Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #2041
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwl View Post
There is no place for clear thinking and logic on this thread, all the "rats" are here.

From a Forum management point of view, best to have them all in the one place rather than popping up on the other more important threads on the forum.

With the mentality of most posters on this thread, this forum will eventually go the way of Ford Australia.
Agreed - I'll always know where to find you
4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #2042
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
That's a big stretch - including the ANZACs in this but... I'd say they'd be pretty happy knowing that they laid down their lives for the ability of us all to engage in free speech and discussion, even if that extends to mockery of our "betters".

That's what I'd say they would feel
Free speech goes both ways, not only when it's convenient. When it's not convenient it's called racism, bigotry blah blah

So no i don't think they would feel happy at all seeing people dictate what free speech is.
Old 27-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #2043
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
Free speech goes both ways, not only when it's convenient. When it's not convenient it's called racism, bigotry blah blah

So no i don't think they would feel happy at all seeing people dictate what free speech is.
Yeah. Not sure I can help you with this. I don't see a counter-opposed position as "inconvenient" - it's just someone else's' view that doesn't correspond with your view.
Old 27-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #2044
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Yeah. Not sure I can help you with this. I don't see a counter-opposed position as "inconvenient" - it's just someone else's' view that doesn't correspond with your view.
Haha typical. Refer to my first post on this.

I actually don't believe i need any help (certainly I'm not sure you are actually capable of helping).

I'm happy to accept other people's views as just a difference of opinion, but what i do have a problem with is people mocking and belittling people and even calling them names and saying they need help because they have a different opinion.

Which is pretty much what you just did to me just because i don't agree with your way of thinking. Pretty sad that you have to resort to that but i guess you're following the trend.
Old 27-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #2045
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Haha typical. Refer to my first post on this.

I actually don't believe i need any help (certainly I'm not sure you are actually capable of helping).

I'm happy to accept other people's views as just a difference of opinion, but what i do have a problem with is people mocking and belittling people and even calling them names and saying they need help because they have a different opinion.

Which is pretty much what you just did to me just because i don't agree with your way of thinking. Pretty sad that you have to resort to that but i guess you're following the trend.

Mmmm. OK.
Old 27-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #2046
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Journo from Rebel media getting assaulted, happy ending ) language warning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4qiM-PRJYw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
CoupeKing - that is a VERY revealing post.

If you call ANTI-FA (not that he is proven anti-fa but) getting arrested by University Police a happy ending does that make you PRO-FA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
Did you have an angle for us on this Coupeking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Angle? How about the angle of the stock market, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7WZFY_nY0

Team Trumps new tax plan!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Emq7V1yMo

Trumps signs Antiquities Executive Order:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrRYIKe_NWA

That's as much as I thought - I'm not sure you understand your own position.

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Last edited by CJR09; 27-04-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 27-04-2017, 09:31 PM   #2047
lgpking22

lmao the right whingers moaning people are being mean to them haha cracks me up
Old 28-04-2017, 07:27 AM   #2048
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...7e7ed34f745215
Old 28-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #2049
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
That's the double edge sword with freedom of speech.

You can say what you like. Other people can say what they like about you.

The people responding to you are not limiting your freedom of speech in anyway, even if they call you names.
Old 28-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #2050
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
That's the double edge sword with freedom of speech.

You can say what you like. Other people can say what they like about you.

The people responding to you are not limiting your freedom of speech in anyway, even if they call you names.
All true.

But there are certain things called maturity, common courtesy and class. Just because you have freedom of speech, doesn't mean it entitles you (not you, just sayin' ) to call people names because you're incapable of having a constructive argument and communicate like an adult.

Which is the point i was making about how this thread has become.
Old 28-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #2051
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Bombed Syria, increasing strikes in Yemen and threatening North Korea. Wasn't one of his major campaign promises to be non-interventionist, unlike warhawk Hillary?!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/...acy/ar-BBAsDHT

I don't know about North Korea, though. I think that sponge is full of hot air, looking for a target to rail at in an attempt to show his oppressed population that he's more powerful than he really is. I don't think he's that stupid that he'd press the big red button..

