Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #151
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Why doesnt everyone just get on to www.bobjane.com.au and vent there anger.
Vent their anger about what? the fact that some morons trashed one of their stores last night and how sorry we are as a community this happened.

Surely you are not suggesting to complain about withdrawing support for an event where the bogans that rioted last night may have attended. Thier probably glad at Bob Jane they didn't put up the money for the event now and probably wont support anything like it again.

If the latter is your logic maybe riots should happen in perth because V8SC has at the last minute decided not to go there this year.

The decision not to go ahead with the event was a business decision you cant have a riot when things dont go your way or a decision is not what you wanted or people would riot every day over anything a car show/drive event isnt a matter of life or death and certainly doesnt deserve a retaliation like was on display last night.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 20-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #152
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Funny reading this, after seeing on the news this morning... The offenders were not called rioters, thugs, criminals or anything of the sort. they were all Hoons and car enthusiasts.

Also, talking to a couple of mates in Melbourne that knew people that were there... they didnt even know what easternats was, just an excuse to go out and have 'fun'

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 20-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #153
tjb45

Not to make light of this whole thing, but... Link..
Old 20-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #154
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Col sent a great email to the Sunday Herald.
I don't think it will get published but we are
encouraging everyone we know to write
similar.
If enough people write in,eventually they have to listen.
Cheers Jack

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Old 21-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #155
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well possibly a good idea may be for members of this forum and/or associated clubs to go down there and give them a hand to clean up.

As it is Melbourne the Melbournite members would probably be the only ones who could attend.

As for me, if there can be an official AFF fund to help the BJTM owner cover anything that is not covered by insurance I will kick it off with $100.
I agree with stera, and I'd go so far as to say don't think I've ever heard a more brilliant idea than this. Ever.

This is exactly what we need to do, to separate our image from that of the idiots giving everyone else a bad name.
Old 21-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #156
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
Vent their anger about what? the fact that some morons trashed one of their stores last night and how sorry we are as a community this happened.

Surely you are not suggesting to complain about withdrawing support for an event where the bogans that rioted last night may have attended. Thier probably glad at Bob Jane they didn't put up the money for the event now and probably wont support anything like it again.

If the latter is your logic maybe riots should happen in perth because V8SC has at the last minute decided not to go there this year.

The decision not to go ahead with the event was a business decision you cant have a riot when things dont go your way or a decision is not what you wanted or people would riot every day over anything a car show/drive event isnt a matter of life or death and certainly doesnt deserve a retaliation like was on display last night.
Agree.... none of us know the business arrangements for this event, none of us know the intricate reasons why BJ pulled out, it was a private event run on private property.
If BJ could have made money hosting it and covered all the legal and insurance issues im sure the event would have gone ahead..
Clearly the sums didnt add up, you cant expect him to go ahead anyway and have to tip his own money into it just to keep a bunch of drongo spectators happy....

Old 21-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #157
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Seems a fitting description looking at the Hooligans last night.
Low blow.
Beats "insert bogan afl team name" clap clap clap, real passion there.
Old 21-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #158
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Funny reading this, after seeing on the news this morning... The offenders were not called rioters, thugs, criminals or anything of the sort. they were all Hoons and car enthusiasts.

Also, talking to a couple of mates in Melbourne that knew people that were there... they didnt even know what easternats was, just an excuse to go out and have 'fun'
The Easternats was an event held at Sandown raceway over Easter every year. It was unique for many years in that as an entrant you could cruise the actual racetrack, hang a burnout in on the straights without getting kicked out and have a real blast over the whole weekend with all the different events like a drift contest, genuine run-what-ya-brung street drags, buronout comp and more.

What killed the Easternats from my perspective (and a lot of fans) was they relaxed the entry requirements so any car could enter... not just the true summernats style modifed weapons.

When I was first entering I was on the track with the likes of Tristan Ockers 'Mincer' Capri, Gary Myers and his Mustang, Debbie and Peter Gray's Camaro and many, many more top shelf cars. The last year I entered I was nearly smashed by a V6 VN commy attempting a 'drift' out of a corner onto the back straight, when everyone on track was stopped, but because he didn't have the power to actually spin his rear wheels he just slid, brakes on but 100% throttle, past me missing me by millimeters. That and the incompetent track staff (another story). There are lots of other examples of less fortunate cars being written off from similar situations.

After that I sent a strong worded letter to Jon Davison explaining my concrern. It was not responded to so I stopped attending.

The next nail in the coffin was the local residents complaining about motorsport events being held at a raceway (the horror I know) that eventually got the better of the council so they banned the event.

