Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #121
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Just checked my BA XR, only one filament each side on high beam, the low beam switches off
Old 01-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #122
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

on both my cars, with single headlights, the H4 only lights one fillament at a time.

I thought falcons only used one filament in the H4 and then the extra H7 or whatever it is. Not both H4 filaments on high beam!?
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #123
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats correct dogbreath, as it is with most cars that are H4 equipped
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #124
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

I thought of another one, and I realise it's a stupid one and that not everyone will agree with me, but I'll say it anyway...

I'm not exactly fond of the 'rubber band profile rubber around HUGE rims' look.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 12:12 AM   #125
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

ok neon update, u can get everything for ur ricer with neons, they now have the bolts tat hold ur numberplates in intergated with neon light... :p
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #126
WarwickLT

I %^7ing hate tail lights that are set higher than normal - thoy look like their a mile off, then before you know it your up their ruddy @r$e. 'Sok if they have normal lights as well, otherwise I fail to see any point except 2 Peeve me.

Oversize spoilers on Front-wheel drive
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #127
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

People that drive around with tail lights not working. One light out I can handle (might have just blown) but I see a lot getting around with no tail lights. There is almost no chance they both blew at the same time so it is obvious they don't give a damn. If I was a cop I would give them a defect straight away and they would have to pick up their car in daylight (or get it towed). It is downright dangerous!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 AM   #128
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

i hate pods under the bonnet, not enclosed. i saw a landcruiser the other day at work with one, straight above the exhaust manifold, and the fact he had the full "Above water" snorkel, just not connected.
Its a very RICEY mod, without a box... /end rant

also hate with a passion:
no brake lights, no indicators, no headlights

tailgaters, but around 400% more hated if its wet.

people that are extremely slow off the mark from lights, when theres a big amount of peak hour traffic behind them.
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 01:52 AM   #129
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri gt
ok neon update, u can get everything for ur ricer with neons, they now have the bolts tat hold ur numberplates in intergated with neon light... :p
your joking!! where can i get em? they sounds sooo coool , NOT!!
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #130
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

the reason why some cars have headlights on during the day is becasue its usually a leased car from telstra or a business or whatever and they option the cars with the auto headlights feature
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 03:09 PM   #131
Xephon
TERRA Operative

Pet hate?
Tailgaters (brake test coming up!!)
People who drive slower than the limit (I'm talking 10kmh or more) and idiots who don't look where they are going. I have been rear ended 3 times! Yes 3!! 2 times my car had been statiomary with brake lights on. Once a red light and once turning left behind 3 other cars. (I know my lights were working, I am a quite anal about this) the other time my ute was parked on the side of the road! Bent the ute like a banana...

GAAAAA!
Xephon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #132
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephon
Pet hate?
Tailgaters (brake test coming up!!)
People who drive slower than the limit (I'm talking 10kmh or more) and idiots who don't look where they are going. I have been rear ended 3 times! Yes 3!! 2 times my car had been statiomary with brake lights on. Once a red light and once turning left behind 3 other cars. (I know my lights were working, I am a quite anal about this) the other time my ute was parked on the side of the road! Bent the ute like a banana...

GAAAAA!
My brother got his ute back from the crash repair on Friday night (rear ended) and on the Saturday gets rear ended again by a Honda. The lights had just turned green, my brother took his foot off the brake pedal & bang. The guy reckons he didn't see the ute, hit it at 60 km/h.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #133
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

*) For sure, tailgaters
*) People who speed up when they're being overtaken
*) People who indicate at the very last minute, if at all, especially on roundabouts
*) Crazy women in small cars (you know the ones)
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #134
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
Mine is the Fools that just refuse to stay in the left lane on the freeway here in Brissy
lol, i hear ya mate! i was on the way down to brissie a few weeks ago, some guy driving a hyundai with his chick in the passenger seat sitting in the right lane doing about 100clicks. i overtake a few cars and come up behind them.

ended up sitting behind them for a good half a minute before going past in the left lane. the funny thing is this seems to really **** off some right lane huggers, he proceeded to move across right behind me and tried to keep up with me. let's just say he couldnt :evil_laug
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #135
muzz

Most things have been covered.

people swerving all over the road whilst talking on the mobile

idiots with unsafe/unsecured loads

Selfish/discourteous/impatient drivers that don't give way

drivers that harass L platers - give them a break they need to learn and we don't need them to learn how to be idiots, there's enough out there.

Tail gaters

morons that speed up when you try to overtake

a system that only cares about speeding fine revenue and doesn't do much about all of the above.
muzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #136
jthommo
Still Lovin It !

It's good to see that it is not just us NSWelshmen that seem to notice the Right Lane Huggers, my pet hate as well..
jthommo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #137
jthommo
Still Lovin It !

Default Other Pet hates, not Drivers - Council Plans

This is to XEPHON, Not to sound sarcastic at all, but maybe if you drove around in reverse you could see them coming an flash your high beams at the LOL....

PS... My AVATAR, No I didn't rear end a guy..... I T-boned him.... Dead Centre of the wheel arches..... Air bags didn't go off though !!! Yet another great example of Councils creating Blind Spots on intersections with their stupid "beautification" plans..