I just wish it wasn't Trump who's learned that bombing something = likes.. that's at the helm of dealing with it. Perhaps it's another thing he can add to Jared's responsibilities. Solve North Korea's Nuclear Weapons Issue.
Old 28-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #2052
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp View Post
Bombed Syria, increasing strikes in Yemen and threatening North Korea. Wasn't one of his major campaign promises to be non-interventionist, unlike warhawk Hillary?!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/...acy/ar-BBAsDHT

I don't know about North Korea, though. I think that sponge is full of hot air, looking for a target to rail at in an attempt to show his oppressed population that he's more powerful than he really is. I don't think he's that stupid that he'd press the big red button..

I just wish it wasn't Trump who's learned that bombing something = likes.. that's at the helm of dealing with it. Perhaps it's another thing he can add to Jared's responsibilities. Solve North Korea's Nuclear Weapons Issue.
Think about the strategic advantage the US has of having a "rogue" state like North Korea sitting right near China, it gives the US an excuse to have missile defence systems, troops, equipment, naval ships etc. sitting right near the Chinese border to deter China, of course the US will claim all this is because of the threat North Korea poses when the reality is it's to counter any threats China may offer, the US may never attack North Korea, but just keep them in check enough to allow for the excuse to have bigger US military presence in the region.

The same thing occurred with Iran, the US was able to have missile systems sitting in Europe (to counter Russia) all the while claiming it was to counter a threat from Iran, that's why when a deal was done with Iran, the Russians asked why the US/Euro zone still has missile systems in Europe if Iran is not a threat anymore.

There's always more to it than meets the eye, you have to look past all the bluffing and political wording and you will get an idea what is really going on.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #2053
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
All true.

But there are certain things called maturity, common courtesy and class. Just because you have freedom of speech, doesn't mean it entitles you (not you, just sayin' ) to call people names because you're incapable of having a constructive argument and communicate like an adult.

Which is the point i was making about how this thread has become.

This thread has trundled along pretty well given it's potential to detonate on the subject matter. Both sides have given as good as they've got and not much blood spilled because its generally not taken too seriously.

Then there's a few who do take it too seriously and have the potential to spoil it for the people who have actually put in the hard yards for the thread...
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #2054
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the ways Mexico could pay for the wall without a border tax:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83nLBSrfys

Admiral Harry Harris on the North Korean crisis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vll8yhROf8

China threatens North Korea with sanctions:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04...rson-says.html

The capital of free speech and tolerance, Berkeley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnMncemD3fM

Old 28-04-2017, 07:45 PM   #2055
LTD Ute
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, what's Trump done for Australia? As per the original post.

XByoot - "Yeah I think the Utes are the new coupes...you get as much rust at a far cheaper price"
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #2056
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD Ute View Post
Take some refugees from our detention centres?

But the serious answer is, nothing. I don't think that's why the American people voted for him, because he would do anything for Australia.

He promised he would do things, they voted him in and now he's doing those things. Whether people agree with those things or not is not important, he said he would do them and was still voted in

Can't say i agree with all those things, but i admire the fact he stands by his word and doesn't really give a toss about the people that knock him for doing just that. How long this will last I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #2057
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD Ute View Post
One positive is that he's brought us this...

Trumpocalypse Now
Old 28-04-2017, 10:23 PM   #2058
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's a real shame this thread has been taken over by Trump haters and mockers, and anyone who has anything good to say about him is also mocked and is suddenly a right wing fanatic who needs help, is never right and has gone completely mad.

Unfortunately this also reflects the way things are outside of this thread currently. With the terms, racist, bigot, intolerant etc being thrown at anyone who genuinely cares and have concerns about the state of affairs in their country and seeing it head down the wrong path. The vocal minorities and leftists (including media) have very loud voices at the moment and the majority is still relatively silent, interesting to see how long this will continue.

