Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #121
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage
Ok try this line the "I'm sorry I don't know, but let me go and find out for you"
Yeah, but what about if the person you asked doesn't know either, or your the only worker present? I know we're getting into a tit-for-tat argument, but you have to remeber that the people working there won't have all the product knowledge to cover all parts of the automovitive field (which is a large one at that).

Like others, I research what parts before I buy. SCA is a small automotive supermarket, only stocking the most general items. If you need something more specific, you need to head to autopro/repco/bursons ect ect
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #122
Karnage
Finger Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber
Yeah, but what about if the person you asked doesn't know either, or your the only worker present? I know we're getting into a tit-for-tat argument, but you have to remeber that the people working there won't have all the product knowledge to cover all parts of the automovitive field (which is a large one at that).
I wouldn't call it a tit for tat argument. This relates to customer service not just SCA. If the person you asked doesn't know either then you ask someone else. All automotive parts resellers are serviced by reps, even if the parts/products are supplied from a DC. Its not hard to make a call and find out the correct information to pass on to the customer. 95% of customers would prefer to be told that you dont have the knowledge but will research it, then be feed incorrect info.
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #123
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

[QUOTE=Nikked]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
If your interested in retail, surely you can get work in the field that interests you.
QUOTE]

When you are 15 and looking for a job so you can save up for your fist car (or whaterver), you drop your resume in any store possible...
:
Ok, normally i get told im too blunt, but this may be easier for you to understand.

The 15yr old is encouraged to drop their resume off by all means, but surely the peanut wearing the managers badge could sift through the stack and find applicants with genuine interest.

I bet if SC put an add on here they'd get 100 enquiries from teenage car enthusiasts.

Unfortunately it appears pant size and hairstyle is a much more sought after quality.
Again, the same reason your burgers burnt and your fries are missin'
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post