Last edited by jthommo; 02-07-2005 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added Info
Old 02-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #138
Xephon
TERRA Operative

Well the first mod on my Cortina was a high level LED brakelight.. I didn't mind tooo much though, just meant their insurance company bought me a new car!! It was just the inconvenience of it all and knowing they were still on the road that ticked me off.... As well as it happening 3 damn times. :
Xephon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #139
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
People that drive around with tail lights not working. One light out I can handle (might have just blown) but I see a lot getting around with no tail lights. There is almost no chance they both blew at the same time so it is obvious they don't give a damn. If I was a cop I would give them a defect straight away and they would have to pick up their car in daylight (or get it towed). It is downright dangerous!
It's common on the EF/EL series falcons. You'll find the globes are fine and the brake light switch has failed. It usually happens after towing. The reason they don't know? How can you see your brake lights when your in the drivers seat or on your own?

I agree it is dangerous. Ford should recall all EF/EL series Falcons that had optioned towbars to fit a relay for the trailer plug/trailer brake lights.

[edit]How do I know? I own an EL and are on my 4th switch.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #140
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

I may have mentioned it before somewhere else , but I really hate it when you overtake someone (thats doing less than the limit) and they get cut because you left them behind. Its common pratice it seems (especially holden drivers) to want to stick to your **** like a hemorrhoid because you went past them. What makes it worse is they usally want to show you how good they really are by overtaking you again asap over double lines or something just as dangerous and stupid.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #141
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVETA
I may have mentioned it before somewhere else , but I really hate it when you overtake someone (thats doing less than the limit) and they get cut because you left them behind. Its common pratice it seems (especially holden drivers) to want to stick to your **** like a hemorrhoid because you went past them. What makes it worse is they usally want to show you how good they really are by overtaking you again asap over double lines or something just as dangerous and stupid.
and then slow down again.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #142
Steffo
LPG > You

Too many pet hates to list... lol
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #143
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Cars like the Honda HRV or CRV, BMW X3, X5, Merc M seris. All these 4wd you never see off road.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #144
Lion-hunter
Lion-hunter

OK lots of different things. I hate people telling me how my car is and how good their cousin/brother/uncle's car is! That really gets me goin. Also I hate it when people who dont like neon or such crap on you for havin them. Mine are there for judging on my stereo and not for fast and furious style driving. Also I really hate small minded people who crap on other people for being different!
Lion-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #145
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Porsche Cayennes (the Porsche "4WD" [use the term exeedingly loosley]) Also any 4WD, AWD, Soft-Roader, Crossover vehicle etc, made by any of the following brands: BMW, Mercedes (except G-Wagen), Honda, Subaru, the above mentioned Porsche, Hyundai, Kia, Audi, Volvo, Jeep (Personal reasons. completely unfounded), Volkswagen, Diahatsu (Except Rocky [suprisingly tough little trucks]) Suzuki... I could go on for ever.

Turramurra Tanks. 4WDs owned by wealthy upper class women, and used only to ferry their perfect snooty little children between their upper class private schools and tennis lessons with Roger Federer.

4WDs are made for off-road use. If you dont intend ever taking it off-road don't buy one. (obviously if you require one for towing purposes or other valid reasons, this does not apply to you.)

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #146
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

**BTW**

Apologies for being sexist, opinionated, steriotypical, intolerent etc in above post.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #147
Shockwave-T
Starter Motor

I hate giving way to people (waving them in from side streets in traffic, pulling to the side to allow oncoming traffic through narrow streets, etc) and not getting a wave, nod, smile etc.

People who slow down/stop at freeway onramps instead of accellerating

People who think I am a hoon because I drive a modified car

Senile people on the roads in smokey old rust-buckets

People who think their car (or brand of car) is the greatest and are ignorant to anything else - I don't mean people who are brand loyal, just people who don't accept others

People who buy cars for status and not for themselves

Internet/magazine mechanics

I could think of millions more...
Shockwave-T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:06 AM   #148
HSE2

Only have two

People that reef the handbrake on without pressing the detent button.

People who think they have the right to tell others what they should be driving or owning dependant on intended use. If such behaviour were applied to the general world we would be in a sorry state.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 01:16 AM   #149
Falcon Girl
"Falcon Unbelievable"

Got many pet hates but these would be my top ones:

* People who tailgate you when you are doing the speed limit - One thing that really does bug me, is when I am sitting on 40km/h in a school zone only to have a parent (not all parents, just some) speed up behind me, tailgate me for awhile until her/his patience runs out and then finally speed past.

* Those people who fly up the inside of you on a merging lane to get in front of you. It doesn't matter what you do, they are determined to get in front. You end up catching up to them at the next set of lights, so I don't really see what good it does! :
Falcon Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #150
jthommo
Still Lovin It !

HSE2 .....I agree with No 2... My parents are going to freak when I buy my next car. A territory... Hey and I'm married 34 with 2 kids . My wife does daycare and they tell me I don't need a 7 seater....