Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #121
mutanti
Turbo

Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

Pity there is No Way of " Backing up " As we yet know.. Would Love a Copy of this...
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #122
Dazzabrookes
Starter Motor

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy a new SD card with latest maps via the Ford/whereis web link - how hard could it be
Out of stock so called Whereis, not a clue and what i'm after will get back to me.
If i get a new card Mutanti - i'll pass on my old card to see if you/we can crack it - having a word with our IT guys to see what they can do.

Daz
Dazzabrookes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #123
mutanti
Turbo

Sounds Good...
I did try a Few things with My Card but had to be careful as I couldnt afford to Lose the Contents. If its not taken away and you have the newer card I can try some other methods.
PM me and ill send you My Address if you get to keep the old Card
Old 01-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #124
Dazzabrookes
Starter Motor

The IT guys at work did some digging and came across this - doesn't look good - unless we can get the software to crack the CPRM!

"Dear Friends, dont waste your time. All SD FORD are protected with CPRM SD protection, like DRM. To copy or decode files needs a CPRM compliant SD reader/writer and the software with the encryption/decryption key. You cannot try to write over an "old" SD because at first the CPRM protection do not allow to write on SD card and as second the CPRM protected zone is not normally accesible. I lost lot of months for trying to understand how upgrade my POI (at least!) but i'm sure at 110% that we dont have chance if somebody on the Bosch system release some piece of software and specification.There's also absolutely not information about CPRM works, wich software we need or other specification. Copying files into a normal SD card dont give you any hop of success. At toady, as far i know, nobody have decrypted the SD CPRM algorithm instead of DVD CPRM that has been broked.This is because FORD want about 295 € for a newly SD CARD. I could understand the map but why dont give the availibility to upgrade POIs?? FYI CPRM compliant SD reader/writer could be found on the market. Of course any experiment is really appreciated. Another thing : when you put SD on FORD navigator this take the key stored in the CPRM area and record into system. If you swap SD card for a long time (about 1h) when you put back the other SD the system answer that DATA are not correct. ******* ford!"
Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #125
mutanti
Turbo

Damm. So basically your held to ransom by Ford for an out of date Navigation system when you purchase a new Car
Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #126
mutanti
Turbo

Post 9 onwards is Interesting although I still believe it is pretty well locked up

TheShareWizard

Thanks

Re: Ford Navigation Western Europe SD Sat Nav V3 2013

Dear Friends, dont waste your time. All SD FORD are protected with CPRM SD protection, like DRM. To copy or decode files needs a CPRM compliant SD reader/writer and the software with the encryption/decryption key. You cannot try to write over an "old" SD because at first the CPRM protection do not allow to write on SD card and as second the CPRM protected zone is not normally accesible. I lost lot of months for trying to understand how upgrade my POI (at least!) but i'm sure at 110% that we dont have chance if somebody on the Bosch system release some piece of software and specification.There's also absolutely not information about CPRM works, wich software we need or other specification. Copying files into a normal SD card dont give you any hop of success. At toady, as far i know, nobody have decrypted the SD CPRM algorithm instead of DVD CPRM that has been broked.This is because FORD want about 295 € for a newly SD CARD. I could understand the map but why dont give the availibility to upgrade POIs?? FYI CPRM compliant SD reader/writer could be found on the market. Of course any experiment is really appreciated. Another thing : when you put SD on FORD navigator this take the key stored in the CPRM area and record into system. If you swap SD card for a long time (about 1h) when you put back the other SD the system answer that DATA are not correct. ******* ford!

Last edited by TheShareWizard; 12th May 2013 at 00:15.

Link

Another Link Read Post #7

Last edited by mutanti; 01-07-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #127
Dazzabrookes
Starter Motor

Spoke to a good mate who works in IT security, he has some good idea's but problem is;

1 - Protection is built into the software,
2 - Its also on/built into the SD card,
3 - And built in/running software on the PC reading it.

So to crack it you have to get around 3 levels of protection - Ford really didn't want anyone to get in the backdoor!

Will keep all updated but doesn't look good?...
Old 02-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #128
Dazzabrookes
Starter Motor

Game over.

http://www.4centity.com/
Old 16-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #129
Dazzabrookes
Starter Motor

Hi all an update,

Been geeting nowhere with Map updates - you can buy them directly of the shelf in the UK, or directly from Navmapstore.com - how easy is that.

So I contacted Bosch Germany who pasted on the contact to there service team in Australia -response as per below.
I have been in contact with Ford a number of times and passed this below mail onto Ford and now awiat there feedabck?

Hi there,

Thank you for your email.

Below is the link for Ford maps via whereis which you probably already tried.

https://www.ford.whereis.com.au/default.asp

Currently it shows out of stock through Whereis

We don’t carry the mapping at all.
This is between Bosch Germany/Ford and Whereis.

Best regards
Bosch Electronic Service
Robert Bosch(Australia) Pty. Ltd.
Automotive Aftermarket Division,
Bosch Electronic Service (AA-ES/AU)
1555 Centre Road
Clayton South Victoria 3169
AUSTRALIA

www.bosch.com.au
Tel. 1300 30 70 36
boschelectronicservice@au.bosch.com
Old 17-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #130
garman
Starter Motor

As far as I can tell WhereIs has a v9 out for $199 which sadly is out of stock. Will try to see if it exists in the whereis site. Pretty poor effort by Ford Australia
garman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #131
Dazzabrookes
Starter Motor

Hi Garman,

Whereis dont have it and there service department dont know when it will be in stock? They where suppose to call me back two weeks ago but noone bothered - called them and had to go through th e whole story agian - uesless.

