Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #151
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
:rolleyes:

Well I would probably punish the person that did the original crime.

I wouldn't punish everyone that had purchased my product for the actions of one party.

But hey thats just me.
In a perfect world but punishing them will take ages . An will not stop more people from being ripped off in the mean time.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #152
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Because the aussie distrutor (we all know who) was selling tuners and private buyers a second hand maybe tenth hand unit to them as new at full price.
That is because the distributor that is responsible for this is no longer a distributor. There is a new distributor that is unlikely to jump up and down as they will profit out of the expected jump in sales of the new unit.

Quote:
In a perfect world but punishing them will take ages . An will not stop more people from being ripped off in the mean time.
or by SCT ripping off the consumers enmasse, they protect their own income.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 AM   #153
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Or they pull the product stop people from getting ripped off in the mean time.
and in doing so they then rip off all the other people that purchased the units in the correct way, at the correct price.

Explain to me, how that is fair?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #154
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I never said it was fair . I dont know what there choices they had .
Maybe choices were
1 .Recall the product possibly go bankrupt
2 .trade all units for new ones . Possibly go bankrupt aswell
3 . Offer 90 days for people to get the tunes up to date and then kill the product which may result in new sales.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #155
05_ENFORCER

Honestly, I don't see this being a problem.
Everyone who is affected including the tuners/dealers, boycott SCT.
Is it that hard?
Lets get back to the old Aussie nuts and guts.
If you cannot find a solution, produce your own.
The Yanks are really not that smart IMO.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #156
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@sct
What name is on the outside of your tuner box?
As X-CAL 1 has already been presented with your insignia, here is X-CAL 2 for your info too...
Old 01-02-2009, 02:50 AM   #157
badxr6
Starter Motor

the question has still not been answered yet if after 90 days somebody whats to get there sct1 retuned will the tuner still be able to write a tune to the box.simple question that could save a lot of agravation
Old 01-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #158
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by badxr6
the question has still not been answered yet if after 90 days somebody whats to get there sct1 retuned will the tuner still be able to write a tune to the box.simple question that could save a lot of agravation
That questions has been answered so many times its no longer funny .
no
Old 01-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #159
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
Honestly, I don't see this being a problem.
Everyone who is affected including the tuners/dealers, boycott SCT.
Is it that hard?
Lets get back to the old Aussie nuts and guts.
If you cannot find a solution, produce your own.
The Yanks are really not that smart IMO.
The problem is I have a X1 unit, which I was going to get tuned for my next car, which is what I was promised I could now. Now they have said I can't and I have to find another $1000 when I shouldn't have to. That is the problem.

Quote:
Maybe choices were
3 . Offer 90 days for people to get the tunes up to date and then kill the product which may result in new sales.
4. Leave the support as it was and take legal action on the distributor that has done the wrong thing.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #160
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
4. Leave the support as it was and take legal action on the distributor that has done the wrong thing.
An leave yourself open to legal action because you did not stop this from happening when you discorved the issue.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #161
GT849

Quote:
After speaking with many Dealers and Customers in Australia and New Zealand a solution is now available.

SCT will be reactivating honest dealers to continue supporting their customers via X1 devices. This is a temporary activation and will be available for the next 90 days and dealers must contact SCT to become active to tune X1 boxes. The intention of this activation is to show that SCT strives for customer satisfaction.

Please understand the main reason for the shutdown was regarding a violation of our license agreement by a dealer. The intentional resetting of locked boxes is prohibited and will not be tolerated. SCT reacted to raise awareness but feels that dealers must take an active role in securing their customers best intentions as well.

Remember that those found to be unlocking our devices and re-flashing will be cut off and will not be eligible to buy or support SCT product of any kind.

As always, if you need anything or want to report abuse, please do not hesitate to contact us.

SCT’s goal has always been to provide a top notch product and with the help of our dealers, we can prove once again that SCT can support the world's most important automobiles...YOURS!

Please contact your local dealer for support.