Lastly, Bob Jane stepped in to try and move the event to Calder Park but pulled out for reasons so far undisclosed. Many who know the goings on of Bob Jane will find themselves largely unsurprised by anything that he does but so be it.

Last night I think was the desperation of a few genuine car enthusiasts being exploited by a group of morons. The same morons that killed the Easternats. But I think a few people need to climb down from their soap boxes carefully before they fall of.

There's no doubt that an innocent member of the community shouldn't need to worry about this kind of damage being done to their business and there's no doubt the people that showed up with bad intentions have completely ruined any good that could ever have come from the protest, but by focusing on them even we car enthusiasts are missing what they were protesting about and its something we all should have been on board with. Who knows, we might have even been able to do it properly?
Old 21-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #159
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
Lastly, Bob Jane stepped in to try and There's no doubt that an innocent member of the community shouldn't need to worry about this kind of damage being done to their business and there's no doubt the people that showed up with bad intentions have completely ruined any good that could ever have come from the protest, but by focusing on them even we car enthusiasts are missing what they were protesting about and its something we all should have been on board with. Who knows, we might have even been able to do it properly?
Firstly What's the point of protesting if you don't know what your really protesting about and why the event was cancelled in the first place?

No point going off like a frog in a sock without knowing the facts first....

Secondly the method, time and place chosen was allways going to end in tears....

Old 21-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #160
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Thirdly ..... this was not a protest. It was an excuse to run riot.

I do agree though ... As a car enthusiast I am missing what their rioting was about and what were they intended the eventual outcome to be!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #161
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Yep, thats exactly my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Firstly What's the point of protesting if you don't know what your really protesting about and why the event was cancelled in the first place?
How do you/we know that the original protest organisers didn't know why the event was cancelled, which was Dandenong council bowing to pressure from people that bloody well should have known what was going to happen when they bought a house next to a racetrack.

Quote:
No point going off like a frog in a sock without knowing the facts first....
Which is why I'm suggesting people need to calm the hell down when going after the protest organisers.

Quote:
Secondly the method, time and place chosen was allways going to end in tears....
And therein lies my final point. Why do we, as intelligent car enthusiasts, allow protests to be organised like this? Are we forever bound to be victimised by the police because of morons that want to riot portraying themselves as the majority of car enthusiasts? Or do we take control as the majority and stand up for ourselves for once?

I've heard enough about these idiots. How about we start talking about why we're constantly the governments **********?
Old 21-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #162
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How do you/we know that the original protest organisers didn't know why the event was cancelled, which was Dandenong council bowing to pressure from people that bloody well should have known what was going to happen when they bought a house next to a racetrack.
We know this had nothing to do with that, otherwise any intelligent "group" representing the entrants would have approached the council during working hours to "discuss"....
The council are elected by the residents, they are elected to look after the interests of those residents first and foremost before others.
The main objections was the behaviour of people leaving the event, not as much participating at the event, Sandown is smack bang in the middle of suburbia....

Quote:

And therein lies my final point. Why do we, as intelligent car enthusiasts, allow protests to be organised like this? Are we forever bound to be victimised by the police because of morons that want to riot portraying themselves as the majority of car enthusiasts? Or do we take control as the majority and stand up for ourselves for once?

I've heard enough about these idiots. How about we start talking about why we're constantly the governments **********?
Intelligent enthusiasts dont allow these kind of antics, and would have given this area a very wide birth on friday night as a silent protest to the riot...

The govt act on what they get presented, we cant blame the govt, police or media for us getting a wack over this, its the drongo's who supported or participated in this riot who squarely need to feel the full fury of peoples anger.... not the govt FFS..

Old 21-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #163
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
We know this had nothing to do with that, otherwise any intelligent "group" representing the entrants would have approached the council during working hours to "discuss"....
The council are elected by the residents, they are elected to look after the interests of those residents first and foremost before others.
The main objections was the behaviour of people leaving the event, not as much participating at the event, Sandown is smack bang in the middle of suburbia....
See how having some knowledge of the situation helps? There WAS a working group lobbying council over this and there has been for years. If the problem was people leaving the event then why weren't those people being caught by police? It was actually residents complaining that the noise was too loud over the easter weekend that caused the council to cancel the events permit.

Its a pathetic argument that you bought a house next to a raceway then want to complain that its loud... but IF that is an issue for residents, why aren't raceways being systematically relocated away from housing estates?

Quote:
Intelligent enthusiasts dont allow these kind of antics, and would have given this area a very wide birth on friday night as a silent protest to the riot...

The govt act on what they get presented, we cant blame the govt, police or media for us getting a wack over this, its the drongo's who supported or participated in this riot who squarely need to feel the full fury of peoples anger.... not the govt FFS..
I'm fully aware that intelligent enthusiasts don't allow these type of antics. My question is why we leave this to un-intelligent people to organise? I thought I was pretty clear.

