Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #121
harlz1

Default Re: New Ford Mustang arrives in Australia, sold out for a year before anyone test drives a car

Ok, so of the 4000 orders what's the % guess as to how many will bail out / drop off.
harlz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #122
Snake Bite

Default Re: New Ford Mustang arrives in Australia, sold out for a year before anyone test drives a car

1 percent
Old 16-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #123
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At this point I'd be happy to see one in a dealer so I can jump and see how it feels. I have a terrible feeling it will be small and cramped and it will dash all my hopes.

Then I'll have to get a 4wd next car instead.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #124
harlz1

I reckon about 1 in 20 , 200 cars.
5%
harlz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #125
Snake Bite

Smile Re: New Ford Mustang arrives in Australia, sold out for a year before anyone test drives a car

[QUOTE=Sabantien;5541163]At this point I'd be happy to see one in a dealer so I can jump and see how it feels. I have a terrible feeling it will be small and cramped and it will dash all Then I'll have to get a 4wd next car instead. [/QUOTE

Mate youll want one I'm telling ya. They are soooooooooooo nice in the flesh,photos dont do the car justice at all. It is sooooooo nice inside also. Back seat good for kids and average size adults......once you see one you will soon forget about the 4x4........

Oh and then you'll be told that it's 12 months wait. ....aand you will still want one
Old 17-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #126
Bossxr8
Peter Car

There's plenty of room in the front. Just a bit tight in the back. Might be ok for small kids but that's about it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #127
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do the Dealers even have brochures yet? just curious.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #128
paulb351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
do the Dealers even have brochures yet? just curious.

Yes they do. Don't bother as FoA couldn't arrange a root in a brothel or a beer in a pub as far as delivering the mustang is concerned. Batch one customers are now being advised May/June delivery
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #129
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb351 View Post
Yes they do. Don't bother as FoA couldn't arrange a root in a brothel or a beer in a pub as far as delivering the mustang is concerned. Batch one customers are now being advised May/June delivery
Mate if your so unhappy just walk away. Rescind your contract and buy something else. That will make a much bigger statement then ranting on here!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #130
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredie View Post
hi all ,
been a holden man since 1963 had 20 till now still have 79 hz panel van
fully restored better than new also ve series 2 ss sandman canopy ute
with performance pack, soon as i seen 2016 mustang awesome i'm
trying to get info on getting it supercharged as lands in aus . dealers dont seem to know if ford are going to have performance packs
come on mustang
There are some who can't believe people wanting to buy a car that they've not yet driven.

Here's someone who joined AFF today, been with the dark side for nearly 53 years and now looking forward to his first Ford it seems
Old 17-12-2015, 09:35 PM   #131
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
There are some who can't believe people wanting to buy a car that they've not yet driven.

Here's someone who joined AFF today, been with the dark side for nearly 53 years and now looking forward to his first Ford it seems
Yep and already finding out what its like dealing with Ford!!
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #132
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
There's plenty of room in the front. Just a bit tight in the back. Might be ok for small kids but that's about it.
This is all good with me. Last time I had passengers in the back seat was about a year ago, and one of them was 4'11, she'd be right.

My biggest problem when car shopping was finding cars I could fit into, and then the ones I could fit into, drive comfortably for more than a short period of time. I think that's why the Falcon got me, i'd been trying small cars before that and my brother insisted I have a look at a Falcon.

Mustang would be a long way off for me unfortunately, but we all need dreams.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #133
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

I'm a Ford man but honestly the design of the Mustang leaves me cold.

Want a V8 coupe?

Then try this one ...

Last edited by Cav; 08-05-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #134
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

That looks sweet Cav and if I am not mistaken that is a Hyundai!! Sheesh, they would sell like hot cakes if they were to bring that out, preferably with a V8 in it!!

2008 VW Passat R36 Wagon - Black, Leather, DSG, 18" Omanyt, Sunroof, LED Mods = Best and quickest car I've owned

Previous Rides
2006 VW Jetta 2.0L FSI Turbo
2000 AUII XR8 (200kw) - Miss my old girl
1996 EF Falcon Gli - Rare manual
1988 Mazda 626 Hatch
1982 Mazda 626 Sedan
v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #135
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I wonder if any of those that have bought a Mustang have ever driven a 2 door car?