Charlie@sct
You give me 90 days with which to have my car tune with a product you put on ther market and your reason for taking it out is becuase some one ripped you off. Fair enough pal but I think you should take it up with them and not the poor consumer who just went out and purchased your product in good faith. While I understand your problem it makes perfect sence to resolve your problem with the unfaithfull tunner. If you think you have the market by the balls and can rail road us into buying a new product go and take a jump. this is not our problem and it should be dealt with in a more professional mannor
Old 01-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #162
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Amen to the first bit - whether or not their agreement was tight enough for the second bit... who knows.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #163
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would cut my losses and ditch these mofos if I were in the same position. Talk with your feet.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:09 AM   #164
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
An leave yourself open to legal action because you did not stop this from happening when you discorved the issue.

But it is not SCT providing used boxes, that is the distributor. Therefore it is the distributor that is copping legal issues from all levels.

Additionally, it is not so much that people were buying units from the distributor, believing they were getting new. It is more that the distributor was sending units out so the consumer could load the tune on their car. Then they were sending the unit back to the distributor so that it could be sent to someone else for the same reason at a reduced price as they were not buying the unit.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:15 AM   #165
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That questions has been answered so many times its no longer funny .
no
Wrong.

Yes it can, SCT Advantage V2.9 still functions perfectly. There is no 90 day limit with this version of SCT. It does have limited support however in that it cannot do FG's and late model BFII's. As I stated earlier any tuner/dealer who still has this version of the software can continue to tune the XCal1 units. Anyone new to having a tune done with a late model BFII/FG should be directed to purchase a XC2/XC3 for their vehicle, and they can continue to have tunes added/changed to their box.

The issues lies with tuners/SCT Dealers who came on board when Advantage V3.whatever was released and they purchased that instead of V2.9, or, they no longer have their version of V2.9.

Clear?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 AM   #166
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But it is not SCT providing used boxes, that is the distributor. Therefore it is the distributor that is copping legal issues from all levels.

Additionally, it is not so much that people were buying units from the distributor, believing they were getting new. It is more that the distributor was sending units out so the consumer could load the tune on their car. Then they were sending the unit back to the distributor so that it could be sent to someone else for the same reason at a reduced price as they were not buying the unit.

I heard that i also heard after the same unit had been used 4 times then after resetting it then selling it as new at Full price and then the buyer had a unit that could not be reset a sold or paired with another vehicle.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #167
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Wrong.

Yes it can, SCT Advantage V2.9 still functions perfectly. There is no 90 day limit with this version of SCT. It does have limited support however in that it cannot do FG's and late model BFII's. As I stated earlier any tuner/dealer who still has this version of the software can continue to tune the XCal1 units. Anyone new to having a tune done with a late model BFII/FG should be directed to purchase a XC2/XC3 for their vehicle, and they can continue to have tunes added/changed to their box.

The issues lies with tuners/SCT Dealers who came on board when Advantage V3.whatever was released and they purchased that instead of V2.9, or, they no longer have their version of V2.9.

Clear?
as crystal
Old 01-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #168
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
Wrong.

Clear?

Partially incorrect, not all tuners that were previously operating the SCT software have the old version. Those that do would be the ones that have a seperate computer that still holds it from what I understand. I would suggest that the number of tuners with the old software would be very limited. There is a good chance that some areas will have no tuners with the old software. Not good enough!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:22 AM   #169
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
This 2.9 software, is it "illegal" to use it? If not is is possible that someone will find a way around it?

The point I'm getting at is that a few people were using these boxes illeglly so SCT has shut it down.

So now we will probably have hundreds or thousands of people "illegally" accessing and using the X1 Unit so they don't have to fork out more cash for a new unit.

I'm not accusing or finger pointing, just pointing out the irony of it all.

Or am I way off here?
No it's not illegal to use. CAPA stopped supporting it (via software updates) around Aug '07 and encouraged tuners/dealers to upgrade to V3.whatever. I admit it was a token fee to upgrade (Around $500-$600) and I believe almost all dealers (myself excluded) took up the offer. Some are running it concurrently (V2.9) with V3.xxx, others may have deemed it obsolete and retired it.