If we leave this to dullards to organise, we get this kind of attention, yet we take it every time. And this wasn't an organised riot, it was the freaking morons we all hate so much that changed it to what it has become... so please stop pretending that's what it was because it doesn't do anyone any good.

You say the government act on what they're presented, yet we allow these ****************** to be our representatives and do absolutely SFA to change the situation. Why?

Last edited by xdc351; 21-03-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 21-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #164
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Jack
Col sent a great email to the Sunday Herald.
I don't think it will get published but we are
encouraging everyone we know to write
similar.
If enough people write in,eventually they have to listen.
Cheers Jack

Best post in this waste of a thread.
Rather than coming here carrying on about how you don't condone this behaviour, make it a worthwile moment of your time and email a media outlet as Jack and Col have done. But please, think about what you write and how you say it. Don't rant, rave and carry on just like the brainless clowns of last nights antics.
Old 21-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #165
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was just a bunch of meathead's looking for somewhere to carry on.. and they did.. simple
Old 21-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #166
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTpilot
Best post in this waste of a thread.
Rather than coming here carrying on about how you don't condone this behaviour, make it a worthwile moment of your time and email a media outlet as Jack and Col have done. But please, think about what you write and how you say it. Don't rant, rave and carry on just like the brainless clowns of last nights antics.
Email a media outlet? If this is the best we can manage, we are totally screwed.
Old 21-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #167
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Low blow.
Beats "insert bogan afl team name" clap clap clap, real passion there.
One of the hooligans made the world cup reference, if the shoe fits.....

As for AFL go for your life, I'm a motor sport fan and don't care for any ball sport.
Old 21-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #168
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Email a media outlet? If this is the best we can manage, we are totally screwed.
Let's riot!!! Paint the street's black i'm sick of being stereotyped as a hoon!!! :jab:
Old 21-03-2010, 02:31 AM   #169
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Let's riot!!! Paint the street's black i'm sick of being stereotyped as a hoon!!! :jab:
Um, no. How about we as a silent majority get our voice heard instead of being keyboard warriors represented to the public as riot fueled tools? Not a lot of posts indicating we want to be anything less than sooks that take it like a $2 hooker.
Old 21-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #170
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the news here they said motor sport enthusiasts / rady rady = wrong an enthusiast would not carry on like those twats
Old 21-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #171
98fex

if theres know report them the police http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3drQfdWQz5U
Old 21-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #172
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Right, I got it now. So because a privately owned company won't spend hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of its own cash on a venue so that the likes of you can have a go for a minimal fee, you are free to trash private property, roam around in mobs intimidating innocent people, and generally act like cretins. Have I missed something?

read my post again.

hopefully these guys get busted, and hopefully they do time

HOWEVER,

all this "talk" and no ones listening,.

bob jane and whoever else is in charge are acting like sooks.

bob janes has been sitting on AIR for 10 years with nothing for us

the state government refuses to release land to a private consortium to build a track

various state governments across the country have not listened in years to what street machiners want.

do i agree with what the rioters did? no

do i see it happening more often? yes.

when someone has been backed into a corner they usually lash out. in the wrong way.

street machiners and enthusiasts have been pushed and pushed until they have lashed out in mob mentality here. were there some genuine machiners in that crowd? more then likely. was there agitators in the crowd who just wanted to cause trouble? of course.

this will just make it harder on the law abiding enthusiasts.

and what will you all do? you'll sit here and type out your grievences on a keyboard. maybe organise a couple of "media happy days". but thats about it.

tiptoeing on eggshells wont further the cause.

tell me, how many times should someone ask for something over a ten year period? (talking SA here now) how many times can they tell the state government that they have the funds and dont need govt help to do it? how many times can the state government stick the middle finger up?

what happened at the bob jane outlet will happen again.

its only a matter of time.
Old 21-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #173
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a bearded bloke once said ........ SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!, these people are`nt car enthusiast`s they`re just ratbags and beacause of them that`s the way we will all be seen sadly.
Old 21-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #174
artwebber

i was talking to cops at this event before it turned into a riot and cops said the gov isnt interested at all at building race tracks or even giving anyone a place to go cause it is deemed unsafe even if it is in a controled enviroment so there for the gov ignore's all of this its like talking to a brick wall it aint going anywhere.

oh and i whent cruising tonight nothing has changed on the street there is no extra cops looking to defect every car in sight just back to normal a few here and there and a booze bus on chapple st.
Old 21-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #175
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Damn cameras!

