Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #181
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

ITS BLOODY AWESOME MAAAATE!!!

See how thoughtful Port are, we gave you guys something to remember for the next 44YRS.......... :
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #182
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are a few pics of today from my work roof...apoligies about the quality they're off my mobile

Here is Lingy, you can spot his red head a mile away!

Here come all the supporters following the cup!

And here is just before the boys said a few words to the people of Geelong
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
bArNsY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #183
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Well, what a weekend! What more could a Geelong ex-pat ask for? A Geelong Premiership win, a record winning margin, beating the team of which 70% at my work are supporters of and of course, followed up by a long night on the turps.

I watched the game from Skilled Stadium before heading down into town. The noise of 1000s of horns going off was almost deafening. The town was going crazy, with people climbing on roofs, lightpoles and rooftops.

I ended up heading down to the elbow at at about 8pm and stayed there for the rest of the night till it shut (about 4am). It was packed, with atleast 50% of everyone wearing GFC gurnseys. The Cats theme song was the feature song of the night, being played on average 1 out of 5 times.

All in all, what a night! Anyone here game enough to open the lid on back to back yet...? :P
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #184
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
The noise of 1000s of horns going off was almost deafening. The town was going crazy, with people climbing on roofs, lightpoles and rooftops:P
We got into the city about 10 and the scenes were amazing. Lived there all my life and never seen anything like it. Bought a lump to the throat seein EVERYONE wrapped to see a GFC Premiership win.

But i admit , im not even a GEELONG supporter but if we couldnt win im glad GFC did. So GO HAWKS and if not another party in Geelong wouldnt be too bad! Well done boys

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #185
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

All I've got to say on this topic is one thing.....

"We are Geelong, the greatest team of all...... (insert club song here)"

Go you good things! good luck for consecutive premierships! :
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #186
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
so when essendon only dropped 1 game for the season it still wasn't as good as geelong this year. turn it up pal. they have a very long way to go to be greatest team ever. for all the port bagging i think geelong have a way to go to match the consistency of port over the last few years. they were minor premiers 3 years running. from 2002 - 2004. geelong have 1 good year and suddenly they're the greatest ever... i can't help ya.

unfortunatly with this game it doesn't seem to matter how you play for 22 games but how you play 1 game.
The consistency of Port hey. What consistency, they choked a number of times and only won the premiership once. Finishing top spot after round 22 means nothing if you continually choke in the finals.

Nothing can change the fact that the Cats have the highest winning margin in GF history, and Port own the record for the biggest smashing in GF history.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #187
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The consistency of Port hey. What consistency, they choked a number of times and only won the premiership once. Finishing top spot after round 22 means nothing if you continually choke in the finals.

Nothing can change the fact that the Cats have the highest winning margin in GF history, and Port own the record for the biggest smashing in GF history.
Atleast Port only choked in one GF in the last 20yrs, Geelong have choked 4 times in that time. :
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #188
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Atleast Port only choked in one GF in the last 20yrs, Geelong have choked 4 times in that time. :

Suck it up and get over it, let the supporters have their moment.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #189
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
But they choked in a number of finals in the last 7-8 years when they finished no 1. Geelong didn't. And the Geelong of 20 years ago has no bearing of the 07 cats, they don't have a single player from those earlier GF teams. Port have a number of players from the years they choked. I'm over it now anyway, you Port supporters can cry all you want it won't change the result. I'm out.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #190
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

One thing I'm certain of is that Geelong have finally ridded themselves of the "handbag" tag. In fact, I reckon if you went down to Alberton now you'd find the Louis Vuitton firmly strapped over most of the Power players shoulders. If not, I'm sure one of their 30,000 members can do a ram-raid at Burnside Village and get them some LOL.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #191
prydey
Rob

apparently ch10 released a statement recently apologising for the programing error on sat 29th sept. instead of the afl grand final they accidently showed australia's biggest loser!

no doubt this has done the rounds but i only heard it today and thought it was amusing.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #192
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
apparently ch10 released a statement recently apologising for the programing error on sat 29th sept. instead of the afl grand final they accidently showed australia's biggest loser!

no doubt this has done the rounds but i only heard it today and thought it was amusing.