Call your tuner to find out.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #170
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Partially incorrect, not all tuners that were previously operating the SCT software have the old version. Those that do would be the ones that have a seperate computer that still holds it from what I understand. I would suggest that the number of tuners with the old software would be very limited. There is a good chance that some areas will have no tuners with the old software. Not good enough!
No, I don't believe I'm partially incorrect but do agree with you that there could be some tuners who have not retained V2.9, do not have V2.9 or have used the XC1 boxes on late model BFII's/FG with V3.xx which cannot be supported after the timeframe stated by Charlie from SCT.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:39 AM   #171
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

There have already been members that can not have their booked tunes done because their favourite tuner has updated to V3.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:38 AM   #172
Fireblade
Wizard Member

To me it seems CAPA are to blame, CAPA are the only ones that could unlock a locked box, If everyone checked their box with their tuner to see how many cars it has done, and found that it was used 3-4 times with them only owning say 2 vehicles and you bought the box in good faith as advertised brand new then the dealer responsible (CAPA) should be attacked for this. This is the way I see it, but it does seem oddly quiet in the CAPA spokesperson corner, and in the other Herrod hasn't come into it either, would still like to hear their side.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #173
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fairly sure this is a total dog act by SCT.

To cause this much upset is nothing but unreasonable.

It took me a year to save for a tune box, tune and other supporting mods for the tune. I now find I also need a new fuel pump. It is totally unfair for me to buy a box, worth $600 and four months later find I may need a new $1000 dollar tune box which gains me roughly nothing to change minor imperfections in the tune...

I am a student on a low wage, which works and saves hard for his car, and gets kicked in the **** by dodgy companies.

Very disapointed SCT...
Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #174
jetute

Quote:
Look i have a xcal1 im getting shafted too. I just dont think it is a cut and dry as people make it out to be . Unless they went to the aussie distributors factory and take the technology from them to stop messing with the product. Just think how long that would take to get permission from the courts for that.
your joking arent you......

they went about it the wrong way and rammed a big **** pole up everyone that has spent money on their products.

it is wrong wrong wrong.

there are ways to go about it and this aint it... its all about $$$$$ at the moment

BF mk11 XR6T ZF in neo
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #175
jetute

Quote:
Maybe choices were

4. take action against capa, turn off capas ability, via the dongle, to update their systmems which in the long term stops them from using their product.

instead they went you, me and thousands of others!!! and you understand this.... how? I guess they were hoping for others to be as understanding. But they were WRONG

they have other options, they chose not to use them

BF mk11 XR6T ZF in neo
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #176
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

Quote:
After 90 days, your device will program you vehicle like it was designed to do.
No, it was designed to be a tuning tool, to flash new tunes into my car, after 90 days it will no longer do that. You keep going off into la la land about this situation and what you've done to a LOT of honest dealers and end users.

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
Old 01-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #177
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

Quote:
What name is on the outside of your tuner box?
My box says HERROD on the outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it cost me $1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #178
jetute

Quote:
Originally Posted by genebaby
No, it was designed to be a tuning tool, to flash new tunes into my car, after 90 days it will no longer do that. You keep going off into la la land about this situation and what you've done to a LOT of honest dealers and end users.
exactly... and it was designed and advertised (by sct when released) as having 5 lives.

anyone that has not used5 lives can now ask for compensation

BF mk11 XR6T ZF in neo
Old 01-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #179
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

My brother is not going to be a happy chappy. His car has been custom tuned once with the X1, and he bought it while it was still lots of money. He planned on getting it tuned again in the near future after a few mods. Honestly, this is wrong and should not be happening. Hopefully, you soon realise this is a bad mistake.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #180
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
There have already been members that can not have their booked tunes done because their favourite tuner has updated to V3.
Yes they can 90 days support for xcal1 (But why would you)
Closed Thread