Old 21-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #176
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm fully aware that intelligent enthusiasts don't allow these type of antics. My question is why we leave this to un-intelligent people to organise? I thought I was pretty clear.

If we leave this to dullards to organise, we get this kind of attention, yet we take it every time. And this wasn't an organised riot, it was the freaking morons we all hate so much that changed it to what it has become... so please stop pretending that's what it was because it doesn't do anyone any good.

You say the government act on what they're presented, yet we allow these ****************** to be our representatives and do absolutely SFA to change the situation. Why?
Who said anything needed to be organised?

Secondly these people took it upon themselves to organise this protest....

Again why does the govt need to do anything? from what i see there is no issue beyond a couple of thousand sooky bogan "hoons"... a drop in the ocean in a country of 22 milion people....

Old 21-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #177
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
read my post again.

hopefully these guys get busted, and hopefully they do time

HOWEVER,

all this "talk" and no ones listening,.

bob jane and whoever else is in charge are acting like sooks.

bob janes has been sitting on AIR for 10 years with nothing for us

the state government refuses to release land to a private consortium to build a track

various state governments across the country have not listened in years to what street machiners want.

do i agree with what the rioters did? no

do i see it happening more often? yes.

when someone has been backed into a corner they usually lash out. in the wrong way.

street machiners and enthusiasts have been pushed and pushed until they have lashed out in mob mentality here. were there some genuine machiners in that crowd? more then likely. was there agitators in the crowd who just wanted to cause trouble? of course.

this will just make it harder on the law abiding enthusiasts.

and what will you all do? you'll sit here and type out your grievences on a keyboard. maybe organise a couple of "media happy days". but thats about it.

tiptoeing on eggshells wont further the cause.

tell me, how many times should someone ask for something over a ten year period? (talking SA here now) how many times can they tell the state government that they have the funds and dont need govt help to do it? how many times can the state government stick the middle finger up?

what happened at the bob jane outlet will happen again.

its only a matter of time.
We live in a democratic society, not a socialist society, Bob Jane owns his properties, not the govt.
What he does with them, rightly or wrongly in our eyes is his own business and right.
Maybe Bob should just sell them to developers and turn them into housing so all those who complain wont have anyone to complain about?
Id like someone to give me a couple of million dollars too, but carrying on wont make it anymore likely to happen.....

Like it or not we're a minority group, those looking for more motorsport facilites or these kind of events are an even smaller minority group, like it or not Govt's pander to the majority groups who control votes and get them elected.

Old 21-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #178
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Who said anything needed to be organised?

Secondly these people took it upon themselves to organise this protest....

Again why does the govt need to do anything? from what i see there is no issue beyond a couple of thousand sooky bogan "hoons"... a drop in the ocean in a country of 22 milion people....
I am reading 2 different issues here, one is the twits that rioted the other is the need for a place to hold drag/motor-sport events anyone who attended the recent motorvate event would have seen the true enthusiasts and there cars on display with many of ANDRA top cars and owners there for support.

The Government spend plenty of tax payers money on all sorts of sport, they still give the well cashed up AFL money and other low attendance sports tax payers hand outs.
The Governments own study shows a complex like WSID and Motorplex once biuld could not only fund its self it will return a profit, and how do we know this? becuase they wouldn't release the report and it was obtained by freedom of information and more than 1 study was done.

Anyone wanting send a message supporting a motorsport complex here is a link to our Premier in Victoria as others have done you can do it here.
Be heard properly.
http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/share-...melbourne.html

Anyone wanting to get behind motorvate the organization that is trying to get a motor-sport complex in Vic can get info here.
ANDRA are backing this motorvate organization.
http://www.motorvatemelbourne.com/

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 21-03-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 21-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #179
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I am reading 2 different issues here, one is the twits that rioted the other is the need for a place to hold drag/motor-sport events anyone who attended the recent motorvate event would have seen the true enthusiasts and there cars on display with many of ANDRA top cars and owners there for support.

Government spend plenty of tax payers money on all sorts of sport, they still give the well cashed up AFL money and other low attendance sports tax payers hand outs.
The Governments own study shows a complex like WSID and Motorplex once biuld could not only fund its self it will return a profit, and how do we know this? becuase they wouldn't release the report and it was obtained by freedom of information and more than 1 study was done.
I agree Mark, but look at the numbers of the 2 groups.... Govt's look after majority groups, not small "rebelious" minority groups...

Old 21-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #180
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What would be good if the media or a current affair show was invited to a true car enthusiasts outing such as Harry's Cruz night or similar to see the other side of the story or even have a look in a couple of us old school boys - girls sheds on a project build instead of following some young kid who borrowed his mums car with heaps of attitude