If not they're going to find out just how much room you need to open the doors
Old 18-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #136
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I bought a used car with the steering wheel on the wrong side that I hadn't driven from a foreign country, ****ing love it !

What's the big deal
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #137
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So much negativity. Ya'll must thing it's like ordering a TV from JB Hifi. Instead of blaming Ford, blame everyone else who ordered one too cause that's the reason yours is taking longer. Better yet, cancel your order if you've got your knickers in such a knot.
This is the first time that they've brought a mass produced RHD vehicle over with this level of quality control and import bull**** from the states.

Ford told everyone not to expect solid delivery dates and to expect some delays...
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #138
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
I bought a used car with the steering wheel on the wrong side that I hadn't driven from a foreign country, ****ing love it !

What's the big deal
Same, twice. See signature
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #139
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Ford told everyone not to expect solid delivery dates and to expect some delays...
I can't recall seeing or hearing about customers being told that, I'd say that's why some of them are so annoyed and are 'having a whinge'.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #140
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford , told me that when i ordered my Ranger Wildtrac back in 2014 ... so its not new to the mustang.

I can understand the new buyers being ****ed with the changing of delivery dates as well.

I wish my company could get orders with deposits paid for new equipment, and then change the delivery times to suit ourselves.

The Global Market we had to have, belongs with the climate change debate.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #141
Snake Bite

Quote:
I wonder if any of those that have bought a Mustang have ever driven a 2 door car?

Yep I'm covered . Should be a hell of a lot easier than the cobra
Old 18-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #142
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
So much negativity. Ya'll must thing it's like ordering a TV from JB Hifi. Instead of blaming Ford, blame everyone else who ordered one too cause that's the reason yours is taking longer. Better yet, cancel your order if you've got your knickers in such a knot.
This is the first time that they've brought a mass produced RHD vehicle over with this level of quality control and import bull**** from the states.

I don't think this was aimed at me, if it was I apologise for sounding negative as It wasn't intentional.

If I could afford it I'd have one in a flash, but having a 2 door car does mean more parking space is needed, something not many realise.

Buy hey, it's just another reason to park at the back of the supermarket.
Old 18-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #143
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Reality check guys, there are people that wont be eating tonight, but your worried about getting your Mustang weeks after an estimated delivery date...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #144
rjk74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Reality check guys, there are people that wont be eating tonight, but your worried about getting your Mustang weeks after an estimated delivery date...
Yep must be tough with these 1st world problems.
rjk74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #145
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post

Are you suggesting a class action law suit for pain and suffering?
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #146
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Interesting point...in the lovely brand new "meets Australian standards sized" car parks at work I have trouble with the doors on the Celica, and it's not an overly big car (but does have two very long doors), and have to really watch how I open them. Not sure how these parks would go with a larger wider car with two long doors...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #147
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@Rockdale View Post
Not true. Any fall-overs go back into pool stock and are allocated to the next customer order in-line. The dealership cannot keep the car and resell it to another customer.

Now as far as a customer reselling straight away, that's another story.
Already 1 dealer asking $88K for one, there will definitely be more available over the coming weeks.
http://www.carsales.com.au/nearnew/d...2250785/?Cr=32

Ford has also said they can't stop dealers from price gouging:
http://www.carsales.com.au/editorial...gouging-100972
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #148
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Already 1 dealer asking $88K for one, there will definitely be more available over the coming weeks.
http://www.carsales.com.au/nearnew/d...2250785/?Cr=32

Ford has also said they can't stop dealers from price gouging:
http://www.carsales.com.au/editorial...gouging-100972

That car is not a Ford dealer, its Queensland Vehicle Sales. Obviously bought the car as a demo and is now selling it.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #149
Homer
Poor IT dude

First review?
http://www.caradvice.com.au/409886/2...ustang-review/
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #150
Sioso
irregular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
That car is not a Ford dealer, its Queensland Vehicle Sales. Obviously bought the car as a demo and is now selling it.
My original post said:
There will be a few new ones available from dealers on Carsales - there always is.
They will have a big mark up over rrp though.

And that is exactly what is happening.
There will be heaps more in the coming weeks and months.

Ford themselves have also mentioned they have no power over dealerships price gouging if they want.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post