should FORD be on the list? Or any brand for that matter? A car stands on its own merits.

RWD... meh. Any car can oversteer.

Full size... had a BA. Full size and yet couldnt carry much in it... boot too shallow, rear doors too small to get anything large on the back seat. A hatch OTOH, acres of useable rear space.

The GS was ruled out because compared to the same price SSV-redline, it was poor value. If the SSV is then ruled out, it stands to reason the GS is definitely not in the running.

Quote:
But I am wondering at what price and feature set would you have been a overweight neanderthal instead of a latte sipping metrosexual?
If the GS had been priced closer to the XR8, it would have gotten a serious look. IMO, the engine upgrade was not worth the premium FPV were charging.
Old 19-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #133
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was in the amrket for a performance car - what category it was from was a secondary consideration. Why are you finding that such a tough concept to understand?

Firstly, why should FORD be on the list? Or any brand for that matter? A car stands on its own merits.

RWD... meh. Any car can oversteer.

Full size... had a BA. Full size and yet couldnt carry much in it... boot too shallow, rear doors too small to get anything large on the back seat. A hatch OTOH, acres of useable rear space.

The GS was ruled out because compared to the same price SSV-redline, it was poor value. If the SSV is then ruled out, it stands to reason the GS is definitely not in the running.

If the GS had been priced closer to the XR8, it would have gotten a serious look. IMO, the engine upgrade was not worth the premium FPV were charging.
Basically says it all really

FORD is not a consideration?

It seems that AFF is filling up with people who have little or no interest in FORD except to bleat on about who bad it is......
Old 19-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #134
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It seems that AFF is filling up with people who have little or no interest in FORD except to bleat on about who bad it is......
I have an interest in cars. I dont have much of an interest in badges.
Old 19-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #135
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Basically says it all really

FORD is not a consideration?

Makes you wonder why people with no interest in Ford bother wasting their time going on a FORD forum. Must have nothing better to do.

I guess you can't spend all your time on a Renault Australia forum cause it would probably have 7 members.

Seems to be a common theme for people to go onto a site for a product they have no interest in just to ***** on it for something to do. Losers.
Old 19-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #136
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I guess you can't spend all your time on a Renault Australia forum cause it would probably have 7 members.
Renault sales are up significantly this year. RenaultSport models are selling as quick as they arrive in the country.

Whatever you want to say, noones debating why their sales are tanking.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #137
Falcman0o7
Banned

I don't know if ford cops it more here or on a holden forum.
It's bloody sad, Everyone seems to hate ford these days even those that don't even like cars!
It's pathetic.
Ford may as well just pack up and tell em all to get *&^%$#
Old 19-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #138
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
I have an interest in cars. I dont have much of an interest in badges.
......... and I have an interest in FORDS which has become an interest in cars in general. Why do you think you are more right because you prefer everything else but FORDS ....... ? You like more cars so you are more right?

Agreeing with Flappist (I think that's the second time this year ..... )

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #139
stang65
FPRJET

Thats funny AUSLANDAU :-)

I think I agree with flappist think 2nd time this month.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #140
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Makes you wonder why people with no interest in Ford bother wasting their time going on a FORD forum. Must have nothing better to do.

Seems to be a common theme for people to go onto a site for a product they have no interest in just to ***** on it for something to do. Losers.
Spot on. Lately, you could be forgiven for thinking that this forum is full of snapperheads who have no interest in Ford or its cars, but just come here to troll. With so-called "enthusiasts" like this (and don't forget FF is supposed to be a FORD enthusiast's forum) Ford doesn't need enemies.

I have a novel idea for all the haters. Click 'log out' and don't come back here.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 19-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #141
stang65
FPRJET

I 2nd that but anytime I stick up for Ford in this forum get called One-eyed.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #142
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I 2nd that but anytime I stick up for Ford in this forum get called One-eyed.
Stop being so one eyed....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 19-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #143
stang65
FPRJET

See ....told you.
Old 19-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #144
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

couldnt resist sorry.... haha

Old 19-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #145
stang65
FPRJET

All good ...I FEEL THE love....Better get back on topic before we get slapped.

I do beleive alot of members have lost their love for Ford I also wonder why they bother to write on a forum where they are not passionate about the product.

I mean should I be on a Holden forum after having owned a Holden for a couple years and not being happy with it, be bagging it every chance i get?

P.s I have never owned a Holden ( FORGIVE ME AHMEN).
Old 19-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #146
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_landau
i reckon its cause they are too well made

Yep. Thats why Falcon is dying, guts spilled onto the tarmac being pecked at by crows...
Old 19-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #147
Danny
GT4.

Quote:

Flappist,

Usually a big fan of what you have to say mate, But check out my Garage in my sig.

I love them all, but guess which one has more gadgets, is more fun to drive, better built, and which one I want the keys to every time I am not driving to a site or carrying timber or a trailer..

Worth every one of the $48g's that Renault is. I thought you were more auto savvy than making a comment like that.
Old 19-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #148
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
All good ...I FEEL THE love....Better get back on topic before we get slapped.

I do beleive alot of members have lost their love for Ford I also wonder why they bother to write on a forum where they are not passionate about the product.

I mean should I be on a Holden forum after having owned a Holden for a couple years and not being happy with it, be bagging it every chance i get?

P.s I have never owned a Holden ( FORGIVE ME AHMEN).
Hey i was crazy enough to own a CFI EA Falcon.... as much as I hated it, I didnt start a webpage on it or think Ford was totally doomed.
They have some good products, just poor marketing.

Oh.. and i was silly enough enough to own a Holden, a car which was labelled a "lemon" by all. Yet oddly enough I didnt mind it, it was after all, my first car.

Old 19-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #149
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

48g's and you can't drive to a site or carry a load of timber AND take a trailer????? Bloody hell ..... you've been had!!!!!!

But anyways .... each to there own. Quality isn't the issue why Falcons are not selling .... I don't know the exact reason as there are a few that have already been mentioned above but there are to many cars out there where there suspect quality hasn't effected sales and the fact is .... the FG is a good car and especially for the money!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #150
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Flappist,

Usually a big fan of what you have to say mate, But check out my Garage in my sig.

I love them all, but guess which one has more gadgets, is more fun to drive, better built, and which one I want the keys to every time I am not driving to a site or carrying timber or a trailer..

Worth every one of the $48g's that Renault is. I thought you were more auto savvy than making a comment like that.
Unfortunately you missed the point of the post.

The Renault is a high end hatch and priced accordingly but there are entry level hatches for $20k that do most of the things the Renault does except not quite as quick or as many gadgets.

In the same way the FPV GS is an entry level sports saloon. It does not have the gadgets etc. of a M5 or C63 but is basically the same car, a big sedan with a powerful engine.

It does not matter how good the Renault is it is a hatch, not a sedan, not a ute, not a truck and definitely not an elephant.

So the price of gadets lists of elephants, trucks, utes and sedans are irrelevant if you want a hatch and vice versa so comparing them is pointless.

Saying the GS is no good and a Renault is comparative choice is just silly, it is like comparing beer and tomatoes......
Closed Thread