I wonder how those who died for this country since centenary would feel if they see it kneeling down to minorities like it is currently doing.
You are a tool mate, not far above that stupid woman who posted on ANZAC day. Never compare what those that had fight in WW1/2 to what goes on now. Those that fought and layed down their lives were fighting a real threat, not a perceived threat.

The white Australia policy existed for a long time after eventually phased out in the 60's . The people of that era were patriots to the values at the time.

I reckon that some in the U.S.A worked out how profitable it was after finally entering WW2 and have been made an industry out of it ever since.

Last edited by GREGL; 28-04-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 28-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #2059
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

^^

Thanks for highlighting my point, and we ain't 'mates'.

Also you have no idea, it's pretty obvious who the tool is out of us two
Old 28-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #2060
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Fake or Real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4O5AMSevc
Old 28-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #2061
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WW2 in colour, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81bIZXRjv7k
Old 28-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #2062
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems to me Trump is realizing that government is a lot harder than he thought. In my opinion he has not achieved anything that is significant at all.

I know the 100 day target is pretty unrealistic to do anything these days but in his own words he is the deal maker and he set that himself that goal so is open to the same criticism as the presidents before him if he doesn't meet it.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2017, 12:19 AM   #2063
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
^^

Thanks for highlighting my point, and we ain't 'mates'.

Also you have no idea, it's pretty obvious who the tool is out of us two
No worries I wouldn't want to be seen in your company champ. A tool is useful sometimes but only if sharp, but you keep hacking away and maybe, just maybe you might cut through all the forest and see the light.
Old 29-04-2017, 12:30 AM   #2064
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
No worries I wouldn't want to be seen in your company champ. A tool is useful sometimes but only if sharp, but you keep hacking away and maybe, just maybe you might cut through all the forest and see the light.
Old 29-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #2065
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
cliffs??
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2017, 01:54 AM   #2066
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It seems to me Trump is realizing that government is a lot harder than he thought. In my opinion he has not achieved anything that is significant at all.

I know the 100 day target is pretty unrealistic to do anything these days but in his own words he is the deal maker and he set that himself that goal so is open to the same criticism as the presidents before him if he doesn't meet it.
It's typical Trump. He promised the sky, delivered nothing, and then complained that the rules are stupid and stacked against him.
Old 29-04-2017, 02:02 AM   #2067
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
It's typical Trump. He promised the sky, delivered nothing, and then complained that the rules are stupid and stacked against him.
Hey mate, I'm really interested in hearing how things are going over there given you're one of a few Americans on our forums.
Old 29-04-2017, 10:27 AM   #2068
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It seems to me Trump is realizing that government is a lot harder than he thought.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7708166.html

Seems to be regretting his decision to run for President. I think his candidacy was focused more on self promotion and the Trump brand until he perhaps got a sniff. Clearly I think the man is a grade A moron - who wouldn't think being the 'Leader of the Free World' would be one of the hardest jobs on the planet?! He seems to think that being in Real Estate and creating a 'brand' would be more difficult?!

For the first time in a long time he does appear to be speaking honestly and earnestly, though. If he has managed to pull his head out of his **** and start taking the job seriously, I'd respect him for it. I think he lacks both the class and intelligence to pull it off. Prove me wrong, Donald.

Quote:
I'm surprised he hasn't deleted it yet.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_lan...ontractv02.pdf
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #2069
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bauxite anyone? We got plenty of Bauxite! Fire up the diggers and trucks fella's, Pappa's in town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPF...GkiGYNgQOBXgCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En8o...GkiGYNgQOBXgCA

Offshore drilling. Drill and slurp!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXW6Sb6O4E8

Trumps intro and full speech to the NRA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4aE0YSzFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8J6STzmQ58

More random win:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-KMgR_Otk
Old 29-04-2017, 11:34 AM   #2070
CJR09
RPO 77

I wanna be
I wanna be
I wanna be like Hillary...

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Closed Thread