Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #151
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Default Re: One-armed woman "driven" to despair.

I've skipped a few pages here, but has anyone thought about the blokes who used to drive the old twin-stick Macks?

How did they steer whilst shifting gears in both boxes?

Ed
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #152
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute
I've skipped a few pages here, but has anyone thought about the blokes who used to drive the old twin-stick Macks?

How did they steer whilst shifting gears in both boxes?

Ed
I don't blame you for skipping a few, pages 3 and 4. Posts 79 and 91.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #153
bigdude1011

According to the photo, she seems to be driving an N16 Pulsar, they're not all that cheap. She could possibly sell it, have the $550 to have the test, then buy another car afterwards. If she still has any movement in what's left of her right arm, then they could just mount a catch on the steering wheel, which could be used to steer.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #154
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
one day i hit 246km/h in my calais down a back street. And survived. Doesn't mean i should be allowed to do.
1). That's some back street.
2). Your not.

Bigdude1101:- above. She should not be required to pay more for a driving test than able bodied people, and certainly not be compelled to sell one car in order to afford/do a test, then buy another after passing it.

Bet the courts will not endorse to financial discrimination.

(=). The only enforceable law is that expressly passed by a parliament. Often enough, 'authorities' set about creating POLICY, but such is not necessarily enforceable law.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 03-06-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post