Have had better luck with Bosch today, more feedback from Germany & Bosch in Clayton, know the the contact details for the Buyer of these units at Ford Australia so going to chase him down tomorrow.

How hard can it be for 3 global companys to work together and provide a client with what they want?
This user likes this post:
Old 08-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #132
Alto 99
Starter Motor

Hi, just this week I bought a 50th anniversary G6ET which has integrated sat nav. It appears that I didn't get a sd card as when I turn on sat nav it says "please insert sd card". I can't find any information even for where the sd card should be inserted and if its not there I didn't get one, all that came was an empty dvd case, but I do have the remote control. Can someone advise to where the card actually goes?
Thought it might be in console next to i pod connection but nothing there. Any help would be appreciated.
Alto 99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #133
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the passenger side near the glove box there is a panel. The module is behind there.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 12:52 AM   #134
Alto 99
Starter Motor

Great, thanks for that Richo77
Old 09-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #135
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found my unit up there on the left and it looked like the card insert was covered by a metal bracket. Gave up at that point and rely on my 5" Garmin sat nav with free updates. But let us know how you go, might want to update in the future although it's $199.00.
martyal44 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #136
Alto 99
Starter Motor

I have now found where the card goes, the sd card was there but not pushed all the way in and is now showing the maps, but I haven' tried it on the road as yet.
I also have the 5" Garmin that you mention that I used in my other car, and yes it probably is a better unit especially with the free updates. Just thought I'd like to have the ford sat nav working and save having the Garmin stuck to the windscreen with cable hanging down the dash .... but we'll see.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:52 PM   #137
ghitch
Starter Motor

I've been trying to get updates from Ford for almost 2 years on this exact topic, pathetic responses and customer service for something that is so easy to provide. Given the tech age we are in I don't know how they get this so wrong
ghitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #138
mutanti
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghitch View Post
I've been trying to get updates from Ford for almost 2 years on this exact topic, pathetic responses and customer service for something that is so easy to provide. Given the tech age we are in I don't know how they get this so wrong
I Think it would Be Easier to Find T|Ts On A BuLL to be honest...
My Focus Titanium maps are Older than the Car. Roads that were Finished in 2009 still not showing..... Nagambie Bypass etc...
Old 14-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #139
ghitch
Starter Motor

So I decided to take to social media and get Ford to respond. took about 3 days but they sent me a DM and asked for my details to be contacted by them.

Another 3 days and I'm still waiting for a call..
Pretty pathetic service
Old 14-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #140
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just reflecting, it would take me 20 min to access the thing in the passenger area and then a cost outlay to update; still rely on my Garvin with free updates. The ICC is a good unit you'd think the updates could be done on it alone.
martyal44 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #141
mutanti
Turbo

I had also did the Social media thing but just had a call to Purchase the new maps via myford.com.au.. pretty sad considering my Focus is 2012 and i would consider maps to be 2009 or older...
I would rather just update My Sygic for that Cost for something that should be at least the age of the Car..

https://www.ford.whereis.com.au/default.asp

Why do they even Bother to put GPS in when there OLD...

Wont be doing any GPS Options ever again..
Old 15-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #142
ghitch
Starter Motor

Yep I finally got a call from Ford today that informed me the website is now updated and I should purchase it through the site. Again very poor. $200 for an SD card with a set of instructions.
Old 15-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #143
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

never ever buy a car for the GPS if it is using factory specific codes for the maps they are always years out of date and hellishly expensive.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #144
mutanti
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
never ever buy a car for the GPS if it is using factory specific codes for the maps they are always years out of date and hellishly expensive.
I diddnt actually buy it because of the GPS as such, but i Would expect it to be at least as new as the car. My Focus Titanium came with it..
Old 21-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #145
Rayden
Starter Motor

Does anyone know when the SatNav Maps are updated. I see from the communications here it seems to be a bit of a black hole.

I am about to have my 2012 Territory Titanium serviced and thought I should get the latest maps. However, the Ford dealer advised that the last map update was over a year ago. As the update costs $200, I would not want to get this update only to find that in a few weeks time a new map is issued. Ford had no information on this - neither did "Whereis" who produce the maps I believe. Pretty poor for such an expensive item.
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #146
ghitch
Starter Motor

Rayden - if it gives you any indication my FW Focus was purchased new in 2012, maps on the car were 2009.

The ones just released now should be their latest for a few years given how long they take to provide updates.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #147
Rodelz
Old Timer

I have a 2011 Territory Titanium Diesel, reading thru the latest posts from 2014, can I ask a silly question. Has there been any new info on updating the maps since last year? I went onto the myford sight and the only update for Territory is for pre 2010 models. Has anyone got any new info?
Rodelz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #148
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodelz View Post
I have a 2011 Territory Titanium Diesel, reading thru the latest posts from 2014, can I ask a silly question. Has there been any new info on updating the maps since last year? I went onto the myford sight and the only update for Territory is for pre 2010 models. Has anyone got any new info?
There will be a new Sat Nav e-voucher with the latest maps due in November..part number has been released but not available yet. There is another post in the Territory section regarding this topic..
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #149
CatonaPC©

Post removed.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #150
SIRGTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
There will be a new Sat Nav e-voucher with the latest maps due in November..part number has been released but not available yet. There is another post in the Territory section regarding this topic..
What does this mean?
SIRGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post